Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Explosions in Manchester

Torchwood

I know Aztek,my post was rife with sarcasm :lol:

Hot damn i've seen a ghost...I see @psyche101 at the bottom of the page! :st

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Claire. said:

The youngest victim, at just eight years old. Just look at this precious little girl's beautiful dimpled face. Heartbreaking.

The Washington Post

I'm stunned... how can U.K. government be so careless? Unchecked refugees from a war torn area that is ripe with Terrorist, who would have thought that they would come there? Where has the common sense go for protecting the citizens of their nation?

• Like 1

Just a reminder here - please avoid linking to news articles which contain graphic images.

Thank you.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Uncle Sam said:

I'm stunned... how can U.K. government be so careless? Unchecked refugees from a war torn area that is ripe with Terrorist, who would have thought that they would come there? Where has the common sense go for protecting the citizens of their nation?

This particular islamic  mass murderer was born in England..BUT his parents were not and he attended a mosque which should have been pulled down years ago....this is where the security services and governments are failing and have done so for many years...we are now seeing the results of the next generation growing up in muslin communities which have been allowed to flourish and today there are many "no go areas"  in these muslim communities. 

As for the radicalised recently! I do not believe this BS...he was brought up in a muslim community..a community which no matter why they came here, were not prepared to integrate into the western world...why the heck was and is that mosque still standing!!!!

The Manchester Arena suicide bomber had made trips to Libya, Downing Street said last night, as intelligence agencies combed his connections with al-Qaeda and Islamic State in his parents’ homeland.

He had become radicalised recently - it is not entirely clear when - and had worshipped at a local mosque that has, in the past, been accused of fund-raising for jihadists

Salman Abedi, 22, was born in Manchester and grew up in tight-knit Libyan community

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/23/salman-abedi-named-manchester-suicide-bomber-know/amp/

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

This particular islamic  mass murderer was born in England..BUT his parents were not and he attended a mosque which should have been pulled down years ago....this is where the security services and governments are failing and have done so for many years...we are now seeing the results of the next generation growing up in muslin communities which have been allowed to flourish and today there are many "no go areas"  in these muslim communities. 

As for the radicalised recently! I do not believe this BS...he was brought up in a muslim community..a community which no matter why they came here, were not prepared to integrate into the western world...why the heck was and is that mosque still standing!!!!

I don't think security forces can be blamed. There is only so much they can do, and they are working with their hands tied due to insane political correctness.

Western governments are so afraid of offending Muslims that they completely ignore the reality of what is going on around them. I guess you know the reality yourself with the part of Britain you live in - I think you said somewhere near Tower Hamlets? - and I know it myself here in the North West.

I could put my shoes on tonight and walk three miles in one direction, and be at the home of poor little Saffie Rose Roussos, the murdered eight year old girl who's innocent face is all over world media today. I could walk three miles in the opposition direction and be in the middle of a community dominated by Muslims, and a landscape littered with garish Mosques that used to be community buildings for everyone, for example a disabled hospital. Here I sit in the middle in a pretty peaceful suburb wondering what the **** is going on, and when will the powers that be start using common sense and moderation before the problems spiral out of control.

Anyone want to know how insane political correctness is in Britain right now?

This is a courtroom sketch at the recent appearance of three women charged with planning terrorist attacks in London:

pri_39353123.jpg

Yes, that's right folks. These murderous charmers were allowed to hide their faces in public - and not in shame - in a British court of law.

How utterly insane is that?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Uncle Sam said:

His parents were refugees during the Gaddafi era when Gaddafi supported terrorism  

2 hours ago, F3SS said:

And their belief system, intentional or not, has been proven to be quite dangerous and even deadly.

not to them it isn't, regular folk, they do not give 2 shts about,  the  system works exactly as intended

4 hours ago, stevewinn said:

Another terrorist attack, innocent citizens dead, and yet again the terrorist nut job was known to police and the intelligence services.

I keep saying it, the security service are doing their job, anyone on the security services list needs eliminating. if this course of action would have been taken the UK would not have experienced, and continue to experience these radical fundamentalist attacks.

There is no PC way to deal with his kind of threat.Let the lefties scream intolerance and remove or intern anyone with radical inclinations.

Edited by A rather obscure Bassoon
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, I hide behind words said:

A few factoids.

It is an American security company. The Manchester Arena is also the largest indoor event space in Britian.

Unsure about there being any female actor involved.

@RabidMongoose do you have a link that the actor involved was a female? And about the security response.

It sounds like social media rumor mate. Partisan at that.

Yea -- it turns out this may be a false lead.  I would say that in today's world the eyes of the public are essential and we all have phones so it is not hard to report something that isn't as is should be.  Several times I've reported bags left alone in airport lobbies, and when the officer comes back with me the bag is gone (obviously the owner came and got it).  Still, each time, the authorities have thanked me for not being scared to act.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

Well seeing this is what people would do if they saw someone they thought might be a terrorist then its likely how security would be alerted to them. Its better to be safe than sorry. They should have at least had a chat with her as talking to them is usually all you need to establish if something is about to go down (they will be nervous, panic, might try to detonate themselves then and there, etc). You dont have to openly accuse them of being a terrorist.

