Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump fires FBI Director Comey

thedutchiedutch

1 minute ago, Yamato said:

The Colbert joke about Trump was no big deal was it?   Lots of false outrage though for something so harmless.

I don't think so. Unless it wasn't really a joke but I think it had to be. 

Edited by F3SS

Just now, F3SS said:

I don't think so. Unless it wasn't really a joke but I think it had to be. 

Colbert says stuff like that all the time.    There is however a great sensitivity to the bit about Trump.

19 hours ago, Sweetpumper said:

I don't know who will fill the position, I just can't wait to hear the outrage from the left whoever it may be.

Exactly, no one will satisfy them and I suspect they will need to paint whoever is chosen as being a fascist. This is because everything is likely to be pulled out into the light, including the Clinton evidence. If it turns out there's no actual evidence of the Trump/Putin collusion but plenty of evidence of Mrs Clinton behaving badly....it won't bode well for the Democrats.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yamato said:

Colbert says stuff like that all the time.    There is however a great sensitivity to the bit about Trump.

Imagine such a crude homophobic joke was made about President Obama. This is not a matter of being sensitive, it's a matter of being disgusting and it needs to stop.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Imagine such a crude homophobic joke was made about President Obama. This is not a matter of being sensitive, it's a matter of being disgusting and it needs to stop.

To even imagine such a thing is racist. Report to the nearest reeducation camp immediately.  

1 hour ago, Lilly said:

Perhaps I'm thinking of the wrong joke?

The latest Bill Mahar "joke" also shows it's open season on Trump, anything goes.

I won't link to it for obvious reasons...

• Like 1

Just now, F3SS said:

Perhaps I'm thinking of the wrong joke?

I'm sorry, I can't repeat the joke here (is crude, sexually explicit, homophobic). You can choose to google Stephen Colbert/Trump joke and I'm sure you'll find it.

On 5/9/2017 at 8:39 PM, Captain Risky said:

Trump is a dick. He encouraged Comey to investigate something he didn't want to and then Comley obviously found something that scared Trump... so they fired him. 

Oh wow! I never looked at it that way! I guess my boss is a dick because he tells me to do my JOB too right?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lilly said:

I'm sorry, I can't repeat the joke here (is crude, sexually explicit, homophobic). You can choose to google Stephen Colbert/Trump joke and I'm sure you'll find it.

Nah I'm good but thanks.

1 hour ago, .ZZ. said:

The latest Bill Mahar "joke" also shows it's open season on Trump, anything goes.

I won't link to it for obvious reasons...

That one I did see.

• Like 1

Either Trump fired him for the right reasons but is an idiot and did not consider that the timing of this was absolutely horrible and creates the appearance of him firing him over the Russia investigation drawing parallels between Nixons "Saturday Massacre" (tenuous they may be), then has a photo taken the very next day with non other than Nixons former secretary of state, and also meets with the Russian ambassador that same day (if this were fiction I would roll my eyes at this).

Or Trump fired Comey for the wrong reasons out of anger and perhaps fear regarding the Russia investigation.

Or maybe Trump just did not like that Comey is taller than him.

With Trump you just never know.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Einsteinium said:

Either Trump fired him for the right reasons but is an idiot and did not consider that the timing of this was absolutely horrible and creates the appearance of him firing him over the Russia investigation drawing parallels between Nixons "Saturday Massacre" (tenuous they may be), then has a photo taken the very next day with non other than Nixons former secretary of state, and also meets with the Russian ambassador that same day (if this were fiction I would roll my eyes at this).

Or Trump fired Comey for the wrong reasons out of anger and perhaps fear regarding the Russia investigation.

Or maybe Trump just did not like that Comey is taller than him.

With Trump you just never know.

To Trump, there is no “timing” because he knows there is no collusion.  Or his “timing” is now that Comey is out of the way, the prosecution of Hilary can begin.  Trump is marching to the beat of his own drum and he could care less on how it looks.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

...you're assuming that Hillary is guilty. Comley and the FBI had ample opportunity to lay a case and didn't. Thing is Astra, that only a new director of the FBI will be able to prove it. Let's just wait and see whether the investigation into Clinton is even started up and whether it goes any where. 

As it stands Hillary 1 Trump 0  

O.K, let's go for incompetency too.  She used an unauthorized server for her emails etc..While under subpoena Hillary and her cohorts, destroyed Blackberries with hammers, and deleted emails from her server.  .. Now knowing all your devices were subject to FOIA when used in an official capacity, why did she delete personal emails? If she thought indeed it was for personal use, as she stated over and over the reason for deleting 33,000 emails, why were 104 classified emails found on her server? Classified emails do not belong on a personal server. But she was aware of that. She fooled over half the populace.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Einsteinium said:

It's called "trolling". Intentionally trying to get a rise out of someone. This is Trump dangling a Russian "conspiracy" in front of the media's face.

