Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mystery object filmed at Loch Ness

Still Waters

After more than eight months without a sighting, the Loch Ness Monster appears to be back with a bang.

Rob Jones, 35, from North Wales, filmed this footage on Sunday, of a mysterious shape moving across the loch.

http://www.scotsman.com/regions/inverness-highlands-islands/video-does-this-prove-the-loch-ness-monster-is-real-1-4441401

• Like 2

Interesting. It should be possible to find the boat and ask the person standing near the bow what he saw. Of course, if it was Nessie and he got pictures, we won't hear anything until he's got the rights sewn up!

• Like 2

Tourist Season is about to start, and Nessie puts in an appearance right on cue.....

• Like 5

So the obvious question is what did the people in the boat see

• Like 5

photos from anyone on the boat would be good.

also curious as to why the boat did not slow down to getting a better view? or why the person on the boat did not walk round once they went passed the 'thing', he stayed on the far side so unable to see it any further but yet failed to move...

• Like 3

Looks like a wooden cut out on a remote control toy, it does not move around. Pathetic attempt

• Like 1

Ive owned a boat, similar to the one in the vid.... Id say the boat is at least a 20 footer, not a lot more IMO.... so whatever it is.... is rather small

• Like 3

If there was a giant ancient monster legend swimming across the loch in this video, I would expect to see a MUCH different reaction from the boar. Like, stopping? Speeding up to get away from a dinosaur? Turning around and chasing?

• Like 1

I don't think it is even an attempt at a hoax, just a piece of floating debris that happens to have a bit sticking up. The person on the boat could probably see that is all it was, hence the lack of reaction.

• Like 4

Definitely it's a cardboard cutout attached to a log. "Real" Nessie's been hiding for too long, so someone's decided to fake one to reignite the public interest.

By the way, I've been picturing a river here in the Krasnoyarsk region recently and got some really weird ripples on the water in one of the frames. I guess a monster lives there. ;) I think it's worthy of making a separate thread, although I absolutely don't believe some fancy monster lives there.

Edited by Chaldon

If it's Nessie, then Nessie clearly isn't bothered by motor boats passing close by .....

Hard to say exactly what it is, but it's an inanimate object of some sort.

• Like 5

Obviously, it's David Blaine walking on the water. Nothing special.

That looked like a log floater with a branch sticking up. From the tour boat it must have been obvious what it was. Otherwise it would have responded in some way to it. Also a tour boat should be full of TOURists with cameras and the web would be flooded with their photos.

• Like 3

The boat as seeder said is only about 20ft tops, if you download the screen shot in the article  and zoom in on the "monster"it looks suspiciously like a Canada goose you can even just make out a white breast 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Mr.United_Nations said:

It has been known deer have swam across

I like this theory, I hadn't thought of it. Looking at the vid again I'd say it about fits. Also curious why the people on the boat showed little or no reaction.

• Like 4

It was moving in a straight line  no movement to "head" or "neck" 

A remote controlled model.

• Like 1

It is very interesting actually, not from a Monster viewpoint but because of what the logic is behind it. Clearly its nothing of interest and yet the approximate size of it sticking out is far larger than you believe because there is a man walking around on deck that appears to be similar size or even shorter than the object, which suggests the visible part of it is in excess of 5 foot tall and bound to excite suspicious people who see a tall thin object stick 5+ feet out of the water.
If the object is approximately 5ft or greater, that suggests something even large under the water to hold it up and buoyant in that position, so it seems a rather large object whatever it is.
However, the fact the person on the boat makes no attempt to study it closely, or even have the boat slow down at all to investigate it suggests it was clear what it was to them.
It is just intriguing what could be that big and yet not seem to bother the curiosity of a boat passing it. It must have just been a large part of a tree trunk with a very large branch on it sticking up. It seems too big to be a cardboard cutout or other similar thing suggested, and if it WERE a cutout, I would suggest the boat driver would have wanted to slow down at least, if not move nearer it to investigate it, even if just out of curiosity and something to laugh over during a beer that night.

Anything big swimming across the water and with a body underneath paddling along would leave a  bigger water trail, note there is no big water trail....there is hardly one at all.. It is also not as big as one might think, half of it is the reflection on the water. This could well be a bird or even a small deer.....hence no big "monster" water trail. Notice at 1.03 you see the reflection in the water and it is more prominent than what is making it.

The boaters are not concerned and it seems the person taking the video was not either as there is no zooming in and they do not even bother to see where it goes as it approaches the branches - at least move along and find out what happens to it - but there was no need.

This is another  person taking a video of nothing and thinking, "hmmmm...maybe i can pass this off a nessy. now I have watched it again". =wroooong.

• Like 3

I had a minute and blew this up on a 21 inch monitor. This is clearly a man-made object. Probably, as someone pointed out before, under some sort of RC control. Something to amuse the tourists I suppose.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Calibeliever said:

I had a minute and blew this up on a 21 inch monitor. This is clearly a man-made object. Probably, as someone pointed out before, under some sort of RC control. Something to amuse the tourists I suppose.

And they would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for those meddling kids!

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Calibeliever said:

I saw a program a fews years ago when some experts made a prosthetic"monster"to scale fitted it it with remotes and discretely swam it above and below ness when the tourist boats were all out on the loch

• Like 2

Fake%2BMonster%2BUrquhart%2BBay.jpg

One other possibility is that someone is playing games (or experiments) here as we noted in our previous article the curious picture that turned up on the same day in the same area of Urquhart Bay. Watch this space I guess.

http://lochnessmystery.blogspot.com.au/2017/05/yet-more-nessie-images.html

• Like 4