Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump Withdraws from Paris Climate Accord

Raptor Witness

Just now, Michelle said:

Do you realize how much of the DOD budget goes to international humanitarian, disaster, and civic aid? Or the VA? Those are facts best known before advocating cutting finances to any department.

Haha thats one heck of a spin to put on it. 

Im in no way saying the military is bad or doesnt do good, that doesnt mean the (rather insulting) budget cant be trimmed . We maintain 800 some bases around the world, as I said earlier in the thread we spent 314 million to drop the MOAB , we spend more on our "defense" than Russia, China, Saudi Arabia, India, France, the UK and Germany spend combined. Our priorities are screwed up. 

• Like 2

you know, we do not need bases in those countries, those countries need our bases. btw help comes from those bases, so pretty much anywhere in the world, us help is close,

On 11/3/2017 at 8:06 AM, aztek said:

The UN Admits That The Paris Climate Deal Was A Fraud

Global Hot Air: Here's a United Nations climate report that environmentalists probably don't want anybody to read. It says that even if every country abides by the grand promises they made last year in Paris to reduce greenhouse gases, the planet would still be "doomed." When President Obama hitched America to the Paris accords in 2016, he declared that it was "the moment that we finally decided to save our planet." And when Trump pulled out of the deal this year, he was berated by legions of environmentalists for killing it. But it turns out that the Paris accord was little more than a sham that will do nothing to "save the planet."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/702f1555-b5e6-3924-a6fc-2dc4b8934bdf/ss_the-un-admits-that-the-paris.html

This is a mystery just now being solved? I thought this much was obvious soon after the Accord was written down.

I would admit that what is in the Accord would be a good first step, but it is not the Savior of the environment that the Far Left has made it out to be. It allows China to basically increase their already #1 status into an even higher percentage of the problem.

On 11/5/2017 at 0:14 AM, Farmer77 said:

Straight quid pro quo, you stop using coal and in exchange we build you solar/wind/tidal power plants. We can even do a little economic hitman action and throw in some cash up front with the fine print giving us legal control of their resources if they renege on the deal 

I don't like Nation Building at all. Handing out technology to the 3rd world is a failing option, I think. Even giving trillions in solar tech to the Chinese, and installing it for them, and getting their electric infrastructure updated has zero guarantee of them complying with anything.  Sure we could make a deal on our own with the Chinese, but what are we going to do if they welch? Nothing... That's what. This is throwing good money into a money pit, if you ask me.

The world is at a point where the Chinese are going to have to cut back, or be held responsible. They can't continue to increase their industry non-stop for the next couple decades with no limits. Or, rather they can (And probably will), but the environment is going to suffer... and I do hope that history shows that one of the reasons nothing was done was the Paris Accord.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/5/2017 at 3:13 PM, Farmer77 said:

Haha thats one heck of a spin to put on it. 

Im in no way saying the military is bad or doesnt do good, that doesnt mean the (rather insulting) budget cant be trimmed . We maintain 800 some bases around the world, as I said earlier in the thread we spent 314 million to drop the MOAB , we spend more on our "defense" than Russia, China, Saudi Arabia, India, France, the UK and Germany spend combined. Our priorities are screwed up. 

I've long said we should consider closing a lot of those bases. I don't feel we have the Cold War need to be able to Project Power as quickly as we once did.

• Like 1

Just now, DieChecker said:

I don't like Nation Building at all. Handing out technology to the 3rd world is a failing option, I think. Even giving trillions in solar tech to the Chinese, and installing it for them, and getting their electric infrastructure updated has zero guarantee of them complying with anything.  Sure we could make a deal on our own with the Chinese, but what are we going to do if they welch? Nothing... That's what. This is throwing good money into a money pit, if you ask me.

The world is at a point where the Chinese are going to have to cut back, or be held responsible. They can't continue to increase their industry non-stop for the next couple decades with no limits. Or, rather they can (And probably will), but the environment is going to suffer... and I do hope that history shows that one of the reasons nothing was done was the Paris Accord.

Im not a fan of nation building either, however I feel like this issue is important enough for us to try and find an answer. I was thinking of the smaller 3rd world countries in the post you responded to but I think the way to get China to comply is much the same, we call in the nastiest weapon in our arsenal.......lawyers , and we use the world court. Itll be easy to do with smaller nations, maybe itd be worth trying there too? 

IDK I certainly dont have the answers, I just feel like we need to be  willing to try and find them. 

3 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Im not a fan of nation building either, however I feel like this issue is important enough for us to try and find an answer. I was thinking of the smaller 3rd world countries in the post you responded to but I think the way to get China to comply is much the same, we call in the nastiest weapon in our arsenal.......lawyers , and we use the world court. Itll be easy to do with smaller nations, maybe itd be worth trying there too? 

IDK I certainly dont have the answers, I just feel like we need to be  willing to try and find them. 

If I remember correctly... China is the producer of the worlds cheapest solar panels.... I know the SolarWorld plant next to the Intel fab here had to shut down because China was selling panels at half of the "at cost" price of American made panels. 

Maybe the Industrialized nations can buy up tons of those panels and put them to use in the 3rd world, and at the same time require China to install... say... 4 panels, for every 10 they sell?? That would help the 3rd world issue with electricity, and also force China to use solar power, which could force them to shut down coal plants... Hummmmm??

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

If I remember correctly... China is the producer of the worlds cheapest solar panels.... I know the SolarWorld plant next to the Intel fab here had to shut down because China was selling panels at half of the "at cost" price of American made panels. 

Maybe the Industrialized nations can buy up tons of those panels and put them to use in the 3rd world, and at the same time require China to install... say... 4 panels, for every 10 they sell?? That would help the 3rd world issue with electricity, and also force China to use solar power, which could force them to shut down coal plants... Hummmmm??

I freaking love it!!! There has to be a way we as a species can figure this out  and ideas like that are exactly what we need. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

.... and also force China to use solar power

I don't think they need forcing  ;) 

.... [China] installed more than 34 gigawatts of solar capacity in 2016 - more than double the figure for the US and nearly half of the total added capacity worldwide that year.

Early figures for 2017 show China has added another eight gigawatts in the first quarter alone.

~ ~ ~

The largest solar farm in the world - Longyangxia Dam Solar Park, all 30sq km of it - is a Chinese project. And the country recently opened the world's largest floating solar farm, in Huainan, Anhui Province.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-40341833

• Like 3

• 3 years later...

President Biden, yesterday, on the day of his inauguration, signed an executive order returning the United States to the Paris Climate Accords.

This is crucial, because in 2017, in the OP of this thread, it was plainly announced that the United States was officially at war with Mother Earth, as a result of U.S. withdrawal from this important agreement.

Later, in this same thread, the mechanism, by which Mother Earth’s army would engage the United States, was specified

Make no mistake, the Earth is not without protection .... nor are her spokesmen, the Sons of Thunder.

• Haha 1

So last night, Rachel Maddow on MSNBC gets this big interview with Senator Chuck Schumer; and during the interview, newly minted majority leader Schumer announces that he wants President Biden to declare a national emergency for the climate crisis. Really? It’s suddenly an emergency in the middle of a pandemic?

You’ve got to hand it to Chuck Schumer, he definitely knows how to play politics, even with Mother Earth, and I say this without any sarcasm. 

It’s a good day when I can call both Rachel Maddow, and Chuck Schumer, candles in the darkness; for even imagining that our Mother deserves such recognition.

Edited by Raptor Witness

President Biden has set to extend his initial 60 day ban on new oil and gas leases, on federal land, to one year, tomorrow.

• The topic was locked

This thread is years old, and about the Trump Administration withdrawing from the accord. Bumping the thread with news about the new president doing differently is off the OP point and necroposting to boot. 

Thread closed.