Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Explosions in Manchester

Torchwood

Manchester Arena bomber 'practised' making bombs in flat he rented weeks before attack - and left it littered with nuts, bolts and bits of cut-up curtain

Police have raided series of properties and arrested 10 in search of terror cell
    It emerged today the landlord of one property found bomb parts in bathroom
    A friend of the flat's owner said the jihadi was 'practising to make a bomb'
    Scotland Yard's anti-terror chief has said the arrests made are 'significant'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4545630/Manchester-bomber-s-ex-landlord-bomb-parts-flat.html#ixzz4iE3XfpA2

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, seeder said:

Just read that too

key bit....undercover cop was already on the Bus!!

Good God that'd take cast iron balls, the suspect could have been carrying the bomb.

• Like 2

It makes me sick, the kiddies bodies aren't even in the ground yet and Muslims are playing the victim game, it's not a phobia it's a fact.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Essan said:

(This case does show that the problem is not quite as simple as the "close the borders, throw out refugees" brigade seem to think)

Nobody thinks it's simple. Keeping out threats from the outside only helps to dedicate resources to the problems already within. People don't think all murderers come from outside porous borders but some do and there's no reason to add on to the problems we already have especially when we really don't have to.

• Like 1

I think the best thing we could do is start banning backpacks, let kids and people start carrying  their own books and stuff in hand, like they use to. These bombings were carry in back packs,  just like in Boston :( 

12 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

I think the best thing we could do is start banning backpacks, let kids and people start carrying  their own books and stuff in hand, like they use to. These bombings were carry in back packs,  just like in Boston

they could still use regular sports bags...or even regular shopping bags....and we cant ban every bag

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hetrodoxly said:

It makes me sick, the kiddies bodies aren't even in the ground yet and Muslims are playing the victim game, it's not a f*&^ing phobia it's a fact.

I did not even want to look at that... but there it is.

"LOVE" ?!?  And oh, how smarmy they are, parroting the words that they know the Left wants to hear from them.

Words fail me.... I can't use the ones I want to, because they all have 4 letters.

• Like 4

not to give any ideas, but ied can be hidden in a book itself, inside a fruit in a launch box, or even swallowed like mules swallow condoms with drugs. or use colon as a vessel, .........

banning backpacks, or anything will not do much. if those terrorists would use even half the ingenuity prisoners use to smuggle things in prison.........it could make all metal detectors, dogs and pat downs obsolete. 

13 hours ago, Essan said:

At the moment they are free to choose to wear a burka.  Some argue we should that freedom away from them though .....

Freedom? Is this truly how freedom is defined these days?

The choice is accept the mental and physical leash put around their neck from birth, or be shunned and alienated from the only existence they know.

The pattern is the same as women suffering from domestic abuse that can't find the strength to break free. They have their entire life controlled; who they can socialize with, what they wear and what they think and say.

It's no coincidence that self-harm statistics are high amongst Muslim women. And of course being dressed from head-to-toe in black conveniently hides the scars, along with any bruises...

Domestic pets have more freedom.

• Like 6

19 hours ago, hetrodoxly said:

It makes me sick, the kiddies bodies aren't even in the ground yet and Muslims are playing the victim game, it's not a phobia it's a fact.

all part of the social engineering that we are being subjected to -- 

19 hours ago, eugeneonegin said:

At the moment I am living in Bristol, and this morning encountered several women wearing the full Islam regalia- swathed head to foot despite the heat.

I felt like saying, "You should be ashamed of yourselves, dressing like that after Manchester".

But of course, that would be a hate crime.

No one choosing to wear the burka or being made by family etc to wear the burka on the streets of Britain can claim
to be trying to integrate  - or be part of a family willing to integrate -

It's a passive aggressive item of religious clothing that will naturally bring up anger and annoyance because of what it
represents - so your reactions are perfectly valid and understandable -

and ---- welcome to the forum -

• Like 3

The PM is on BBC TV news....saying due to all the arrests made, the UK terror threat has been reduced from critical, to severe...which means that an attack is still likely, but not imminent

Edited by seeder
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, seeder said:

The PM is on BBC TV news....saying due to all the arrests made, the UK terror threat has been reduced from critical, to severe...which means that an attack is still likely, but not imminent

How is one supposed to vary one's behaviour after this important update? Should we still be Vigilant but perhaps just fractionally less? How Vigilant should one be if it's Severe as opposed to if it's Critical? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

How is one supposed to vary one's behaviour after this important update? Should we still be Vigilant but perhaps just fractionally less? How Vigilant should one be if it's Severe as opposed to if it's Critical? 

dont worry, when the bombs go off thats when its critical....ie after the event...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, seeder said:

dont worry, when the bombs go off thats when its critical....ie after the event...

Well that's what i mean. It's so pointless isn't it. When did they tell us it was "critical"? After, as you say, the event. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Well that's what i mean. It's so pointless isn't it. When did they tell us it was "critical"? After, as you say, the event. 

Its not exactly pointless when they move the terror threat level, firstly a lot of the anti-terror work is kept silent so "we" as the general public don't see a lot happening, so the movement of the terror threat level highlights that behind the scenes action is being taken. Also but not relevant to us is when the terror threat level is moved it allows local authorities and police authorities to unlock the extra funding that exists in the budget for dealing with terror related incidents, example might be, as we moved from Severe to critical, it allowed for extra reserve money to be used on say overtime for police officers etc... so more patrols can be made and an increased presence on the streets.

That's why we go critical after the event, which seems pointless. but it really isn't and with good reason.

Edited by stevewinn
  • Like 5

18 hours ago, Lilly said:

Eventually people will begin to react because murdering children isn't something people ever get used to.

They can react by not voting Liberals in office. These people are selling out the governments of the world, all for votes. We see it in "sanctuary cities" here. Illegals given refuge and allowed to obtain drivers licenses so they can illegally vote in Federal elections. Speak out against Islamic terrorism, and like Sweetpumper's post 478, the media will defend the liberals by calling action "partisan" and exploiting the attack. "Watch list" should never be. You're on the radar, no admittance. Got to start fighting it with the vote. We began here by not electing Hillary.

• Like 5

I have to agree, it's not a good idea to allow those on a terror watch list entry into our country. This is not about religion, this is about a political ideology that wants to murder US citizens.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Lilly said:

I have to agree, it's not a good idea to allow those on a terror watch list entry into our country. This is not about religion, this is about a political ideology that wants to murder US citizens.

There's the rub, the religion is a 'political ideology'

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

It's to let you know there will be more armed police and soldiers on the streets ie keeping the public informed, can you imagine if Corbyn (i know it's never going to happen) got into power, "they're not terrorists killing your children they're just upset because we've not let them have sharia law so greater Manchester is going to be a sharia zone, could all none Muslims stay in doors and we will be issuing longer sticks to the police"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hetrodoxly said:

It's to let you know there will be more armed police and soldiers on the streets ie keeping the public informed, can you imagine if Corbyn (i know it's never going to happen) got into power, "they're not terrorists killing your children they're just upset because we've not let them have sharia law so greater Manchester is going to be a sharia zone, could all none Muslims stay in doors and we will be issuing longer sticks to the police"

Can you explain how more armed troops striding up and down toting machine guns might be remotely likely to put a stop to terrorism? On the other hand, might there not be some sense in Comrade Corbyn's suggestion that it might have something to do with the way that we either participate in, or cheer on, whichever hapless President may be currently occupying the White Hoise whenever they decide to **** about in the Middle East?

• Like 1

I don't think anyone's under the impression it will stop terrorism , are they? a quicker response by armed and trained officers is the objective, what did Sweden do to deserve all the Islamic attacks? the fact Corbyn thinks he can negotiate with ISIS shows he has no credibility their objective is a world caliphate no talking about it that's their objective full stop, Corbyn would probably help them achieve it the fact is he's a bigger threat to the security of Britain than the terrorists.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

a quicker response by armed and trained officers is the objective,

So what good would that do? They could shoot the remains of the suicide bomber after the event? 

the fact Corbyn thinks he can negotiate with ISIS shows he has no credibility their objective is a world caliphate no talking about it that's their objective full stop,

What would be your preferred solution then? Bomb them? Who? Would that be likely to prevent some sad individual in a flat in Manchester or Luton from plotting something?

38 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

So what good would that do? They could shoot the remains of the suicide bomber after the event?

Eliminating a terrorist with a gun the sooner you can or capturing a bombers accomplice is surely better than doing nothing which appears to be what you're advocating.

39 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

What would be your preferred solution then? Bomb them? Who? Would that be likely to prevent some sad individual in a flat in Manchester or Luton from plotting something?

Yes i'd bomb them, what do you suggest? 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

There are many different scenarios where armed police could make a difference. These scumbags don't only explode bombs with no warning. They use guns, knives, cars and trucks amongst other things.

Plus, with many high profile events this bank holiday weekend, such as the FA Cup final, their presence is there to give the public some sense of security.

• Like 2