Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Explosions in Manchester

Torchwood

Cell footage from the arena.

I hope my question does not derail the thread, if posters think it does I am happy to begin a new thread on it..

question is- does anyone know how many Muslims have been killed in any of these attacks? 

11 hours ago, skliss said:

Actually she's 23 and does part of her show dressed in lingerie. She's also been political, attended "Marches"... recorded a song to benefit BLM...... sounds like a grown-up to me.

Soo.... basically a teenager's idea of what it means to be an adult?

you know, be heard saying whatever brain fart you deem important, wear your undies in public .... not actually adultingly adult, but stuff that seems terribly important and grown up when you're a teenager.

Edited by Sir Wearer of Hats
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, seanjo said:

Because ISIS are Sunni and Iran is Shia, if ISIS were Shia Iran would be supporting them.

:rolleyes:  Your attempts to keep on-message (Iran-Bad!) are pleasing your masters in Washington. Can you point to any terrorist acts that the World's Leading Exporter of Terrorism has actually exported recently? 

• Like 1

I just saw this on my local news, sorry no link. Eight men have been arrested, including the bombers father and brothers. A woman was released. Looks like they were all working together after all. If this has already been posted I apologize.

Edited by Future ghost
Adding
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Future ghost said:

I just saw this on my local news, sorry no link. Eight men have been arrested, including the bombers father and brothers. A woman was released. Looks like they were all working together after all. If this has already been posted I apologize.

I said this in another thread maybe even this one. I don`t believe in lone wolves. It`s a term used to say oh, don`t worry it was just one crazy guy. 

• Like 1

Just now, The Silver Thong said:

I said this in another thread maybe even this one. I don`t believe in lone wolves. It`s a term used to say oh, don`t worry it was just one crazy guy. 

It's almost never just one. When one guy blows himself up, there's another one to take his place.

On ‎23‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 7:14 PM, OverSword said:

I said known wolf,  In other words someone known to authorities as a extremist and potential perpetrator of terrorism.

"Known Wolf"

I like that! :tu:

• Like 2

Just now, Future ghost said:

It's almost never just one. When one guy blows himself up, there's another one to take his place.

Not only that, it;s the friends and family that try to cover for the terrorist. I get called things for pointing this out but damn. It`s real.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, acute said:

"Known Wolf"

I like that! :tu:

A lone wolf never lasts long, thats why they have packs. Think on that, it gets scary. :mellow:

Edited by The Silver Thong
add comma
  • Like 1

A lone wolf never lasts long, thats why the have packs. Think on that, it gets scary. :mellow:

It is very scary. If they worked alone they wouldn't be anywhere near as successful as they are. Strength in numbers.

1 minute ago, Future ghost said:

It is very scary. If they worked alone they wouldn't be anywhere near as successful as they are. Strength in numbers.

On a side note I remebered hearing about Guerrilla warfare and how effective it is. I`m no expert but I`m ready to run lol  oh wait, where are my shoes

On a side note I remebered hearing about Guerrilla warfare and how effective it is. I`m no expert but I`m ready to run lol  oh wait, where are my shoes

Yeah, I don't know much about them, maybe they were smarter? When I say these people are successful I didn't mean to imply they were smart. It must take a group effort just to get a bomb inside a building, with a lot of planning involved. Of course, I could just be reading too much into it. It's probably really simple, I don't know.

7 minutes ago, Future ghost said:

Yeah, I don't know much about them, maybe they were smarter? When I say these people are successful I didn't mean to imply they were smart. It must take a group effort just to get a bomb inside a building, with a lot of planning involved. Of course, I could just be reading too much into it. It's probably really simple, I don't know.

No it just takes one.

• Like 2

The Guerilla War is only effective when the population at large supports it, either directly with food and munitions or less directly , with an unwillingness to cooperate with authorities trying to catch the partizans.  Once an effective and well supported network is set up it takes a lot of manpower and brutal tactics to keep a lid on it, and if the Geurillas are backed up by conventional forces then you've a monumental task ahead of you- every time you disperse your troops to hunt the Partizans an enemy army rolls over you. If you then try and concentrate your forces to face that army the Guerilla's come down from the hills and cut your supply lines, over running isolated garrisons, and ambushing patrols and messengers;  see the Penninsular War C.1807-1814  for a text book example of how small numbers of Guerillas backed by a Regular army can defeat a much large force. 

I don't think thats what we face in the Uk today- the Uk police seems to be running the ring leaders to ground very fast in the current investigation, in the previous attack it was probably faster still. They are what wargamers would call a Glass Cannon- They can get one really good hit in, but then they fall to pieces really quickly. Of course the key for the Authorities is to not just bring down this cell, but to link it to whoever set it up.   Society itself, even its Islamic elements, don't seem interested in sheltering the culprits and are quite prepared to offer up information about suspicious behaviour and turn them in.  As long as this remains the case they will make few gains. Without an allied army occupying , say , Kent, and an allied Navy off the coast (and the last Islamic navies that kept turning up on the Uk coast got a thorough burning about 4 centuries ago) they can only have very limited successes. 

30 minutes ago, Future ghost said:

Building a real bomb and not blowing yourself up in the process isn't easy. He had a network. It's being rolled up right now by the BRitish authorities.

The fact that there are at least 7 people who are willing to work together to blow up a bunch of teen/tween girls should tell how deep the problem goes.

• Like 7

Just now, The Russian Hare said:

Building a real bomb and not blowing yourself up in the process isn't easy. He had a network. It's being rolled up right now by the BRitish authorities.

The fact that there are at least 7 people who are willing to work together to blow up a bunch of teen/tween girls should tell how deep the problem goes.

Its hard to escape detection because large sales of chemicals like fertilizer or hydrogen peroxide have to be reported to the police. You could make the chemicals yourself. I suppose you could spend six months urinating into a bath tube and letting it evaporate down to dry residue. But that would take time, would be quite smelly, and all it takes is one spark. I suppose you could also have a group of people buying smaller quantities of chemicals to escape detection. Or you could find a chemist to make the explosives for you. You also need someone with electrical engineering knowledge to make the circuit that acts as a timer and allows detonation (remotely or in person).

Hence the reason a lot of organised terrorism makes use of cells.

Apparently his family well helping him.And his father and brother have being arrested. I believe his mother too. And possibly sister.

He was born in Manchester but his parents fled Libya in 1994.

Apparently there's being other people arrested in Manchester which are part of his terrorist cell.

So sad for all the people affected and for Ariana Grande. She must be traumatised the poor woman.

Yes, it does appear to be a terrorist cell. I wonder who the bomb maker was? This is important because the bomb maker poses the greatest risk if left at large.

As for Ms Grande, time to grow up and see the world for what it really is. Personally, I grow very tired of listening to these super rich, privileged, self centered Hollywood Divas.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, seanjo said:

You are not living in the real World...the conflicts in the ME are driven by Sunni Saudi and Shia Iran, they payrol and back conflicting sides on the basis of religious denomination.

Indeed they are.

The odd thing is though, we seem to back the Sunnis - who include Daesh (ISIS).   Rather than the Shias who oppose them. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Essan said:

Indeed they are.

The odd thing is though, we seem to back the Sunnis - who include Daesh (ISIS).   Rather than the Shias who oppose them. 

We should be backing neither one, if you ask me. This is the escalation of a Muslim civil war that started with Mohammed's death. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

:rolleyes:  Your attempts to keep on-message (Iran-Bad!) are pleasing your masters in Washington. Can you point to any terrorist acts that the World's Leading Exporter of Terrorism has actually exported recently? 

Excuse me, Hezbollah???

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, FLOMBIE said:

Excuse me, Hezbollah???

Who are really so much more a danger to the world than ISIS, supported by America's best mate Saudi Arabia, yes. 

who have in fact also been fighting ISIS.

43 minutes ago, Essan said:

Indeed they are.

From what I understand there is also division among the Sunni and Shia sects. For example, the clerics of ISIS (very Radical Sunnis) have placed a fatwah upon the Saudi royal family. Hence why King Salman el Saud seemed so pleased to have Trump offer to be 'friends' with them.

• Like 1