Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mark of the Beast

Opus Magnus

Mark of the Beast  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Would you take or receive the mark of the beast six hundred three score and six in your right hand or forehead?

• Yes
    • No

On 6/8/2017 at 6:14 PM, Opus Magnus said:

Just wondering, was curious, as to right now, how many people would be willing to take the mark of the beast in their right hands or forehead? 

We live in the 21st century. This is a meaningless question.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, I hide behind words said:

I can ponder as I love comparitive, synthesis, parralel path finding or making, and religion, belief, knowledge, your way that makes sense, all unifying to your way that makes sense.

I ask you to ponder the question to from a what is in you pathless truth.

Uh, I'm going to have to clarify something here, I had behind. My pathless truth? I hope you believe me, but I'm not pathless. I'm on a different path than you, but I feel my path is not in any way, pathless. I wouldn't even think an Atheist is on a pathless truth. And I do reflect on it already, from what I got from you in a previous post. I was just hoping to get your point of view, (even if it's way off) :yes: 

Would you be able to see it in another context? If you can't, I can understand. :) I was just wondering. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Uh, I'm going to have to clarify something here, I had behind. My pathless truth? I hope you believe me, but I'm not pathless. I'm on a different path than you, but I feel my path is not in any way, pathless. I wouldn't even think an Atheist is on a pathless truth. And I do reflect on it already, from what I got from you in a previous post. I was just hoping to get your point of view, (even if it's way off) :yes: 

Would you be able to see it in another context? If you can't, I can understand. :) I was just wondering. 

Pathless truth of paradise:

https://m.facebook.com/paradisebarot/posts/1016641591786007:0

eorge Gordon Byron1788 - 1824

There is a pleasure in the pathless woods,
   There is a rapture on the lonely shore,
   There is society where none intrudes,
   By the deep Sea, and music in its roar:
   I love not Man the less, but Nature more,
   From these our interviews, in which I steal
   From all I may be, or have been before,
   To mingle with the Universe, and feel
What I can ne'er express, yet cannot all conceal.

Roll on, thou deep and dark blue Ocean--roll!
   Ten thousand fleets sweep over thee in vain;
   Man marks the earth with ruin--his control
   Stops with the shore;--upon the watery plain
   The wrecks are all thy deed, nor doth remain
   A shadow of man's ravage, save his own,
   When for a moment, like a drop of rain,
   He sinks into thy depths with bubbling groan,
Without a grave, unknelled, uncoffined, and unknown.

His steps are not upon thy paths,--thy fields
   Are not a spoil for him,--thou dost arise
   And shake him from thee; the vile strength he wields
   For earth's destruction thou dost all despise,
   Spurning him from thy bosom to the skies,
   And send'st him, shivering in thy playful spray
   And howling, to his gods, where haply lies
   His petty hope in some near port or bay,
And dashest him again to earth: —there let him lay.

And no system or path leads to the end where roads are gold, that is by us becoming one, hope i get over being offended when i was blessed too like...it was not a diss on you, it was clue i learned by this:

All roads lead to rome

One path leads to corinth

No path leads to oue true home

By me becoming you and you me and -god goddess progeress healing- becomes us too and we become it.

If you know the way to our friendly chat of learn and teach, as you do that better than me, thanka i learn from you and feel at home more so

And even if i was outright hating, we can if we love just turn every curse into bless

I do it to be weird some tell me, so i cannot do it often, cause i do other stuff that i am then yelled at as being weird

The silence screams...help, i need a laugh track, theme songs, and edited scenes, of life at times, may i be blessed too in this

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

PoV are always way off, it is for the target to accept, and we cheer bravo you shot the arrow well, but be a target please and see if any arrows i aim best land, the inanimate object is matter and lives

And the flesh i am in is a corpse already that contains my soul, can I till and sing to the unbarren soil i am? Can i plow and cycle fields, to better become flesh that livea and glows??

Oh no i became bride of christ and he got me preggers by letting me create life? Hope so he haw heave ho Long Live La Lady of Young Vintage and Flaming Warmness of Kidness 

That is what mustard is must+ardens

• Like 1

6 hours ago, and then said:
9 hours ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Now, if I'm getting your post here, does it start from our look within ourselves and our self-confidence?

You aren't even close to understanding my point and I don't choose to attempt to explain it to you because of your attitude as expressed with the condescending GIFs.

