Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Explosions in Manchester

Torchwood

7 minutes ago, Frank Merton said:

It's a judgment call and there are lots of ladies carrying bags around acting strangely.  I a sure the security people who made this mistake are very sorry and that it will hurt if not ruin their careers.  I'm not sure what point you are trying to make except security is a hard thing and cannot be guaranteed.

A few factoids.

It is an American security company. The Manchester Arena is also the largest indoor event space in Britian.

Unsure about there being any female actor involved.

@RabidMongoose do you have a link that the actor involved was a female? And about the security response.

It sounds like social media rumor mate. Partisan at that.

Edited by I hide behind words
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, I hide behind words said:

A few factoids.

It is an American security company. The Manchester Arena is also the largest indoor event space in Britian.

Unsure about there being any female actor involved.

@RabidMongoose do you have a link that the actor involved was a female? 

http://news.sky.com/watch-live its a live news feed, go back about 15 minutes. They had one of the people sat next to her talking on it.

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Like 1

Elections are on the 8th of June as well.

• Like 1

Just now, RabidMongoose said:

http://news.sky.com/watch-live its a live news feed, go back about 15 minutes.

Cannot go back but thank you, will take your word. Doubftul it was a beared man so a female makes sense.

1 minute ago, I hide behind words said:

Cannot go back but thank you, will take your word. Doubftul it was a beared man so a female makes sense.

It will be back around soon if you wait.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, I hide behind words said:

When we stop using drones to kill families at weddings this will stop happening.

When we care about their children as much as we care for ours, this will stop happening.

When we quit killing their kids for economic dominance (profit driven motive or put plainly greed) this will stop happening.

This will stop happening when we stop letting it happen to their children, but in my view those are my children too.

So it's our fault some prick decided to murder a bunch of kids?

.... you and the horse you rode in on. How about you lay the blame where it belongs solely at the door of the prick who made the bomb? We bemoan a society where people don't take responsibility for rtheir actions and there you go. Blaming others for one person's actions.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

So it's our fault some prick decided to murder a bunch of kids?

.... you and the horse you rode in on. How about you lay the blame where it belongs solely at the door of the prick who made the bomb? We bemoan a society where people don't take responsibility for rtheir actions and there you go. Blaming others for one person's actions.

Actually he is correct. We feed into Islamic Terrorism by aerial bombing them. We either need to do the job properly (invasion) or back off.

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Actually he is correct. We feed into Islamic Terrorism by aerial bombing them. We either need to do the job properly (invasion) or back off.

b******s.

that argument would excuse Stalin because the White Russians were pricks. 

That argument would excuse Hitler because he was gassed by the British in 1917.

that argument would excuse Kim Jong Un because the Americans invaded in the 50s.

**** that, the acts of the indivdual are always the choice of the individual. 

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, seanjo said:

Are you smiling when you type your bile?

Not posting on that thread. This might seem like the same thread for you, it is not for me.

If you notice the context of the mentioning of the elections was among a cluster of posts discussing the motives and tactics of this act.

Disruption of elections or an attack on our democracy is one motive. Is that better for you? 

Another is the summer season and the many summer events is just around the corner.

Edited by I hide behind words

I will give you a heads up on what might happen next, some Islamic preacher will create a big confusion by saying that the bomber he or she is not Muslim because they went to a music concert which is haram in Islam followed by discussion how music is allowed if it's in praise of Allah and the message of peace is given and how islam valued peace over everything else. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, I hide behind words said:

Perhaps. 

That quote is not because it is my virture but a weakness of mine. So a reminder for me. And now that you have to remind me of it I will leave as you desire. 

I have no desire for you to leave-that was not the import of my posts.

It is a weakness for all of us by the way.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, seanjo said:

We are bombing them because of an Islamic attack on 9/11...Islam has been the aggressor since it's inception, the crusades were a reaction to Islamic aggression against the Byzantine Empire and Christian countries around the Med, only in France were Islamic invaders finally turned back.

Spain IIRC, not France.

• Like 1

Just now, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Spain IIRC, not France.

France, Battle of Tours.

• Like 1

We do not yet know the motives for the attack-whilst highly reminiscent of other attacks it is by no means conclusive.

A woman acting strangely was twice reported to the security detail, and whilst they did observe her for a short period, they completely dismissed the second report.

It is now being reported as a male-but I think there is still too much contradictory information for any certainty of this.

Just now: the police say they believe they know the identity of the suspect.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RabidMongoose said:

http://news.sky.com/watch-live its a live news feed, go back about 15 minutes. They had one of the people sat next to her talking on it.

Police Chief on BBC TV news now....says it was a man

So do the tabloids

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, I hide behind words said:

France, Battle of Tours.

Spain-The Guerra de Granada was finally successful in 1492 with the Treaty of Granada handing sovereignty to Queen Isabella I of Castile and King Ferdinand II of Aragon.

• Like 1

I wonder if that second device...that the cops blew up in a controlled explosion, was actually another bomb or just something benign that looked suspicious....Ive had the news on all morning and unless Im mistaken its not been mentioned....however they mentioned it last night, and I posted it on my status update

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, seeder said:

I wonder if that second device...that the cops blew up in a controlled explosion, was actually another bomb or just something benign that looked suspicious....Ive had the news on all morning and unless Im mistaken its not been mentioned....however they mentioned it last night, and I posted it on my status update

I read it was just a bundle of clothes.

Last night US TV reported the second suspected device was not a bomb after all. US TV was also saying that this was a suicide bombing. It's very early in the morning here (6:30 AM) so I've not watched much news as of yet. I have heard there are 22 dead and over 50 injured.

Boston Police are now reporting that the injuries and nature of the explosion look very much like the bombs used at the Marathon.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LV-426 said:

I'm sick of hearing all this b******t about "but we're bombing their children" blah, blah, blah.

Yeh me too....

People seem to forget things like 9/11.... which was a major trigger for the war on terror

Oh and about 'some' of those children killed in places like Syria....well....'some' of those children have been recruited and trained in terror... taught how to kill.....and some have even executed grown men with a bullet to the head....and some have even decapitated other grown men.....while their jihadists mentors stand there filled with pride.... and giggling

Oh but theyre just poor little sweet kids right, and we are bombing them?

• Like 1

it's really ignorant to think our military presence in their homes, bombing their countries, no matter how ****ty they were before, has nothing to do with them wanting to kill us.  

i'm not justifying them in any way, i'm blaming your gvmnt for letting so many in,  and making it hard for you to live in your own home,  bombing is not even the biggest problem, your no go zones, and muslim's attitude in uk is. 

how stupid one has to be, to let people whose home you destroy, whose relatives you kill, let into your country and allow them them return a favor.  at your cost.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, aztek said:

it's really ignorant to think our military presence in their homes, bombing their countries, no matter how ****ty they were before, has nothing to do with them wanting to kill us.  

i'm not justifying them in any way, i'm blaming your gvmnt for letting so many in,  and making it hard for you to live in your own home,  bombing is not even the biggest problem, your no go zones, and muslim's attitude in uk is. 

how stupid one has to be, to let people whose home you destroy, whose relatives you kill, let into your country and allow them them return a favor.  at your cost.

I have to say this aztec..... in my bouncer days I worked literally next door to a pub that was bombed.....by a guy nicknamed the Brixton Bomber.... he was white, Brit born.. and targeted Gays, Blacks and Indian/Asians, he was a neo Nazi its been said

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Copeland

Its not all about muslims, well in later years it has been.... but long before all these recent bombings with suicide bombers etc.... we (UK), were getting blown up by our fellow Irish.....who are a part of Great Britain....and I dont believe we ever bombed them from the air..or killed the kids..

Terrorism has existed in different ways for....well perhaps for centuries.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, seeder said:

I have to say this aztec..... in my bouncer days I worked literally next door to a pub that was bombed.....by a guy nicknamed the Brixton Bomber.... he was white, Brit born.. and targeted Gays, Blacks and Indian/Asians, he was a neo Nazi its been said

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Copeland

Its not all about muslims, well in later years it has been.... but long before all these recent bombings with suicide bombers etc.... we (UK), were getting blown up by our fellow Irish.....who are a part of Great Britain....and I dont believe we ever bombed them from the air..or killed the kids..

Terrorism has existed in different ways for....well perhaps for centuries.

i wont argue, you are correct, but just like you said, lately it has been all about muslims, there will always be people willing to kill for their cause,  like timothy mcvain, unibomber....  however very few of them do it just because they fell like it, no, they do it as a response to something.  

• Like 1