Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Explosions in Manchester

Torchwood

5 minutes ago, F3SS said:

That's still beating around the bush and avoiding the fact that those two aren't part of a worldwide connected death cult. They had no ties to anyone but themselves and no agenda but their own.

That's not beating around any bush. Nor is it avoiding any of the facts surrounding those involved in this latest bombing.

What it did do was broaden the field. Terrorism is not limited to a specific religion, culture or nationality.

6 minutes ago, Claire. said:

I just finished reading this opinion piece in the New York Times: The Jihadi State of Mind. The key point it brings forward is that this 'state of mind' is not limited to Islamic extremists.

Of course is it not limited to Salafism.  I’ve spoken about it on numerous occasions.  The Liberal state of mind is a sister mindset.

And he's right.  Yet, when incidents like the Manchester bombing happen, we seem to forget that, don't we.

No, we don’t seem to forget.  You’re comparing apples to oranges.  This is not about an act of terror but the goal.  Smith and Roof had their own motives and goals.  Salafists have one unified goal.

The sad fact of the matter is that we are all vulnerable to acts of terror by people and/or groups from any and every walk of life.

This is true but this equivalence doesn’t conceal the facts like Salafists have organization behind them.  Most domestic terrorists are truly lone wolves.

i hate to imagine what the Manchester victims went through. The fear, the panic, the pain...

Most probably died instantly.  They probably weren’t even aware of what killed them.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Most probably died instantly.  They probably weren’t even aware of what killed them.

Lucky them.

18 minutes ago, Kismit said:

That's right terrorism is not a religion. Terrorists are individuals who don't care that their beliefs hurt others. And then carry out hate crimes.

We have to fight the hate.

Well yes and no. Isis is baised on religion. Same as Al-Qaeda and  Wahhabism and many others. Who kidnapped 230 some kids in Yeman hmmm bet it wasn`t a Jew. Now don`t get mad at me I`m just sayin

• Like 1

Just now, Claire. said:

Sister?

OK…how ‘bout ‘brother’?  or ‘kindred’?   There’s also ‘similar’ and ‘shared’.  Take your pick.

3 minutes ago, and then said:

When the hate is demonstrably of a focused nature with predictable targets, I'd say that targeting it first makes more sense than looking all over for every possible source and diluting the effort.  This IS hate but it isn't mindless.  It is very focused and goal oriented.  THEY are at war with us, whether we deny it or not.

They are at War with us. And they really want us to be at war with rhem. The extremists want us to retaliate and martyr them. They want us to look like we are the bad guys. The extremists believe they are in a holy war. 

The hardest part about this whole thing is holding off the war people keep asking for. Isis need to be infiltrated. Every terrorist attack gives us more knowledge on how the terrorists work. 

Patience and politics will make better head way in the long run than singleing out a group of people, most of whom are peacful.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kismit said:

Dylan Roof was a white supremacist and neo natzi.

You are right we have no evidence that he was sent by a leader in the white supremacists. But it is still a hate crime inspired by a mindset.

3 minutes ago, Claire. said:

That's not beating around any bush. Nor is it avoiding any of the facts surrounding those involved in this latest bombing.

What it did do was broaden the field. Terrorism is not limited to a specific religion, culture or nationality.

None of what you're saying is false but it is a deflection from the greater problem. Yes they all kill people but there is a difference between true lone wolves and a network of wolves. The network is known and so are almost every one of the actors involved. They're always already on a list. We should be able to do something about that.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

OK…how ‘bout ‘brother’?  or ‘kindred’?   There’s also ‘similar’ and ‘shared’.  Take your pick.

I'm not fussed about the word, I just don't understand what you meant by your statement.

Edited by Claire.
Fixed typo. Added 'not'.

4 minutes ago, Kismit said:

Dylan Roof was a white supremacist and neo natzi.

You are right we have no evidence that he was sent by a leader in the white supremacists. But it is still a hate crime inspired by a mindset.

Very true...but Dylan Roof was a white guy in a country heavily populated by other white guys.Britains muslim population is what,i believe 4%?

When Roof went nuts it wasn't really necessary to put our country on lockdown as he was a true lonewolf.When one of these brainwashed nuts go "postal" we worry like hell if the next is going to happen moments later...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Kismit said:

They are at War with us. And they really want us to be at war with rhem. The extremists want us to retaliate and martyr them. They want us to look like we are the bad guys. The extremists believe they are in a holy war. 

The hardest part about this whole thing is holding off the war people keep asking for. Isis need to be infiltrated. Every terrorist attack gives us more knowledge on how the terrorists work. 

