Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Qatar loses diplmatic ties with neighbours

Mr.United_Nations

59 minutes ago, Mr.United_Nations said:

Surprised no one has already reported this on here. Not sure what has trigged this but not surprised at least. Qatar has lately been siding with Iran recent few years and being accused of supporting islamist terror groups.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-40155829

Seems to me that the usual suspects have found a fall guy now that the horror of Westminster bridge has galvanised world opinion. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Seems to me that the usual suspects have found a fall guy now that the horror of Westminster bridge has galvanised world opinion. 

I'd hardly call world opinion "galvanized".  People outside the UK and the Western world couldn't care less about the 34 who have been murdered by these animals.  This issue is about fine tuning the alignment of Sunni/Shia players in the struggle between Iran and S.A.  I am surprised a bit by two Sunni Arab countries pointing at each other and claiming it's the "other" that is supporting ISIS.  According to the article, Qatar has traditionally been friendlier with the Shias of Iran so ISIS probably is just a cover for this row.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Lilly said:

Qatar is very rich and has been supporting terrorism for some time now.

That is the reason given.  I suspect that of the entire middle east to some degree so was a bit skeptical when I saw this on the news this morning.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Got to love the way a politician finally called out extremist islam.

• Like 1

Egypt, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Yemen and Libya cut off diplomatic relations with Qatar, citing the country's support of groups they considered to be extremist. 

You couldn't make up the irony here could you. Surely only the truly gullible would, you can hardly say it with a straight face, believe that Egypt, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Yemen and Libya, every one of whom is either a tyrannical theocracy or a tinpot dictatorship or a failed state and leading breeding ground of terrorism, are so passionately concerned about fighting extremism that they've all banded together to ostracize another country for supporting groups they consider to be extremist!! :lol: 

So we can presume that President Trump has voiced his wholehearted approval.

• Like 2

* That's it!  Someone's obviously heard that the leading scientists in Saudia Arabia and etc have teamed up to find ways to combat catarrh (excessive discharge or build-up of mucus in the nose or throat, associated with inflammation of the mucous membrane), and it's been misinterpreted by the Western media! 

Thanks to Eldorado.

• Like 1

As usual, there is an agenda behind this story. It's more about the recent Qatar-Iran rapprochment than accusations of supporting terrorism. Did Qatari money went behind extremist groups? Most likely. But this isn't the ''real reason'' why Saudi Arabia and it's allies have singled out Qatar.

Edited by TruthSeeker_

So, what's coming next?

More chaos in the Middle East?

Qatar under attack from its neighbours for supporting terrorism? :rolleyes:

Another refuge crisis heading to Europe?

Neighbours greedily divvying up Qatars oil fields?

Ahh well, at least it's all under the umbrella of "the religion of peace." What could possibly go wrong?

• Like 2

On 6/5/2017 at 10:17 PM, Lilly said:

Qatar is very rich and has been supporting terrorism for some time now.

So has Saudi Arabia. But Qatar is being isolated because most of the GCC doesn't like what Qatar says about Iran ("hey come on guys, they're not that bad"), are openly anti-American ("America keeps messing things up in the Middle East and we don't like it") and they generally manage to annoy everyone else in the GCC by funding the wrong terror groups, like the Muslim Brotherhood and Hamas. They also have fairly good relations with Israel and have been the only Gulf country to reach out to Israel and have done so on a number of occasions. Although, it is a bit of a paradox when you consider their friendly (by Gulf standards) ties with Israel and their funding of Hamas. 

• Like 2

Qatar depend on foreign workers so this is serious, moreso if there are real concerns that food shortage could happen

http://www.scmp.com/news/asia/southeast-asia/article/2097153/philippines-blocks-workers-heading-qatar-amid-fears-gulf

The Philippines has temporarily blocked Filipinos from travelling to Qatar for work because of the possible “ripple effects” of several Arab powers breaking off diplomatic ties with Doha and “wild rumours” of what’s happening there.

Labour Secretary Silvestre Bello said the ban would be in place until the government has completed its assessment.

“I temporarily suspend the deployment of our OFWs (overseas Filipino workers) in the county of Qatar.

And now the US government is saying that Russian hackers did it........  Life is really better than a soap opera these days.

17 hours ago, Gromdor said:

And now the US government is saying that Russian hackers did it........  Life is really better than a soap opera these days.

What, Qatar?

Qatar is the most economically stable country in the region with large deposits of oil and natural gas. This might be the well woven plot against them. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

What, Qatar?

Yup.  The US government is saying that Russian hackers hacked the Qatar government new site and posted fake pro-Iranian stories. http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/06/politics/russian-hackers-planted-fake-news-qatar-crisis/index.html

Trump went from bashing Qatar in favor of his Saudi buddies and taking credit for the whole thing: http://www.theamericanconservative.com/larison/trumps-qatar-blunder/  , to defending them as well.  I guess someone pointing out that the largest US base in the anti-ISIS fight was in Qatar might have helped.

12 hours ago, Amy01 said:

Qatar is the most economically stable country in the region with large deposits of oil and natural gas. This might be the well woven plot against them. 

True  but they have been hiding extremists and terrorist leaders in the past. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Yup.  The US government is saying that Russian hackers hacked the Qatar government new site and posted fake pro-Iranian stories. http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/06/politics/russian-hackers-planted-fake-news-qatar-crisis/index.html

Trump went from bashing Qatar in favor of his Saudi buddies and taking credit for the whole thing: http://www.theamericanconservative.com/larison/trumps-qatar-blunder/  , to defending them as well.  I guess someone pointing out that the largest US base in the anti-ISIS fight was in Qatar might have helped.

Now they are saying it's not the Russians. Thing is Russia could side with Qatar

The Turkish President has promised to continue supporting Qatar after Saudi Arabia, UAE, Bahrain and Egypt severed ties with tiny but resource-rich emirate, accusing Doha of funding terrorist organizations.

“Now, there are ones who are bothered because of us being together with our Qatari brothers or sending and exporting food supplies, drugs etc – no matter if they are in hunger or thirst – should excuse us. We will continue to give all our support to Qatar,” Recep Tayyip Erdogan said at an iftar (fast-breaking meal) with members of his Justice and Development (AK) Party in Istanbul.

The Turkish leader has urged Saudi Arabia, as “the largest and most powerful state in the Gulf,” to reduce tensions and lift sanctions.

https://www.rt.com/news/391773-erdogan-support-qatari-brothers/

I wish the US would make up it's mind on the subject.  We have 11,000 US military at a base there.  If Qatar is an enemy, we should be making plans to get them out of there.

Intriguing. 

I was worried that Saudi might invade, until I realised that there are large USA military bases in both Qatar and Saudi. 

I guess that the Salafist's are finally moving against Al Jazeera ? 

On 6/11/2017 at 4:34 AM, Gromdor said:

I wish the US would make up it's mind on the subject.  We have 11,000 US military at a base there.  If Qatar is an enemy, we should be making plans to get them out of there.

And the Qataris are going to do what exactly? 

On 2017-06-10 at 10:34 AM, Gromdor said:

Leave them to there own demise, we don`t need em. Not the soldiers the Qatar goverment.

Edited by The Silver Thong

6 hours ago, The Silver Thong said:

Leave them to there own demise, we don`t need em. Not the soldiers the Qatar goverment.

But the Qatar's effect you.

7 hours ago, MordorOrc said:

And the Qataris are going to do what exactly? 

Personally, I am thinking nothing.  But with all the commotion, one would think they are one big terrorist camp.