Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pentagon Strike 9/11

LucidElement

I have listened to those recordings (above) before. I thought they were shameful and unprofessional.

I was a radio operator in the Navy during wartime. I controlled aircraft and later ships. The military has this thing called radio discipline. We would never talk in such a manner.

Disgraceful.

I think the vast majority of the comms were phone calls between units that communicate with one another...a lot. Like surveillance talking to radar sites, FAA sectors coordinating, and the like.

The Monday morning quarterbacks are quick to point out the failures which we can all see. The failure is that thousands of people died because a small group of suicidal maniacs conspired to commit an atrocity.

The Monday morning quarterbacks know as we all do that the planes were used as missiles to kill people by hitting heavily populated buildings. At the time of hijackings no one  including these Monday morning quarterbacks thought that the planes would  be used as missiles. Id like to see the first of these Monday morning quarterbacks dare to pretend that they knew that the planes would be used as missiles. After the first plane hit a building you might realize that the intention of the hijackers. Then again you might think it was a failed attempt to simply buzz NYC for the attention it would cause. After the second dead on strike you can be pretty sure that this was not a mistake. So now these Monday morning quarterbacks can get their clocks started. How many of the more than a thousand planes in the air  is a missile? Should we shoot them all down? Shoot we shoot any of them down?

Life is so much easier for a Monday morning quarterback. You know the outcome and you don't even try to put yourselves into the other person's shoes.

• Like 6

Was watching TV after the first tower strike, getting ready for work. When the second plane hit, my words were something to the effect of "the SOBs finally did it"...there was no doubt at that point. Even so, we were still in "peacetime"...and it takes a bunch of coordinating to start getting and deploying assets, changing defense postures and so on....

25 minutes ago, mrbusdriver said:

Was watching TV after the first tower strike, getting ready for work. When the second plane hit, my words were something to the effect of "the SOBs finally did it"...there was no doubt at that point. Even so, we were still in "peacetime"...and it takes a bunch of coordinating to start getting and deploying assets, changing defense postures and so on....

Was retired Navy and in related job essential to Naval aviation at the time.   One of our engineers brought a TV in and we watched the second tower get hit.  People were scared and wanted to go home but I told them we were, essentially, at war and the worst thing we could so was turn off the trainers.  I think former and retired military all reacted the same way, shock, then "Let's go."  Unfortunately, I was bit too old.  Honestly, I was very sad and I was p***ed off but when your time is over, it is over.   I'm sure you understand how bad I wanted back in the fight at that time.  

• Like 3

Here is an extraordinary interview with one of the actual pilots of the military intercept of 9/11.