Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

ISIS attack in Tehran, Iran

The Caspian Hare

Gunmen and suicide bombers carried out coordinated attacks on Iran's parliament and the mausoleum of revolutionary founder Ruhollah Khomeini on Wednesday, killing at least three people.

http://www.france24.com/en/20170607-live-blog-casualties-terrorist-attacks-iran-suicide-bomber-islamic-state-tehran

At least 12 people died and dozens were injured in gun and bomb attacks at the Iranian parliament and Ayatollah Khomeini’s shrine in Tehran, emergency services and medics said, as cited by AFP and local media. Both assaults were later claimed by Islamic State.

https://www.rt.com/news/391183-iran-parliament-shooting-injured/

• Like 3

Sunni attacking Shia (and vice versa). This blood rage has been going on for centuries. Now in modern times they are able to take their carnage global, to include the killing of other faiths, readily move their people into other countries, use modern technology to spread their radicalized murderous beliefs.

Unless and until Islam undergoes a Reformation this is what we will be seeing.

• Like 4

I expected something like this to eventually happen.  Iran is heavily involved in fighting ISIS in both Iraq and Syria.  ISIS has a reason to hate them as much, if not more than Americans.

• Like 2

I'm a bit surprised, only because of the security they must have at the Majlis site.  That these guys could get inside is striking to me.  If they can do that THERE, DC better get ready.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Lilly said:

Sunni attacking Shia (and vice versa). This blood rage has been going on for centuries. Now in modern times they are able to take their carnage global, to include the killing of other faiths, readily move their people into other countries, use modern technology to spread their radicalized murderous beliefs.

Well it seems u have no clue of what you're talking about. this was the first attack which ISIS has attempted. Also, there are no wars or whatsoever in my country regarding shiias or sunnis. we're not savages. We have sent and are sending many soldiers abroad to neighboring countries to defeat these terrorists. Please read and gather more information before commenting such things. I hate it when western people think they know everything and list every middle easterner in one category: TERRORISTS!.. i guess it's a new and polite form of racism;)

P.S: Just so you know, i also don't politically support my leaders in anyway. I'm also not a ISLAM supporter because i don't really believe in religions (EVEN Christianity!) that much. i consider myself as a realistic spiritual person, with no regards to man-made religion.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, The_V_Spirit said:

Well it seems u have no clue of what you're talking about. this was the first attack which ISIS has attempted.

I said Sunni have been fighting with Shia for centuries:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shia–Sunni_relations

Their division traces back to a

SunniShia schism following the death of the Islamic prophet Muhammad in the year 632. A dispute over succession to Muhammad as a caliph of the Islamic community spread across various parts of the world, which led to the Battle of Jamal and Battle of Siffin. The dispute intensified greatly after the Battle of Karbala, in which Hussein ibn Ali and his household were killed by the ruling Umayyad Caliph Yazid I, and the outcry for revenge divided the early Islamic community

So it appears I do know 'what I'm talking about' because 632 is indeed centuries ago.

History is something that is difficult to argue against.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Lilly said:

I agree on what you say about radical sunnis (the Wahabbi doctrine) attacking and killing shiias over centuries. It's true. They think shiias are heretics and they want to spill their blood. The reason i said those stuff was because of the bolded comments that you've just said. Shiias are not trying to force their beliefs on them  or whatever like they do . They are doing what the world wants them to do. to destroy extremists once and for all. and you say Islam has to undergo a reformation, still your referring to shiaas as well. Religious dominance is a load of crap, and the ones who are mentally and spiritually awake know that. Christianity's not a perfect religion as well you know. it's full of superstitious bull like any other religion.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, The_V_Spirit said:

They are doing what the world wants them to do. to destroy extremists once and for all. and you say Islam has to undergo a reformation

Spot on.

Iran basically organized much of the resistance against ISIS. They rushed to help the Iraqi gov in Baghdad under threat sending their own troops if need be. They mobilized the Hezbollah and militias in support of the Syrian Army, to counter the rise of jihadist groups in Syria. Everywhere ISIS is found Iran tries to counter it. We can't deny their role. They are an ally in this fight whether the western world wants it or not.

Edited by TruthSeeker_
  • Like 3

when someone gets injured for a terrorist attack in foriegn countries,all of you act

hysterically as if the world has ended. But over here, if evenhundreds of people die, nobody would bat an eyelash!

The way

you described it was harsh, admit it! I don't know about Arab countries, but over here the news was devastating. So if your not going to show empathy, at least try not to sting us with your words. This had nothing to do with century old wars. we're living in 2017

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TruthSeeker_ said:

Spot on.

Iran basically organized much of the resistance against ISIS. They rushed to help the Iraqi governement in Bagdad under threat sending their own troops if need be. They mobilized the Hezbollah in support of the Syrian Army, to counter the rise of the jihadist groups in Syria. Everywhere ISIS is found they try to counter it. We can't deny Iran's role. They are an ally in this this fight whether the western world want it or not.

