Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Explosions in Manchester

Torchwood

I think you all pretty much have said what needed to be said for right now. I'm just sick, disgusted, hurting, and feeling with my heart for the victims and loved ones of this. I'm just deeply impacted by this, and hope we stop this. 

But still.................  over 50 hurt, 

and 19 dead.................. :(  :angry: 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

I think you all pretty much have said what needed to be said for right now. I'm just sick, disgusted, hurting, and feeling with my heart for the victims and loved ones of this. I'm just deeply impacted by this, and hope we stop this. 

But still.................  over 50 hurt, 

and 19 dead.................. :(  :angry: 

No amount of rhetoric will suffice.

27 minutes ago, glorybebe said:

Bloody cowards going after children.  If they were such big bad terrorists, why do they go after the soldiers?  It just makes me sick.

Because they want to scare the civilized world into a perpetual state of fear and eventually into submission. On the other hand some want conflict. They want the big fight. They realize the moral conflict we have with that since that fight will have to take place in our own streets. We know that not all Muslims are terrorists or sympathizers but if they provoke us into an internal battle good Muslims will fall alongside the scum and that's a win for them because they will use that as bait to further the us against them mentality. It's ultimately a loss for everybody and I, like everyone else, have no solution outside of extreme profiling. Actually I do have a partial solution. Bring every single person who finds themselves on a terrorists watchlist in for some serious questioning at the very least. I'll bet whoever did this was known by authorities in some way already.

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 4

I suppose maybe they think grandiose things like that, but the reality is they are tiny ants and deep down they know it and this sort of thing is their only way of being important.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Trump is an idiot. I don't see how he's relevant to the conversation.

Maybe you're thinking of the attack near parliament?

The same could be said of you for being reactionary and not paying attention. My reply was entirely relevant to azteks post before it. That the mention of his name triggers you is what is irrelevant here. The fact is that there are reasons our president may require a briefing on foreign attacks and that's all I was saying.

Edited by F3SS
Changed "if" to "of"
  • Like 4

Just got home from work and this is the first time I'm hearing this. Just a horrific thing to happen to those young people who were just there to have a good time. I think it was Seeder who mentioned the blast occurred at the entrance and the security present. I remember during the attacks in Paris when the bomb went off at the soccer game, it was the same thing. The bomber couldn't get in because of the security searches. Thankful this didn't happen well into the crowd. My heart hurts for those kids and their parents. I always say what kind of a person does something like this and then I kind of feel glad that I don't understand how it is to be someone who can think like that. 

My deepest sympathy to the people of Manchester.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Frank Merton said:

I suppose maybe they think grandiose things like that, but the reality is they are tiny ants and deep down they know it and this sort of thing is their only way of being important.

I'd have to agree with that.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, glorybebe said:

Bloody cowards going after children.  If they were such big bad terrorists, why do they go after the soldiers?  It just makes me sick.

that is exactly why. to terrorize you

btw night club bombings are not unusual in israel.

Edited by aztek

4 minutes ago, Frank Merton said:

Yes, some lone idiot did this with a couple of pressure cooker bombs probably and ISIS or Al Queda will wave a flag because of it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, aztek said:

that is exactly why. to terrorize you

It's impossible not to feel that way though. 

• Like 2

I just turned on FOX news and they are talking about the security guard who stopped that bomber from getting into the venue. He did stop this from happening well into the crowd. I'm happy to hear them giving credit where it's due. I complain about going through some sort of security myself, but they are vital in assisting the public from being easy prey.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Yes, some lone idiot did this with a couple of pressure cooker bombs probably and ISIS or Al Queda will wave a flag because of it.

That's why it's so hard to fight this. You never know who's who or where they're at. At least we don't seem to. It reminds me of a worldwide version of that short lived show The Following with Kevin Bacon. One guy led a death cult of random followers from everywhere and anywhere and even when the leader was taken out his believers were still doing his bidding.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, susieice said:

I just turned on FOX news and they are talking about the security guard who stopped that bomber from getting into the venue. He did stop this from happening well into the crowd. I'm happy to hear them giving credit where it's due. I complain about going through some sort of security myself, but they are vital in assisting the public from being easy prey.

Had he made it onto the main floor the results would be unimaginable.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, F3SS said:

it is possible, just ask Israelis, they do not feel that way, last time i was there, i have not seen a single person who is afraid of them or felt  terrorized, i've  only been to Haifa and tel aviv, but i have a feeling the rest of the country feels same way. 

Edited by aztek

3 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Step back for a moment..

Have you been terrorized, or angered?

Just now, Likely Guy said:

Step back for a moment..

I have to admit, I'm angered whenever something like this happens. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, susieice said:

I have to admit, I'm angered whenever something like this happens. 

Then never live your life differently. Once you do, they win.

Be angry, as angry as hell. Don't let them change you.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, aztek said:

it is possible, just ask Israelis, they do not feel that way anymore, last time i was there, i have not seen a single person who is afraid of them or felt  terrorized, i've  only been to Haifa and tel aviv, but i have a feeling the rest of the country feels same way. 

1 minute ago, Likely Guy said:

Step back for a moment..

One reply would fit both here. Being sickened, angered or even terrorized is not the same as losing hope or giving up.  Believe me the Israelis are sickened and angered if they are human. They have been terrorized too. That doesn't mean they are always afraid or living in fear or else they'd be a Muslim country already. They just have their defenses up as they should and as we all should. Until there's a major offensive action taken to eliminate this threat, however that may go down, keeping our defenses up is all we can do. They haven't ground our capitalistic western way of life to a halt by any means in any country. We still go out and for the most part don't look scared. Becoming increasingly pssed off though? Yea that's happening.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, F3SS said:

One reply would fit both here. Being sickened, angered or even terrorized is not the same as losing hope or giving up.  Believe me the Israelis are sickened and angered if they are human. They have been terrorized too. That doesn't mean they are always afraid or living in fear or else they'd be a Muslim country already. They just have their defenses up as they should and as we all should. Until there's a major offensive action taken to eliminate this threat, however that may go down, keeping our defenses up is all we can do. They haven't ground our capitalistic western way of life to a halt by any means in any country. We still go out and for the most part don't look scared. Becoming increasingly pssed off though? Yea that's happening.

That's a completely reasonable response.

Now. What what question did you just pose?

Israelis? Muslims are the enemy?

2 minutes ago, F3SS said:

what i meant was, they may be sick and angry, but they are not afraid, in nyc i see plenty of scared people,  when i took train to work, all it took to scare half the people to death was a loud bang. 

• Like 1

FOX just said Ariana Grande has canceled the rest of her tour. I can't imagine how that poor kid feels. I've never heard of her, but I'm old. I guess she's American.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, susieice said:

FOX just said Ariana Grande has canceled the rest of her tour. I can't imagine how that poor kid feels. I've never heard of her, but I'm old. I guess she's American.

If you're tough and p***ed off though, you keep calm and carry on.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 1

I just can't get over this idiot targeting young people like that. The news said some as young as 6. This Ariana doesn't sound too old herself. The process of identification of the deceased is starting and I'm really gonna be upset when that is released. :angry:

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, susieice said:

I just can't get over this idiot targeting young people like that. The news said some as young as 6. This Ariana doesn't sound too old herself. The process of identification of the deceased is starting and I'm really gonna be upset when that is released. :angry:

Be angered, by all means. This was a heinous act.

• Like 2