Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mark of the Beast

Opus Magnus

Mark of the Beast  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Would you take or receive the mark of the beast six hundred three score and six in your right hand or forehead?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, Liquid Gardens said:

Actually I don't see a single one of those quotes that talks about any time frame, which is what I thought you said was prophesized somewhere.  If Jesus returned 20 years after he died (which would be more in line with comments he himself made), would that be inconsistent with whatever prophecy you are referring to?

I don't find it remarkable at all, it's easy to retrofit vague prophecies after the fact.  If you think the Bible is remarkable in this regard, you should check out that Nostradamus chap.

Umm, there's like 20 of them.   You are just trying to refute it because it doesn't give an end, it says from then on, and it has from then on to present, it doesn't give a finite frame.  I really don't know how to get along with what you're saying, because it's like, idk, common sense to understand it.  There's like 20 different verses there talking about it.  It doesn't mention the 21st century, it says onward indefinite which includes the 21st century, it just doesn't give an end, and that's what has happened in physical reality.  There's really no arguing with you type of people though, there is a term for it, but I wouldn't say it on these boards.

2 hours ago, Mystic Crusader said:

You must cheer for Longshanks in Braveheart.

longshanks2.jpg

Image result for freedom gif

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Opus Magnus said:

Umm, there's like 20 of them.   You are just trying to refute it because it doesn't give an end, it says from then on, and it has from then on to present, it doesn't give a finite frame.  I really don't know how to get along with what you're saying, because it's like, idk, common sense to understand it.  There's like 20 different verses there talking about it.  It doesn't mention the 21st century, it says onward indefinite which includes the 21st century, it just doesn't give an end, and that's what has happened in physical reality.  There's really no arguing with you type of people though, there is a term for it, but I wouldn't say it on these boards.

No where in that link you gave does it say "from then on" nor "from then on to present".

• Like 2

Just now, Imaginarynumber1 said:

No where in that link you gave does it say "from then on" nor "from then on to present".

Oh my God.  You have to use your brain, the language doesn't say it exactly what you want.  In Genesis, the first one, God said he'd bless the seed of Abraham, and his seed would spread throughout all the gentiles.  There's like 20 of them all throughout the Bible in that link.  You see, it has a start, and it doesn't say it has an end.  It says it, what I said, not what you said.  Don't mistake what I said, and what they said.

2 minutes ago, Opus Magnus said:

Oh my God.  You have to use your brain, the language doesn't say it exactly what you want. 

In Genesis, the first one, God said he'd bless the seed of Abraham, and his seed would spread throughout all the gentiles.  There's like 20 of them all throughout the Bible in that link.  You see, it has a start, and it doesn't say it has an end.  It says it, what I said, not what you said.  Don't mistake what I said, and what they said.

So now you don't mean what you say, but what you meant was what they said, even though they never said it, but you really did say it. Even though you didn't.

• Like 2

So now you don't mean what you say, but what you meant was what they said, even though they never said it, but you really did say it. Even though you didn't.

No, now you're trying to twist my words.

1 minute ago, Opus Magnus said:

Not in the slightest. 

21 minutes ago, Opus Magnus said:

You said the above. That the link contains the following. It does not.

8 minutes ago, Opus Magnus said:

Oh my God.  You have to use your brain, the language doesn't say it exactly what you want.  In Genesis, the first one, God said he'd bless the seed of Abraham, and his seed would spread throughout all the gentiles.  There's like 20 of them all throughout the Bible in that link.  You see, it has a start, and it doesn't say it has an end.  It says it, what I said, not what you said. 

Now you say that it doesn't actually say those words. (Even though it's not what I want it, but rather what you specifically said)

What you said what that "it says from then on and it has from then on to present". It has neither.

So you said it, but didn't mean it like that, but really you did cause you said that it saiys what you said. 

Don't mistake what I said, and what they said.

But then you didn't say it....

or did you.....

• Like 3

No, you have it all wrong.  I didn't mean me, I meant the scriptures aren't saying exactly the way you want to hear it.

Ok, I gave you the source.  It helps if you read the actual Bible, but it's long so I don't expect you to read it for this.  Because if you read it you would understand what is being said all throughout it.