Uh, for one, you're quoting me from me responding to I hide behind words, not you in post 46. So, I don't really understand how you could from that. 

I made myself clear about my opinions and the fact that I neither judge you nor accuse you of anything.

Ok, so I decided to go back to one of the original posts from you to me, And let's see how you explained it. (note: I'm not being sarcastic)

On 6/9/2017 at 6:31 PM, Stubbly_Dooright said:

From growing up through parent's choices. Which I don't blame them, but still through their choices. 

No, as an adult the responsibility for what you choose to do or not do is yours.  All I am saying is that if the end time revelation in the Bible is true and this mark is offered, choosing it would be the same as choosing to worship "not the God of heaven".  It would still be worship, though.  That's the thing that I believe most people misunderstand about the horrors of that time.  The first half of it is brought on by man's wars.  The final 3 1/2 years is supernatural.  There are very clear waypoints that signal what is coming and continuing to deny God's reality, even when one sees these things happening, that constitutes willfulness. 

Ok, if the end times is true, how can you prove it? True, as in they believed it when they wrote it, or you're saying it will definitely happen? 

And this is where an understanding skepticism would be applied here. I don't see any signs now, (though I have been asking in this thread about the differing symbolisms and how they are looked at.) And what do you think is that mark then? And how is any kind of person, any kind of believer or non-believer is going to see it? 

I think this would be a great question to answer, considering the different religious and non-religious points of views. I mean, is this suppose to be actual? 

You mentioned that due to your growing up period, your parents did not expose you to religion and it seems you thought that excused you from making a choice about the God of heaven. 

Well, first, thank you, for answering then. But..............................., I think you didn't fully understand my point. Especially when it comes how one comes to those choices. You see, when I wan't exposed to religion, I saw the world in a more of a way, that seemed to not have me believe certain 'stories' and other things usually taught to children. Because of growing up with the frame of mind of that, I can't see how one can easily believe now, based on how my mind was shaped growing up. So, to me, it's not a choice, it's a conclusion. You might see it as subjective, (understandably) but still a conclusion that comes by understanding, not by choosing. So, I'm not saying I felt excused, but expected to not believe. You might see it as making a choice, (all power to you), but I don't. I can't. Too much evidence, or lack of it, that I was coming to conclusions of growing up. 

That is not to say, it was all 'nothing happened' and I'm an Atheists. (not to say, that's not bad. It's not. It's mostly growing up with just being taught the ways of the world, the law, nature, and such by Atheist's parents and that's just as great.) But, I have had experiences, outside my parents world view, to make me think New Age. But, you have to realize, not one of it, was anything close to what is taught in church, Sunday School, and in the bible. And despite my now New Age beliefs, I cannot fathom seeing the reality or truth in this mainstream religion. 

So, I would understandably conclude, that my adult responsibility is to conclude that it isn't true in my eyes. I would feel, that I have made the right adult responsible choice of coming to the conclusion of not believing it, based on how I wasn't exposed to it to have a different point of view in excepting it, and feel I'm alright to do so. 

I'm trying to point out to you, that how can I come to a choice, when the evidence or lack there of from my childhood, has pointed out I can believe in it to choose, when the option pointed out to me, is that the revelation and all that doesn't make sense to me. 

Adult responsibility is also to be healthy in mind and body, and to choose against what you actually believe or don't believe, is not healthy. You're screwing up your psyche. I don't believe in the actions that people speak of the bible. I just don't. And, I can't go against the lack of evidence that was my childhood, to feel other wise. 

So, thank you for answering my question, and allowing me to explain it. :tu: 

I pointed out that adults make their own choices about whether to worship God or not.  This has nothing to do with any concept of religions.  Self-confidence is a wonderful thing but it has nothing to do with worshipping God.  If anything, it is a hindrance to such worship.  Pride in any form is anathema to God according to His word.  

Which, again, goes against what I feel is how one goes about their path in religion or lack of one. I don't think it's a choice. It's a conclusion. And yes, self-confidence is a wonderful thing, and yes, it can be through out everything. And one can have it with their belief, I have it a lot with mine. And I disagree, thinking it's a hindrance to worship, unless of course, you don't believe in the first place. And if that's the case, then the religion is not the path to take. :no: 

I feel, to have that self-confidence, you have to have the evidence within you to have it. If you don't, then you don't believe. I feel, it's that simple. 

So, I'm not making a choice. I'm making a conclusion, which I feel that can be extremely understood. I don't think pride has anything to do with it.

You mentioned wanting to know what signs I think are manifesting today.  They all center on the nation of Israel.  Ezekiel 37 foretells the reintroduction of the Jews to their land -written 2600 years ago by a Jew in Babylonian captivity.  Psalm 83, written by a contemporary of David, speaks of a group of nations that want remove the Jews from their land so fully that their "name is remembered no more".  Sounds eerily similar to what the Palestinians are saying today and the people groups mentioned in this Psalm match the nations today that share a physical border with Israel.  A third prophecy is about a leader called Gog, from the land of Magog, described as a nation to the "uttermost north" of Israel, that will lead a confederation of nations against Israel for the purpose of taking a "spoil".  Gog's cohort consists of Persia (Iran), Gomer (Turkey), Beth Togarmah (the 'stans nations'), Libya, Ethiopia and  Sudan.  ALL are Muslim nations today but Islam did not exist when the prophecy was written.  Of course, Gog, their leader, and armorer is Russia.  Written over 2 millennia ago, these predictions could have come from today's newspapers.  THIS is what I was referring to when I said that people in the last days will have no excuse when they reject God.  The evidence is everywhere for one willing to look at all.

Just wanted to remind, I wanted to know if there are similarities to other signs from other religions or thoughts from other beliefs. Though, I thank you for answering my other question. But, you are referring to things written in the bible, are you not? And matching them to what the bible said? And then saying 'could have'? Well, do you firmly believe that to be the firm truth. Could have could mean so much. I could say a lot of things, that I noticed, could have come from many books too, right. I would expect some to say that's coincidental, right? So, how close to some saying those signs could be coincidental as well? 

I'm not one to belittle people reading into things and seeing what they 'believe' or 'think' they see. I do that with various things myself. But, to me, that's not a foregone conclusion. So, sorry, I don't see those as signs. 

But thanks for clarifying. ;)  :tu: And I hope, now you understand why I conclude the way I do on mainstream religions. :yes: 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, I hide behind words said:

54 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Pathless truth of paradise:

https://m.facebook.com/paradisebarot/posts/1016641591786007:0

eorge Gordon Byron1788 - 1824

There is a pleasure in the pathless woods,
   There is a rapture on the lonely shore,
   There is society where none intrudes,
   By the deep Sea, and music in its roar:
   I love not Man the less, but Nature more,
   From these our interviews, in which I steal
   From all I may be, or have been before,
   To mingle with the Universe, and feel
What I can ne'er express, yet cannot all conceal.

Roll on, thou deep and dark blue Ocean--roll!
   Ten thousand fleets sweep over thee in vain;
   Man marks the earth with ruin--his control
   Stops with the shore;--upon the watery plain
   The wrecks are all thy deed, nor doth remain
   A shadow of man's ravage, save his own,
   When for a moment, like a drop of rain,
   He sinks into thy depths with bubbling groan,
Without a grave, unknelled, uncoffined, and unknown.

His steps are not upon thy paths,--thy fields
   Are not a spoil for him,--thou dost arise
   And shake him from thee; the vile strength he wields
   For earth's destruction thou dost all despise,
   Spurning him from thy bosom to the skies,
   And send'st him, shivering in thy playful spray
   And howling, to his gods, where haply lies
   His petty hope in some near port or bay,
And dashest him again to earth: —there let him lay.

Oooooh, you're quoting!

17 minutes ago, I hide behind words said:

And no system or path leads to the end where roads are gold, that is by us becoming one, hope i get over being offended when i was blessed too like...it was not a diss on you, it was clue i learned by this:

Well, that's why I wanted you to clarify. Thanks for that. You're offended? Are you? :o  Sorry. I didn't mean to. 

18 minutes ago, I hide behind words said:

All roads lead to rome

One path leads to corinth

No path leads to oue true home

By me becoming you and you me and -god goddess progeress healing- becomes us too and we become it.

If you know the way to our friendly chat of learn and teach, as you do that better than me, thanka i learn from you and feel at home more so

And even if i was outright hating, we can if we love just turn every curse into bless

I do it to be weird some tell me, so i cannot do it often, cause i do other stuff that i am then yelled at as being weird

The silence screams...help, i need a laugh track, theme songs, and edited scenes, of life at times, may i be blessed too in this

Ahh, I see. :yes: (or I think I do. That could be my slight learning disability) So, if I'm getting this right, there are similarities in varous beliefs. Right? :cry: 

14 minutes ago, I hide behind words said:

PoV are always way off, it is for the target to accept, and we cheer bravo you shot the arrow well, but be a target please and see if any arrows i aim best land, the inanimate object is matter and lives

And the flesh i am in is a corpse already that contains my soul, can I till and sing to the unbarren soil i am? Can i plow and cycle fields, to better become flesh that livea and glows??

Oh no i became bride of christ and he got me preggers by letting me create life? Hope so he haw heave ho Long Live La Lady of Young Vintage and Flaming Warmness of Kidness 

That is what mustard is must+ardens

Ah, well, I applaud your beliefs and how it guides you. I don't see it for myself, because I don't feel we end up that way. I get too many 'messages' if you will, from my belief to tell me differently. Don't worry, that's just my subjective feeling on that. :) 

Question, why do you keep going back to my past 'Lady Mustard' moniker? I'm confused. Unless, this is something that part of your point, and it's all coincidental? 

• Like 1

My number is 0001000. I kid you not. This was the admission number when i was first admitted into the Royal Adelaide Hospital and remains my number for all subsequent consults and treatments there. I thought it was pretty farsighted of them to allocate a number representing my importance :) 

There are those who argue that the papacy is the beast, and that  the number 666 is the number (  in roman numerals)  you get when you use the pope's official  latin  title 

http://biblelight.net/666.htm

Mind you you can prove almost anything using numerology.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2017 at 9:09 AM, and then said:

You seem to be saying that you can take a mark -whatever it is - as a sign of loyalty that enables you to live in comparative comfort but because you don't really believe it, it doesn't "count"?

No, I'm saying there is a difference between VISA and a Discover card. The Mark could be VISA, and believers could still use Discover card. It is like saying having a charge card is the mark of the Beast,when actually the Mark evolves from the charge card, and then one card takes over all others. Yet still having the card/mark (chip or whatever) of the original account doesn't necessarily mean you are Marked. See what I mean?

All debit and credit cards are going to a "chipped" card now. Do we stop using the card because of the chip? Myself, I'll stop when it becomes obvious that the Beast is the one Marking people. So far, I've not seen that happening. 

• Like 1

On 6/12/2017 at 4:49 AM, Emma_Acid said:

We live in the 21st century. This is a meaningless question.

Lol, no the point is that the Book has lasted up to the 21st century, about 2000 years, as it prophesized it would.  Apart from that, the Jewish scriptures which have lasted thousands of years longer, as they propesized they would.  That's why I said, it's either by man or God that chose it to continue as it said it would.  Anyway, it's part of history up to our present date, and to deny the impact it's had and still has would be to deny the truth of how we are here today.  Wars and blood and prisons and everything else, along with the prophesy and knowledge increasing.

4 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

My number is 0001000. I kid you not. This was the admission number when i was first admitted into the Royal Adelaide Hospital and remains my number for all subsequent consults and treatments there. I thought it was pretty farsighted of them to allocate a number representing my importance :) 

There are those who argue that the papacy is the beast, and that  the number 666 is the number (  in roman numerals)  you get when you use the pope's official  latin  title 

http://biblelight.net/666.htm

Mind you you can prove almost anything using numerology.

That's a neat number.  Though, I think with the papacy, it's evil and heretical, but it's pretty much the way church has gone, Peter the cornerstone of the church denied Christ 3 times before the Rooster crowed twice, so the church should reflect that.  Though, I think it's a ritualistic thing, and likes to reflect upon that.  Aside from grappling from power, it acts wicked because if you aren't wicked you can't rule your portion of the world.

On 6/10/2017 at 11:25 PM, and then said:

No, as an adult the responsibility for what you choose to do or not do is yours.  All I am saying is that if the end time revelation in the Bible is true and this mark is offered, choosing it would be the same as choosing to worship "not the God of heaven".  It would still be worship, though.  That's the thing that I believe most people misunderstand about the horrors of that time.  The first half of it is brought on by man's wars.  The final 3 1/2 years is supernatural.  There are very clear waypoints that signal what is coming and continuing to deny God's reality, even when one sees these things happening, that constitutes willfulness. 

That's a lot how I see it. The Beast will be a God on Earth, worshiped like Pharaohs of old. His divinity not questioned. I think we're already heading in this direction with worship of famous celebrities, and giving them authority and influence that they really don't deserve other then by being famous.

16 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

No, I'm saying there is a difference between VISA and a Discover card. The Mark could be VISA, and believers could still use Discover card. It is like saying having a charge card is the mark of the Beast,when actually the Mark evolves from the charge card, and then one card takes over all others. Yet still having the card/mark (chip or whatever) of the original account doesn't necessarily mean you are Marked. See what I mean?

All debit and credit cards are going to a "chipped" card now. Do we stop using the card because of the chip? Myself, I'll stop when it becomes obvious that the Beast is the one Marking people. So far, I've not seen that happening. 

Holy crap! I love this! This seems to answer my question too. So, Die, is it a helpful metaphor or symbolic hint?

By the way, as someone who works in retail, what a way for me to really understand this, by using the cc chip situation. Great point. :tu: I have come across customers who really hate the chip and the machines. (seriously, the machines are faster now) and some are assuming they will refuse the chip, which I believe they can't. I thought the law was mandating this, but it's the banks.  Anyways, I don't have the heart to tell them they will eventually have to. I guess, I can understand trying to avoid it, but you have to live with it. 

So, is this what it is, living with some symbolic mark? 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Okay, now I understand.  I agree that the technology that is used for the mark is unimportant.  It will be made very clear to people what they are choosing but it might not seem clear to them at the time.  This chip technology seems to be the most likely candidate at this time to become the mark but it will first become ubiquitous in the culture and seem harmless.  It will only be after it is used to "pledge allegiance" to some new world government and its leader that it becomes THE mark.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2017 at 4:05 AM, I hide behind words said:

And i run hands greedily like some...

You seem either insane or possibly sleep deprived.  Seriously, what you write is beyond bizarre and is lacking in even the most basic context.

• Like 2

On 6/12/2017 at 5:04 AM, I hide behind words said:

Preview of next post for @and then

ONE WORLD RELIGION: POPE FRANCIS SAYS ALL MAJOR RELIGIONS ARE ‘MEETING GOD IN DIFFERENT WAYS’

“We are all children of God”.

DIFFERENT WAYS’

“We are all children of God”.

Michael Snyder | End Of The American Dream - JANUARY 11, 20160 Comments 

A...

Edited just now by I hide behind words

B...

C...

D..

If this pontiff actually believes that then he does not believe in Christ's words.  Christ made it very clear that there is only one way to the father.  "I am the way, the truth, and the life.  No man comes to the Father except through me".  Maybe this Pope thinks the God of all Creation isn't "inclusive" enough?

37 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Holy crap! I love this! This seems to answer my question too. So, Die, is it a helpful metaphor or symbolic hint?

By the way, as someone who works in retail, what a way for me to really understand this, by using the cc chip situation. Great point. :tu: I have come across customers who really hate the chip and the machines. (seriously, the machines are faster now) and some are assuming they will refuse the chip, which I believe they can't. I thought the law was mandating this, but it's the banks.  Anyways, I don't have the heart to tell them they will eventually have to. I guess, I can understand trying to avoid it, but you have to live with it. 

Probably both. I suspect that the Mark will involve access to banking from the way it is described in the Bible.

It will be symbolic and practical. Like with the various airlines trying to get your business and Loyalty, yet their card works the same as anyone else's. Imagine that there eventually is only one airline... and the airline demands your praises for them. Then we'll know when the Beast has arrived and is taking control.

These things seem to move slowly. Like with the takeover of all the mom and pop video stores by Blockbuster and Hollywood Video years ago. It used to be that every rental store was independently owned and the thought that every store would be Blockbuster was ridiculous. However that's what happened effectively. It was a change in technology with video capable phones and streaming videos, that put the video rental business out of business. Point is though that takeover can be gradual and unnoticed. And thus why Christians need to remain vigilant. 

Not that today's fundamentalist Christians even understand what they should be looking for....;)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, and then said:

Okay, now I understand.  I agree that the technology that is used for the mark is unimportant.  It will be made very clear to people what they are choosing but it might not seem clear to them at the time.  This chip technology seems to be the most likely candidate at this time to become the mark but it will first become ubiquitous in the culture and seem harmless.  It will only be after it is used to "pledge allegiance" to some new world government and its leader that it becomes THE mark.

The other thing I think might end up being the Mark is phone technology. Imagine if someone controlled your phone as much as you yourself do? How much influence would they wield? 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, and then said:

You seem either insane or possibly sleep deprived.  Seriously, what you write is beyond bizarre and is lacking in even the most basic context.

I don't think so, what he replied to me oddly was accurate to what I was doing 20 mins before I logged on, and other things so much that I went out looking for that 70's or 80's person until the sun set, walking around downtown that day.

1 hour ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

There's a lot of things with the number of the beast on it.  It says in Revelation that some people will just use the number of the beast.  I guess over their stores or something.  It's in Linux in the permission's default number, on certain bus lines, 9's and 6's, on the barcode the first bar,  middle and last mean 6, most barcodes have that, and the whole credit cards and chip thing looks a lot like it, with bit coins and wands and everything else.  I'm pretty sure, it seems someone is messing with us, doing it on purpose, because I'm sure they know about the six hundred three score and six prophecy.  You'd think they wouldn't do it in such high places like that, because the Social Security numbers have a law or rule or something, not sure which, where they can't use 666 on a certain part of the number.  You can get your SSN changed legally if you have consecutive 6's in your number.

I think it's like Alexander the Great and the Gordian Knot.  Alexander made it to the Gordian knot which was rumored whoever untied it would rule Eurasia.  Well, he didn't have time, so he took out his sword and cut in, which I guess qualified as untying it, and went on the conquer.  That's how I'm starting to feel about it, just cutting through the BS and moving on.

• Like 1

Biblically the beast is a being, probably the anti christ. The mark of the beast is far less clear although the number seems to be attached/connected, to the  being in some way  I think barcoding and even microchipping devices are  actually irrelevant. The mark will be something more  more universally recognisable to  some one from christ's time right through till today  

15 hours ago, Opus Magnus said:

Lol, no the point is that the Book has lasted up to the 21st century, about 2000 years, as it prophesized it would.  Apart from that, the Jewish scriptures which have lasted thousands of years longer, as they propesized they would.  That's why I said, it's either by man or God that chose it to continue as it said it would.  Anyway, it's part of history up to our present date, and to deny the impact it's had and still has would be to deny the truth of how we are here today.  Wars and blood and prisons and everything else, along with the prophesy and knowledge increasing.

This demonstrates just how little you know of history.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Opus Magnus said:

Lol, no the point is that the Book has lasted up to the 21st century, about 2000 years, as it prophesized it would.  

Total. Nonsense.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Emma_Acid said:

Total. Nonsense.

What do you mean total nonsense?  Do you deny the crusades, inquisitions, an everything else happened?

On 6/11/2017 at 9:00 AM, and then said:

All of this is about those on the earth AT THAT TIME.  If you happen to be alive during that period of time, you will be amazed to see that millions will refuse to take the mark, knowing they will be executed if they refuse.  I guess they will be considered worthy of mockery.  At least, for a short while.  So be it.

You must cheer for Longshanks in Braveheart.

longshanks2.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Opus Magnus said:

What do you mean total nonsense?  Do you deny the crusades, inquisitions, an everything else happened?

Where is the prophecy that 'the Book' will last to the 21st Century?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

Where is the prophecy that 'the Book' will last to the 21st Century?

https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/The-Gentiles-Conversion

Has a lot of them, but there are more.  The one I'm thinking of is somewhere around Isaiah or later, but it has been accomplished.  By God, or by man?  The Jews are known everywhere.

Also, there's one in the Gospel or somewhere saying the book won't be destroyed.  It may seem like common sense, or a dream, but really it's kind of remarkable it claims these things would happen, that it would last and spread out, and that it has.

19 minutes ago, Opus Magnus said:

https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/The-Gentiles-Conversion

Has a lot of them, but there are more. 

Actually I don't see a single one of those quotes that talks about any time frame, which is what I thought you said was prophesized somewhere.  If Jesus returned 20 years after he died (which would be more in line with comments he himself made), would that be inconsistent with whatever prophecy you are referring to?

Also, there's one in the Gospel or somewhere saying the book won't be destroyed.  It may seem like common sense, or a dream, but really it's kind of remarkable it claims these things would happen, that it would last and spread out, and that it has.

I don't find it remarkable at all, it's easy to retrofit vague prophecies after the fact.  If you think the Bible is remarkable in this regard, you should check out that Nostradamus chap.

• Like 5

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked