Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Weiner going to jail

Merc14

Disgraced democrat Anthony Weiner pleads guilty and will serve time in federal prison for "sexting" to a minor , a 14/15 year old girl he asked to film herself naked and do lude acts.  He will do between 21 and 27 months in jail.   Adding insult to injury, his wife Huma Abedin, filed for divorce shortly after the plea deal was announced.   http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ex-us-congressman-weiner-pleads-guilty-in-teen-sexting-case/ar-BBBj9QG?OCID=ansmsnnews11

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

He will do between 21 and 27 months in jail.

???

Wow ... that's pretty lenient considering the age of the minor involved ...

~

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

Disgraced democrat Anthony Weiner pleads guilty and will serve time in federal prison for "sexting" to a minor , a 14/15 year old girl he asked to film herself naked and do lude acts.  He will do between 21 and 27 months in jail.   Adding insult to injury, his wife Huma Abedin, filed for divorce shortly after the plea deal was announced.   http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ex-us-congressman-weiner-pleads-guilty-in-teen-sexting-case/ar-BBBj9QG?OCID=ansmsnnews11

What do you want to bet Huma goes back to him after he serves his time in the stir?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, third_eye said:

???

Wow ... that's pretty lenient considering the age of the minor involved ...

~

One rule for the Elite and all that.

• Like 6

Just now, A rather obscure Bassoon said:

That's just deplorably sickening and stomach churning ...

... over here this side of the Globe he'd get at least 8 to 10 years with No Possibility of Probation Minimum (if not worse)

~

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, third_eye said:

... over here this side of the Globe he'd get at least 8 to 10 years with No Possibility of Probation Minimum (if not worse)

~

If it had been Joe Blow on the street in the US they probably would have thrown the key away.

Edited by A rather obscure Bassoon
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, A rather obscure Bassoon said:

With his connections to the Clinton crime family too. I'm surprised he got that sentence.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

With his connections to the Clinton crime family too. I'm surprised he got that sentence.

He will get a cushy ride in a low security jail somewhere and get out early on parole.Probably part of a plea bargain deal.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, third_eye said:

~

From the article:

The charge of transferring obscene material to a minor carries a maximum sentence of 10 years in prison, but Weiner is likely to get less. As part of his plea agreement, federal prosecutors said they would consider a term between 21 months and 27 months "fair and appropriate." U.S. District Judge Denise Cote will determine Weiner's punishment at his sentencing on Sept. 8.

Not sure why he got off so lightly, especially since he is a "repeat offender", although the other women he was sexting with before were adults as far as I know.  The judge could give him a longer sentence but he would then be able to appeal, if the sentence is between 21-27 month he has waived his right to appeal.

5 minutes ago, A rather obscure Bassoon said:

He will get a cushy ride in a low security jail somewhere and get out early on parole.Probably part of a plea bargain deal.

yes it was a plea deal and he had to stand and admit he was wrong, knew what he was doing, did commit the crime, etc.  Supposedly he had said the girl made it all up, had withdrawn the charges but the prosecutors were after him of some such thing hence the stand here and admit it all happened and you are a scumbag bit.  I'll try and find that link again.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 3

Just now, A rather obscure Bassoon said:

Complete with cable TV and WiFi in his cell I'm guessing. That guy is incorrigible.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

Not sure why he got off so lightly, especially since he is a "repeat offender",

Yup ... max of 10 sounds barely adequate but then again that's the full extent of the Law ... ho humm and all that ~

IMO he got off easy because of things he knows. Does anyone believe he didn't read all those things that just happened to be on his laptop?

1 hour ago, .ZZ. said:

Complete with cable TV and WiFi in his cell I'm guessing. That guy is incorrigible.

Yeah but he will be rehabilitated, be a model prisoner, will read the bible everyday,  will drop his soap fot the governor and.........wait for it..........

will do it again when he gets out.

All those involved in his ridiculous sentencing, should be locked up too.

• Like 6

I wonder if a screening of "Sausage Party" is mandatory in prep for serving his time.

Federal prison is generally well run so he doesn't have to worry much about getting shanked I think.

Biggest damage is to his reputation which is disgraced, political career is over, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him as a guest on sleazy talk shows or something when he gets out.

With a name like Weiner I'm sure he'll be a prison favorite.

• Like 6

I'm disappointed that there is not an actual weiner being sent to prison. There was a hilarious picture of a hotdog being taken away in handcuffs in my mind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Future ghost said:

With a name like Weiner I'm sure he'll be a prison favorite.

Carlos Danger FG, at least that was the perverts nick name when texting his junk to women.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WoIverine said:

Guy needs some serious therapy.

Yeah, he acts sleazy, no doubt, and if it had been my daughter, he'd have been happy to be protected jailed for a couple of years.  But let's face it, no mentally sound individual throws away a marriage, fatherhood and his life's work for sexual gratification.  Dude has a screw loose.  And just think - had he not been caught the second time, he'd be the MAYOR of NYC!  You can't make this stuff up :w00t:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

Carlos Danger FG, at least that was the perverts nick name when texting his junk to women.  

My guess is he'll be well protected from types like HIM when he's serving his time-out.

• Like 1

Just now, Merc14 said:

Sounds like a comic book super hero. Very cheesy. I can kind of understand young girls falling for that---but adult women? That alias alone should have been enough to tip off any sane woman as to what a sleaze bag this guy is, well before even seeing "junk".

Im shocked he didnt turn over any dirt and his wife and Hillary, i guess he dont wanna end up dead, but  i  bet he will die in jail  anyways some crazy thing will happen 

Edited by coolguy

12 minutes ago, coolguy said:

Im shocked he didnt turn over any dirt and his wife and Hillary, i guess he dont wanna end up dead, but  i  bet he will die in jail  anyways some crazy thing will happen 

Weiner was his own worst enemy.  I don't think he had any dirt otherwise.  I think it was just some sort of compulsion or something like that -- who knows when it comes to sexual behavior.  He should have pleaded insanity.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

I'm disappointed that there is not an actual weiner being sent to prison.

9dc1fb236b3b9679243f97d16db3888b.jpg

• Like 5