Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Strange neighbors messing with my mind/body

fredsk

I have been contacted by someone who may be an extraterrestrial being, terrestrial being of ET origin or something else with supernatural capabilities. I know of this because they are my neighbors living in the apartment directly above me. There are at least 2 of them, but I've seen more who have been seemingly watching and/or following me. This is an ongoing thing and I am posting this in case something happens to me, and in case someone else is going through similar events. If that is true, the experience may be similar to the following.

First of all, most of the time there is a feeling in my head that I would describe with the word "block" - there is something that inhibits some of my mental abities, like learning and reading: often while I'm reading I'd finish reading a sentence and notice I do not remember what I just read. I have to read each of the phrases a few times until they make sense, and so it goes for each sentence. It is as if my mind is focused somewhere else. It started quite a while ago, and I did not notice it initially because despite it being a disabling feeling you can get used to it, l like you can get used to discomfort or mild pain. So far it sound like a problem someone witb a mental illness may have, but I am almost 100% sure I don't have schizophrenia or anything else of that kind; keep reading why I think so.

About that "block" feeling. I mentioned it persists there most of the time, but not all the time. When that thing goes away the experience is as follows: you feel as if something in your head physically ceases to exist - it was there before but has now been lifted off. There is a sudden feeling of relief, you may breathe more freely than before, your perception of the world becomes much more vivid, and you will have no longer trouble with reading. Now this is where it gets strange: one day the feeling disappeared one of my neighbors suddenly started stomping fairly loudly in their apartment. The first time it happened I felt annoyed as the feeling creeped back, but when it happened for the second time not only did the feeling come back but it also gave me goosebumps because the timing was so precise at both times. This is not a deja-vu because the block feeling in my head 100% of the time disappears 1-2 seconds before the stomping (I am certain), and it is not schizophrenia because I've captured the stomping on a voice recording. The stomping ceases as soon as the feeling returns. It has happened several times now, and each time the block came back. On one occasion they (1 or more persons) couldn't get the block feeling back in my head straight away, so they started to do more noise in the room by moving stuff (chairs/tables) around in the room and using a vacuum cleaner (it escalated from a gradually increasing stomping to the other noise within seconds). It also seems those neighbors do not sleep, at all. One day the activity started on the morning, continued through the night to next morning and late afternoon - I know because I couldn't sleep at all that night. I consider this a telepathic ability how precisely they can tell when something in my head changes. I am usually sitting still while it happens, but often when I am walking (silently) I hear the neighbor follow me with unusually loud steps / stomps. One time the feeling in my head started to fade the neighbor immediately with loud steps from the other room to the spot directly above me and started stomping. It seems they are doing it on purpose to gain my attention, for reasons unknown to me. Because they haven't explained me why they're doing it and because it gives me nothing but ill effects I am assuming their intentions are not benevolent.

I will now describe an even stranger event. One night I was lying in my bed, the feeling was there, as usual. I felt as if something or someone was connected to me, and they apparently wanted me to increase my focus on some mental point. When my mind drifted away from the focal point they would signal me a "no" via my eyes moving involuntarily from left to right, and when I managed to keep focus respectively I received a "yes" (eyes moving up, down, and back up, as if nodding). All of the communication from their part happened via the yes and no signs and images. They got me into a very suggestive state and I followed the instructions. At the end they made my breathing stop and instructed me to proceed focussing. I don't know if they wanted to see if I could kill myself by focusing hard enough while holding breath, or tested how intense focus I can achieve, but in the end I breathed. I am not a swimmer and haven't practised holding breath, and it was not a complete control over my body but a very suggestive state. Some strange scent can be smelled at times, which seems to have a sedative effect. I heard various kinds of silent sounds from the apartment above. Throughout the process my limbs and other parts of the body were involuntarily moving in an apparent manner to maintain the focus, in addition to the yes and no reminders. Also, during that time I could not make any voluntary movements myself - when I thought of moving hand or getting up in the bed someone else did those movements for me. Apart from it straight up feeling like someone else is doing it, it also differed from my usual movements in that they were 'perfect' - there was no fumbling around for the zip on the pants or door handle, every movement was performed with 100% precision. I could ask different questions as long as they could be answered by yes or no and received an answer every time, but I also received a 'yes' when I asked if they lied, and a 'no' when I asked if it was at all possible to know when they are telling the truth. Hence if that happens to you I recommend not to ask any questions, and snap out of the state immediately. By the way, I asked if they were aliens and if they are robots, both of which got me a 'yes' each time, and to the question "do you sleep?" I got a 'no', but again that means nothing for the aforementioned reason.

