Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Winchester Mystery House movie starts filming

UM-Bot

Something like 62 windows and 12 doors in each room, averaged. It must be very confusing for the ghosts, and people. I'm going to have to look up pictures of the interior. I think I'll watch this movie.

• Like 3

She was crazy, adding all theses rooms like  they were dimensions:(

• Like 1

I went there as a kid (circa 1976?). It left an indelible impression on my young mind. Staircases leading nowhere, rooms without floors, it kinda messed with me. The story they told then was that Mrs. Winchester felt the only way to appease the ghosts of all the souls that had been killed by her husband's rifles was to never stop building on the house. Wild.

• Like 3

That house sucks, most of the original furnishings are gone and there's a huge tacky gift shop that you have to leave through, Disney-style. Only cool thing about it is the gun museum.

18 hours ago, The Russian Hare said:

That house sucks, most of the original furnishings are gone and there's a huge tacky gift shop that you have to leave through, Disney-style. Only cool thing about it is the gun museum.

That's a shame, when I was there (40 years ago) it wasn't like that. I can see why most of the original furnishings are gone though. They would be over 100 years old already. 

• Like 1

On 5/6/2017 at 3:20 PM, strunk64 said:

Something like 62 windows and 12 doors in each room, averaged. It must be very confusing for the ghosts, and people. I'm going to have to look up pictures of the interior. I think I'll watch this movie.

I've been there. It's pretty cool. A lot of 13s because she thought it was lucky.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

I've been there. It's pretty cool. A lot of 13s because she thought it was lucky.

13 is my lucky number too. ;)