Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump Withdraws from Paris Climate Accord

Raptor Witness

8 minutes ago, WoIverine said:

This is funny:

Leonardo ‘Private Jet’ DiCaprio Bashes Trump Over Paris Climate Pullout

https://www.infowars.com/leonardo-private-jet-dicaprio-bashes-trump-over-paris-climate-pullout/

He's such an idiot and a perfect example of the lefty hypocrisy.

‘**** you!’ Donald Trump blasted in German media after pulling out of Paris climate deal

http://www.*** blocked ***/news/world/812190/donald-trump-paris-climate-deal-agreement-speech-germany-angela-merkel-emmanuel-macron

If Germany hates it, you know it's right, considering the way things are blowing up there.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DieChecker said:

No new deals? I guess they don't care about saving the world... So sad. 

No dude, that rhetoric stunt dont work. The community of 194 countries will continue as scheduled and #45 isnt of relevance anymore to the subject. In reality, he isnt the leader of the world and he is not in the position to force others to a "new deal". He made himself a persona non grata, means, Elvis has left the building.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, toast said:

No dude, that rhetoric stunt dont work. The community of 194 countries will continue as scheduled and #45 isnt of relevance anymore to the subject. In reality, he isnt the leader of the world and he is not in the position to force others to a "new deal". He made himself a persona non grata, means, Elvis has left the building.

I would disagree. He is the Constitutionally elected representative of the US. And the US is the number two producer of CO2. And he wishes to sit down and see if he can get a better deal. None of that is crazy. Those who say, "WAHHH! I won't sit with him!!" are the ones acting like babies. 

It is idiotic that those nations will not look at making the US a better deal. Why not? The obvious reason is shear spite....

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

I would disagree. He is the Constitutionally elected representative of the US. And the US is the number two producer of CO2. And he wishes to sit down and see if he can get a better deal. None of that is crazy. Those who say, "WAHHH! I won't sit with him!!" are the ones acting like babies.

I partially agree with you but, Ive said that already, if he was dissatisfied with the conditions he should had ask the community for negotiations but he didnt. Thats because he dont understand the whole issue, his diplomatic skills ar zero and he wanted to deliver something big, despite the fact how much damage that decision would cause. Well done, mission executed.

It is idiotic that those nations will not look at making the US a better deal. Why not? The obvious reason is shear spite....

It took 20 years to bring the community under the umbrella. For 20 years, smart minds worked on a solution and found it. So for what reasons do you think a person who think that the climate change is a hoax by the Chineese should be a person of competence, surrounded by a bunch of "experts" with clowns like Pruitt/Bannon, to discuss the issue again, and, in general?

• Like 3

15 hours ago, toast said:

German car manufacturers do use sovent-free paints since the 90s. When did the US started with such paints? And, our cars are not painted like a Steinway-piano (10+ layers). Furthermore, the engine chambers of BMW cars are not painted in the cars color, they are always in black (saves paint).

The average fuel consumption per car and 100km in Germany is about 7 liters, around 1.85 gallons. How is that value in the US?

Whats about, for example, about the Flint River water quality?

But anyway, CO2 is the issue here and not car paintings.

On 23 January 2016, the 2016 Environmental Performance Index was released at the World Economic Forum, with 180 countries being ranked.[11]

Top 30 countries and score

1. 23px-Flag_of_Finland.svg.png Finland 90.88
  2. 21px-Flag_of_Iceland.svg.png Iceland 90.51
  3. 23px-Flag_of_Sweden.svg.png Sweden 90.43
  4. 20px-Flag_of_Denmark.svg.png Denmark 89.21
  5. 23px-Flag_of_Slovenia.svg.png Slovenia 88.98
  6. 23px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png Spain 88.91
  7. 23px-Flag_of_Portugal.svg.png Portugal 88.63
  8. 23px-Flag_of_Estonia.svg.png Estonia 88.59
  9. 23px-Flag_of_Malta.svg.png Malta 88.48
  10. 23px-Flag_of_France.svg.png France 88.20
  11. 23px-Flag_of_New_Zealand.svg.png New Zealand 88.00
  12. 23px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png United Kingdom 87.38
  13. 23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png Australia 87.22
  14. 23px-Flag_of_Singapore.svg.png Singapore 87.04
  15. 23px-Flag_of_Croatia.svg.png Croatia 86.98
  16. 16px-Flag_of_Switzerland.svg.png  Switzerland 86.93
  17. 21px-Flag_of_Norway.svg.png Norway 86.90
  18. 23px-Flag_of_Austria.svg.png Austria 86.64
  19. 23px-Flag_of_Ireland.svg.png Ireland 86.60
  20. 23px-Flag_of_Luxembourg.svg.png Luxembourg 86.58
  21. 23px-Flag_of_Greece.svg.png Greece 85.81
  22. 23px-Flag_of_Latvia.svg.png Latvia 85.71
  23. 23px-Flag_of_Lithuania.svg.png Lithuania 85.49
  24. 23px-Flag_of_Slovakia.svg.png Slovakia 85.42
  25. 23px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png Canada 85.06
  26. 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States of America 84.72
  27. 23px-Flag_of_the_Czech_Republic.svg.png Czech Republic 84.67
  28. 23px-Flag_of_Hungary.svg.png Hungary 84.60
  29. 23px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png Italy 84.48
  30. 23px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png Germany 84.26

Source

Okay toast, USA doesn't rank highly in environmental performance but we are better than you :gun:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OverSword said:

On 23 January 2016, the 2016 Environmental Performance Index was released at the World Economic Forum, with 180 countries being ranked.[11]

Top 30 countries and score

1. 23px-Flag_of_Finland.svg.png Finland 90.88
  2. 21px-Flag_of_Iceland.svg.png Iceland 90.51
  3. 23px-Flag_of_Sweden.svg.png Sweden 90.43
  4. 20px-Flag_of_Denmark.svg.png Denmark 89.21
  5. 23px-Flag_of_Slovenia.svg.png Slovenia 88.98
  6. 23px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png Spain 88.91
  7. 23px-Flag_of_Portugal.svg.png Portugal 88.63
  8. 23px-Flag_of_Estonia.svg.png Estonia 88.59
  9. 23px-Flag_of_Malta.svg.png Malta 88.48
  10. 23px-Flag_of_France.svg.png France 88.20
  11. 23px-Flag_of_New_Zealand.svg.png New Zealand 88.00
  12. 23px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png United Kingdom 87.38
  13. 23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png Australia 87.22
  14. 23px-Flag_of_Singapore.svg.png Singapore 87.04
  15. 23px-Flag_of_Croatia.svg.png Croatia 86.98
  16. 16px-Flag_of_Switzerland.svg.png  Switzerland 86.93
  17. 21px-Flag_of_Norway.svg.png Norway 86.90
  18. 23px-Flag_of_Austria.svg.png Austria 86.64
  19. 23px-Flag_of_Ireland.svg.png Ireland 86.60
  20. 23px-Flag_of_Luxembourg.svg.png Luxembourg 86.58
  21. 23px-Flag_of_Greece.svg.png Greece 85.81
  22. 23px-Flag_of_Latvia.svg.png Latvia 85.71
  23. 23px-Flag_of_Lithuania.svg.png Lithuania 85.49
  24. 23px-Flag_of_Slovakia.svg.png Slovakia 85.42
  25. 23px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png Canada 85.06
  26. 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States of America 84.72
  27. 23px-Flag_of_the_Czech_Republic.svg.png Czech Republic 84.67
  28. 23px-Flag_of_Hungary.svg.png Hungary 84.60
  29. 23px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png Italy 84.48
  30. 23px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png Germany 84.26

Source

Okay toast, USA doesn't rank highly in environmental performance but we are better than you :gun:

I don't know, 26th out of 194 is fairly high IMO. Top 13.5%

• Like 1

15 hours ago, The Russian Hare said:

Amount of carbon dioxide a gas known to trap heat goes up, temperature goes up at the same time, seems pretty straightforward cause effect relationship to me :mellow:

sorry but have I agree with the left on this one, it is a scientific issue not a political one, 99 engineers tell me a bridge is unsafe I will err on the side of caution and fix it rather than believe the 1 that tells me it's fine, that just seems prudent  :blink:

When they want to tax Americans $100 billion annually then it is certainly political.  As far as I'm concerned this accord can suck it.. 

Seriously?  China is handed over the lions share of the USA's manufacturing and they don't pay?  Get the heck out.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

. America has a moral obligation to leed by example.

Why?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

China:

I'm not seeing any hard pledge numbers from China...

“The Paris Agreement is a hard-won achievement,” Chinese President Xi Jinping told the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, in January. “All signatories should stick to it instead of walking away from it, as this is a responsibility we must assume for future generations.”

Which is rich coming from

China, the world’s largest emitter of greenhouse gases,

Also note:

Even as China cancels coal power plants on its own turf, it continues to finance new ones in regions such as southeast Asia. There was U.S. pressure to move away from those investments, but now that might disappear, Light says, begging the question: “If the Chinese really do step into a power vacuum ... are they going to be consistent across the board on what that means?”

Of course China is financing new coal plants in the poorer countries - poor countries can't afford solar. Forcing them to buy in to "green energy" when they aren't ready for it is going to starve people. All these leaders are just putting on a show - one would have to be incredibly naive to not see that. Last word on China:

As part of the Paris agreement, China aims to peak its carbon emissions and get a fifth of its energy from non-fossil sources by 2030. Some reports suggest it is already ahead of schedule on the former.

So for the next 13 years, carbon emissions in China will keep climbing as they aim to get 20% of their energy from "non-fossil" sources.....and 80% will still be fossil-fuel based. At a cost of $360 billion over the next 3 years. I would like to see that pledge on paper next to all the other countries involved...I fear it may just be lip-service.

India:

India is aiming for a total installed power production capacity of somewhere around 800 GW in 2030, almost a three-fold jump from the current levels. To fulfill this commitment, it would have to install 320 GW of non-fossil fuel capacity by that time. The 63 GW target for nuclear energy for 2032 is unlikely to be met considering that most of the nuclear projects are running several years late. The current installed capacity of nuclear energy is only 5.7 GW. Hydropower currently contributes about 42 GW of capacity. Considering the kind of opposition to big dams now, it would be a difficult task to double the capacity in the next 10 to 12 years as is being planned.

So they are well on their way to failing as they set their goals at an almost unattainable level. This next part is funny:

India has been banking heavily on its afforestation drive to score some easy points in the international climate change negotiations. In its INDC, India has said it wants to create an additional carbon sink of 2.5 to 3 billion tonnes of carbon dioxide equivalent by 2030.

So part of India's Paris agreement is to...grow more trees to suck up the CO2?

It said its forest cover grew from 24.3 per cent of its geographical area in 2005 to 24 per cent in 2013.

Uh, yeah. That's a natural byproduct of higher CO2 content in that atmosphere and India is trying to trying to take credit for it. Carbon Dioxide emissions help rainforests grow faster

Ugh. It's all a show, man. I want clean air and water as much as anyone but until we get the developing world up to our standard, we're throwing money in to a fire, IMO. Too many people are struggling to get power period - their Governments don't need the dead weight of the Paris accord holding their economies hostage.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, toast said:

#45 isnt leading the global show. Germany, France and Italy leaders stated already that there will be no "deal" nor negotiation about the Paris Climate Accord.

I agree with them.  The Paris accord can suck it. ;)

2 hours ago, toast said:

The President of the wealthiest, most powerful country in the world is persona non grata.  You're kidding yourself.  They may not like him but they don't really have a choice about dealing with him.  He just defunded the entire project by $100 billion annually and you think they won't try to renegotiate? 

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, OverSword said:

The President of the wealthiest, most powerful country in the world

They may not like him but they don't really have a choice about dealing with him.  He just defunded the entire project by $100 billion annually and you think they won't try to renegotiate? 

100B by the US, who told you? Spicer? Kellyanne? The 100B value is the planned annual budget of the project from 2020 on, it has been agreed at a conference in Copenhagen in 2009. Again, he`s not a member of the club anymore, by his own decision. And there is no need anymore him to be a member. He can play his own climate control program now at Mar-a-Largo, by eating less beans ("bad beans, they are very very bad, these beans and I will change that. To the benefit of our great mine workers. Covfefe, I tell ya.")

They and you are full of hot air.

Facts, dude, facts.

Edited by toast
)
  • Like 1

For some who think, that him pulling out might open the door for those in the states,  to think up better ways in dealing with saving the environment, could that possibly happen? If that is the case, well I would hope so. But, would it optimistically happen that some here would do that? Would this actually encourage some to do something about it? 

Frankly, whether this is one or the other, or a blend of natural climate change, and also man mad pollutants speeding it up, I really think this is a universal team effort. 

18 minutes ago, toast said:

Facts, dude, facts.

Fact.  You really believe they won't negotiate with the leader of the 2nd largest CO2 emitter.  Hot air I say, hot air

Yet more great music from the lovely, environmentally friendly city of Seattle :D

Edited by OverSword

Seriously though, the USA has proven that it doesn't need to jump aboard globalist bandwagons.  I would recommend people do research on the kyoto protocol. The US senate never ratified that we would join. Yet, the US met all reduction of greenhouse gas requirements. Then countries like Japan, Russia and Canada who did ratify the agreement, pulled out due to the fact they were looking at paying huge penalties for not meeting those goals..It's what you do, not what you say..

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

Meh. I heard that the US can't get out of the accord until 2020. There'll probably a different president by then.

You mean the accord that has no enforceable aspects at all?  The thing is a joke made especially to drain the US for more $.  NO ONE who signed it is REQUIRED to do anything.  Many of the regulations he has already dispatched by E.O. were Obama's attempts at enforcing it.  IF this warming is such an existential crisis, why aren't more nations willing to DO something about it?  Because they don't CARE.  If Isaw China and India get serious about this problem then I'd be willing to get serious myself.  Until then, screw the crybabies that have their hands out for what's in MY pocket!

• Like 6

10 hours ago, toast said:

#45 isnt leading the global show. Germany, France and Italy leaders stated already that there will be no "deal" nor negotiation about the Paris Climate Accord.

So we were right, it IS about robbing Americans blind and nothing to do with saving any part of the "world", just your economic gain. 

Because if it did have anything to do with helping the world at large you guys would be more than willing to try again and negotiate something that we can live with.

BTW: Did he ever asked for negotiation of the US conditions within the Accord before withdrawal? Ive seen nothing.

Of course not. Why would your Government-Controlled media tell you anything like that?

For the last week people have been coming and going and even his own family have been arguing both sides of the issue to the President. The traffic has been constant, the buzz about this has been all I have heard on the radio & the net since Sunday.

But better to pretend it happened in a vacuum, just to try to isolate the Guy, right?

Edited by AnchorSteam
  • Like 2

No surprise, he is a psychopath.

47 minutes ago, Codenwarra said:

No surprise, he is a psychopath.

Is that your professional diagnosis Doctor?

• Like 3

That's the problem when we politicize the science, we get KNOW NOTHINGS like Bannon and Pruitt or Clinton and Trump screwing around with it

and all the attention any of us really play to the climate is which team full of know nothings with a vote to earn do we listen to and even insult fellow-countrymen over.   So dumb!   

This is another one that'll go 75 pages, straight to nowhere.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Yamato said:

That's the problem when we politicize the science, we get KNOW NOTHINGS like Bannon and Pruitt or Clinton and Trump screwing around with it

and all the attention any of us really play to the climate is which team full of know nothings with a vote to earn do we listen to and even insult fellow-countrymen over.   So dumb!   

This is another one that'll go 75 pages, straight to nowhere.

Yeah, sheesh. It's getting really hot in here.

1 hour ago, AnchorSteam said:

So we were right, it IS about robbing Americans blind and nothing to do with saving any part of the "world", just your economic gain. 

The decision to leave the community has been taken in the WH so you better address your whining to 1600PENN. 

Because if it did have anything to do with helping the world at large you guys would be more than willing to try again and negotiate something that we can live with.

Do you think its reasonable to discuss/negotiate climate change control with a guy who told you several times that the climate change is a hoax created by the Chineese?

A lot of US blue chips stated already that they dont agree on #45`s decision taken and will continue to proceed in compliance to the Paris Accord. Pls read and understand my post #34 Due to the decision taken I expect the US economy to go downhill which will reduce US CO2 emmisions caused by production as well, problem solved. Without, but initiated by, #45.

Of course not. Why would your Government-Controlled media tell you anything like that?

Educate yourself about German media culture to avoid to look like a fool in future.

But better to pretend it happened in a vacuum, just to try to isolate the Guy, right?

He isolated himself already and he will finish this process at the G20 summit finally.

10 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Actually it is like a town having cancer, and one guy being required to pay for the chemo for 140 of the 165 townspeople

Whether they get the chemo or not....

• Like 2

• The topic was locked