Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
The Caspian Hare

Germans building pipeline for beer

The Caspian Hare

Construction is underway to build a pipeline that will stretch over 4 miles long and quench the thirst of over 75,000 of those who are expected to attend the Wacken Open Air festival which takes place in August.

Festival goers have consumed about 100,000 gallons of beer in past years, giving festival coordinators a reason to supply the drink in a way that has never been seen before.

https://twobuttonsdeep.com/2017/05/31/you-better-believe-the-germans-are-building-a-beer-pipeline/

• Like 8

freetoroam

4 miles...i wonder how many will try tapping into that. 

• Like 8

CrimsonKing

Hell yeah!!!

Forget oil pipelines,this is the future! :lol:

Cheers :D

• Like 8

GlitterRose

At least if it spills it won't be a tragedy.

• Like 6

third_eye

I bet the French will come up with one for the Wines and Cognacs next ...

~

• Like 2

seanjo

So a shovel and tap are called for...

• Like 2

EBE Hybrid

5.1 litres each, that's nearly 10 pints, if thats in a day i've got so say "Great work, people" :tsu:

Edited by EBE Hybrid
  • Like 2

Calibeliever

10 pints a day average per person and you know there's tons of lightweights like me bringing that curve waaay down. By pint 3-4 I'm looking for a place to nap! 

• Like 1

toast

Village of Wacken during W:O:A

The citizens of Wacken (~1,800 in number) can attend for free, which turns W:O:A into a kind of public holiday due because the village joins in the fun. Everywhere, private biergartens are set up and bands play out on the street. The friendly north-Germans offer a warm welcome to those associated with "the scary looking, devil worshipers", whose aggression—Headbanging, Wall of death, or screaming—is just for during the concert, the festival being considered for the most part quite peaceful and safe. Nearly every citizen offers support, from farmers offering shelter in their barns and transportation to the venue, to kids earning pocket money by helping to transport beer and food, to homeowners offering metalheads the use of toilet facilities. Such support is good business as well, as about an additional €20,000,000 are spent in the Wacken area every year by festival visitors. The amazing villagers are one reason why W:O:A sells out immediately. During the festival, the village itself becomes a sightseeing attraction for people who have no tickets nor love of metal and hard rock at all, but who just enjoy watching metalheads from the sidelines. The award-winning documentary Full Metal Village by Korean Sung-Hyung Cho deals with the relations between villagers and the festival goers; the film making the village internationally known beyond the music scene

wiki

"The friendly north-Germans"

:yes: