Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mark of the Beast

Opus Magnus

Mark of the Beast  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Would you take or receive the mark of the beast six hundred three score and six in your right hand or forehead?

• Yes
    • No

1 minute ago, Opus Magnus said:

Jesus is the Christ, the Morning Star, a force in between in creation.  He's supposed to be my friend, but he hasn't been doing much lately, at least not what I like.  Whatever, who is he to you?

Well, if you're trying to suggest that Jesus is Satan as in what Isaiah prophesied about I can see why you feel like you are void of the Holy Spirit.

Jesus is my Savior.

51 minutes ago, Opus Magnus said:

I don't know.  But, I looked up the Nicolaitans, because it mentions them in Revelation, but it doesn't say much about them besides they have a doctine and Christ hates it.  But, what I found online was that the Nicolaitan was a guy, and the apostles rebuked him because they said he was too jealous about his wife.  So, he went ahead, to prove he wasn't jealous and let his wife sleep around on him, like swingers I guess, and then their doctrine is the thing where they say, "All I have to do is love and believe in Christ and his name, and I'm saved."  Like, they don't have to obey any laws or do anything else but say Christ, and they also have a reputation of being mean to their children, really strict and punishing them to exceed.  I'm not trying to add words to Revelation, but I needed to know who they are, and I think that's just about what wikipedia says about them, besides they were a gnostic sect.

Anyway, I know people like that, who just hold onto that one verse about Jesus, and say they're saved.  They are capable of really bad things.  Anyway, Christ hates that doctrine.  I think of a counter verse to it, where jesus says men will come up to him saying, "master master, don't you remember me?  I rebuked demons and healed the sick in your name."  But, Jesus says, "No I don't know you."  Because they didn't do the will of the father.

Anyway, that's a scary thing, but anyway, also be wary when apostles rebuke you, because I think they can do damage with doing that if you're like the Nicolaitan and make God hate you for trying to please men.  That's why I kind of try to repent that whole side of the Bible.  Like Acts, trampling on the silver of Diana.  However, Paul, he says to salute Artemis, and Apollo, and Perseus, and others.  Albeit, he's talking about actual people named after those gods, I don't know those people, so he also says to salute Olympus. 

I've also though, in the Torah, when God says he will decide a King for the Jews.  That eventually the jews will start pining to have a king over them, like all the nations around them.  Then they aren't to decide who the king will be, but God will decide.

So, God chose the Morning Star, the Venus, the Christ, apparently God chose that Pagan God to be theh King of the Jews.  Just a thought that passes by.  It can get away with it in the laws of the Torah if you fall it through the slots right.  Apparently, he just finally came down to earth.

I asked you who is Jesus to you after reading  your post.

http://biblehub.com/kjv/matthew/24.htm

https://www.bible.com/bible/114/MAT.24.nkjv#!

2 hours ago, Ellapennella said:

I don't think I'm wrong about your intentions here. My Statement is a biblical one , you can research it if you care so much about it. 

edited to remove link.

No, I do believe you're wrong about my intentions.  But, that's ok.  I think you just answered my question inadvertently.  You're statement is biblical, so it's subjective.    Not everyone can get it.  

Thats all. ;)  

On 6/18/2017 at 0:09 PM, Ellapennella said:

Well, if you're trying to suggest that Jesus is Satan as in what Isaiah prophesied about I can see why you feel like you are void of the Holy Spirit.

Jesus is my Savior.

Well, OK, I'm not talking about Isaiah, I'm talking about Revelation chapter 22 verse 16:

16 “I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you[a] this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star.”

17 The Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let the one who hears say, “Come!” Let the one who is thirsty come; and let the one who wishes take the free gift of the water of life.

I don't think it calls Lucifer the Morning Star in Isaiah, I think it calls him the Son of the morning.  That's kind of a difference, because there's a lot to do with the morning, the Morning Star isn't always there.  Another thing that bothers me is when people try to give what is Jesus' to Lucifer in the Bible. 

Anyway, I don't see why you'll complain about my cross, when you are using a blazing idol for your avatar.

Paul asks, "What does Jesus have to do with Belial?"

Well, Jesus never physically touches the line of David, David is on Joseph's side of the family, Mary and Elizabeth are descendents of Aaron the High Priest.  So, by blood it is Aaron that Jesus is related to, the Levite.  So, Jesus isn't Judah, he is Levi.  Levi is greatly plagued by the sons of Belial in that story, that parable, in Judges.  Where, at the end it says as it's command, that nothing has ever happened like this before, so therefore take advice and speak your minds.  Anyway, David is also plauged by a son of Belial, but Solomon does away with him later after the death of David, because he transgressions the peace agreement they made.  So, after 14 generations, I'd hope the iniquity would clear, that David plotted the death of Urijah, so he could steal his wife, and there comes Solomon, the illegitimate King.  I think we're blessed that Jesus doesn't touch the Blood of David on the line of Solomon for that reason.  I wonder how in the end that Urijah will forgive King David?  Anyway, if you read the Dead Sea Scrolls they take a lot of emphasis on Belial.

3 hours ago, Opus Magnus said:

I don't think it calls Lucifer the Morning Star in Isaiah, I think it calls him the Son of the morning.  That's kind of a difference, because there's a lot to do with the morning, the Morning Star isn't always there.  Another thing that bothers me is when people try to give what is Jesus' to Lucifer in the Bible. 

I think you are right. If I remember correctly, though the King James uses the same term for both, in the original Greek there are two different words used. This argument that.... (Jesus = Morning Star) + (Lucifer = Morning Star) = (Jesus = Lucifer).... is a relatively modern thing that people are throwing up, and it is ridiculous. 

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

I think you are right. If I remember correctly, though the King James uses the same term for both, in the original Greek there are two different words used. This argument that.... (Jesus = Morning Star) + (Lucifer = Morning Star) = (Jesus = Lucifer).... is a relatively modern thing that people are throwing up, and it is ridiculous. 

Considering the word is Latin and appears only once in the KJV Bible and seems to refer to the fallen dynasty of Babylon, entirely too much has been made of it's questionable significance. Jesus or Jesu, is the Greek form of the Hebrew, Jeshua or Yeshua, our Joshua, and means "The Lord is our Salvation.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Opus Magnus said:

Well, OK, I'm not talking about Isaiah, I'm talking about Revelation chapter 22 verse 16:

16 “I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you[a] this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star.”

17 The Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let the one who hears say, “Come!” Let the one who is thirsty come; and let the one who wishes take the free gift of the water of life.

Anyway, I don't see why you'll complain about my cross, when you are using a blazing idol for your avatar.

Paul asks, "What does Jesus have to do with Belial?"

Well, Jesus never physically touches the line of David, David is on Joseph's side of the family, Mary and Elizabeth are descendents of Aaron the High Priest.  So, by blood it is Aaron that Jesus is related to, the Levite.  So, Jesus isn't Judah, he is Levi.  Levi is greatly plagued by the sons of Belial in that story, that parable, in Judges.  Where, at the end it says as it's command, that nothing has ever happened like this before, so therefore take advice and speak your minds.  Anyway, David is also plauged by a son of Belial, but Solomon does away with him later after the death of David, because he transgressions the peace agreement they made.  So, after 14 generations, I'd hope the iniquity would clear, that David plotted the death of Urijah, so he could steal his wife, and there comes Solomon, the illegitimate King.  I think we're blessed that Jesus doesn't touch the Blood of David on the line of Solomon for that reason.  I wonder how in the end that Urijah will forgive King David?  Anyway, if you read the Dead Sea Scrolls they take a lot of emphasis on Belial.

Lucifer (/ˈlsɪfər/;[1][2][3]LOO-sif-ər) is the King James Version rendering of the Hebrew word הֵילֵל in Isaiah (Isaiah 14:12). The Vulgate translation uses the Latin word lucifer, but with a lower-case initial,[4] The Hebrew word, transliterated Hêlêl[5] or Heylel (pron. as HAY-lale),[6] occurs once in the Hebrew Bible[5] and according to the KJV-based Strong's Concordance means "shining one, light-bearer".[6] The Septuagint renders הֵילֵל in Greek as ἑωσφόρος[7][8][9][10][11] (heōsphoros),[12][13][14] a name, literally "bringer of dawn", for the morning star.[15] The word Lucifer is taken from the Latin Vulgate,[16] which translates הֵילֵל as lucifer,[17][18] meaning "the morning star, the planet Venus", or, as an adjective, "light-bringing".[19]

Later Christian tradition came to use the Latin word for "morning star", lucifer, as a proper name ("Lucifer") for the devil; as he was before his fall.[20] As a result, "'Lucifer' has become a by-word for Satan / the Devil in the church and in popular literature",[16] as in Dante Alighieri's Inferno, Joost van den Vondel's Lucifer and John Milton's Paradise Lost.[14] However, the Latin word never came to be used almost exclusively, as in English, in this way, and was applied to others also, including Jesus.[21] The image of a morning star fallen from the sky is generally believed among scholars to have a parallel in Canaanite mythology.[22]

However, according to both Christian[23] and Jewish exegesis, in the Book of Isaiah, chapter 14, the King of Babylon, Nebuchadnezzar II, conqueror of Jerusalem, is condemned in a prophetic vision by the prophet Isaiah and is called the "Morning Star" (planet Venus).[24][25] In this chapter the Hebrew text says הֵילֵל בֶּן-שָׁחַר (Helel ben Shachar, "shining one, son of the morning").[26] "Helel ben Shahar" may refer to the Morning Star, but the text in Isaiah 14 gives no indication that Helel was a star or planet.[27][28]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucifer

I'm not complaining about your cross, I was asking what it represented to you , honestly, that was all, because it represents a few things. I shared with you that about Cain and the mark I'm not saying that's a fact about it , but I recently came across it. 

According to the Hebrew Bible, the Tribe of Judah was one of the twelve Tribes of Israel. .... In Matthew 1:1–6 and Luke 3:31–34 of the New Testament, Jesus is described as a member of the tribe of Judah by lineage. Revelation 5:5 also ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tribe_of_Judah

22 hours ago, Ellapennella said:

Lucifer (/ˈlsɪfər/;[1][2][3]LOO-sif-ər) is the King James Version rendering of the Hebrew word הֵילֵל in Isaiah (Isaiah 14:12). The Vulgate translation uses the Latin word lucifer, but with a lower-case initial,[4] The Hebrew word, transliterated Hêlêl[5] or Heylel (pron. as HAY-lale),[6] occurs once in the Hebrew Bible[5] and according to the KJV-based Strong's Concordance means "shining one, light-bearer".[6] The Septuagint renders הֵילֵל in Greek as ἑωσφόρος[7][8][9][10][11] (heōsphoros),[12][13][14] a name, literally "bringer of dawn", for the morning star.[15] The word Lucifer is taken from the Latin Vulgate,[16] which translates הֵילֵל as lucifer,[17][18] meaning "the morning star, the planet Venus", or, as an adjective, "light-bringing".[19]

Later Christian tradition came to use the Latin word for "morning star", lucifer, as a proper name ("Lucifer") for the devil; as he was before his fall.[20] As a result, "'Lucifer' has become a by-word for Satan / the Devil in the church and in popular literature",[16] as in Dante Alighieri's Inferno, Joost van den Vondel's Lucifer and John Milton's Paradise Lost.[14] However, the Latin word never came to be used almost exclusively, as in English, in this way, and was applied to others also, including Jesus.[21] The image of a morning star fallen from the sky is generally believed among scholars to have a parallel in Canaanite mythology.[22]