I don't really have another place to stay. I'm also not sure what to do about it. I do not want to visit those neighbors as they can easily pretend they know nothing of it (they made noise but it would be strange to tell it was related to some feeling in me), but also I fear what they might do. Anyhow, I intend to keep this thread updated and reply to any messages, whatever comes, so if I disappear.. then you'll know, I guess.

Edited by fredsk
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

To answer your question, No! Your neighbors are not extraterrestrials or robots. Maybe they are just busy people and you perhaps annoy them?

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

To answer your question, No! Your neighbors are not extraterrestrials or robots. Maybe they are just busy people and you perhaps annoy them?

Thanks for completely ignoring the reasons I brought out why I'm confident it is paranormal activity. Are you a troll by chance?

Edited by fredsk
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, fredsk said:

Thanks for completely ignoring the reasons I brought out why I'm confident it is paranormal activity. Are you a troll by chance?

No freddy boy I'm not. What I'm saying is that YOU are probably way over thinking all this. That's what I'm saying. 

Plus your second to last paragraph is pure hypnopompic/hypnagogic experience.

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 7

You need to stop focusing on your neighbours. Whatever it is you're experiencing it has nothing to do with them. They aren't extraterrestrials, and nothing paranormal is going on. And before you ask, I'm not a troll either. 

• Like 6

As I already said, there is approximately 100% correlation between the feeling I get and the loud noise they are making, not me...

To clarify, they are very quiet otherwise.

Edited by fredsk

Just cover all your walls, the ceiling and floor with aluminum foil. Should stop all this.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, fredsk said:

As I already said, there is approximately 100% correlation between the feeling I get and the loud noise they are making, not me...

Because the entire experience is based on your perception. It is only your subjective experience. Those people above you are probably completely unaware of your existence. How you interlink the noises you you hear from above into your own narrative. 

I don't mean to sound confrontational, but as you seem to be blaming complete strangers for what you're experiencing, I think it's only fair to point this out to you.

• Like 4

It appears you are overly eager to discredit such topics as they arrive.

2 minutes ago, oldrover said:

Because the entire experience is based on your perception. It is only your subjective experience. Those people above you are probably completely unaware of your existence. How you interlink the noises you you hear from above into your own narrative. 

I don't mean to sound confrontational, but as you seem to be blaming complete strangers for what you're experiencing, I think it's only fair to point this out to you.

I could predict when they were about to make noise, with 100% certainity within a couple seconds when that change happened in my mind. The physical evidence I have is not sufficient to prove anyone else it happened, but it is sufficient for me to know I did not imagine this.

11 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

No freddy boy I'm not. What I'm saying is that YOU are probably way over thinking all this. That's what I'm saying. 

Plus your second to last paragraph is pure hypnopompic/hypnagogic experience.

Read above. How is it pure hypnopompic/hypnagogic experience if I recorded that stomping?

10 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Just cover all your walls, the ceiling and floor with aluminum foil. Should stop all this.

foil on the floors is a trip hazard. Try these stylish tiles.......http://www.aluminumfloors.com/

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fredsk said:

Read above. How is it pure hypnopompic/hypnagogic experience if I recorded that stomping?

You never heard of an auditory hallucination? Even if it wasn't the case it was probably just a trigger for your hypnagogic experience. Plus why are you so focused on your upstairs neighbors. Maybe they've got lives.

• Like 1

Maybe they have lives and he doesnt......is there a correlation there?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

You never heard of an auditory hallucination? Even if it wasn't the case it was probably just a trigger for your hypnagogic experience. Plus why are you so focused on your upstairs neighbors. Maybe they've got lives.

I guess my phone must be a paranormal object for it to be able to induce an auditory hallucion of the stomping each time I replay it.

It cannot be a trigger for my hypnagogic experience if the experience happens before the trigger. I don't think I have to explain you the concept of causality, do I?

11 minutes ago, fredsk said:

It appears you are overly eager to discredit such topics as they arrive.

No, I'm a realist. You do not have aliens living above you, you have human neighbours. My concern is that they're being involuntarily and unknowingly being co opted into your narrative. It doesn't strike me as being either fair or healthy.  As I say, I'm not trying to be hostile, I just think it's probably fair to point out to you that these people have no idea what's going on and are just getting on with their lives.

As to your experiences themselves, I can't see anything that inexplicable in your account. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, fredsk said:

I guess my phone must be a paranormal object for it to be able to induce an auditory hallucion of the stomping each time I replay it.

It cannot be a trigger for my hypnagogic experience if the experience happens before the trigger. I don't think I have to explain you the concept of causality, do I?

Do I need to explain the placebo effect to you? You're so hung up on this "My neighbors are aliens" that anything that happens you automatically associate with it. You've got pavlovian trigger buddy. You need to either see a doctor about all this or let it go.

• Like 2

Just now, oldrover said:

No, I'm a realist. You do not have aliens living above you, you have human neighbours. My concern is that they're being involuntarily and unknowingly being co opted into your narrative. It doesn't strike me as being either fair or healthy.  As I say, I'm not trying to be hostile, I just think it's probably fair to point out to you that these people have no idea what's going on and are just getting on with their lives.

As to your experiences themselves, I can't see anything that inexplicable in your account. 

I could tell to another person standing next to me that within a couple of seconds the stomping will begin. Do explain that.

Okay hot shot. Give us proof. If you want us to believe you we need evidence, without evidence this is just a story.

3 minutes ago, fredsk said:

I could tell to another person standing next to me that within a couple of seconds the stomping will begin. Do explain that.

No, I can't explain how you're experiencing this, it's unique to you. All I can say is that the people above you are as human as you and I. 

6 minutes ago, oldrover said:

No, I can't explain how you're experiencing this, it's unique to you. All I can say is that the people above you are as human as you and I. 

If an otherwise silent neighbor starts making noise only after a change happens in my mind I think it counts as a pretty solid argument supporting the theory that they have telepathic abilities.

I would not give a damn about them if they stopped messing around and let me sleep at night.

Edited by fredsk

7 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Okay hot shot. Give us proof. If you want us to believe you we need evidence, without evidence this is just a story.

As said... the proof is only sufficient for me. I do not want you to believe any of this. The only purpose of this thread was to put this out there in case anyone else is having similar experiences.

9 minutes ago, fredsk said:

If an otherwise silent neighbor starts making noise only after a change happens in my mind I think it counts as a pretty solid argument supporting the theory that they have telepathic abilities.

I would not give a damn about them if they stopped messing around let me sleep at night.

Only if you fall into the trap of believing that things are exactly as you perceive them. They aren't. 

Edited by oldrover
  • Like 2

Also since many mentioned it.. no, I did not say they are aliens. I said that the entity I communicated with claimed they are robotic and of alien origin, and I also said that none of that could be believed because that entity was lying (it itself told it was giving untrue answers). I just thought I'll mention it, but maybe I shouldn't have.

This one is a rarer one, but not rare enough that the theme isnt recognised. Actually, its fairly common, even so that it forms the theme of this novel which I  display each time someone suffers this 'strange neighbour syndrome' ;

6800155.jpg

"Nicholas Coad, the Savage Mandarin: detached, scientific, 'converted' into a state of 'sublime, cosmic indifference'. He is working on a unique project - the 'conversion' and liberation of the soul or higher self from chains of physical bondage. His 'patient' is his good-natured neighbour, Rogers, up-and-coming ad-man. Rogers does not realise that his piercing headaches are caused by the fearsome, hypnotic in coad's flat. But as coad brings him further along the path to liberation, he has no choice. After all, his brain now resembles a chunk of Gruyére cheese..."

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

Do I need to explain the placebo effect to you? You're so hung up on this "My neighbors are aliens" that anything that happens you automatically associate with it. You've got pavlovian trigger buddy. You need to either see a doctor about all this or let it go.

I'm voting for the seeing a doctor approach.  There is also a strong possibility this is a troll thread.  Either way it is disturbing.  

• Like 5

Dude, I'm sorry to say, but this just sounds like you have tweaker neighbours. The patterns match exactly, up for days on end doing high energy activity with low energy in between. The fact that you smell something weird every time is what confirms it for me. 

Which also might explain the rest of the symptoms your experiencing, you might be getting second hand high without any way of knowing. And the comedown from this drug is known to cause temporary schizophrenic/delusional behaviour which can last from a week up until 2 months after the drug has left your system. Not to mention the high of the drug itself has some paranoia like qualities.

Also if you aren't sleeping well, either because you're scared, are drug-induced or any other reasons. It will 100% over time hit a point where your brain isn't rested enough to be able to differentiate between reality and delusion. I've seen a perfectly normal girl convince herself that she was in a Truman show type of life and it was all fake, on the fourth day of no sleep to wake up and barely remember it or believe she would really think that. 

Be careful with your health , sleep, stay hydrated, eat, breathe, and If you still feel like this at different buildings other than just this one you need to consult a medical health professional even if only to ease your mind.

And my advice to you would be to move, this isn't a battle you want to start, tweaker aren't always reasonable, sane or safe to be around depending where they are in their binge sleep cycle. If that's what is happening that is. maybe try apartment swapping with a friend to see what they think or if you felt a difference away from that place. 

Please dont me afraid to consult help, even if you don't think you need it, **** especially if you don't you only get one brain treat it well. And at the very least they could give you anxiety medication to help you cope with everything as you leave the situation and then you can at least have a ironclad defence to your story 

• Like 3