Patience and politics will make better head way in the long run than singleing out a group of people, most of whom are peacful.

In all honesty that sounds rather draconian

1 minute ago, Claire. said:

I'm fussed about the word, I just don't understand what you meant by your statement.

Well, let's see if anyone else replies with another view point to help you out?  Then I'll try it again.

2 minutes ago, F3SS said:

None of what you're saying is false but it is a deflection from the greater problem. Yes they all kill people but there is a difference between true lone wolves and a network of wolves. The network is known and so are almost every one of the actors involved. They're always already on a list. We should be able to do something about that.

I don't think we are not doing something. I just think it is very, very complicated. And I know that inciting more discrimination to fight terrorism is counter productive.

• Like 1

It doesn't have anything  to do with white guys, but the ideology of  radical Muslims that are trying to destroy our  world:(  

Just now, F3SS said:

It wasn't meant to be a deflection. My point was that our enemies are not just terrorists overseas, but terrorists at home - and those terrorists can be just about any one.

Furthermore, there may be a difference between lone wolves and a network of them, but the mind set is the same. The are both equally dangerous.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Well, let's see if anyone else replies with another view point to help you out?  Then I'll try it again.

That's not very helpful, but okay.

1 minute ago, Claire. said:

It wasn't meant to be a deflection. My point was that our enemies are not just terrorists overseas, but terrorists at home - and those terrorists can be just about any one.

Furthermore, there may be a difference between lone wolves and a network of them, but the mind set is the same. The are both equally dangerous.

I know it wasn't, not from you, and as I said I know it's true. However, that's the NYT and every time one of these things happen the left wing media, none more fitting of that definition than the NYT, always have to remind everybody that Islamic terrorism isn't the only form of terrorism. No kidding, we know already. Though it is the most widespread and indiscriminate and it's foolish at this point to not acknowledge them as the worlds public enemy #1.

• Like 2

Lets face the facts these terrorists are part of the Islam religion :( that wants to kill us all to rule.

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, Kismit said:

I don't think we are not doing something. I just think it is very, very complicated. And I know that inciting more discrimination to fight terrorism is counter productive.

I agree but as i've said previously,the answer to winning this war is to let other muslims stay home and fight it themselves...

Bringing in thousands upon thousands of refugees into our countries not really knowing who they are is foolish!Having "watchlists" of people traveling from sponsoring countries back and forth and not being able to do anything at all out of fear of being "racist" until they accomplish their goal is foolish!

I know i know "most of these things have nothing to do with refugees"

While correct we still bring in many who should be staying at home fighting this themselves and their next generation sees US troops over there fighting their people and poof...we get a reaction!

As with Syria that is a "civil" war and not our place,yet if folks like Mcain get their way we will be on the ground there for 15 plus years while a generation grows up back in the US seeing what the evil US is doing to their people...

I know it's a different world now days and correct me if i'm wrong,but Americans fought the US civil war not Syrians,Iraqi's,ect. and i havn't read any stories of countries opening their arms to take in hundreds of thousands of Americans at the time...War is hell,the solution though isn't to spread that hell willingly.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Kismit said:

The media spend more time on one scumbag individual than they do those people who are suffering. I wish that would change, giving the scumbag fame helps no one but the terrorist cause.

and you accuse people of hateful and aggressive posts?????  google hypocrisy, 

Edited by aztek

21 minutes ago, F3SS said:

I know it wasn't, not from you, and as I said I know it's true. However, that's the NYT and every time one of these things happen the left wing media, none more fitting of that definition than the NYT, always have to remind everybody that Islamic terrorism isn't the only form of terrorism. No kidding, we know already. Though it is the most widespread and indiscriminate and it's foolish at this point to not acknowledge them as the worlds public enemy #1.

So you admit what they report is true, then complain about it.  I've read the reports and no one tries to deny anything.  In short you are trying to create a political issue out of tissue paper.

5 minutes ago, aztek said:

She was talking about the scumbag who did the attack in Britain,so kinda just calling a spade a spade ;)

• Like 3

Lets face the facts these terrorists are part of the Islam religion :( that wants to kill us all to rule.

This was not a lone wolf attack  I Don`t think any of them are. . It will happen again and soon. I wish I knew where but I don`t.  Isis is not dumb, they know how to play us.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, aztek said:

Haha and lol. Ok it's agressive. But anyone here who would like to disagree that the terrorist responsible for this heinous act is a scumbag?

• Like 1