Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump fires FBI Director Comey

thedutchiedutch

I believe he was sacked because the mis information regarding the Hiliary leaks. I believe the democrats was really the driving force of this

He was sacked because he wouldn't stop investigating Trump and associates.  The Democrats have no clout in the White House -- get serious -- and if that were the reason for the sacking it would have happened several months ago.  Trump has lots of things to hide, and he may succeed, but only fools don't realize he his taking the nation for a bunch of idiots.

I haven't been able to catch any of the news yet, but I imagine the Dramacrates are going to have a field day today.

• Like 1

Comey was fired because he was constantly over stepping his boundaries. Director Comey took on the roles of the Attorney General and the Court (you know the old saying, he played both judge and jury). At the end of April the Assistant Attorney General (I can't recall his name right now) looked into what was going on at the FBI. Add to all this how Comey behaved at his last interview session (more boundary overstepping) and it became blatantly obvious. Personally, I think his firing was long overdue.

Keep in mind there's tons of video showing the Democrats all up in arms over Comey's behavior in the past. Sure, they will try to use Comey being fired to indicate Trump is guilty of stuff, but the FBI still has the investigation ongoing and just changing Directors does not change the investigative process. The outcome of the investigation into the Trump/Russia allegations will ultimately hinge on the evidence, not who the FBI Director happens to be.

• Like 4

Oddly enough, it's a Democrat who will rise to the head of the FBI now that Comey is out: http://dailycaller.com/2017/05/09/comeys-temporary-replacement-has-strong-ties-to-a-clinton-ally/  Of course he will eventually be replaced but the fact remains that the firing of Comey does not place any investigations into hostile hands like the Democrats are trying to imply.

Yet, the Democrats are screaming all sorts of nonsense about Trump covering up stuff by firing Comey. How funny this all is becoming...especially considering that only days ago Hillary Clinton was blaming Comey for her having lost the election!

• Like 2

I think Comey injected himself by becoming to politicised and even somewhat conceited. He forgot about what his core responsibilities were as being Director of the FBI, therefore he's fallen on his own sword. 

• Like 4

Comey went from hero to villain and back to hero again.  I wish the commies would make up their minds. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, aquatus1 said:

I don't envy Comey the choices he had in front of him, and he probably would have benefited from being slightly less scrupulous than he was when he announced the investigation into the emails.  Regardless, at this point, not the Democrats, not the Republicans, no one will want anything to do with him.  Unless he's got pictures in his pocket of Trump and Putin in bed together (literally), he's going to be pretty much out of the picture entirely.

I agree with the firing overall.  The only thing he should be announcing is criminal charges against an individual.  The rest of the stuff can be talked about in court.

7 hours ago, and then said:

My take on this is simple.  Comey deserved to be ousted.  If Trump doesn't have a follow-up plan to manage the firestorm of hypocrisy that is about to ensue for months, he won't last through his first term.  It's time to FIGHT back.  Re-open every case with national significance that the FBI handled in the last 4 years or so.  Put fresh eyes on each case and go over the facts.  Then make them PUBLIC to the extent they can be.  Let a grand jury decide what is to be done about HRC's server.  They want investigations?  Give them investigations.

I like the way you think :gun: I bet we'll start seeing the rats running for their lives. They only eat at the table when the cats are away

• Like 2

Reuters

Pushing back against critics of the move, White House officials said Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, a career prosecutor who took office on April 25, assessed the situation at the FBI and concluded that Comey had lost his confidence.

Rosenstein sent his recommendation to Sessions, who concurred and they forwarded their recommendation to Trump, who accepted it on Tuesday, they said.

The White House released a memo in which Rosenstein wrote: "I cannot defend the Director's handling of the conclusion of the investigation of Secretary Clinton's emails, and I do not understand his refusal to accept the nearly universal judgment that he was mistaken."

Rosenstein calling out Comey on the HRC investigation. Nice. Sounds like Comey made enemies on both sides for different reasons

• Like 2

Teflon Don, once again, this more than likely won't stick due to Comey's past history of inciting both sides.

• Like 1

This was handled very poorly given that even senior staff were unaware this was coming but that said, it is beyond absurd to think that trump is covering up some Russian connection.  Beyond the fact that after months of investigation nothing has been found suggesting any collusion took place is the fact that the worst possible way to cover-up evidence of that collusion would be to fire the FBI director!  if there was any evidence at all and you fired the FBI director to cover it up the hundreds of agents involved would be leaking all over the news within minutes and let's not forget that Comey would be immediately granted immunity and testifying before congress the next day. More idiocy from the left.

Only a democrat is stupid enough to claim cover up, especially when said democrat has been howling for Comey to be fired since last October

schumer.jpg

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 8

3 hours ago, Astra. said:

I think Comey injected himself by becoming to politicised and even somewhat conceited. He forgot about what his core responsibilities were as being Director of the FBI, therefore he's fallen on his own sword. 

I agree!  He should never have allowed Loretta Lynch, the nations chief prosecutor, to lay the responsibility of determining whether or not to prosecute Hillary Clinton, in his lap!  That determination should always be made by a prosecutor and when he took on that responsibility he, as you said, injected himself into politics and forgot his core responsibility of simply being the nations chief investigator.   Lynch absolutely needed to recuse herself after meeting with Bill Clinton but there are plenty of competent, professional prosecutors on Lynch's staff that could've taken over the case and Comey should've stood in front of a camera and said just that when Lynch disgraced herself.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

This was handled very poorly given that even senior staff were unaware this was coming but that said, it is beyond absurd to think that trump is covering up some Russian connection.  Beyond the fact that after months of investigation nothing has been found suggesting any collusion took place is the fact that the worst possible way to cover-up evidence of that collusion would be to fire the FBI director!  if there was any evidence at all and you fired the FBI director to cover it up the hundreds of agents involved would be leaking all over the news within minutes and let's not forget that Comey would be immediately granted immunity and testifying before congress the next day. More idiocy from the left.

Only a democrat is stupid enough to claim cover up, especially when said democrat has been howling for Comey to be fired since last October

Evidently, they have very short, selective memory. It seems to have degraded even further since the 2016 elections.

Colbert: "Trump fired Comey"
Audience: "Yay!"
Colbert: "No, you're supposed to boo"
Audience: "Boo!"
Colbert: "Good audience, but don't you EVER form your opinion by yourself again"

Merc, they really have no idea what they are doing, do they? The left is entirely reactionary now, like a cork bobbing in the ocean. A Trump hating cork.

• Like 3

“You’re stuck with me for another 6 ½ years,” Comey told attendees from the law enforcement and private sectors. Comey’s tenure as director began in 2013 when he was appointed by then-President Barack Obama.

lol, 

• Like 4

Just now, Dark_Grey said:

Evidently, they have very short, selective memory. It seems to have degraded even further since the 2016 elections.

Colbert: "Trump fired Comey"
Audience: "Yay!"
Colbert: "No, you're supposed to boo"
Audience: "Boo!"
Colbert: "Good audience, but don't you EVER form your opinion by yourself again"

Merc, they really have no idea what they are doing, do they? The left is entirely reactionary now, like a cork bobbing in the ocean. A Trump hating cork.

Rush just put it perfectly. Libs can't keep up with who they're supposed to hate. Then they have to be told.

• Like 7

If you have to be told who you're supposed to hate (because it changes with the political wind) then you aren't thinking for yourself.

• Like 8

I love it seeing the Progs get into that holier-than-thou act decrying that firing Comey is Nixonian.  The timing proves that Trump is guilty of something…  Don’t people understand that the timing is all on the Progs (crybabies)!?  They are the ones dragging their oomph in the mud when it comes to confirmation of Trump’s appointments.  If Congress had done their job, Comey would have been fired sooner.

But now that Comey is gone, we’ll see the cockroaches scurry about because they are $-hitting their pants now that it is open for a grand jury to be empaneled on Hilary.  When the evidence eventually emerges, the Progs will be disgraced.  Everybody knows the results anyway.  There was no collusion between Trump and Putin, yet the list of felonies Hilary has committed are as long as anybody’s arm.  Bring it on!

• Like 7

This is great.  The firing of Comey opens the door for Trey Gowdy ... I would love this guy as FBI Director!!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Aftermath said:

This is great.  The firing of Comey opens the door for Trey Gowdy ... I would love this guy as FBI Director!!

I don't know who will fill the position, I just can't wait to hear the outrage from the left whoever it may be.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Aftermath said:

We were discussing that at my house too, can you imagine the tears from Schumer/Pelosi? 

"Cryin' Chuck Schumer"

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

****ed no matter who we picked.

Then maybe we should stop letting Tabloid-style media make up our minds for us when it comes to political candidates.

In that regard, Trump was actually a step in the right direction. 

• Like 1

The MRC Blasts Media's Hypocritical Comey Coverage

The Media Research Center offered a press statement on the media overreaction to the Comey news:

“The firing of FBI Director James Comey has pushed the deranged, bloodthirsty media over the edge. Rather than reporting the facts, the media rushed to breathlessly pushing Democratic talking points and conspiracy theories untethered to reason or reality. The notion that this is in any way comparable to Watergate is hysterical. Any media report that leaves out how Democratic officials flipped from slamming Comey’s handling of the email investigation to feigning outrage and mourning his dismissal is worthless.”

http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/nb-staff/2017/05/10/mrc-blasts-medias-hypocritical-comey-coverage

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Sweetpumper said:

Rush just put it perfectly. Libs can't keep up with who they're supposed to hate. Then they have to be told.

Yeah, wasn't that incredible?

And the audience just sat there and took it, like superstitious peasants being chastised by the bone-shaking Priest.

What a pathetic bunch of sheep.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Aftermath said:

Gowdy is a great guy and would probably do a good job but he likes to be in the limelight, and does well there, but I always thought the FBI director should be a behind the scenes guy and not front and center as Comey has been the last year or so.   Gowdy needs to be the next Attorney General, IMHO, if and when Sessions decides to move on.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 3