However, according to both Christian[23] and Jewish exegesis, in the Book of Isaiah, chapter 14, the King of Babylon, Nebuchadnezzar II, conqueror of Jerusalem, is condemned in a prophetic vision by the prophet Isaiah and is called the "Morning Star" (planet Venus).[24][25] In this chapter the Hebrew text says הֵילֵל בֶּן-שָׁחַר (Helel ben Shachar, "shining one, son of the morning").[26] "Helel ben Shahar" may refer to the Morning Star, but the text in Isaiah 14 gives no indication that Helel was a star or planet.[27][28]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucifer

I'm not complaining about your cross, I was asking what it represented to you , honestly, that was all, because it represents a few things. I shared with you that about Cain and the mark I'm not saying that's a fact about it , but I recently came across it. 

According to the Hebrew Bible, the Tribe of Judah was one of the twelve Tribes of Israel. .... In Matthew 1:1–6 and Luke 3:31–34 of the New Testament, Jesus is described as a member of the tribe of Judah by lineage. Revelation 5:5 also ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tribe_of_Judah

Well,Lucifer means light bringer, and son of the morning or bringer of the dawn is the Sun, not the Morning Star.  They used to call the Sun Lucifer and the moon Lucifera.  They also called a lot of other stars Lucifer, and was a general term I think.  I can't stand it when people try to give celestial bodies over to the dominion of Satan,because they all belong to God.  Everything is God's and if anything belongs to Satan, it isn't his for long, but he'll take new things for himself eventually.

Also, with the Morning Star, as Jesus calls himself in the last chapter of Revelation.  If you follow mythology from all religions, usually their God or Goddess of the Morning Star has the Jesus qualities.  It's interesting.   They have a trend of immaculate conception, betrayal by a close loved one, raising from the dead, establishing a new earth after the old one is destroyed.  I think Jesus is really trying to tell us something about himself in that verse.  Also, as Jesus emphasizes to stay watchful and awake,I think it is important and a duty for the Christian to keep watch of the Morning Star.  It comes like a thief in the night, especially the one that's not the bright one, the Mercury is really like a thief in the night by it's quick movements from the east to the west, and if you don't pay attention it will take parts of your life away and you won't know what happened.

Anyway, it says Jesus is from Judah, because Jospeh is Judah.  However, Jesus is an immaculate conception, and his blood is literally from Mary's side, and Mary is from the line of Aaron, Moses' assistant, and the tribe of Levi.  So, really, literally Jesus is a Levite.  The Levites are the only tribe of the 12 tribes which are the priesthood of Israel.  That's why it's said Jesus will make priests of those he chooses, of his disciples.

In the real world: if you live in Syria and Isis comes and tells you to join them or be killed, what do you choose?

That is the point of "bearing the mark".  

How is that so difficult to comprehend?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Opus Magnus said:

Well,Lucifer means light bringer, and son of the morning or bringer of the dawn is the Sun, not the Morning Star.  They used to call the Sun Lucifer and the moon Lucifera.  They also called a lot of other stars Lucifer, and was a general term I think.  I can't stand it when people try to give celestial bodies over to the dominion of Satan,because they all belong to God.  Everything is God's and if anything belongs to Satan, it isn't his for long, but he'll take new things for himself eventually.

Also, with the Morning Star, as Jesus calls himself in the last chapter of Revelation.  If you follow mythology from all religions, usually their God or Goddess of the Morning Star has the Jesus qualities.  It's interesting.   They have a trend of immaculate conception, betrayal by a close loved one, raising from the dead, establishing a new earth after the old one is destroyed.  I think Jesus is really trying to tell us something about himself in that verse.  Also, as Jesus emphasizes to stay watchful and awake,I think it is important and a duty for the Christian to keep watch of the Morning Star.  It comes like a thief in the night, especially the one that's not the bright one, the Mercury is really like a thief in the night by it's quick movements from the east to the west, and if you don't pay attention it will take parts of your life away and you won't know what happened.

