Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How to reduce your gas and electric bill

The Silver Thong

Just today I got a call from my gas and electric company ( Just Energy) because I was 130.00 behind in payment. So I paid it and said my rates are way to high. I need you guys to lower them Or I will have to start shopping around. I was actually amazed the lady I was talking to talked to her manager and came back and said we can lower them for you. I asked by how much and she said almost 50 percent. I was a bit taken back by that and then asked, so you have been ripping me off for how long now. She was all like no sir the markets change all the time like I didn`t know that. But we have now adjusted your rates and will appear on your next bill. I said thank you she said no problem.

True story no fib. All you have to do is ask. Not sure if this is possible in all of Canada or the States but damn give it a try. Hope this tip helps. Just ask

• Like 3

Next is my cable  and internet bill <_< I have 400 channels I never watch :wacko:

• Like 1

I shall try that next month!   Thanks for the heads up! :)  

1 minute ago, tcgram said:

I shall try that next month!   Thanks for the heads up! :)  

It worked on my Visa bill as well. I called and said 18 percent is way to high and I will have to cancel my card if you can`t do better. I got it down to 7.5 percent.  We are getting robbed and we don`t even know it. I never thought that with a bit of attitude lol you could do this, but do it. I`m the one one you don`t want calling you ;) my next target is Telus, My cable company. You have to sound a little p***ed off though and ask for a manager if needed. Trust me, im a really nice guy till im not lol

Good to hear from again TC

• Like 4

Good to see you back on UM! :) 

26 minutes ago, tcgram said:

Good to see you back on UM! :) 

My ex got a bit mad at me for being on UM so much. What she did not know is that I was here so I didn`t have to listen to her lol

• Like 2

Uh oh.   LOL     

LOL.

I live in Seattle and tried that with my electric bill last month. They told me I should let my living room turn into an ice rink during the winter, and pay up and bug off lady!

Yay privatized monopoly utilities.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MissMelsWell said:

LOL.

I live in Seattle and tried that with my electric bill last month. They told me I should let my living room turn into an ice rink during the winter, and pay up and bug off lady!

Yay privatized monopoly utilities.

Well that suck`s here I have about 4 or 5 companys to pick from. What get`s most people is they lock into a contract as did I, but I renegotiated it. I had to be a bit rude or stern but I did it. But with only one provider I guess they have you by the short and curleys.

Edited by The Silver Thong

• 2 weeks later...

Here in ny the power company has a budget for people so my bill is like 200 a month give or take some people pay lots more

Doesn't work in BC, I can confirm this. The only electricity company there is is BC Hydro, so they've got us by the balls. Definitely works with cellphones, creditcards, and other things, though.