Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Khan asks May to cancel Trump

OverSword

Prime Minister Theresa May must cancel President Donald Trump's planned state visit to the UK, Mayor Sadiq Khan of London said Tuesday, after the US president's latest outburst at Khan following Saturday-night's terrorist attack in the city.

Trump is due to be granted a formal state visit to the UK in October but has in recent days embarked in a series of Twitter attacks on Khan.

In the hours after Saturday night's attack, which killed seven people and left dozens seriously injured, Trump suggested that Khan had told Londoners "not to be alarmed" about the attack.

When a Khan representative pointed out that those words were actually said in relation to the increased armed police presence on the streets, Trump branded it a "pathetic excuse" that was being pushed by the "MSM," or mainstream media.

Link

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I can't find Sadiq Khan's original Tweet. Can anyone supply a link to itplease, I've looked but can only find coverage of the spat.

• Like 1

Cancel Trump? Like cancel him out? 

10 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Trump suggested that Khan had told Londoners "not to be alarmed"

Surely that's what all politicians always say, what the heck did the orange man expect him to say, "Panic! they're everywhere! But then I'm a fundamentalist sleeper agent myself, so I want to lull you into a false sense of security"? Silly little man.

• Like 4

If I lived in London I would want Captian Kirk in charge.  Khhhhaaaannnnn.....

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, oldrover said:

I can't find Sadiq Khan's original Tweet. Can anyone supply a link to itplease, I've looked but can only find coverage of the spat.

I did see the tweet before Trump commented on it and indeed it was about not being alarmed by the armed police.  Trump took it out of context.  Trump is a Jack Ass.  I'm pretty sure that May knows better than to cancel a visit by the US president though.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I did see the tweet before Trump commented on it and indeed it was about not being alarmed by the armed police.  Trump took it out of context.  Trump is a Jack Ass.  I'm pretty sure that May knows better than to cancel a visit by the US president though.

Trumps has his moments, but I think your right, May will not cancel it.

12 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Cancel Trump? Like cancel him out? 

Surely that's what all politicians always say, what the heck did the orange man expect him to say, "Panic! they're everywhere! But then I'm a fundamentalist sleeper agent myself, so I want to lull you into a false sense of security"? Silly little man.

well the 'enemy within' would want to drive a wedge between Britain and the US wouldn't they... ?

especially in these uncertain times when we are leaving the EU...

Khan is indeed a silly (and dangerous) little man --

:ph34r:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

May is the most gulible politician the Tories could field after Brexit, so don't expect anything from her in my opinion.

So, it seems then that what's happened is that leader of an allied country has attacked the mayor of a city that's just suffered a sickening terrorist attack? Why would he do that?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, oldrover said:

So, it seems then that what's happened is that leader of an allied country has attacked the mayor of a city that's just suffered a sickening terrorist attack? Why would he do that?

BECAUSE THEY LET IT HAPPEN AND KEEP LETTING IT HAPPEN.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, oldrover said:

Did you read the part where I said Jack Ass?

• Like 1

Trump made a really dumb comment but if you cancle his visit then diplomacy and cooperation might as well be dead.

Plus it would be hypocritical since that's what the left claims to stand for 

15 minutes ago, oldrover said:

Because Kahn told cities to just get use to terroism as it`s now a normal thing :wacko:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

Did you read the part where I said Jack Ass?

Yeah, but I'm not an American so I'm not as informed as you might be about him, remember my outlook is going to be very different anyway. I still say though I can't understand why. Plus, am I getting this right, is your President Tweeting a lot and denying the validity of the mainstream media? That seems unusual to me if that i the case.

1 hour ago, spartan max2 said:

Trump made a really dumb comment but if you cancle his visit then diplomacy and cooperation might as well be dead.

Plus it would be hypocritical since that's what the left claims to stand for 

I'd agree, canceling the visit would be a bad move diplomatically, but equally I think a delay or a rearrangement of some sort might be an idea. Frankly I don't see him achieving much here at the moment, it's your business but he's not a President that comes over well here anyway. 

2 hours ago, OverSword said:

I'm pretty sure that May knows better than to cancel a visit by the US president though.

That's assuming May is still Prime Minister in a couple of day's time ..........

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

That's assuming May is still Prime Minister in a couple of day's time ..........

I'm pretty sure any PM would know better than to make as big a diplomatic blunder and Trump constantly does.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, oldrover said:

Yeah, but I'm not an American so I'm not as informed as you might be about him, remember my outlook is going to be very different anyway. I still say though I can't understand why. Plus, am I getting this right, is your President Tweeting a lot and denying the validity of the mainstream media? That seems unusual to me if that i the case.

I'd agree, canceling the visit would be a bad move diplomatically, but equally I think a delay or a rearrangement of some sort might be an idea. Frankly I don't see him achieving much here at the moment, it's your business but he's not a President that comes over well here anyway. 

Making a statement against trumps comment seems enough to me. Like by all means I accept it was dumb for trump to say

Like it seems hypocritical the cancle the visit because this same mayor probably accepts visits from Russia, China, Saudi arbia etc. Places when alot of human rights violations instead of just dumb comments 

Maybe he would like his state visit replaced by somebody like Anjem Choudary.  He seems to have been around some of his crowd.

• Like 1

Well, relations are a bit wonky anyway because of the intel leaks-  Brits aint gonna tell Muricans anything secret or sensitive if they think it'll be front page news with in mins, tweeted halfway round the world and then told to the Russians.  

But the expectation is that its a rocky patch and it'll pass.

Don't let this distract you from the fact that Mr. Khan once defended convicted terrorists in Egypt who were trying to revive a radical Islamist group...

Gatewaypundit (ignore the sensationalism - read the quotes)

The Islamic Liberation Party they were "only studying"

Hizb ut-Tahrir (Arabic: حزب التحرير‎‎ Ḥizb at-Taḥrīr; Party of Liberation) is an international, pan-Islamic political organization, which describes its "ideology as Islam", and its aim as the re-establishment of "the Islamic Khilafah (Caliphate)" or Islamic state.

Sadiq Khan is bad for London, bad for the West and bad for Islam. This is the worst time to have someone like him in a position of authority.

• Like 2

Did he really say that?

Ban the president of the united states....and then ask him for favourable trade deals lol

I never voted for this idiot and I think there will be lots of Londoners telling him to shut his trap!

• Like 1

The mayor of London has a sense of humor. He pulled a real funny when he said: " Khan, who on Monday night held a vigil in memory of those who had died in the attack, said the UK should not be afraid to openly disagree with the US.

My question is this, since when did either one of us start being afraid to openly disagree with the other Mayor Khan?

21 hours ago, skookum said:

Maybe he would like his state visit replaced by somebody like Anjem Choudary.  He seems to have been around some of his crowd.

Now that guy is nasty, is he out of jail now.

20 hours ago, aztek said:

i think trump has no reason to go to London at all.  

Probably due to Brexit and some trade deals, but thats a guess.