1rcxfq.jpg

On 2017-6-16 at 11:58 AM, davros of skaro said:

Actually most prophecies of the Bible are written post event because it's propaganda. 

Pointing out reality is only needed to mock a believer.

Are you admitting that one has to be irrational to believe these predictions as of now?

You are frothing at the mouth over an unlikely scenario due in part of this;

Isaiah 17:1-3

"1 An oracle concerning Damascus.
See, Damascus will cease to be a city,
and will become a heap of ruins. 2 Her towns will be deserted forever; they will be places for flocks, which will lie down, and no one will make them afraid. 3 The fortress will disappear from Ephraim,
and the kingdom from Damascus; and the remnant of Aram will be
like the glory of the children of Israel,
says the LORD of hosts."

Yet you continue to bury your head in the sand time and time again over this;

Ezekiel 26:13-15

"13 I will silence the music of your songs;
the sound of your lyres shall be heard no more. 14 I will make you a bare rock;
you shall be a place for spreading nets. You shall never again be rebuilt, for I the LORD have spoken,
says the Lord GOD.
15 Thus says the Lord GOD to Tyre: Shall not the coastlands shake at the sound of your fall, when the wounded groan, when slaughter goes on within you?"

"The Tyre International festival takes place in the authentic Phoenician city of Tyre the mythical birthplace of Europa. The Festival launched in 1996. takes pride in selecting the best of what the local and international art and musical scene has to offer. 

The Tyre Hippodrome where the festival takes place can accommodate 2000 seated attendees for each performance in a fabulous surrounding and an authentic site."

http://www.lebtivity.com/event/tyre-international-festival-2016

Actually tyre WAS totally  destroyed by alexander the great, and was never rebuilt in exactly the same place.   Invested by alexander, the inhabitants of the island  city  refused to negotiate thinking the y were protected by the sea and their defences. 

after nebuchadnezzar attacked tyre, the city was moved to a offshore island 

Alexander built a causeway across to the island.

Alexander determined to build a mole to get his troops from the mainland to the island. The mole is said to have been at least 200 feet wide. It was constructed from stones and timber from the old city of Tyre on the mainland. In fulfillment of Ezekiel's prophecy, the very foundation stones, timbers and dust of the city was cast "in the midst of the water" (Ezek. 26:12).

The  site of  the island part  city of tyre separated from the mainland by a causeway subsided and is now under the mediterranean.  The modern city of tyre is not located in the same place as the old one although remnants of the ancient causeway run beneath it  

One historian wrote, "Alexander did far more against Tyre than Shalmaneser or Nebuchadnezzar had done. Not content with crushing her, he took care that she never should revive; for he founded Alexandria as her substitute, and changed forever the track of the commerce of the world." (Edward Creasy, Fifteen Decisive Battles of the World, ch. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

One historian wrote, "Alexander did far more against Tyre than Shalmaneser or Nebuchadnezzar had done. Not content with crushing her, he took care that she never should revive;

D of S is one of those here that seems to enjoy using his scholarship - which IS impressive, I admit, to attempt to embarrass or humiliate, if possible, any Christian that dares speak only from faith and without a deep knowledge of the Bible.  It's pointlessly rude but at least he isn't vicious, as some others are.  That's the only reason I don't also have him on ignore.  I enjoy understanding why the anti-Christian types think the way they think.  Those I've seen here seem to fall into two broad categories.  One, that is truly disgusted by the religion to the point of being relentlessly hateful toward Christians. The other, that uses the scriptures to make their points by trying to prove each point of faith that is mentioned, can be proven to be ridiculous.  Neither will ever admit that they live their lives based on faith as well.  Science is simply the Deification of man's efforts to understand God's creation.  Science is certainly responsible for much that is good in our civilization but ultimately it will be our undoing.  For every advancement of the species, there has been an equal, negative impact with weapons creation.

On 6/22/2017 at 1:17 PM, Athena1979 said:

In the real world: if you live in Syria and Isis comes and tells you to join them or be killed, what do you choose?

That is the point of "bearing the mark".  

How is that so difficult to comprehend?

Well, that makes sense, I've thought to myself before that they sound like the Beast.

I also find it strange of how many sins they commit, like having the name of the Egyptian Goddess which is prohibited by their religion.

I think they're Left-handed holders of the faith, and I don't think it's really a religious dispute, but that they're just trying to take land, and power, and government, and resources over race and other things.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Opus Magnus said:

Well, that makes sense, I've thought to myself before that they sound like the Beast.

I also find it strange of how many sins they commit, like having the name of the Egyptian Goddess which is prohibited by their religion.

I think they're Left-handed holders of the faith, and I don't think it's really a religious dispute, but that they're just trying to take land, and power, and government, and resources over race and other things.

I think ISIS is an accidental acronym for," Islamic State in Iraq and Syria" which was the initial purpose and aim of this group..  

• Like 1

On 6/23/2017 at 0:26 PM, and then said:

D of S is one of those here that seems to enjoy using his scholarship - which IS impressive, I admit, to attempt to embarrass or humiliate, if possible, any Christian that dares speak only from faith and without a deep knowledge of the Bible.  

I don't mind D of S, he's kind of reasonable, in a completely atheist kind of way.

I think unless one's religion is challenged regularly, a person will become complacent about it.

IRONICALLY, if atheists left well enough alone, Christianity, and other religions, would probably degrade in numbers even faster.

33 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

IRONICALLY, if atheists left well enough alone, Christianity, and other religions, would probably degrade in numbers even faster.

True.  The church has always grown during times of persecution.  I guess there is something about seeing other human beings who hold on to what they believe even to the point of dying for it.  I can't remember the name of the device but dying Christians were so apt to speak of their faith in God, even as they were being burned or about to be hanged that the Church of that time used a device to silence them.  The church leaders KNEW that the faith was spread through suffering.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, and then said:

True.  The church has always grown during times of persecution.  I guess there is something about seeing other human beings who hold on to what they believe even to the point of dying for it.  I can't remember the name of the device but dying Christians were so apt to speak of their faith in God, even as they were being burned or about to be hanged that the Church of that time used a device to silence them.  The church leaders KNEW that the faith was spread through suffering.

Could you give me a list of 10 times when "Christians" went through persecution?

6 hours ago, and then said:

I think the term you are looking for might be "heretic's fork"? A terrible device created during the Spanish Inquisition, used to both torture and silence witches and heretics.

On 6/25/2017 at 6:18 AM, rashore said:

I think the term you are looking for might be "heretic's fork"? A terrible device created during the Spanish Inquisition, used to both torture and silence witches and heretics.

Well, originally, in the Bible, everywhere it says LORD, it originally says the name of God.  So, I guess the King James Version, and everyone after, or even before, they blotted out the name of God, and replaced it with LORD.  Because the name of God actually appears 700 times or so in the Bible.  So, that kind of changes the perception many of us may have had about what it really means to take the Lord's name in Vain.  I mean, it's a little different when you learn the actual truth about how it is used in the scriptures, aside from how the sinned on it.

On 6/27/2017 at 5:38 PM, Opus Magnus said:

Well, originally, in the Bible, everywhere it says LORD, it originally says the name of God.  So, I guess the King James Version, and everyone after, or even before, they blotted out the name of God, and replaced it with LORD.  Because the name of God actually appears 700 times or so in the Bible.  So, that kind of changes the perception many of us may have had about what it really means to take the Lord's name in Vain.  I mean, it's a little different when you learn the actual truth about how it is used in the scriptures, aside from how the sinned on it.

