Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Explosions in Manchester

Torchwood

5 minutes ago, FLOMBIE said:

It might only be a 100 scammers who made a 100 claims each. I doubt each claim stands for one person. 

Very probably...that sounds more logical and not so scary....but that is still 100 low life scamming scum too many.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Very probably...that sounds more logical and not so scary....but that is still 100 low life scamming scum too many.

True, but a lot easier to swallow. 

14 hours ago, FLOMBIE said:

Why do you put me in that box? Leftist idiot <------------- a whole damn lot in in the middle -------------> right-wing idiot.

I don't see how I could convince you anyway. I think you have made up your mind about something you can only observe from a distance, and have no first-hand experiences in. Yes, there are many problems, but it's by far not as horrendous as certain outlets want you to believe it is. I am sure you know this from the coverage of your own country. It's the same. 

All I can say is, if you ever come to Germany, send me a PM and we grab a pint and I show you around beautiful Berlin a bit. 

Berlin today, Neu Kabul tomorrow...

Yep, the sooner we close the border and stop them white Scots coming here,  the better ....... ;) 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4565572/Muslim-convert-arrested-Manchester-bombing-rant.html

(Yes, yet another example of how the problem is somewhat more complicated that the anti-migrant/asians/muslim brigade want to think.)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FLOMBIE said:

Do you really believe the stuff you write?

I could ask you the same but I wouldn't because I don't want to intentionally insult you, Flombie.  Yes, I believe what I write.  I am no troll.  I joke about things at times, but I use emoticons to make that clear.  I refuse to believe that a culture and citizenry strong enough to fight two wars against the rest of the world to advance its ideology, would simply fall apart into abject cowardice and apathy in a generation.  The same can be said for our cousins across the pond.  If a tiny fraction of what is being reported in Germany or the UK were happening in this country - and was being publicized - I can assure you that the average citizen would be outraged and the Islamic community wouldn't be loudly protesting against those who were "abusing Islam".  They might do in the larger cities.  In the areas that were colored Red in the last election, they would be trying to work WITH the locals to stop the violence, before the violence was aimed at THEM.  I am not calling for vigilantism nor would I approve of it.  I also would not sit idly and watch it happen without working against it.  I would, however, understand the impulse that energized it.  If those in Europe will not fight for their heritage and culture then they deserve the boot that is being readied for their neck.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, and then said:

I can see the day when citizens from Germany and especially the UK, will be begging for "illegally" supplied arms from the US.  Kind of like the shameful flow that occurred for so many years to benefit the IRA.  And I suspect that we will happily provide them because we will want to help what was once free people, regain their freedoms.  

Oh please, IF that fantasy became reality, you wouldn't 'provide' arms, you'd sell or loan them. Not to help people regain freedoms but for the money. You've got form on that.

1 hour ago, and then said:

I could ask you the same but I wouldn't because I don't want to intentionally insult you, Flombie.  Yes, I believe what I write.  I am no troll.  I joke about things at times, but I use emoticons to make that clear.  I refuse to believe that a culture and citizenry strong enough to fight two wars against the rest of the world to advance its ideology, would simply fall apart into abject cowardice and apathy in a generation.  The same can be said for our cousins across the pond.  If a tiny fraction of what is being reported in Germany or the UK were happening in this country - and was being publicized - I can assure you that the average citizen would be outraged and the Islamic community wouldn't be loudly protesting against those who were "abusing Islam".  They might do in the larger cities.  In the areas that were colored Red in the last election, they would be trying to work WITH the locals to stop the violence, before the violence was aimed at THEM.  I am not calling for vigilantism nor would I approve of it.  I also would not sit idly and watch it happen without working against it.  I would, however, understand the impulse that energized it.  If those in Europe will not fight for their heritage and culture then they deserve the boot that is being readied for their neck.  

If you spent the time reading anything other than extreme right-wing news, you'd probably have a better understanding of what is going on here. You would know that the average citizen IS outraged when these attacks take place. You would know that the reason that outrage doesn't appear as attacks on the muslim community is because (most) people are intelligent enough to understand that they can't be lumped in with the terrorists. You'd understand that the muslim community already IS working with the locals to stop the violence. And you would understand that we do not move to vigilantism because we understand that it would do more harm than good and, unlike many of our cousins in the US, we are not given to knee-jerk reactions. There seems to be a profound difference in the British and American mentalities. Where you would go in all guns blazing immediately every time a threat reappears, we tend to plan, strike only once and make sure the threat doesn't reappear. Unfortunately, we seem to have been following more and more in your footsteps in recent years.

• Like 2

Inline with last 2 posts.... HELLO.....the UK is the second biggest arms exporter in the world. Why will anyone need to supply us?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/britain-is-now-the-second-biggest-arms-dealer-in-the-world-a7225351.html

7 hours ago, FLOMBIE said:

"But mooom, he startet it!"

Seriously, do you think we just sit around here, wiggling our thumbs and blowing tunes into the air?

What do you do to prevent the next of the countless mass shootings? 

Deport everyone on the Terrorist Watch List.

Since all of the killers have been on that list, it would be the logical thing to do.

If you want to do anything to stop this, it would be a good start

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AnchorSteam said:

If you want to do anything to stop this

LOL. Yeah, that's what they want.

1 hour ago, Setton said:

Oh please, IF that fantasy became reality, you wouldn't 'provide' arms, you'd sell or loan them. Not to help people regain freedoms but for the money. You've got form on that.

So, you skipped school the day they started talking about the SPanish Civil War, eh?

Funny, because this is all starting to sound very similar. 

1 hour ago, Setton said:

If you spent the time reading anything other than extreme right-wing news,

Government -approved Left-wing sources only, Jawohl!

1 hour ago, Setton said:

You'd understand that the muslim community already IS working with the locals to stop the violence.

Really?  How's that working out for you so far?

• Like 1

BREAKING NEWS: Ariana Grande embraces survivors of her bombed gig as she brings presents to Manchester Children's Hospital in a heart-warming surprise visit

Twenty-two people died and 119 ere injured in terror attack at Manchester Arena after Ariana Grande concert
    Jaden Farrell-Mann, from Denton, suffered fractures to both her legs and shrapnel wounds during explosion
    Miss Grande paid surprise visit to Royal Manchester Children's Hospital on Friday night and handed out gifts
    The popstar, who is in town for the One Love benefit concert,posed for photos with Jaden and hospital staff

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4567632/Ariana-Grande-surprises-survivors-bombed-gig.html#ixzz4iszYj2Br

31 minutes ago, skliss said:

Finally someone convinced her it would be good press.

Or, more likely, someone finally convinced her she'd be safe. She's 23, that's barely old enough to have voted let alone have any real experience with people trying to murder you simply because you're not like them (unless you're Israeli, or Somalii or ... okay she's 23 and American, she's probsbly never encountered anyone who hates her simply because she's alive). 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AnchorSteam said:

So, you skipped school the day they started talking about the SPanish Civil War, eh?

You apparently missed the day(s) they covered the second world war. You know, the one where you charged us interest for years on supplies we needed to fight the Axis powers. Took you long enough to even do that much.

No, read both. It really doesn't take a genius. If you only read left or only read right, you will not get a clear picture. It's why I still take the time to read the **** sweetpumper posts. It might be almost unbearably sneering and so inane a three year old could see through it but it's important to understand where the other side is coming from.

Considering the fuss the US right likes to make over 'safe spaces' I wouldn't have thought you needed to avoid opinions different to your own..?

Really?  How's that working out for you so far?

Only 6 'successful' Islamist terrorist attacks since 2000. Only 3 of them causing multiple fatalities, two with zero fatalities. 8 major attacks prevented that we know of. There will be many more the public are not aware of yet.

I'd say it's working out pretty damn well. Can you say the same? 

Edited by Setton

7 hours ago, Setton said:

You know that word is only ever used in war films by caricature Nazis. You want "Da, Comrade" or something.

8 hours ago, skliss said:

Finally someone convinced her it would be good press.

what do you get out of this horrible corrosive cynicism?

Edited by Manfred von Dreidecker
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, seeder said:

Inline with last 2 posts.... HELLO.....the UK is the second biggest arms exporter in the world. Why will anyone need to supply us?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/britain-is-now-the-second-biggest-arms-dealer-in-the-world-a7225351.html

But the UK can't survive without these Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II.

On 6/2/2017 at 7:16 AM, and then said:

I can see the day when citizens from Germany and especially the UK, will be begging for "illegally" supplied arms from the US.  Kind of like the shameful flow that occurred for so many years to benefit the IRA.  And I suspect that we will happily provide them because we will want to help what was once free people, regain their freedoms.  

