Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Explosions in Manchester

Torchwood

17 minutes ago, aztek said:

i'm surprised you guys never heard of her, she is pretty famous here in nyc, she is often played on the radio here,  had gotten herself into donuts licking scandal, and has a drink named after her at starbucks.

All my grandkids live several states away so I don't hear them talk about her. I don't really watch the kind of shows the young do, so I have no idea who she is. 

FOX is showing continuous coverage. They said a lot of kids were taken in by local hotels for refuge because they couldn't find their parents. I hope everyone gets reunited soon. This has to be unreal hard on them. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, seeder said:

No they were simply targeteting pensioners....you know....the kind of age group who like to go to pop concerts

sarcasm...and get clued up before posting please

Sigh...I don't think it was so much sarcasm as it is you that should get clued up before you post.  Can't let this one go by.  The bomb evidently went off between Victoria Station and Manchester Arena.  The target could have been the station to shut it down and disrupt the morning commute (highly unlikely).  The target could have been the arena because *something* was going on there and it is the 4 year anniversary of the killing of Fusilier Lee Rigby in Woolwich (se London).  The target could have been the children.  When you want to hurt someone, you target their children.  Or it could be some other reason or some combination.  Did I really need to go into all of that or was that not obvious from the beginning?

There are bodies of little girls still laying out there and children scattered all over the city scared.  Parents are beside themselves.  It is going to take time to sort this out and identify the dead and find the living.  My salute to the city opening their homes and businesses to help lost children.  As soon as the site is cleaned up, memorials will rise quickly.  We Are Not Afraid England!

• Like 1

British authorities have confirmed the attacker died at the scene. They also said children are amongst the dead. The investigation is moving fast.

• Like 1

Death toll is now 22 according to CNN. 59 injured.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

Then never live your life differently. Once you do, they win.

Be angry, as angry as hell. Don't let them change you.

The Israelis have learned this lesson over decades.  They do their best to be vigilant and when they fail, they bury their dead and make the best judgment possible about where the retribution needs to fall.  

22 dead 59 injured. This is shocking ...again!!!

Please do not bring Trump into this. It has absolutely nothing to do with the radical  nutters which are free to walk our streets.

• Like 6

My first thoughts were with the children and their loved ones, this is a scenario out of a nightmare. :cry:

But then, I remembered... didn't I read some news last week...

Iraqi forces fight to break through ISIS’ last five defenses in Mosul
http://www.rudaw.net/english/middleeast/iraq/21052017

Jackpot! They are about to lose Mosul and are desperate for relevancy and cash. ¬_¬

• Like 1

All on the scene handled the situation very well because just the stampeding could have resulted in 100s of dead. 

• Like 2

In the end these sorts of crimes are acts of personal vengeance, which accomplish nothing but to further discredit the cause they stand for and arouse even more the antipathy and hatred of their enemies. The forces of the English speaking countries and much of the rest of the world stand, united, against them. They shall be utterly destroyed and their name spoken no more by the nations of man.

Edited by Hammerclaw

When we stop using drones to kill families at weddings this will stop happening.

When we care about their children as much as we care for ours, this will stop happening.

When we quit killing their kids for economic dominance (profit driven motive or put plainly greed) this will stop happening.

This will stop happening when we stop letting it happen to their children, but in my view those are my children too.

• Like 2

It will all stop happening sooner than later.

Edited by I hide behind words
  • Like 1

Frightening stuff, I was hoping, when I posted the op, that it was just some tragic accident. 

The Arena is (if you'll forgive the wording) a perfect target- after a gig there are thousands of kids leaving, heading for taxi ranks, trams, stations etc.   I was there to pick my wife up after an Olly Murs concert a few weeks ago; the streets are packed, and theres no security out there, just thousands of people moving too and fro.  Shes supposed to be going this Friday to see TakeThat...I suppose thats not happening,

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, I hide behind words said:

When we stop using drones to kill families at weddings this will stop happening.

When we care about their children as much as we care for ours, this will stop happening.

When we quit killing their kids for economic dominance (profit driven motive or put plainly greed) this will stop happening.

This will stop happening when we stop letting it happen to their children, but in my view those are my children too.

They are still going to attack us, whether what happens. We need to punish and if must be destory terrorists everywhere

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, keithisco said:

Stop giving succour and comfort to these ideologues!!

You cannot give credence or substantiation to these evil acts of violence wrought across this nation-you can NEVER,NEVER allow them justification for their warped beliefs:angry:

It sickens me that you cannot even bring yourself to express horror at this.

what he is saying that people who get bombed by Western powers feel the same they too don't need any of the ideals or beliefs of Western society 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, kartikg said:

what he is saying that people who get bombed by Western powers feel the same they too don't need any of the ideals or beliefs of Western society 

I don't need to be schooled in what "I hide behind words" (an apt Sig.) is saying; I fully comprehend what he is saying. How many terrorist Christians do you see living in other countries committing these kinds of acts? How many Yazidi or Coptic terrorist acts do you see despite their appalling murders? 

This is nothing to do with any "heroic" retribution for perceived wrongs, it is simply a continuation of a sickening self-belief in righteousness

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, keithisco said:

It sickens me that you cannot even bring yourself to express horror at this.

That is a mere social norm in my view.

Horror is felt for all children being killed, all life, even here where others call for revenge and payback, leading to more of that. Horror all around. No need to express it the way you demand either.

We all grieve and react differently. Unfortunately some do not grieve at all for their children too. 

That is the chief sin I see here. It is not for me to convict anyone's heart but I won't remain silent either on the greater theme.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, I hide behind words said:

That is a mere social norm in my view.

Horror is felt for all children being killed, all life, even here where others call for revenge and payback, leading to more of that. Horror all around. No need to express it the way you demand either.

We all grieve and react differently. Unfortunately some do not grieve at all for their children too. 

That is the chief sin I see here. It is not for me to convict anyone but I won't remain silent either.

No... this is not a social norm; to believe so shows a lack of moral compass. I have made no demands of you, I just find it incomprehensible that you can in any way justify this act-for that is precisely what you have done.  

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, keithisco said:

No... this is not a social norm; to believe so shows a lack of moral compass. I have made no demands of you, I just find it incomprehensible that you can in any way justify this act-for that is precisely what you have done.  

Well I am not the enemy. 

Those who support or remain silent when any children or civilian life is taken are the enemies. 

Have yet to see you post when our military kills their children...so...ok maybe you will grieve later for them in your own way.

Until then you and your own militaries are the enemies of yourselves as much as whoever else you claim are enemies.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, I hide behind words said:

Well I am not the enemy. 

Those who support or remain silent when any children or civilian life is taken is. Even their children.

Perhaps if you followed your own saying by Boethius ("si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses") then you would remain credible.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, keithisco said:

Perhaps if you followed your own saying by Boethius ("si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses") then you would remain credible.

Perhaps. 

That quote is not because it is my virture but a weakness of mine. So a reminder for me. And now that you have to remind me of it I will leave as you desire. 

20 minutes ago, keithisco said:

Some of the witnesses sat around the person have said the bomber was a woman, acting strange all night, and had a large bag with her that she kept looking inside off. Security were alerted but instead of searching her they just monitored her. Apparently the security guards had told the people reporting her 'how would you like it if someone accused you of being a terrorist' and ignored them.

The guards also didnt check people going in.

Edited by RabidMongoose

It's a judgment call and there are lots of ladies carrying bags around acting strangely.  I a sure the security people who made this mistake are very sorry and that it will hurt if not ruin their careers.  I'm not sure what point you are trying to make except security is a hard thing and cannot be guaranteed.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Frank Merton said:

It's a judgment call and there are lots of ladies carrying bags around acting strangely.  I a sure the security people who made this mistake are very sorry and that it will hurt if not ruin their careers.  I'm not sure what point you are trying to make except security is a hard thing and cannot be guaranteed.

Well seeing this is what people would do if they saw someone they thought might be a terrorist then its likely how security would be alerted to them. Its better to be safe than sorry. They should have at least had a chat with her as talking to them is usually all you need to establish if something is about to go down (they will be nervous, panic, might try to detonate themselves then and there, etc). You dont have to openly accuse them of being a terrorist.

In the UK to be a security guard you have to have been through your training to get your licence. And this has occurred against a backdrop of a high terrorist threat. It sounds like incompetence to me (or perhaps someone who dismissed it as racist audience members instead of doing their job properly).

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Like 1