Where did you learn this? Are you speaking only of the Hebrew Bible? AFAIK, none of the New Testament was written down as you are suggesting.

On 6/25/2017 at 6:18 AM, rashore said:

Looked it up... That is nasty...

5 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Where did you learn this? Are you speaking only of the Hebrew Bible? AFAIK, none of the New Testament was written down as you are suggesting.

Yeah, in the hebrew bible it uses the name of God, not LORD.

On 6/9/2017 at 3:56 PM, Stubbly_Dooright said:

I'm going to be bit silly and seriously, when I think this might be something that will occur in our future economy. But, that mark of the beast just might end up being barcodes on our foreheads, and the price of them is total dependence on material things that could rule and break you in the end. But, we all have to have those barcodes or we're on the street. What i that is a prediction? 

And if I put your original question into my thought here, would I take the barcode? Something tells me no. 

Is this also about being forced to worship something you don't want to? 

Excerpt from Paper 47 of the Urantia Book:

(47:9.1) The experience on this sphere is the crowning achievement of the immediate postmortal career. During your sojourn here you will receive the instruction of many teachers, all of whom will co-operate in the task of preparing you for residence on Jerusem. Any discernible differences between those mortals hailing from the isolated and retarded worlds and those survivors from the more advanced and enlightened spheres are virtually obliterated during the sojourn on the seventh mansion world. Here you will be purged of all the remnants of unfortunate heredity, unwholesome environment, and unspiritual planetary tendencies. The last remnants of the "mark of the beast" are here eradicated.

http://www.urantia.org/urantia-book-standardized/paper-47-seven-mansion-worlds

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Will Due said:
On 6/9/2017 at 6:56 PM, Stubbly_Dooright said:

I'm going to be bit silly and seriously, when I think this might be something that will occur in our future economy. But, that mark of the beast just might end up being barcodes on our foreheads, and the price of them is total dependence on material things that could rule and break you in the end. But, we all have to have those barcodes or we're on the street. What i that is a prediction? 

And if I put your original question into my thought here, would I take the barcode? Something tells me no. 

Is this also about being forced to worship something you don't want to? 

Excerpt from Paper 47 of the Urantia Book:

(47:9.1) The experience on this sphere is the crowning achievement of the immediate postmortal career. During your sojourn here you will receive the instruction of many teachers, all of whom will co-operate in the task of preparing you for residence on Jerusem. Any discernible differences between those mortals hailing from the isolated and retarded worlds and those survivors from the more advanced and enlightened spheres are virtually obliterated during the sojourn on the seventh mansion world. Here you will be purged of all the remnants of unfortunate heredity, unwholesome environment, and unspiritual planetary tendencies. The last remnants of the "mark of the beast" are here eradicated.

http://www.urantia.org/urantia-book-standardized/paper-47-seven-mansion-worlds

I guess, less is more. ;) 

5 hours ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

I guess, less is more. ;) 

Less is more. One of my favorite sayings! But, when the gas in my car is running empty, it never occurs to me that way. :rofl:

Here's something else from the Urantia Book I've always found interesting pertaining to the "mark of the beast". 

(15:14.8) The grand universe number of your world, Urantia, is 5,342,482,337,666. That is the registry number on Uversa and on Paradise, your number in the catalogue of the inhabited worlds. I know the physical-sphere registry number, but it is of such an extraordinary size that it is of little practical significance to the mortal mind.

(15:14.9) Your planet is a member of an enormous cosmos; you belong to a well-nigh infinite family of worlds, but your sphere is just as precisely administered and just as lovingly fostered as if it were the only inhabited world in all existence.

(15:14.10) [Presented by a Universal Censor hailing from Uversa.]

http://www.urantia.org/urantia-book-standardized/paper-15-seven-superuniverses

Edited by Will Due
  • Like 1

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked