Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mark of the Beast

Opus Magnus

Mark of the Beast  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Would you take or receive the mark of the beast six hundred three score and six in your right hand or forehead?

• Yes
    • No

13 hours ago, Opus Magnus said:

Yeah, in the hebrew bible it uses the name of God, not LORD.

I can see that. The Jews did have YHWH written in their Holy Writings and then when it was brought into the Christian Bible, they did translate it mostly to "Lord", in one form or another. I did read that the Jews wouldn't actually SAY the name YHWH, but that they would use "Lord" instead. So, probably the reason the Christian Bible got written down that way is because it was composed from writings that initially came down from oral tradition, rather then directly copied from the Hebrew Bible. That is how I think it went anyway.

12 hours ago, Will Due said:

Excerpt from Paper 47 of the Urantia Book:

(47:9.1) The experience on this sphere is the crowning achievement of the immediate postmortal career. During your sojourn here you will receive the instruction of many teachers, all of whom will co-operate in the task of preparing you for residence on Jerusem. Any discernible differences between those mortals hailing from the isolated and retarded worlds and those survivors from the more advanced and enlightened spheres are virtually obliterated during the sojourn on the seventh mansion world. Here you will be purged of all the remnants of unfortunate heredity, unwholesome environment, and unspiritual planetary tendencies. The last remnants of the "mark of the beast" are here eradicated.

http://www.urantia.org/urantia-book-standardized/paper-47-seven-mansion-worlds

I thought the Urantia Book was completely made up?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Urantia_Book

The Urantia Book (sometimes called the Urantia Papers or The Fifth Epochal Revelation) is a spiritual and philosophical book that originated in Chicago sometime between 1924 and 1955. The authorship remains a matter of speculation.

That doesn't make what it says any less Truth, or useful, or worth following, but it is good to keep in mind that it isn't ancient knowledge.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DieChecker said:

I thought the Urantia Book was completely made up?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Urantia_Book

That doesn't make what it says any less Truth, or useful, or worth following, but it is good to keep in mind that it isn't ancient knowledge.

Very well said DieChecker, and let me add that rather than being distracted from the Urantia Book by speculating about its origin, it might be of much more use by simply evaluating what it reveals by the merits of what it says, regardless of who wrote it.

Speculation regarding the materialization (for lack of a better term) of the Urantia Book is one thing, but more importantly, how the knowledge gained by its presentations enhances one's outlook and appreciation for having been born into this topsy turvy world, is that the Urantia Book explains how the world got that way, and how because of this situation, our destiny as individuals will be spiritually forever enriched. 

• Like 1

Also, one of the ideas held by people of this doctrine is a verse in the Bible, that says anyone who calls upon the name of the Lord will be saved.  Most people automatically think that's calling out the name of Jesus Christ, which I thought too.  But, these people pointed out they believe it's the name of God, Jehova, that must be called out.  This makes a lot of sense too.  I've done both, and both names have an important impact.  Like attracting a magnet to you, or making an enochian call.  If you call them out sincerly they have an consequence of long lasting reactions.

Also, I think it is wise to meditate on the other names of God that he calls himself in the Old Testament, as they can reveal certain parts of the psyche and universe.

Do you call out Jehovah or Yahweh?

2 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

From what I understand no one really knows, since the Jews only wrote down the consonants.

Either is considered correct in modern English, and quite probably neither is how the Jews of Jesus's age would have actually pronounced it.

5 hours ago, DieChecker said:

From what I understand no one really knows, since the Jews only wrote down the consonants.

Either is considered correct in modern English, and quite probably neither is how the Jews of Jesus's age would have actually pronounced it.

I'd think he'd know what name he calls out.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

I usually use the J one, but it's supposed to be pronounced like a y or i.  I remember, I first learned this from Indiana Jones when I was young, he says it in one of his movies while solving a puzzle in one of the temples.  That the J is pronounced like an i.  Like in some languages j is a y.

I don't know about the Jews not being able to pronounce it.  I think, it's kind of just a struggle to pronounce.  Because, if you read it, they named a number of cities after his name.  Curiously, in the King James Version, they blot out the name of God, and replace it with LORD, but when they say the names of the cities that are named after God, they keep the Jehovah in, like Jehovah-Gyra, for example, which is the place Abraham named where he was tempted to sacrifice his son Isaac. 

So, I think they'd need to be able to pronounce the names of their cities, unless there's something strange going on in the translations.

Also, in the law of Moses, it was the priest's job, the Levites, to dedicate things in the name of God.  So, whenever there was certain festivals or feasts, or certain things and rituals where they were needed to, they were supposed to use the name of God on it.

Also, curious, is how they say the name of God is unpronounceable, and so is supposedly Cthulhu, is supposed to be unpronounceable, and hearing it pronounced is supposed to cause a man to go mad.  I think these also go along with the covenant of God, and how God says seeing him or his face will cause a man to die.  Also, in Indiana Jones, when they open the Ark and their faces melt.  I don't think it's a coincidence, but I think it's supposed to be some ploy of a manifestation of God.

God's name isn't relevant. But a desire to get to know him is. Getting acquainted with him is possible because his presence dwells within, and he wants you to know him as a father first. This is the way I've gotten to know him which led me to know that he loves me as his son.

The rest about God, his name etcetera, I'll learn later. 

• Like 2

Yeah, that's another thing.  In Revelation, Jesus says he will have a new name in New Jerusalem.  He say's he'll put his new name on some people's forhead.

I think it's like a snake shedding its skin, except it's a name.  It doesn't say that God will have a new name too, but I think he should.

Also, what I've thought about pretty much all my life, I've never liked the idea of eternity, even if all curses are relieved.  Then, not too long ago, a couple of weeks ago, I read again that part in either Leviticus or Numbers, where God says to Israel, "And you'll know my breach of promise."

He does that a lot during the exodus to the promised land, and knowing God, I think the breach of promise is a common thing.  So, it says at the end of revelation, not to add anything to the sayings of the prophecy of this book, or the plagues written in this book will be added to him, and not to take away anything from this prophecy or his name will be blotted out of the book of life.  Also, it says not to seal the sayings of the book, because the time is at hand.

So, knowing God, that he has a breach of promise, I kind of expect it with New Jerusalem, because anyway, in Jeremiah it talks about New Jerusalem, but it has other things to say about it, like keeping your wife and building houses there on the new earth.  However, in Revelation it says it a little differently.  The one in Jeremiah definitely seems more peaceful to me.  Also, the dimensions of New Jerusalem seem a little small for a city we will have no need of leaving, if so many people are saved and to be sent there.  12,000 furlongs I think, in a square city.

I mean, I think I'd rather go into the city than not, because of the mystery of the wedding, I don't want to miss the party.  But, I think Revelation is a little unclear of what in left on the new earth.  Because it says a whole new earth, but there is just a small city.  It's a little unclear if those that love and maketh a lie, the sorcerers, dogs, murderers, idolaters, whoremongers, and fornicators and everything will be outside the city, or in the furnace.  Because it says they will be without.  But then everything else will also be cast into the furnace.  So, it's unclear if there will be a restart to the earth.....  But, a city, I think like an eternal seed. 

Anyway, I kind of expect God to change his mind, but I believe he'll still stay on tract.

There will be a restart to earth. That's when the party will be over.

There has been a party going on, and I wasn't invited? 

I feel so snubbed.

• Like 3

Don't worry, there wiil be a new party.

No invitation though.

Invitation will be by default.

11 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

I feel so snubbed.

You know... Earthly party... FIreworks, pizza, sex, rock and roll, Game of Thrones... The stuff that most everyone likes....

Sadly, it will be over, and (from the sound of it) it will all be more like a Quaker Paradise, though with Singing.... :devil:

12 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

I feel so snubbed.

Ha!  I know you !    You  (and  me ) have had a party going all along !  

Image result for norman Lindsay nymphs and satyrs

( We are the guys that  didn't leave the garden !   ( hid in some bushes ... until after the guilt passed .... yahoo !  )

• Like 2

The party is the wedding feast.  The marriage of the King's son.  It's the whole point of the Gospel I think, it's mentioned in Revelation and the Gospel.  You're supposed to prepare for it, both to get there, and to stay in.  That's the thing, the people who were invited at first decided they didn't want to go because they wanted to take care of smaller things, so the King got rid of them, and invited everyone else, instead.  I guess that's supposed to mean the Jews didn't want to go with Christ, so God gave it to the gentiles instead.

So, part of it, is staying awake, and keeping a full vial of oil, maintaining wisdom, so you will be ready to make the journey to the door of t he wedding feast when the bell is rung.  But, nobody knows when it will ring, so it's sort of a test or trial to see who is worthy to stay prepared.

The other part, is staying in the wedding, because there will be people there who just got in somehow, but weren't prepared or ready.  When they find them, because they aren't wearing the right wedding garments, they'll be bound up, and thrown out into the outer darkness where they'll be weeping with gnashing teeth for eternity.  I think this part means reading the whole Bible, so you know how to behave and act around the guards and King, so you aren't offensive.

This is repeated a lot throughout the gospels.

Also, a book I really enjoyed is the Chymical Wedding by Christian Rosenkreutz.  The founder of the order of the Rosy Cross, I think, and the Rosicrucians.  It was an amazing read, that came to me by a strange string of chance.  I wouldn't recommend reading it before you read the gospels, because there are hidden references to the gospel in it.  Also, I wouldn't really recommend reading any other scriptures before you read the gospels.

• Like 1

I recommend reading up on the nature of belief and some comparative religion  ( with some history) before reading the Gospels .

• Like 2

On 7/7/2017 at 2:40 PM, Will Due said:

I don't believe it. 

On 7/7/2017 at 2:49 PM, ChaosRose said:

I feel so snubbed.

Neither was I. That's ok. They're probably even cooler parties just around the corner. ;) Let's go check. 

On 7/7/2017 at 3:01 PM, Will Due said:

Don't worry, there wiil be a new party.

No invitation though.

Invitation will be by default.

You say 'don't worry' (about not being invited) and then imply that maybe there's a chance one might not be invited, all in one short post. :blink: 

On 7/8/2017 at 2:23 AM, DieChecker said:

You know... Earthly party... FIreworks, pizza, sex, rock and roll, Game of Thrones... The stuff that most everyone likes....

Well, most everyone. :D  Personally, I would enjoy the 'Orphan Black' clone party.  At least, it's known a lot of work went into it. ;)  :D  

Sadly, it will be over, and (from the sound of it) it will all be more like a Quaker Paradise, though with Singing.... :devil:

Ohhh, if one knows about the clone club and went was the agenda on that one.

Yes, being very deceptive on that one and what the comparison to this thread and the world, in my thoughts. :devil: 

On 7/8/2017 at 3:02 AM, back to earth said:

Ha!  I know you !    You  (and  me ) have had a party going all along !  

Image result for norman Lindsay nymphs and satyrs

( We are the guys that  didn't leave the garden !   ( hid in some bushes ... until after the guilt passed .... yahoo !  )

:w00t:  I had a feeling horses in some form would be involved. :wacko: 

• Like 2

On 7/7/2017 at 11:40 AM, Will Due said:

Are you promoting genocide of all Non-Christians?

Are you sure your master race philosophy of judging and condemning those you see as inferior won't backfire on you?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Mystic Crusader said:

Are you sure your master race philosophy of judging and condemning those you see as inferior won't backfire on you?

If you need to condemn me, why be rude too? 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Mystic Crusader said:

Btw, I'm a Non-Christian. Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Edited by Will Due

13 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Btw, I'm a Non-Christian. Let me know if you have any other questions. 

So you're Jewish promoting Genocide? 

On 6/30/2017 at 6:56 AM, Will Due said:

Very well said DieChecker, and let me add that rather than being distracted from the Urantia Book by speculating about its origin, it might be of much more use by simply evaluating what it reveals by the merits of what it says, regardless of who wrote it.

Speculation regarding the materialization (for lack of a better term) of the Urantia Book is one thing, but more importantly, how the knowledge gained by its presentations enhances one's outlook and appreciation for having been born into this topsy turvy world, is that the Urantia Book explains how the world got that way, and how because of this situation, our destiny as individuals will be spiritually forever enriched. 

People should question the origins of material they are putting so much stock into, especially, if that material is supportive of ideas that have been discarded because they resulted in atrocities.

• Like 2

Look, I'll agree that if you look around, you might think we're actually in the movie Idiocracy. That said, I'm not for that whole "scraping off the weak" Ayn Rand mentality that's going on. Usually, that kind of stuff is imposed by people who have seized power because they are ruthless and unscrupulous and backed by enough money to be dangerous. It's not like the cream always rises to the top. Rather often, it's the worst of the worst. People wanna be on the "winning side," but it's essentially equivalent to selling your soul (if one believed in a soul). It's not a pretty road to go down. The average Joe who jumps on the bandwagon might get rewarded in the short term, but ultimately, they'll wear out their usefulness and find themselves being scraped off, too.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

People should question the origins of material they are putting so much stock into, especially, if that material is supportive of ideas that have been discarded because they resulted in atrocities.

Yes, you're right. You should always question the origin of what you put stock into.

The Urantia Book describes the atrocities perpetrated by man throughout history, how man evolved to commit them, and why they are a natural part of evolution which eventually end, like slavery did in America.

And then presents a picture of the future of this evolution of man as positive, except for the disgrace of so-called civilized men and women refusing to grow up, stop partying, and take responsibility for themselves as a race, become benign and put the party behind and get to work improving life for themselves and everyone else, instead of complaining about it.

Because that's the atrocity.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked