Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump fires FBI Director Comey

thedutchiedutch

26 minutes ago, odas said:

Sorry, what??? Trump is learning on the job? As his boss said the other day " you are kidding?".

Trump does not learn. He runs America like it is his family business and he will run it into the ground as he did.

Seems like 100 days in office is not enough time to improve anything by his own words but it is time enough to make the great USA the laughing stock of the planet. DO YOU GUYS UNDERSTAND THAT EVEN THE RUSSIAN MEDIA LAUGHS AND JOKES ABOUT YOUR PRES? C'mon people. Are you guys on drugs or something? 

Oh, we understand, Odas.  We just don't CARE what they think.  Why should we?  Rude, snobbish people have a right to their opinion as well :tu:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Actually, Lincoln was a very controversial President (during his own time): https://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/03/25/was-lincoln-a-tyrant/?_r=0

I did not say he wasn't controversial, and the times he was living in were far worse times than now.

5 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Funny, I see the hatred and division coming from the far left (Antifa, BAMN, MoveOn, BlackLivesMatter, and all those Social Justice Warriors).

And what is the current administration doing to mitigate these groups? Nothing, they are fanning the flames and giving these groups plenty of fuel for the fire.

7 minutes ago, Einsteinium said:

Sorry you feel that way about me, but I feel that way about Trump, and I see him bringing out the worse in everyone, sowing hatred and division among us. That is not good leadership.

No man I don't care what you think of Trump. My post was about your ill conceived view of the working class. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Lilly said:

Since there are so many verifiable geniuses hereabouts, I would have thought everyone would have read the applicable UM rules:

5c. Personal scrutiny: Do not attack or scrutinise another member's intelligence, mental status or personal/educational background.

5f. Balanced debate: Do not make posts forbidding opposing viewpoints or make derogatory personal observations designed to dismiss or belittle another member's opinion ( such as accusing them of being mentally ill or being paid to post. ) All sides of a debate should be represented.

I knew when posting my comments to Einsteinium I was breaking forum rules, but I went ahead and did it anyway.

My apologies to you Lilly.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, F3SS said:

No man I don't care what you think of Trump. My post was about your ill conceived view of the working class. 

Hmm, I must have once again wrote too fast and not considered how I was coming across. I am part of the working class, just white collar. I used to work carpentry and assembly line work for a few years before I decided that type of work was not for me and put myself through college. Working in the blue collar line of work and then transitioning into white collar work was very eye opening for me. I have had the privelige of being a part of both classes and seeing the pros and cons of each. Of course, my experience was limited in terms of diversity and geographic location, but that is what I have to go from. The blue collar workers I engaged with during assembly line work were not all that bright, many of them would go outside and get stoned on break and come back to work in that state. I have never seen white collar workers do that, though I am sure some do of course. The blue collar workers I worked with in carpentry were very smart, and they were professional carpenters who owned their own carpentry business. 

Before that I worked at Wal Mart, a restaurant, and Mcdonalds. I have been able to experience a wide variety of employment and interact with a wide variety of people relative to the region I was living in. My opinions are formed from those experiences as much as they are my education and white collar experiences.

Edited by Einsteinium

11 minutes ago, Einsteinium said:

And what is the current administration doing to mitigate these groups? Nothing, they are fanning the flames and giving these groups plenty of fuel for the fire.

After the past eight years of Obama I haven't seen a cultural division like this since the 60's. What does that say about him?

He had a unique opportunity in American history and he blew it.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 8

6 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

I knew when posting my comments to Einsteinium I was breaking forum rules, but I went ahead and did it anyway.

My apologies to you Lilly.

No problem. Knowing ones own shortcomings is the key to enlightenment.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Michelle said:

After the past eight years of Obama I haven't seen a cultural division like this since the 60's. What does that say about him?

That he failed to speak effectively to large groups of Americans. Many people saw him as almost a foreigner, with a funny name, someone they could not relate to. A small minority viewed him with racist eyes and declared he must not have been born here in America, given his funny name and dark skin. Trump was one of those people and fanned those flames.

Obama was held to a different standard by Trump supporters than they hold Trump to now. Obama could do no wrong in the eyes of some which was wrong, like his nobel peace prize which was entirely undeserved and a blight on the award and the history behind it. I did not support him receiving that, and I did not support a great many of the things Obama did, but Trump is now president, and his rhetoric is highly divisive and has been at least ever since his whole BS 'birther' stuff that he rode to political relevance.

• Like 2

IMO President Obama was a globalist left wing elitist who served to divide the country more than any other President in recent history (and I can personally recall Presidents since Kennedy).

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Lilly said:

IMO President Obama was a globalist left wing elitist who served to divide the country more than any other President in recent history (and I can personally recall Presidents since Kennedy).

I can see why you think that, but I don't agree with you fully and that is okay. I respect your opinion even though I disagree with it.

Here is an interesting article:

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/05/12/does-donald-trump-want-to-be-president.html

"Bellwether wonders whether Trump actually plans to stay in office for four years. Could he be considering a shorter stay in the White House, passing the baton to the widely respected Vice President Mike Pence? Might Trump feel that if and when he achieves his major goals – tighter borders, lower taxes, more American-made goods – he can declare victory and return to his successful career in the private sector?"

IMO President Trump is also divisive...but for entirely different reasons. From what I see Trump wants a return to the rule of law, especially when it comes to illegal immigration and criminal activity within US borders. This will not make him popular with many people, but I do think these issues need to be addressed.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Einsteinium said:

That he failed to speak effectively to large groups of Americans. Many people saw him as almost a foreigner, with a funny name, someone they could not relate to.

Ya think? A large portion of the population decided to give him a chance, regardless of race and the "funny sounding name"...twice.

Now look where we are. He did very little for blacks, they feel even more abandoned and resentful. Thank you, Obama.

• Like 2

Just now, Michelle said:

Ya think? A large portion of the population decided to give him a chance, regardless of race and the "funny sounding name"...twice.

Now look where we are. He did very little for blacks, they feel even more abandoned and resentful. Thank you, Obama.

Thing is is that Trump is doing even worse in terms of being divisive and not reaching large groups of people, yet people gave him a chance anyways.

I think that the American people are ultimately to blame for both Obama and Trump, we are too quick to blame immigrants, elites, the media, etc. when ultimately we control our own destiny. The state of things is ultimately our doing, and only we can fix it. A great leader would inspire us to do so, not claim that he alone is the only one who can fix things.

1 minute ago, Lilly said:

IMO President Trump is also divisive...but for entirely different reasons. From what I see Trump wants a return to the rule of law, especially when it comes to illegal immigration and criminal activity within US borders. This will not make him popular with many people, but I do think these issues need to be addressed.

Rule of law? Trump just obstructed a criminal investigation. 

• Like 1

On ‎2017‎-‎05‎-‎09 at 6:15 PM, The Silver Thong said:

Not sure I trust the source, however Comey is shifty and I wouldn`t trust him.

You thought it was fake news at first ?

6 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

I don't think Trump cares for the law very much. His business career shows that he frequenly would break the law and his strategy was to counter-sue the govt and make the govt. wast millions of dollars of taxpayer money to go after him.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Obama served to divide the country ? If that is the case Trump is outdoing him big time in my opinion or am I missing something here. The irony lol 

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, and then said:

Oh, we understand, Odas.  We just don't CARE what they think.  Why should we?  Rude, snobbish people have a right to their opinion as well :tu:

That is why I support your right.

I am still laughing about "learning on the job". The suposingly most powefull man is learning on the job? Ha. Well if you all are fine with that then next time if you build a house hire someone who learns on the job. Or if you need a vasectomy or heart surgery hire a surgen who learns on the job.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, thedutchiedutch said:

Obama served to divide the country ? If that is the case Trump is outdoing him big time in my opinion or am I missing something here. The irony lol 

Uh...I posted that Trump is divisive as well (just for different reasons). The real irony is that you didn't notice that post.

1 minute ago, odas said:

I am still laughing about "learning on the job"

Many of these same people were blasting Obama for being 'too inexperienced' to be POTUS, and then they turn right around and view Trumps inexperience as somehow being an asset.

Oh the hypocrisy, mind blowing.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

The acting FBI director testified that the investigation is continuing. How is that obstruction?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, .ZZ. said:

The acting FBI director testified that the investigation is continuing. How is that obstruction?

Link?

3 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Link?

"You cannot stop the men and women of the FBI from doing the right thing." -Andrew McCabe, acting director, Federal Bureau of Investigation

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/11/acting-fbi-director-mccabe-backs-up-trump-on-request-for-resources.html

• Like 4