In the UK to be a security guard you have to have been through your training to get your licence. And this has occurred against a backdrop of a high terrorist threat. It sounds like incompetence to me (or perhaps someone who dismissed it as racist audience members instead of doing their job properly).

I try to avoid judging others and their mistakes.  Erring on the side of caution when there are thousands of people at risk does seem the most rational, though.  I think we would need a lot more detail before really trying to assess it.

Every county that was attacked  will send out planes to retaliate. So why can`nt we all get together and wiped out these  bullies ?  Afraid there will be to many innocents killed? but how many innocents lives have already  been lost  due to their ideology.

9 hours ago, quillius said:

Phase One:

Throw everyone on terrorist watchlist out of the country.

Take down every mosque in the UK.

Then you have no way of tracking down the ones who aren't on a watch list yet. You get rid of all the known risks and guarantee you will never find the unknown ones.

And pulling down all the mosques? Do you really think anyone already considering terrorism will give up because a building's gone? Or do you think it'll drive them underground, make them harder to keep track of and more determined to attack?

As a rule, if there seems to be an obvious solution but no-one's doing it, there's a good reason for that.

6 hours ago, AnchorSteam said:

Another "vigil"... another perfect target for a terrorist attack.

Welcome to the new normal, as your leaders have told you to expect. 

Oh, and be sure to keep doing the same thing over and over while expecting some sort of new result, that sure has been working great so far.

I won't be praying for anyone in Manchester, I just don't see the point. Anyone who stays so passive and submissive while picking nails out of their little daughter's eyes (after ignoring all the muslim Pedophile rage-gangs) do not deserve my time, even my derision would be wasted. I have been in the position of someone watching a distant cousin sink into morbid addiction and self-destruction for too long... my give-a-damn is officially busted.

Goodbye, farewell, ahmen.

The only post more disgusting than suggesting these kids had it coming because governments bombed other countries...

You can be a particularly vile poster can't you? You'd mock people for showing their support for victims and families at a time like this? It's because they have something called empathy, something that's apparently alien to you.

As for 'watching a distant cousin sink into morbid addiction and self-destruction', I would remind you which country started these wars. YOU dragged us in to support you, you can ****ing support us through the consequences or at the very least sit down, shut up and show some respect. You have the luxury of several thousand miles of ocean to keep you safe. We have to be watching constantly. It should be a point of pride, not derision that the UK continues to be in a position to offer aid to people in need while having security services so effective that we made it over a decade without a major attack on British soil. Can you claim the same record, even with an entire ocean to help you? No. And yet we stand by you through every atrocity.

To all the others from outside the UK posting here, there is something very comforting at a time like this to know people around the world will support you. We might not agree on how to stop these attacks but at least we can come together in condemning them and supporting the victims. The quote from Jo Cox's maiden speech to parliament keeps coming up more and more often and seems very appropriate at the moment.

'We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.'

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, A rather obscure Bassoon said:

There is no PC way to deal with his kind of threat.Let the lefties scream intolerance and remove or intern anyone with radical inclinations.

There are plenty of terrorists out there of all sorts of groups.  What do you propose -- a pogrom to eliminate Islam from the world?  I think your attitude is at a minimum completely unrealistic, besides being a sample of serious prejudice.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Setton said:

Then you have no way of tracking down the ones who aren't on a watch list yet. You get rid of all the known risks and guarantee you will never find the unknown ones.

And pulling down all the mosques? Do you really think anyone already considering terrorism will give up because a building's gone? Or do you think it'll drive them underground, make them harder to keep track of and more determined to attack?

As a rule, if there seems to be an obvious solution but no-one's doing it, there's a good reason for that.

The only post more disgusting than suggesting these kids had it coming because governments bombed other countries...

You can be a particularly vile poster can't you? You'd mock people for showing their support for victims and families at a time like this? It's because they have something called empathy, something that's apparently alien to you.

As for 'watching a distant cousin sink into morbid addiction and self-destruction', I would remind you which country started these wars. YOU dragged us in to support you, you can ****ing support us through the consequences or at the very least sit down, shut up and show some respect. You have the luxury of several thousand miles of ocean to keep you safe. We have to be watching constantly. It should be a point of pride, not derision that the UK continues to be in a position to offer aid to people in need while having security services so effective that we made it over a decade without a major attack on British soil. Can you claim the same record, even with an entire ocean to help you? No. And yet we stand by you through every atrocity.

To all the others from outside the UK posting here, there is something very comforting at a time like this to know people around the world will support you. We might not agree on how to stop these attacks but at least we can come together in condemning them and supporting the victims. The quote from Jo Cox's maiden speech to parliament keeps coming up more and more often and seems very appropriate at the moment.

'We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.'

One of the purposes of such terrorism is to generate hate such as you express, so I guess with you they succeeded.  It is the destruction of freedom they are after.  Frankly, just the idea of a "watch list" makes me uneasy -- I suppose it is a helpful tool but it seems a dangerous tool when put in the hands of fanatics of the other stripe.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Frank Merton said:

besides being a sample of serious prejudice.

Did i say remove Islam from the world, is removing radical extremists before they walk into the next event carrying explosives prejudice.

Your statement is a joke.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, and then said:

I can't even begin to imagine the heartache and fear of those parents that still don't know for sure.  I'd be losing my mind.  This whole situation is causing me stress. MY little girl (she's 22 but she'll ALWAYS be my little girl) is headed to Rome for a 6-week internship in an engineering firm, THEN two weeks of backpacking through friendly little destinations like Amsterdam, Munich, and Paris.  I feel sick at heart.

She sounds like a wonderful young lady. If it's okay with you I'll say a prayer for her safety. : )

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, A rather obscure Bassoon said:

Did i say remove Islam from the world, is removing radical extremists before they walk into the next event carrying explosives prejudice.

Your statement is a joke.

You are strange; you make inflammatory statements and then you try to deny it.  How do you propose to remove "radical extremists."  Are we to give everyone psychological tests under a lie detector or what?

• Like 2

The only solution I've thought of that hasn't been mentioned anywhere is hit them in the one place we haven't yet, their wallets. We know that often times the families of suicide bombers will receive a large wire transfer of money afterwards as a reward for the act. It's an extra incentive for the bomber to go thru with it. Say we seize those "payments" and have the money distributed to the families of the victims. And why not force the mosques where these cowards hide and learn their hatred to pay reparations to the victims and their families. Or any mosques where they find jihad materials and or literature to pay huge fines into a fund for terror victims. I think many of these young guys would think twice if they knew their family or their mosques would suffer by their actions.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, OverSword said:

Another known wolf attack. 

PERFECT!  You should coin that one! :)

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, skliss said:

Say we seize those "payments" and have the money distributed to the families of the victims

How about close the mosque...and deport or arrest those who are even suspected of being radicals and NOT have any victims? 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, skliss said:

Say we seize those "payments" and have the money distributed to the families of the victims. 

we can't. if we could we'd have done it already, 

In defiance of the United States, which is demanding that the Palestinian Authority completely stop financial rewards to families of terrorist “Martyrs” (Shahids), the PA is now raising the payments to the “Martyrs'” families. 

These PA payments include lifetime monthly allowances to families of suicide bombers, and other murderers who were killed during or after committing their crimes. 

http://www.jewishpress.com/news/us-news/palestinian-authority-defies-america-to-raise-payments-to-martyrs-families/2017/04/09/

they are not stupid, they keep their money where we can't touch it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, skliss said:

I think many of these young guys would think twice if they knew their family or their mosques would suffer by their actions.

Money means nothing to them... they think their families and mosques will see them as martyrs if they blow themselves up...why the heck would they give a damn about money when they are giving up their lives and killing "infidels"  at the same time?

the radical muslims have many ways of making money in their muslim communities.....they do not just rely on the mosques, it just happens to be convenient because they can do what they bloody well please in there after they have closed the doors and taken off their Nike sneakers.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Money means nothing to them... they think their families and mosques will see them as martyrs if they blow themselves up...why the heck would they give a damn about money when they are giving up their lives and killing "infidels"  at the same time?

the radical muslims have many ways of making money in their muslim communities.....they do not just rely on the mosques, it just happens to be convenient because they can do what they bloody well please in there after they have closed the doors and taken off their Nike sneakers.

If the political speech of native Britons can be closely screened and penalized for excesses, your Parliament shouldn't have a problem with crafting a law that allows unrestricted surveillance of mosques, churches or other houses of worship.  Since it's no secret what is happening in some of these places, they should be subject to unannounced searches as well.  If no one in the mosque/church is preaching or teaching anti-government sentiment that actually calls members to violence then no worries.  If no weapons or bomb-making materials are cached there, no worries.  The FIRST time either is found to be true, goodbye to that place of worship and hello prison for those preaching hate or who are found with the weapons.  The fundamentalist/ Wahhabist strain of evil that is being spread in Europe is being directly abetted by your own governments and it's all about the cash flowing from these regimes to the pockets of corrupt politicians.  THAT needs to be brought into the light of day and those whores (my apologies for offending any hard working ladies who are at least HONEST about what they do) need to be held accountable.  SERIOUSLY held accountable.  If the despicable practice of "grooming" is harming children in a particular district, the man or woman that is holding elective office needs to know that if the innocent children of their constituents are harmed, then THEIR comfortable lives of isolation and security will be turned topsy-turvy as well.  If that sounds militant or extreme, IT IS!  THAT is all that is left to the common man as an answer to power.  

• Like 2