So are you envisaging (it would make quite an interesting movie) that it would go this way (I presume you mean surrender to Islamic jihadism) regardless of who wins the forthcoming election, and/or whether brexit is soft, or hard, or goes ahead at all? Or that whichever party gets into power or gets back into power, it would inevitably gradually become totalitarian because that's what Governments always want to do?

12 hours ago, AnchorSteam said:

Funny, because this is all starting to sound very similar. 

:eyebrow: What did the US Government supply to the anti-fascist forces in the Spanish Civil War? since they were openly Communist and supported by Stalin, I'd have thought that even FDR, infatuated as he later became with Uncle Joe, would have had a hard time getting that through Congress. If any were supplied from the US, it would have been from Communisty sympathizers. 

9 hours ago, seeder said:

BREAKING NEWS: Ariana Grande embraces survivors of her bombed gig as she brings presents to Manchester Children's Hospital in a heart-warming surprise visit

Twenty-two people died and 119 ere injured in terror attack at Manchester Arena after Ariana Grande concert
    Jaden Farrell-Mann, from Denton, suffered fractures to both her legs and shrapnel wounds during explosion
    Miss Grande paid surprise visit to Royal Manchester Children's Hospital on Friday night and handed out gifts
    The popstar, who is in town for the One Love benefit concert,posed for photos with Jaden and hospital staff

Well I guess that makes it all good right :rolleyes:

Edited by The Silver Thong

3 hours ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

what do you get out of this horrible corrosive cynici

I don't know.....I guess the same thing you get out of your cynicism, which I've seen on here many times. : )

I was extremely disappointed when she ran off after it happened with no thought to her injured and murdered fans who didn't have that luxury. My first thoughts were about the kids, hers were about herself....and maybe its because she is reportedly a huge diva, who treats everyone around her with distain, that makes me believe she's disingenuous.

2 hours ago, skliss said:

I don't know.....I guess the same thing you get out of your cynicism, which I've seen on here many times. : )

I was extremely disappointed when she ran off after it happened with no thought to her injured and murdered fans who didn't have that luxury. My first thoughts were about the kids, hers were about herself....and maybe its because she is reportedly a huge diva, who treats everyone around her with distain, that makes me believe she's disingenuous.

Whatever your opinion of her as an individual, whatever her motivations are, they're irrelevant to the kids she's cheering up in hospital:

Manchester attack: Ariana Grande visits injured fans

I'm as cynical as the next guy and then some, but there's a time and a place...

• Like 6

Oh, I'm glad she's doing it for THEIR sake...I'm just skeptical that she's doing it for any reason but for herself. Which is my prerogative.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skliss said:

Oh, I'm glad she's doing it for THEIR sake...I'm just skeptical that she's doing it for any reason but for herself. Which is my prerogative.

Its a benefit gig....which means the proceeds will go to helping the victims and families....what more do you want from her? She didnt set any bombs off

And more than just a local gig ....  It will be WORLDWIDE with other pop stars on the bill too, so will raise big bucks: What more do you want?

Broadcasters in at least 38 countries have confirmed they will screen One Love Manchester live, despite the time zone differences.

TV networks in China, the US, Brazil, France, New Zealand, Canada and Australia will broadcast the show.

In the UK, BBC Radio 1, BBC Radio 2, BBC Radio 5 Live and BBC Radio Manchester will all broadcast the concert live, in a programme hosted by Scott Mills, Jo Whiley, Phil Williams and Becky Want.

The concert will also be televised on BBC One and streamed live on the BBC iPlayer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40132468

• Like 2

I was disppointed Ariana initially "fled" - though I can understand why a youngster like her would want to do so (and moreover why her agents probably gave her no choice).  I was very pleased to see she has come back straight away, visited the victims, and that a benefit concert has been arranged so quickly. 

Being many more times cynicali than  the high arch-cynic of cynicopia in the land of cynics, I do wonder whether some involved in this concert are doing it for ulterior motives, but putting my human head on, I think probably, in most cases,  not.   And, as one who does a lot of work for charity, I know that what I do makes more difference than what I pay. 

Back to being a cynic, why isnt there a concert for the victims of the Kabul attack ;)