I'm glad you understand bro! I'm not blaming on anyone here. I'll just blame it on false propaganda. some people think their blood is brighter than ours. Hell, many don't even know what or who Persians are:D 

• Like 3

Its interesting to see the different response to a bunch of religious nutters killing people in England and another group of the same religious nutters killing people in Iran.  

Obviously UM is predominantly a British, US and Australian forum, but having people like you here V Spirit helps those of us without closed minds to see different perspectives :)  *   I sympathise with those affected by todays Daesh attack in Iran.   I am ashamed that some may not consider it as equally bad as the one in london.

We are all the same in the end.   But we let our pettiest of differences tear us assunder when only together can we triumph against evil.   Maybe that is what some want?

* the good thing about the internet, it brings people from all countries together.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, The_V_Spirit said:

when someone gets injured for a terrorist attack in foriegn countries,all of you act

hysterically as if the world has ended. But over here, if evenhundreds of people die, nobody would bat an eyelash!

The way

you described it was harsh, admit it! I don't know about Arab countries, but over here the news was devastating. So if your not going to show empathy, at least try not to sting us with your words. This had nothing to do with century old wars. we're living in 2017

Honestly I am just desensitized.  As horrible as this sounds there is so much violence in the middle east that another story dosent bring a reaction or seem shocking.

I agree these innocents killed deserve to have the same outrage as when innocents are killed closer to my home.

It's hard to remember sometimes 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Essan said:

Its interesting to see the different response to a bunch of religious nutters killing people in England and another group of the same religious nutters killing people in Iran.  

Obviously UM is predominantly a British, US and Australian forum, but having people like you here V Spirit helps those of us without closed minds to see different perspectives :)  *   I sympathise with those affected by todays Daesh attack in Iran.   I am ashamed that some may not consider it as equally bad as the one in london.

We are all the same in the end.   But we let our pettiest of differences tear us assunder when only together can we triumph against evil.   Maybe that is what some want?

* the good thing about the internet, it brings people from all countries together.

Thank you Essan. You really understood what i'm trying to say. You know due to my father's education (he has PHD in Agricultural science), my family and i have been around different countries, such as: New Zealand, Australia and Canada. I was just a baby when we went overseas. i lived in those places for about 10 years. So, i know a thing or two about foreign culture and the way they view us in general. i'm not implying that everybody that i interacted was a racist, but they were some scumbags who didn't care or bullied us, especially back in those days. But i'm not expecting to hear such things nowadays. It's shameful. the problem is PROPAGANDA and IGNORANCE!.. i studied college in Malaysia in the year 2006. few of the students thought i lived in a tent out in a dessert, or rode camels! and they weren'tjoking either. what can i say? :mellow:

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Honestly I am just desensitized.  As horrible as this sounds there is so much violence in the middle east that another story dosent bring a reaction or seem shocking.

I agree these innocents killed deserve to have the same outrage as when innocents are killed closer to my home.

WOW!.. there we go again. you know you live in Ohio right?.. So if i said, like, in America, Everybody's a redneck and they are riding horses with a cowboy hat and are killing all of the Natives or African-Americans all over the country. i might believe it, but would you? does it make sense?;)

just because one part of the earth is somehow ****ed up, doesn't mean the whole place is. This goes for any other country. we should really remove stereotype beliefs. It's getting old.

• Like 1

Radicals (of any religion) who seek to murder the innocent (of any religion) are all equally horrible. Right now (in our time) the worst offender is ISIS (or Daesh if one prefers) and they are equally horrible when they kill innocent people in Syria, France, UK, Iran (any location). I denounce ISIS (Daesh) for the murder of any and all innocent people.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, The_V_Spirit said:

WOW!.. there we go again. you know you live in Ohio right?.. So if i said, like, in America, Everybody's a redneck and they are riding horses with a cowboy hat and are killing all of the Natives or African-Americans all over the country. i might believe it, but would you? does it make sense?;)

just because one part of the earth is somehow ****ed up, doesn't mean the whole place is. This goes for any other country. we should really remove stereotype beliefs. It's getting old.

Well I don't think he meant offense just that the news from middle east reaching the west is rarely good news, the major stories are war or conflict a lot of the time, yes it can make an inaccurate image. :no:

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Lilly said:

Radicals (of any religion) who seek to murder the innocent (of any religion) are all equally horrible. Right now (in our time) the worst offender is ISIS (or Daesh if one prefers) and they are equally horrible when they kill innocent people in Syria, France, UK, Iran (any location). I denounce ISIS (Daesh) for the murder of any and all innocent people.

i totally agree with you with all my heart. Any inhuman and barbarian act should be denounced...

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, The_V_Spirit said:

It's not a stereotype to say that there is a larger amount of terrorism and terrorist attacks in the middle east. That can't be disputed.

I didn't mean offense in my statement I was explaining why the attacks in two diffrent places had such diffrent reactions 

It's the same when someone gets shot in the inner cities compared to when someone gets shot in the suburbs.

It causes diffrent reactions because people become desensitized to inner city violence.

I'm not justifying it or saying it's right. It's not, all innocent deaths are not right. And I know much of Iran Is a peaceful technologically advanced placed. 

I'm just pointing out human nature lol

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, The Russian Hare said:

Well I don't think he meant offense just that the news from middle east reaching the west is rarely good news, the major stories are war or conflict a lot of the time, yes it can make an inaccurate image. :no:

well there not showing you the whole image. why aren't they talking about radicals killing civilians in African countries for instance, or perverts in India who rape and kill many women & children annually. Or even the brutality which the american police have against black people or asians or hispanics. you see, the media in every country is sly. we can't really trust the media. because they use different methods for brainwashing . I agree that the middle east is more unstable and it has something to do with the religious background which it had throughout history (Origins of Abrahamic religions, Jerusalem, the chosen ones,...). But trust me, the Zionists have a lot to do with it. they control banks, they control the media, they control our children, and they control wars..it's fine if you don't want to believe me, but it's the truth. The elite and the super powers who are behind the curtains are playing with everybody around the world. you can't really completely trust anything you see or hear. 

P.S: and no i'm mot paranoid nor am i a conspiracy theorist. i don't believe in ****s like reptilians, Alien-Nazi technology, selling souls or that stuff. But  IMO the spreading of false information and not showing the true reality of the world exists.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The_V_Spirit said:

well there not showing you the whole image. why aren't they talking about radicals killing civilians in African countries for instance, or perverts in India who rape and kill many women & children annually. Or even the brutality which the american police have against black people or asians or hispanics. you see, the media in every country is sly. we can't really trust the media. because they use different methods for brainwashing . I agree that the middle east is more unstable and it has something to do with the religious background which it had throughout history (Origins of Abrahamic religions, Jerusalem, the chosen ones,...). But trust me, the Zionists have a lot to do with it. they control banks, they control the media, they control our children, and they control wars..it's fine if you don't want to believe me, but it's the truth. The elite and the super powers who are behind the curtains are playing with everybody around the world. you can't really completely trust anything you see or hear. 

P.S: and no i'm mot paranoid nor am i a conspiracy theorist. i don't believe in ****s like reptilians, Alien-Nazi technology, selling souls or that stuff. But  IMO the spreading of false information and not showing the true reality of the world exists.

The media focuses on Islamic terroism stories because those are the groups trying to attack the west.

The problems in African countris are horrible and sad but do not get as much attention because those groups are not actively trying to attack us.

And police brutality stories get aired any chance they can in the U.S

It's not a conspiracy as much as it's just human nature

Edited by spartan max2

7 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

It's not a stereotype to say that there is a larger amount of terrorism and terrorist attacks in the middle east. That can't be disputed.

I didn't mean offense in my statement I was explaining why the attacks in two diffrent places had such diffrent reactions 

It's the same when someone gets shot in the inner cities compared to when someone gets shot in the suburbs.

It causes diffrent reactions because people become desensitized to inner city violence.

I'm not justifying it or saying it's right. It's not, all innocent deaths are not right. And I know much of Iran Is a peaceful technologically advanced placed. 

I'm just pointing out human nature lol

sorry i didn't mean to sound aggressive.:blush: it's just that sometimes it hurts you know. and i'm not that kind of person to ignore or brush it off. if you were in my shoes you would know what i'm talking about

yeah i guess human nature really sucks then! :hmm:

• Like 3

Just now, The_V_Spirit said:

sorry i didn't mean to sound aggressive.:blush: it's just that sometimes it hurts you know. and i'm not that kind of person to ignore or brush it off. if you were in my shoes you would know what i'm talking about

yeah i guess human nature really sucks then! :hmm:

It's fine I completely understand.

If my country was only ever talked about in a negative way I would be pretty defensive as well

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I'm there with you spartan.. I'm fairly desensitized as well. Another day, maybe week and another horrible tragedy is announced. Sometimes it's just too much. It's not just the Middle East for me though- it's kind of everywhere. When it's not Middle East, somewhere else got an attack. When it's not actual terrorist attack, it's crazy people and city violence filling the gaps. It's like listening to the top 40 station with it's ever cycling repeats, but for the last couple decades worth of it at least, and seriously hitting in the last few years. It's kind of a matter of become a bit desensitized, or go mad from the insanity and heartbreak of it all.

• Like 2

Sunni attacking Shia (and vice versa

12 hours ago, Lilly said:

Your right Lilly, Sunni attacking Shia (and vice versa has been going on for centuries and there's been many massacres, and the blowing up of many mosques lately from the division, It just could this case in Iran      

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 1