Trump-Hosts-Russian-Foreign-Minister-Lav

The POTUS is on Twitter all the time, he spent his whole life manipulating his public image. He knows exactly how this looks.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

O.K, let's go for incompetency too.  She used an unauthorized server for her emails etc..While under subpoena Hillary and her cohorts, destroyed Blackberries with hammers, and deleted emails from her server.  .. Now knowing all your devices were subject to FOIA when used in an official capacity, why did she delete personal emails? If she thought indeed it was for personal use, as she stated over and over the reason for deleting 33,000 emails, why were 104 classified emails found on her server? Classified emails do not belong on a personal server. But she was aware of that. She fooled over half the populace.

We should then investigate all politicians who use private email servers.

Here is a partial list:

Jeb Bush

Scott Walker

Rick Perry

And lets not forget the 5 MILLION emails that the G W Bush White House 'lost' https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/2015/03/10/flashback-when-millions-of-lost-bush-white-hous/202820

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/the-republicans-who-did-exactly-what-hillary-did

Wait, those are all republicans, never mind look the other way.

She was within the bounds of the law to use the private server, doing that in and of itself was not illegal. Now, destroying Blackberries with hammers, yeah that is just wrong. But she is not POTUS, Trump is, Trump is under the microscope now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Einsteinium said:

She was within the bounds of the law to use the private server, doing that in and of itself was not illegal. Now, destroying Blackberries with hammers, yeah that is just wrong. But she is not POTUS, Trump is, Trump is under the microscope now.

You’re missing a key element here.  Using private servers for personal email is not the issue.  Using them for the transmission of classified material is a felony.  I’m not talking about occasional inadvertent release of data through association, etc., but deliberate premeditated sending.  Cyber security is the field I’m in.  If I did just a fraction of what she had done, I would be spending 20 years hard labor in Leavenworth.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Einsteinium said:

We should then investigate all politicians who use private email servers.

Here is a partial list:

Jeb Bush

Scott Walker

Rick Perry

And lets not forget the 5 MILLION emails that the G W Bush White House 'lost' https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/2015/03/10/flashback-when-millions-of-lost-bush-white-hous/202820

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/the-republicans-who-did-exactly-what-hillary-did

Wait, those are all republicans, never mind look the other way.

My whole point was if it was a private server that is o.k. But she sent classified information on that private server, which is not o.k. At that point it became an unauthorized server.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lilly said:

Sadly with the death of PC came the death of politeness and decorum.  The new rule of thumb is say what you want and if the person who hears it is offended then it's their problem because they are a "snowflake".

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Sadly with the death of PC came the death of politeness and decorum.  The new rule of thumb is say what you want and if the person who hears it is offended then it's their problem because they are a "snowflake".

That’s not exactly true.  If the “snowflake” is a Conservative then yes.  But if it is a Prog, then it is totally offensive and unacceptable and the person that told the joke should be crucified.

• Like 1

Now this is just a guess on my part, but I'm thinking Comey an Sessions are at odds over maybe high profile pedo cases. 

1 hour ago, Dark_Grey said:

It's called "trolling". Intentionally trying to get a rise out of someone. This is Trump dangling a Russian "conspiracy" in front of the media's face.

Trump-Hosts-Russian-Foreign-Minister-Lav

The POTUS is on Twitter all the time, he spent his whole life manipulating his public image. He knows exactly how this looks.

Great so we have a President who is a troll, how very presidential of him. He sure is setting the bar very low for the next president.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Einsteinium said:

Great so we have a President who is a troll, how very presidential of him. He sure is setting the bar very low for the next president.

He never went to Law School, or spent years being groomed in an Ivy League institution. He was born in to wealth and became a man of business and media instead - comparing his demeanor to every other suit-and-tie that held office isn't really fair, IMO.

52 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

My whole point was if it was a private server that is o.k. But she sent classified information on that private server, which is not o.k. At that point it became an unauthorized server.

So did the republicans I listed. I agree that doing this is not okay, but let's not be naiive and pretend that ONLY Hillary did this, if you are going to call one of them out on it, call them all out on it. There should be no double-standard.

1 hour ago, RavenHawk said:

You’re missing a key element here.  Using private servers for personal email is not the issue.  Using them for the transmission of classified material is a felony.  I’m not talking about occasional inadvertent release of data through association, etc., but deliberate premeditated sending.  Cyber security is the field I’m in.  If I did just a fraction of what she had done, I would be spending 20 years hard labor in Leavenworth.

Okay, then we should be sending G W Bush to prison right along side Hillary as he did this as well. So have many others on both sides. I have no problem with this, just don't have a double standard.

Also, not sure why we are still talking about Hillary, Trump is president and Hillary is just a private citizen now.

Edited by Einsteinium