I'll paraphrase.  God promises the Jews to multiply them over the whole earth, it goes on throughout the whole old testament, he gets mad at them, comes near completely destroying them, but promises them again that he will spread their seed over the whole world to the gentiles.  That the whole world would know them and their religion, and the whole world would know about the god JEHOVA.

Well, this has happened, pretty much the whole world knows who the Jews are, the whole world almost has access to and knowledge of the Bible, a lot of people know his secret name.  From an old book dating B.C.

Unless you're arguing the Jewish scriptures are all forgeries, which would take a whole topic and a lot of proving.  There is evidence on both sides, I guess, but it hasn't been proven in all these thousands of years.  Pretty sure though, the documents are sure to be thousands of years old in some cases.  Do you want to argue that?  That they forged the documents all in the dark ages?

It's the world religion now, I don't think there's a bigger one, all the other ones are based on the Jews, except maybe Hinduism, or Buddhism.

3 minutes ago, Opus Magnus said:

No, you have it all wrong.  I didn't mean me, I meant the scriptures aren't saying exactly the way you want to hear it.

Ok, I gave you the source.  It helps if you read the actual Bible, but it's long so I don't expect you to read it for this.  Because if you read it you would understand what is being said all throughout it.

I'll paraphrase.  God promises the Jews to multiply them over the whole earth, it goes on throughout the whole old testament, he gets mad at them, comes near completely destroying them, but promises them again that he will spread their seed over the whole world to the gentiles.  That the whole world would know them and their religion, and the whole world would know about the god JEHOVA.

Well, this has happened, pretty much the whole world knows who the Jews are, the whole world almost has access to and knowledge of the Bible, a lot of people know his secret name.  From an old book dating B.C.

Unless you're arguing the Jewish scriptures are all forgeries, which would take a whole topic and a lot of proving.  There is evidence on both sides, I guess, but it hasn't been proven in all these thousands of years.  Pretty sure though, the documents are sure to be thousands of years old in some cases.  Do you want to argue that?  That they forged the documents all in the dark ages?

It's the world religion now, I don't think there's a bigger one, all the other ones are based on the Jews, except maybe Hinduism, or Buddhism.

It's not about what I want to hear. You said that your link provided scriptures that said "from then on" and "from then on to present".

The same idea but in different words may, in fact be there in those scriptures (I can't be bother to actually read them. So boring. Makes me want to slit my writs. Also, I really don't care if I'm being totally honest) but, as per MY ONLY ARGUMENT ABOUT THIS, it does not say "from then on" and "from then on to present".

It's not about what I want to hear. You said that your link provided scriptures that said "from then on" and "from then on to present".

The same idea but in different words may, in fact be there in those scriptures (I can't be bother to actually read them. So boring. Makes me want to slit my writs. Also, I really don't care if I'm being totally honest) but, as per MY ONLY ARGUMENT ABOUT THIS, it does not say "from then on" and "from then on to present".

Well, you mean the source I put up?  Why are you arguing about my sources if you didn't bother to read my sources?  I can't help it you can't understand what they say either.  You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

6 minutes ago, Opus Magnus said:

Well, you mean the source I put up?  Why are you arguing about my sources if you didn't bother to read my sources?  I can't help it you can't understand what they say either.  You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

It's not about understanding. I understand plenty of things that are boring as ****.

I may not of read it, but i know how to search a web page for words and phrases. I'm not scared of technology, like a few people in this thread.

• Like 2

Well, anyway, sorry I don't have anymore time today.  God bless, btw it's easier to read the OT if you read the NT first.

31 minutes ago, Opus Magnus said:

Umm, there's like 20 of them.   You are just trying to refute it because it doesn't give an end, it says from then on, and it has from then on to present, it doesn't give a finite frame. 

Here was your claim that Emma (increasingly accurately, based on your responses) called 'Total. Nonsense' : "Lol, no the point is that the Book has lasted up to the 21st century, about 2000 years, as it prophesized it would".  So we've cleared up that the prophecy you are referring to wasn't talking about any time frame.  Is the prophecy just that 'the Book' will last until Christ's return/judgment day?

Obviously a prediction that the Book or anything for that matter will last for an indefinite amount of time isn't actually a prediction, it's always true.

There's like 20 different verses there talking about it.

Where?  Name one.  Your link lists verses about Gentile conversion, not prophecies about the Book lasting, the words 'book' and 'scripture' aren't in any of those verses.  The first verse listed is, "Genesis 22:18  "In your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed, because you have obeyed My voice.".  Where's the prophecy about the Book lasting forever?  I'm missing where something 'remarkable' has been predicted.

There's really no arguing with you type of people though, there is a term for it, but I wouldn't say it on these boards.

You mean the type of people who assume when you make a claim that you can back it up with something? 

My own reason for bothering to ask is that I'm currently of the belief that Jesus thought the end was coming within a generation or so of when he lived, which it didn't.  So I'm curious about other things that may be in the Bible that may suggest that the world was going to last much longer than that, which I'm unaware of.  So when I thought you connected the 21st century to a 'prophecy', that would be an example I was looking for, but I think we've cleared up that whatever remarkable prophecy you are referring to is nowhere near as specific as that.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Opus Magnus said:

Well, anyway, sorry I don't have anymore time today.  God bless, btw it's easier to read the OT if you read the NT first.

Why do you religious zealot always resort to "read the bible". Do you think that reading will make me care about it or your god? Cause it won't. Because I have read it. Several different versions, in fact.

Spoilers: It sucks. 

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Like 5

On 6/13/2017 at 2:18 PM, DieChecker said:

Probably both. I suspect that the Mark will involve access to banking from the way it is described in the Bible.

It will be symbolic and practical. Like with the various airlines trying to get your business and Loyalty, yet their card works the same as anyone else's. Imagine that there eventually is only one airline... and the airline demands your praises for them. Then we'll know when the Beast has arrived and is taking control.

These things seem to move slowly. Like with the takeover of all the mom and pop video stores by Blockbuster and Hollywood Video years ago. It used to be that every rental store was independently owned and the thought that every store would be Blockbuster was ridiculous. However that's what happened effectively. It was a change in technology with video capable phones and streaming videos, that put the video rental business out of business. Point is though that takeover can be gradual and unnoticed. And thus why Christians need to remain vigilant. 

Not that today's fundamentalist Christians even understand what they should be looking for....;)

I think I understand. So, in a sense, (hyperthetically) who would want that mark, if it's suffering towards others in the end. Right?

On 6/13/2017 at 2:57 PM, Opus Magnus said:

I don't think so, what he replied to me oddly was accurate to what I was doing 20 mins before I logged on, and other things so much that I went out looking for that 70's or 80's person until the sun set, walking around downtown that day.

There's a lot of things with the number of the beast on it.  It says in Revelation that some people will just use the number of the beast.  I guess over their stores or something.  It's in Linux in the permission's default number, on certain bus lines, 9's and 6's, on the barcode the first bar,  middle and last mean 6, most barcodes have that, and the whole credit cards and chip thing looks a lot like it, with bit coins and wands and everything else.  I'm pretty sure, it seems someone is messing with us, doing it on purpose, because I'm sure they know about the six hundred three score and six prophecy.  You'd think they wouldn't do it in such high places like that, because the Social Security numbers have a law or rule or something, not sure which, where they can't use 666 on a certain part of the number.  You can get your SSN changed legally if you have consecutive 6's in your number.

I think it's like Alexander the Great and the Gordian Knot.  Alexander made it to the Gordian knot which was rumored whoever untied it would rule Eurasia.  Well, he didn't have time, so he took out his sword and cut in, which I guess qualified as untying it, and went on the conquer.  That's how I'm starting to feel about it, just cutting through the BS and moving on.

Could be. Or, it pretty much some who want to do anything to get the business, and they don't realize the pains they create to do so. I see that in businesses, that do what you showed in example. 

2 hours ago, Liquid Gardens said:

I don't find it remarkable at all, it's easy to retrofit vague prophecies after the fact.  If you think the Bible is remarkable in this regard, you should check out that Nostradamus chap.

I personally don't believe in Nostradamus. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:
50 minutes ago, Opus Magnus said:

Not in the slightest. 

1 hour ago, Opus Magnus said:

You said the above. That the link contains the following. It does not.

55 minutes ago, Opus Magnus said:

Oh my God.  You have to use your brain, the language doesn't say it exactly what you want.  In Genesis, the first one, God said he'd bless the seed of Abraham, and his seed would spread throughout all the gentiles.  There's like 20 of them all throughout the Bible in that link.  You see, it has a start, and it doesn't say it has an end.  It says it, what I said, not what you said. 

Now you say that it doesn't actually say those words. (Even though it's not what I want it, but rather what you specifically said)

What you said what that "it says from then on and it has from then on to present". It has neither.

So you said it, but didn't mean it like that, but really you did cause you said that it saiys what you said. 

Don't mistake what I said, and what they said.

But then you didn't say it....

or did you.....

Here's the thing, if wordings and such are strongly open to interpretation, then one cannot insist what it says if could mean a lot of things. I think especially when you have something written in the way past, where language has changed within each of them during those years. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Why do you religious zealot always resort to "read the bible". Do you think that reading will make me care about it or your god? Cause it won't. Because I have read it. Several different versions, in fact.

Spoilers: It sucks. 

How can you go out on a sunny day and deny God's handiwork? You can see that 360° dome holding back the ocean of Heaven, yet you still deny.

Psalm 14:1

"1 Fools say in their hearts, "There is no God."
They are corrupt, they do abominable deeds; there is no one who does good."

Psalm 19:1-10

"1 The heavens are telling the glory of God;
and the firmament proclaims his handiwork. 2 Day to day pours forth speech,
and night to night declares knowledge. 3 There is no speech, nor are there words;
their voice is not heard;
4 yet their voice goes out through all the earth,
and their words to the end of the world.In the heavens he has set a tent for the sun,
5 which comes out like a bridegroom from his wedding canopy,
and like a strong man runs its course with joy. 6 Its rising is from the end of the heavens, and its circuit to the end of them; and nothing is hid from its heat.
7 The law of the LORD is perfect,
reviving the soul;
the decrees of the LORD are sure,
making wise the simple;
8 the precepts of the LORD are right,
rejoicing the heart;
the commandment of the LORD is clear,
enlightening the eyes; 9 the fear of the LORD is pure,
enduring forever;
the ordinances of the LORD are true
and righteous altogether.
10 More to be desired are they than gold,
even much fine gold; sweeter also than honey,
and drippings of the honeycomb."

54 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Here's the thing, if wordings and such are strongly open to interpretation, then one cannot insist what it says if could mean a lot of things. I think especially when you have something written in the way past, where language has changed within each of them during those years. 

All i'm say is, don't say "Here's a link and here's what it says" when it clearly doesn't say such a thing. I'm not interested in having a semiotic conversation. 

1 hour ago, Opus Magnus said:

I didn't mean me, I meant the scriptures aren't saying exactly the way you want to hear it.

This is a common complaint with most here.  When mention of prophecy is made, they mock it because it isn't specific enough.  As in, written in modern English, with day and date references.  Approaching it in this way is ridiculous, of course, but they'll use any excuse to mock a believer.  As time passes and more and more of the prophetic predictions begin to take shape, it will be far more difficult for rational people to so openly mock.  The two most obvious predictions that seem to be coming into focus are the total destruction of Damascus so as to make it uninhabitable and the confederation of Russia and multiple Islamic nations attacking Israel.  The prediction of such a coalition to attack Israel is no stretch, today, but to say they will lose spectacularly and that the home nations of the coalition soldiers will be destroyed by fire also...

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, davros of skaro said:

How can you go out on a sunny day and deny God's handiwork? You can see that 360° dome holding back the ocean of Heaven, yet you still deny.

Psalm 14:1

"1 Fools say in their hearts, "There is no God."
They are corrupt, they do abominable deeds; there is no one who does good."

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I guess i'm a fool

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

All i'm say is, don't say "Here's a link and here's what it says" when it clearly doesn't say such a thing. I'm not interested in having a semiotic conversation. 

It wasn't something on what you said. I agree, one must read their links before using them to back up. I did go to the link it self, and well, I couldn't make heads or tails of it. That pretty much was my point. There is a lot of things, written long ago, that wouldn't be understood by everyone. Writers of that time, Tarot readings, and various things could be left open to interpretation, that one might think it says something, when another does not. In other words, I don't think one can assume it says something, when it's not fully saying it. 

But since, I couldn't make heads or tails of it, I believe you. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Opus Magnus said:

What do you mean total nonsense?  Do you deny the crusades, inquisitions, an everything else happened?

What? No, the bible is nonsense. It is the hallucinatory ramblings of Iron Age desert dwellers, it is not a collection of accurate or even relevant prophecies. 

• Like 5

13 hours ago, and then said:

This is a common complaint with most here.  When mention of prophecy is made, they mock it because it isn't specific enough.  As in, written in modern English, with day and date references.  Approaching it in this way is ridiculous, of course, but they'll use any excuse to mock a believer.  As time passes and more and more of the prophetic predictions begin to take shape, it will be far more difficult for rational people to so openly mock.  The two most obvious predictions that seem to be coming into focus are the total destruction of Damascus so as to make it uninhabitable and the confederation of Russia and multiple Islamic nations attacking Israel.  The prediction of such a coalition to attack Israel is no stretch, today, but to say they will lose spectacularly and that the home nations of the coalition soldiers will be destroyed by fire also...

Why are you still clinging to the same "predictions" if more and more are taking shape?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, and then said:

This is a common complaint with most here.  When mention of prophecy is made, they mock it because it isn't specific enough.  As in, written in modern English, with day and date references.  Approaching it in this way is ridiculous, of course, but they'll use any excuse to mock a believer. 

As usual, that's a rather narrow and convenient perception of those who disagree with your ideas about biblical prophecies.  No, no one's asking that they be written in English, just that they be clear enough to determine if the prophecy actually occurred.  The point you consistently avoid is the fact that some believers have been saying the world is going to end because they see biblical 'prophecies' being fulfilled for about 2000 years now, and the reason they think that is that the prophecies are ridiculously vague and written in poetic language.  When prophecies can be seen to be in process of being fulfilled at almost any time in history, it's not critics that need any 'excuses'.  Again, you should really be stunned by Nostradamus if you think biblical prophecies are compelling.

When a supposed prophecy can't narrow down when it will occur within the time-frame of 2 millennia and counting, yea, that's what rational people would likely term 'not specific enough'.

15 hours ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Me either, same way I view biblical 'prophecies'.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

When a supposed prophecy can't narrow down when it will occur within the time-frame of 2 millennia and counting, yea, that's what rational people would likely term 'not specific enough'.

15 hours ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Me either, same way I view biblical 'prophecies'.

That's what I have noticed. Those who state biblical prophecies complete with them wording them and other such prophecies like the one's I have heard and read of Nostradamus, it's all vague to me. After looking at each prophecies and how they are worded, it's all a 'it could be' and not a definite actual description of an event suppose to be happening. And when actual events do happen, that and the wording of a prophecy get compared with the mention that buildings in the actual event were being described by a term in the prophecy. In the end, I find it all to be conjecture. Unless a thousand year old prophecy actually described the Washington monument was going to be attacked in 1999 in full detail, then I would think you can't link the prophecy to the event of today. 

That's why I don't get all :cry: to those who 'predict' the coming disasters from 'prophecies', because one, the descriptions seem mostly way off, and the prophecies from the past, over and over, end up being wrong. The 'Millennium' scare, 2012, Harold Camping,  and other 'end of the world' cults, I see this just produce the opposite results. :no: 

I remember an Orson Wells documentary on Nostradumus, and even though it went through what could have been predicted from his predictions, (which looked like conjecture), I remember Wells also stating there were a lot of predictions that haven't come true, and one would have to take it through their own common sense. ( I guess after the 'War of the Worlds' incident, I guess he has to be careful. ;)  ) 

• Like 3

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked