Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man is caught driving at 88mph in a DeLorean

UM-Bot

Probably wanted to take his Mother into the future and leave her there.

Kinda relevant, but i love how in America 80+ mph is seen as crazy fast. You see the police chases on tv and they are like "this guys out of control he's driving at 80mph". And in the UK 80mph is the average motorway speed  (officially 70mph) but youd have to catch a cop on a bad day to be pulled over at that speed.

From the article: '"I was at 88 for about two seconds, and, immediately I saw a police officer behind me," said White.'

I call bull! He probably sat on 88mph until he was caught. 

And it annoyed me that the article wrote 'pedal to the medal', made me cringe. 

26 minutes ago, Talion78 said:

Kinda relevant, but i love how in America 80+ mph is seen as crazy fast. You see the police chases on tv and they are like "this guys out of control he's driving at 80mph". And in the UK 80mph is the average motorway speed  (officially 70mph) but youd have to catch a cop on a bad day to be pulled over at that speed.

That's a bit out of context, on the UK cop shows they do exactly the same thing with the commentary etc, because it's a TV show. People know it's not 'crazy fast' in a sense of purely the speed they are doing, it depends on which speed they're meant to be at instead of 80+, and also how they're moving relative to the traffic conditions and the physical characteristics of the road they're on. 

Here in Aus, the max speed limit is generally 100kmh (~62mph), with some roads at 110kmh (~68mph) and a few at 130kmh (~81mph). The minimum limits start at 10kmh :rofl:

Fun fact: the speedometer in the Delorean only goes up to 85MPH. The speedometer was changed in the movie car along with the engine which was upgraded to a motor from a Porsche 911. The original Delorean motor was hilariously under-powered.

Not sure why they chose that car or that specific speed but BTTF is one of the greatest Sci-Fi movies ever made.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

Fun fact: the speedometer in the Delorean only goes up to 85MPH. The speedometer was changed in the movie car along with the engine which was upgraded to a motor from a Porsche 911. The original Delorean motor was hilariously under-powered.

Not sure why they chose that car or that specific speed but BTTF is one of the greatest Sci-Fi movies ever made.

They probably chose it because Deloreans were cheap, they had a reputation for poor quality and unreliability though they were probably not as bad as Ferrari road cars.

• Like 2

I guess it was true then, when it hit 88 MPH you saw some serious sh!t.

• Like 2

On June 4, 2017 at 4:30 PM, Talion78 said:

What?

This is the same, or less, as US.

UK single carriageway - 50mph, dual carriageway - 60, motorway - 70.

US single lane highways - 55 to 60, two lane highway - 60 to 65, interstate - 70 to unlimited.

• Like 1

Sorry but...in Denmark 88 mph is what I set my cruise control at, when driving on the Highway...official the limit is...81 mph...ish

So...I can visit the past and future now ?? :lol: