Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump Withdraws from Paris Climate Accord

Raptor Witness

1 minute ago, Myles said:

I'm vacationing, so can someone give me a brief summary of what this really means?   

I know it looks bad on the surface - Pulling out of a Global Climate Agreement.

It only means that some Liberals are looking for safe places right now.  The dead are walking the streets.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Michelle said:

No, not here anyway. We just saved 53 acres from an extremely destructive developer. We now have a new pocket park in the city. We are also known as a Tree City, which they have been bound and determined to deny us of any longer with their irresponsible building practices. 

That was a fight they didn't expect to lose. :devil:

lucky you, this would never fly in nyc,   

• Like 1

Just now, aztek said:

Elon Musk, the CEO of Tesla and SpaceX, has quit two of President Trump's business advisory councils after the president announced he will pull the U.S. out of the historic Paris climate agreement.

He believes we are human embryos on an interstellar trip living thousands of simulated lifetimes to prepare us for the colonization of a new planet too, soooo.....

• Like 2

Meh. I heard that the US can't get out of the accord until 2020. There'll probably a different president by then.

8 minutes ago, OverSword said:

He believes we are human embryos on an interstellar trip living thousands of simulated lifetimes to prepare us for the colonization of a new planet too, soooo.....

well nobody is perfect, lol. 

funny that he said "we'll have no choice", as he is under contract with someone. 

1 hour ago, aztek said:

lucky you, this would never fly in nyc,   

Of course it wouldn't. Y'all are known for Broadway shows and we're known for outdoor activities and scenic views. I'm not ashamed to say I pulled every string available to me. Being heavily into the arts, I have contact with the most influential people in town, including Bob Corker. First time I ever asked for a favor from any one of them.

I'm still a little wound up about it, because this developer continues to try and encroach into our neighborhood at any opportunity. It's a constant battle on the hillsides of a valley that can be, and has been, devastating to people who live below their destruction. We're evaluating what regulations need to be changed now.

Okay, I'll get off my soap box and take a deep breath now. :blush:

The bottom line is, people do care. The federal government doesn't always need to be involved though.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 4

#45 justified his error decision to pull the Paris Agreement with the arguments to save US money and to strengthen the US economy. That schemes will backfire at an amount much higher than the costs been saved.

Today, there are still 194 countries who dont support the exit. 194 countries are 194 (more or less, I know) markets for US products and services. These markets provide commercial customers and private customers as well, who generate a big part of the US`s GNP by exports of US products/services into foreign countries. I expect a very high number, up to 1B, of private individuals to start boycotting products and services of US origin. Also I expect a high number of commercial/industrial customers to avoid US products and services due to the exit. 

Another important point are the common QM systems of, not only, global players. Its standard meanwhile that the companie`s QMSs also include ISO14000/14001 (aka Environmental Resource Management) processes, as they are also a very strong marketing tool. The processes do have effects on suppliers as well, especially if the (client-) company SOPs define what kind/level of Environmental Resource Management (ISO14000/14001) the suppiler must meet to get listed as a supplier. Also here I expect US suppliers of products/byproducts and services to come in trouble.

The boomerang is enroute. It will hit its pitchers neck later on. Painfully.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, toast said:

Another important point are the common QM systems of, not only, global players. Its standard meanwhile that the companie`s QMSs also include ISO14000/14001 (aka Environmental Resource Management) processes, as they are also a very strong marketing tool. The processes do have effects on suppliers as well, especially if the (client-) company SOPs define what kind/level of Environmental Resource Management (ISO14000/14001) the suppiler must meet to get listed as a supplier. Also here I expect US suppliers of products/byproducts and services to come in trouble.

The boomerang is enroute. It will hit its pitchers neck later on. Painfully.

You can guess that but judging by the layers and layers and layers and layers of paint on Mercedes Benz and BMW automobiles the USA already has much MUCH more strict environmental standards than your country.

• Like 2

Good call.  Believing that a trace gas making up less than a half of a half of a half of a half of one percent of the atmosphere is the primary driving force of Global Warming aside, this whole Paris Deal is a scam that boils down to giving 100B a year to poor countries with no oversight and no penalties for not using the money for it's intended purpose.

The only reason this has any public support at all is because politicians slapped the AGW logo and it and harasses/ridicules anyone who doesn't comply as a "denier".  That and downplaying just how little of the money given will actually be used to fight future AGW.

2 hours ago, PersonFromPorlock said:

On the theory that the mainstream media can only handle one 'big story' at a time, either this will be a two-day wonder, or Russian collusion will suddenly be a non-event.

Didn't you hear?  AGW is a Russian conspiracy that Trump is "colluding" with to thaw out their wilderness and shipping lanes to help them prosper!

Trump Buys Into Putin Plan To Melt The Arctic

WASHINGTON –- The genius of Vladimir Putin is that he makes his aims crystal clear, as clear as a block of ice in the Arctic. 

Ice and cold have always defined and limited his vast country. For centuries the chief Russian geopolitical imperative was the search for “warm-water” ports to its south. 

Now the grand aim is to allow global climate change to melt the Arctic and turn the water at the top of the world into a lucrative oil and gas field, as well as a network of efficient new sea lines Russia will control.

Putin, in essence, is gaining U.S. backing for his vision as his pal, President Donald Trump, signals that America will withdraw from the Paris Agreement on combating climate change.

link

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

I don't think Donald Trump chose the official start of the Atlantic hurricane season, to make this announcement, by accident.

The United States is now officially at war with the Earth.

Good to back out  Trump !, this Paris deal has screwed the US for years taking away our jobs while we  pay more, when other countries are allowed more emissions .  Any how what wrong with climate changes, these events have  been around of millions of years,  it could be a good thing. The Earth knows how to sustain life, and there really nothing we can do to change it all, but live:(

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, OverSword said:

You can guess that but judging by the layers and layers and layers and layers of paint on Mercedes Benz and BMW automobiles

German car manufacturers do use sovent-free paints since the 90s. When did the US started with such paints? And, our cars are not painted like a Steinway-piano (10+ layers). Furthermore, the engine chambers of BMW cars are not painted in the cars color, they are always in black (saves paint).

The average fuel consumption per car and 100km in Germany is about 7 liters, around 1.85 gallons. How is that value in the US?

the USA already has much MUCH more strict environmental standards than your country.

Whats about, for example, about the Flint River water quality?

But anyway, CO2 is the issue here and not car paintings.

• Like 1

Amount of carbon dioxide a gas known to trap heat goes up, temperature goes up at the same time, seems pretty straightforward cause effect relationship to me :mellow:

sorry but have I agree with the left on this one, it is a scientific issue not a political one, 99 engineers tell me a bridge is unsafe I will err on the side of caution and fix it rather than believe the 1 that tells me it's fine, that just seems prudent  :blink:

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Lilly said:

Considering that China and India are polluting the Earth with impunity and reckless abandon, Trump probably isn't even on the Earth's radar.

Well that's not really true. Pollution and global warming started with the industrial revolution, that being America and Europe. The Chinese and Indians have come later on. Above all... America has a moral obligation to leed by example. Of course IMO Trump lacks all moral fibre and sense of fair play. Trump apparently now says he intends to renegotiate the terms of the Paris convention. 

Generally the guy's a jerk in my eyes. 

• Like 5

I would guess that we are roughly 200 years from becoming a Type I Civilization.  Until that time, we will be dependent on fossil fuels and alternative energies.  We have a lot of development to do over this period (like equip homes with cheap, efficient solar panels and funneling excess back into the grid).  As well as research into climate change so that we can better understand what Mother Nature does without trembling in fear when the thunder god speaks and not get suckered into wealth redistribution.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, toast said:

German car manufacturers do use solvent-free paints since the 90s. When did the US started with such paints?

General Motors started using waterborne paints in about 1988. My 88 GMC truck had it.  They had many problems with peeling and flaking, the warranty claims made them change their minds over the next few years. And now 10% solvent paint is mandated for repair shops and manufacturers.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, The Russian Hare said:

Amount of carbon dioxide a gas known to trap heat goes up, temperature goes up at the same time, seems pretty straightforward cause effect relationship to me :mellow:

sorry but have I agree with the left on this one, it is a scientific issue not a political one, 99 engineers tell me a bridge is unsafe I will err on the side of caution and fix it rather than believe the 1 that tells me it's fine, that just seems prudent  :blink:

No one here seems to be denying that green house gasses or the "green house effect" exist. The discussion is whether the Paris Climate deal is helping to curb the problem. So far, the numbers say it's just a big scam.

These same world leaders lie to their citizens back home and sell land to the highest bidder, yet they are genuinely concerned about the environment? Of course this agreement was always about money. We pay in the most, the countries that pollute hard pay nothing so Trump is cutting the cord.

Edited by Dark_Grey
  • Like 6

Before the Industrial Revolution, our planet’s atmosphere was still untainted by human-made pollutants. At least, that’s what scientists thought until recently, when bubbles trapped in Greenland’s ice revealed that we began emitting greenhouse gases at least 2,000 years ago.

Célia Sapart of Utrecht University in the Netherlands led 15 scientists from Europe and the United States in a study that charted the chemi­cal signature of methane in ice samples spanning 2,100 years. The gas methane naturally occurs in the atmosphere in low concentrations. But it’s now considered a greenhouse gas implicated in climate change because of emissions from landfills, large-scale cattle ranching, natural gas pipeline leaks and land-clearing fires.

Scientists often gauge past climate and atmosphere conditions from pristine ancient ice samples. The new research was based on 1,600-foot-long ice cores extracted from Greenland’s 1.5-mile-thick ice sheet, which is made up of layers of snow that have accumulated over the past 115,000 years.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/air-pollution-has-been-a-problem-since-the-days-of-ancient-rome-3950678/

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Well that's not really true. Pollution and global warming started with the industrial revolution, that being America and Europe. The Chinese and Indians have come later on. Above all... America has a moral obligation to leed by example. Of course IMO Trump lacks all moral fibre and sense of fair play. Trump apparently now says he intends to renegotiate the terms of the Paris convention. 

Generally the guy's a jerk in my eyes. 

I don't think President  Trump is against  the whole  issue of  climate changes. Just want to make a better deal with world in putting American lives  first,  as which  a President should do.

Then again  what wrong with climate changes, these events have  been around of millions of years,  it could be a good thing. The Earth knows how to sustain life, and there really nothing we can do to change it all, but live:(

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

I don't think President  Trump is against  the whole  issue of  climate changes. Just want to make a better deal with world in putting American lives  first,  as which  a President should do  

Of course he is not against climate change. Just against acting like a responsible adult. America has already negotiated a fair treaty Trump just wants to show up Obama and say 'look I can make better deals.' What do you mean by putting American lives first?

I see you just changed your post to avoid addressing your mistake. 

4 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Of course he is not against climate change. Just against acting like a responsible adult. America has already negotiated a fair treaty Trump just wants to show up Obama and say 'look I can make better deals.' What do you mean by putting American lives first?

This Paris deal has screwed the US for years taking away our jobs while we pay more for other countries that are allowed have  more emissions .  

• Like 1

Just now, docyabut2 said:

This Paris deal has screwed the US for years taking away our jobs while we pay more for other countries that are allowed have  more emissions .  

...nothing could be further from the truth. Technology is being led by American companies. 

1 hour ago, Wickian said:

Didn't you hear?  AGW is a Russian conspiracy that Trump is "colluding" with to thaw out their wilderness and shipping lanes to help them prosper!

Dang, missed that.

Well, if it 'takes', it will certainly confirm the MSM's reputation as conspiracy-flogging lunatics.

Edited by PersonFromPorlock

• The topic was locked