Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump fires FBI Director Comey

thedutchiedutch

I would also remind everyone that it's the far left progressives who constantly say that Trump is in cahoots with Putin. I have yet to see any actual evidence that this is the case. In fact, Trump doesn't appear very *cozy* toward Putin (especially Russia's stance in Syria). Now, if Russia simply thought Trump would be someone who could be easily duped, perhaps that's correct. However, I don't think this is the case...and I also think Putin is seeing it's not the case as well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, and then said:

Trump isn't ever going to graceful in his management style.  

No one expects him too at this point, he has definitively established himself as the antithesis of 'grace' in most every aspect of his life and communications. We're way past looking for 'grace' at this point, we're just trying to find some competence.

he is constantly under attack from almost all  sides, how effective do you expect anyone in his shoes would be? 

as far as competence, i have not seen much of it from pretty much any prez in recent times. so he is not any different in that regard

Edited by aztek

1 hour ago, Einsteinium said:

And the average Joe Assembly line worker can?

I know it is not politically correct to talk about how the lesser educated are not as capable on average of understanding political nuances of the wider world around them, but it is true. I thought Trump supporters wanted to throw PC out the window? Well, you reap what you sow.

In my experience, it is unwise to disparage the intellect of "the average Joe Assembly line worker", although it happens frequently among their professional co-workers.  Usually these professionals harbor insecurities of their own which clouds their judgement.

While certainly not a universal trait, many of these "Average Joes" are deeply intellectual and acutely aware of the world around them and always seeking to learn more about it.  By the same token, many degreed professionals are simply indoctrinated servants who believe the education they received in their 20s taught them everything they'll ever need to know.

Edited by hacktorp
  • Like 3

Just now, hacktorp said:

In my experience, it is unwise to disparage the intellect of "the average Joe Assembly line worker", although it happens frequently among their professional co-workers.  Usually these professionals harbor insecurities of their own which clouds their judgement.

While certainly not a universal trait, many of these "Average Joes" are deeply intellectual and acutely aware of the world around them and always seeking to learn more about it.  By the same token, many degreed professionals are simply indoctrinated servants who believe the education they received in their 20s taught them everything they'll ever need to know.

This just does not line up with my experience with both these levels of education. I have met blue collar workers who are brilliant and I have met professionals with degrees who are morons, but that is not the norm. The norm is that the more objective education you have EARNED through your blood sweat and tears the larger your worldview and the better your comprehension of bigger issues. I don't have a grudge against blue collar workers, I used to be one myself, but people who have earned degrees and sacrificed to make it happen do on average have more well rounded and thoughtful opinions on bigger issues because of that education, or perhaps not because of the education itself, but because whatever it took to motivate them to get through college and make that sacrifice makes them simply think bigger. Again, they earned that, it was not handed to them. There certainly are blue collar workers who have that mindset and choose not to go to college, but again that is not the average that I have encountered in my time on this rock we call earth.

You will always have some bad apples.

10 minutes ago, Einsteinium said:

but people who have earned degrees and sacrificed to make it happen do on average have more well rounded and thoughtful opinions on bigger issues because of that education, or perhaps not because of the education itself, but because whatever it took to motivate them to get through college and make that sacrifice makes them simply think bigger.

It seems the attainment of an accredited degree is the demarcation line for you to identify those who are able to form well-rounded thoughts and opinions and "think bigger".

Did you know some of the world's most successful companies were founded by college drop-outs and mere high school graduates?  Perhaps this is even true at the company you work for...as in the person who signs your paycheck.

It's not un-PC to disparage the average blue collar worker's ability to judge the world around him...it's flat-out foolish.

• Like 4

My grandfather didn't even have a high school diploma. He was one of the smartest people I've ever known due to being a prolific reader. Self education is indeed possible.

Speaking of education, here lately I've been noticing how many people have college degrees but appear to be very ignorant outside their specific discipline. Way back in ancient times (aka the 1970s) students were required to study various academic areas, not so much these days. I was a science major but I was still required to study literature, history, language, mathematics. Nowadays the notion of being versed in various disciplines appears to have fallen by the wayside. One can now be educated but highly ignorant outside of their chosen field of study.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Einsteinium said:

People said this same exact thing about the German immigrants and the Italian immigrants over a hundred years ago and they were proven to be wrong.

Don’t forget the Chinese and Irish.  No, they weren’t proven wrong.  We were able to dodge a bullet.  Congress has struggled with this over the years and have limited the total numbers of immigrants.  Like with many other things, when you have too much of something, the pendulum then swings in the other direction.  At our current rate, we are in for a big correction.  The immigrant bubble is about to burst.  Too many highly educated people are oblivious to this.

It seems that this idea is based in fear and misunderstanding which I will NOT give in to.

It’s far from misunderstanding.  It’s a very clear understanding and for the reasons I have already touched on.  Immigration always presents a clear and present danger and must be managed.  So far we have been lucky.  Of course it is based in fear, based in legitimate fear and concern.  If you have too many immigrates, you will lose your country.  I can’t say that any simpler.  This is not anti-Immigrant.  Controlling immigration not only protects the American citizen is also protects the immigrant so that they will have a nation to immigrate to.  With your stance, you are giving into ignorance.

It is too easy to let fear and misunderstanding cloud one's judgement.

And your judgment is clouded because you don’t understand the situation.  And because of that, you can’t see the reason for fear.  That is dangerous.  Nature provides the fight or flight mechanism and you are basically ignoring that.  It’s there for a purpose and it works well.  You’re getting too close to the stove.

These are by and large human beings seeking a better life for themselves and their children.

And?  If they want a better life, then make a stand in their own country and change things for the better there just like our Founding Fathers did.  Immigration has nothing to do with human beings but with their sensibilities.  If they are not willing to turn their back on their old sensibilities and accept ours then they are only bringing over the problems they are running away from.  With all your education and you can’t see that.

I refuse to marginalize and stomp on them, that NEVER works out well and those that perpetuate that mindset are continuously proven to be wrong again and again throughout history.

And you are totally wrong.  First of all, limiting the number of immigrants isn’t marginalizing them.  It is the immigrant that must obey our laws.  It is their duty to assimilate.  If they can’t do that then they don’t belong here.  We’re now averaging about 1 million legal immigrants a year.  Their first and primary job is to assimilate.  Now you throw in at least 11 million illegals.  Where’s the expectation to assimilate?  The illegal has no expectation to assimilate and where does that place the 1 out of 12 (legal immigrant) to assimilate?  Before long, you end up with no-go enclaves like you see in Europe.  But in Europe they are seeing something more than being overrun with immigration, they are witnessing a Hijrah.

Illegal immigration was dropping before Trump took office while Obama was still POTUS, without a wall, and without the hateful rhetoric. Never treat people as just problems to be disposed of, that NEVER has ever worked out well.

Yet crime from illegals is increasing.  Like I had said before, it isn’t necessarily about the numbers.  It’s what the numbers of poor illegals bring with them.  Numbers may be going down because there are probably more than 11 million here and after a while they no longer get counted.  I’ll wager that 1% of our population is illegal.  They are stealing resources from my children.  Is that fair?  The only ones being marginalized are the American citizen.  That’s just not right.  Obama and then Hilary treated the American citizen as a problem (deplorable) to be disposed of.  So I guess you are right that that didn’t work out well.

I've never had an issue with Einstein outside of general disagreement but now we've seen some true colors shining through doubling down several times with heavy doses of hubris and the stench of elitism. I see you in a whole new light and it's dim. What a shame.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Speaking of education, here lately I've been noticing how many people have college degrees but appear to be very ignorant outside their specific discipline. Way back in ancient times (aka the 1970s) students were required to study various academic areas, not so much these days. I was a science major but I was still required to study literature, history, language, mathematics. Nowadays the notion of being versed in various disciplines appears to have fallen by the wayside. One can now be educated but highly ignorant outside of their chosen field of study.

From time to time you will see interviews with criminals and they always seem to indicate that the more education someone has, the easier they are to be conned.  You seemed to have provided one explanation as to why.

1 hour ago, Einsteinium said:

This just does not line up with my experience with both these levels of education. I have met blue collar workers who are brilliant and I have met professionals with degrees who are morons, but that is not the norm. The norm is that the more objective education you have EARNED through your blood sweat and tears the larger your worldview and the better your comprehension of bigger issues. I don't have a grudge against blue collar workers, I used to be one myself, but people who have earned degrees and sacrificed to make it happen do on average have more well rounded and thoughtful opinions on bigger issues because of that education, or perhaps not because of the education itself, but because whatever it took to motivate them to get through college and make that sacrifice makes them simply think bigger. Again, they earned that, it was not handed to them. There certainly are blue collar workers who have that mindset and choose not to go to college, but again that is not the average that I have encountered in my time on this rock we call earth.

You will always have some bad apples.

What does your page read

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump

36 minutes ago, Lilly said:

My grandfather didn't even have a high school diploma. He was one of the smartest people I've ever known due to being a prolific reader. Self education is indeed possible.

Not to mention totally useless degrees. If they were so smart, they would have considered the market for their chosen profession before investing so much time and money.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

I support PhDs (some are literally rocket scientists) as well as those that don’t have a degree at a national lab in the Southwest.  I only have a bachelors and I’ve been working in the field for so long that it’s not worth the paper it’s printed on.  But it’s almost split down the middle in support.  Those that are anti-Trump relinquish their education and follow what the MSM spews out.  Those that support Trump understand his weaknesses and see how a non-politician is learning on the job and are impressed.  The Founding Fathers never wanted a professional politician to be President so if that is the criteria of being unfit, I see that as a compliment.  He knows what he’s doing and he’s got the MSM and the Establishment running around like cockroaches.  It is very entertaining seeing their safe places and comfort zones all blowup.  He is only dangerous to the Establishment and that is a win for the country.  The foreigners you talk to are probably globalists.  They’ve lost their ties to their nationality.

It’s those that are the heart and soul of this nation – GOD bless them all and Trump reaches them, the forgotten man.  That’s the kind of leadership that impresses me.  It is so vastly different to the Piped Piper leadership of someone like Obama.  I don’t suppose you can appreciate the difference?  One is a leader among the people and the other leads people to the slaughter.  Trump is a natural leader as opposed to the community hack.  People can sense the difference and that is why Trump could connect with the people and someone like Hilary couldn’t.  One of the biggest mistakes you could have made (and showing your elitist stance) is trying to equate education with awareness.  People that do not have degrees are hardly not highly informed.  The forgotten man isn’t some hillbilly from Appalachia.  In fact, I would suppose that many have degrees but are aware that getting a degree isn’t the key to life and that is what most of them seek.

Sorry, what??? Trump is learning on the job? As his boss said the other day " you are kidding?".

Trump does not learn. He runs America like it is his family business and he will run it into the ground as he did.

Seems like 100 days in office is not enough time to improve anything by his own words but it is time enough to make the great USA the laughing stock of the planet. DO YOU GUYS UNDERSTAND THAT EVEN THE RUSSIAN MEDIA LAUGHS AND JOKES ABOUT YOUR PRES? C'mon people. Are you guys on drugs or something? 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Is that fair?  That’s just not right. 

The anti-Brown policy ideas and world view clipped for brevity....

"It's not fair!" my niece said.   We told her the world's not fair and gave her examples of other little girls who have it a lot worse off than she does.    She'll be good until she's old enough to listen to mainstream media pundits monger over brown people born on the wrong side of an invisible line drawn by govt, then when she hears about how they cheat the system and make her pay for it, she'll be another average joe American consumer - if she believes it.

Who decides who lives here should be the American citizen.  Ergo, if a citizen brings an "illegal" from Mexico in and marries her, that's his business.   What kind of a society are we?   One of individual rights, or assimilating a collective's rights?   How many times have you said "assimilate" recently?    It's adding up fast.

At the very least this issue should belong to the 50 states and territories.  It's Texas's business to figure out who lives in Texas, and so forth.   The media and certain characters in the govt who talk about the immigrants more than the borders?   They should mind their own.  Stop flapping and secure the border - the end.

Immigration has nothing to do with human beings

There's the real problem right there.   You'll dehumanize anything for the power and glory of the State.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, odas said:

Sorry, what??? Trump is learning on the job? As his boss said the other day " you are kidding?".

Trump does not learn. He runs America like it is his family business and he will run it into the ground as he did.

Seems like 100 days in office is not enough time to improve anything by his own words but it is time enough to make the great USA the laughing stock of the planet. DO YOU GUYS UNDERSTAND THAT EVEN THE RUSSIAN MEDIA LAUGHS AND JOKES ABOUT YOUR PRES? C'mon people. Are you guys on drugs or something? 

Yes...they laugh at the liberal, progressive media's claims about the Trump/Putin collusion. 

So do we...

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, odas said:

Trump hasn't learned a thing about the job of POTUS. And you're right he does aspire to run America like his business. 

http://fortune.com/2016/10/27/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-business-management/

3 hours ago, aztek said:

how effective do you expect anyone in his shoes would be?

Lincoln managed to be man of integrity, a man of grace, and dignity even during the civil war period. Why should we expect anything less from a modern president in even less trying times? What a joke.

22 minutes ago, Michelle said:

If they were so smart, they would have considered the market for their chosen profession before investing so much time and money.

I did exactly this and so did everyone I work with.

45 minutes ago, F3SS said:

I've never had an issue with Einstein outside of general disagreement but now we've seen some true colors shining through doubling down several times with heavy doses of hubris and the stench of elitism. I see you in a whole new light and it's dim. What a shame.

+1   That little screed near took my breath away.  I've been acutely aware since I came to UM that there were a LOT of intelligent people on this site but that's the first time I've ever been read a CV  :w00t:  When Hacktorp responded, I thought maybe there was an open position that needed filling at UM.  :P

• Like 2

... and that's how the cookie crumbles folks ...

~

[00.02:19]

~

4 minutes ago, Einsteinium said:

I did exactly this and so did everyone I work with.

So many don't though. That's why we have an abundance of college educated baristas.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Sorry you feel that way about me, but I feel that way about Trump, and I see him bringing out the worse in everyone, sowing hatred and division among us. That is not good leadership.

• Like 2

Funny, I see the hatred and division coming from the far left (Antifa, BAMN, MoveOn, BlackLivesMatter, and all those Social Justice Warriors).

• Like 6