Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mark of the Beast

Opus Magnus

Mark of the Beast  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Would you take or receive the mark of the beast six hundred three score and six in your right hand or forehead?

• Yes
    • No

3 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Look, I'll agree that if you look around, you might think we're actually in the movie Idiocracy. That said, I'm not for that whole "scraping off the weak" Ayn Rand mentality that's going on. Usually, that kind of stuff is imposed by people who have seized power because they are ruthless and unscrupulous and backed by enough money to be dangerous. It's not like the cream always rises to the top. Rather often, it's the worst of the worst. People wanna be on the "winning side," but it's essentially equivalent to selling your soul (if one believed in a soul). It's not a pretty road to go down. The average Joe who jumps on the bandwagon might get rewarded in the short term, but ultimately, they'll wear out their usefulness and find themselves being scraped off, too.

Very well said.

I'm familiar with Ayn Rand. As far as I'm concerned she, and anyone who supports her ideas, are worse than the worst. In my humble opinion that is. 

I think it's ironic.  There are actually a lot of Jews that are Christian nowadays.  Plenty of Jews believe in Christ. 

I think it's ironic because, the wave of understanding is kind of past...  The whole point of Jesus is that he was doing powerful miracles when he was around.  We can't see him doing those miracles now, so it's pretty much reliant on faith, like he said to Timothy, I think, one of the apostles after he resurrected and Timothy wouldn't believe it was him until he put his hand in his side that the spear Longinus had pierced, Jesus said, "Blessed are those who believed in me before without needing to prove it." Paraphrased. 

But, I think it's ironic, because without being there, it makes common sense to stone Jesus to death, by what is said in Deuteronomy chapter 13.  A false prophet providing miracles and leading Israel to worship another God.  I mean, if you were there it'd make sense I think, but I think the Jews are condemned in faith because they got him betrayed and killed, so it doesn't really make sense anymore rationally to go that way, because it's kind of illegal to the Hebrews.  However, there are a lot of Jews who are Christian, and I don't really know what to say, but that it looks pretty ironic.

Anyway, it's a complex issue that I'm pretty sure God deals with deeply.....

The other thing, is that Revelation pretty much prophesizes that Christians are to be completely genocided, for refusing the mark of the beast.  But, according to Revelation, it's better to be killed then, and die with the Lord, because after that the plagues like which have never been seen before will fall on mankind and those with the mark or the number of the beast and they will be tormented before the Angels.

I was also thinking to myself yesterday, and thought that if someone in power wanted to do population control, and they knew Revelation they might say to themself, that's a great idea.  Enforce the mark of the beast when we can grapple the power, and then we'll depopulate everyone who doesn't take it.  Though, they laugh and say, "haha, because God isn't real, so we'll use the mark of the beast, and after that no plagues will happen, but humanity will just continue in bless because we've cleaned up the earth."

Another thing, is how I feel about their philosophy on the weak.  Because, I realized everyone is weak, strength itself can be a weakness when facing Power.  But, if you have wisdom you can use your weakness to become a great strength, like the power of a valley opposed to the power of a mountain...  Though, it's not hard to calculate their own weaknesses who preach this philosophy, and I think it's a distraction to the truth nature of weakness and strength.  I've learned a lot about this from the Tao Teh Ching, which says a lot of the same things as the Gospel, that Jesus said.  Because the Tao Teh Ching, means The Way, and Jesus himself says he is The Way, and that's one thing early Christians called themselves, The Way, so it's also ironic.....

• Like 1

From Jewish numerology.

The number is from Revelation - which is a diatribe against the Romans.  And the number of CAESAR NERO is 666.

Pretty easy to understand, really.

Doug

37 minutes ago, Doug1o29 said:

From Jewish numerology.

The number is from Revelation - which is a diatribe against the Romans.  And the number of CAESAR NERO is 666.

Doug

What is another name for mark that you use to buy and sell? Coin. I interpret the mark of the beast as the Roman coin.

Well....  You can attribute the number to these things, I guess.  The thing is, the chapter gives a timeframe of 3 and a half years, it says 42 months.  That is for the mark.  The number is obviously out, the number has been out since creation, 666 has always existed.  Revelation says, "Do not seal the sayings of this prophecy, for the time is at hand."  But, in daniel it says, "Seal the sayings of this prophecy until the time is at hand, the earth will increase in knowledge, etc. etc."....

Well, obviously the time is not at hand, because we don't have the mark of the beast on our hands yet, and that's what it says will happen.

The permissions codes of Linux are 666 by default, however in Octal, but I take that as another sign.

The number 666 appears all over, I think it is a distraction, and I'm tired of falling for it....  It's gone way over the prophesized times, like crying wolf.  What happens when the girl cries wolf??  Well, when the real wolf appears we are sick and tired of it, and decide not to be tricked anymore, and the real wolf gets through.

I've read a lot about this subject, and numerologically, you can get Jesus to be the number 666.  666 is the power of God, but he allows the devil to seize it.  Numerologically, and in Feng Shui, 666 is very valuable to all human life.  It is a number of success.  It kind of means big boss is doing good at business.  It's hard to exist without it.  Although, the grudge is, God tells us not to take it, use it, whatever...  We can't even think about our lives.  This cannot even go on with the existance of God...  I guess you might think of it as a trial, however, the time is obviously not at hand, a logical contradiction to the Revelation, but Daniel says to seal the sayings of the book until the time is at hand.  LOL.  So maybe we should just seal the book, it's like we're being betrayed.  But, then we wouldn't be able to get any of the word out. 

I guess, the only answer I can really think of is to resist it for 3.5 years or more, then i side with alexander the great who cuts the gordian knot, fulfilling the will of God.  Because both Christ and Krishna says we must conquer the beast to gain the Angel's favor.  To prove ourselves worthy.

Otherwise, I think God should add plauges, because the book is being added to, the other Rule in revelation I have said before.

As Paul also talks about Alexander the Coppersmith, to beware because he has resisted the word of God very well, as in the sayings of the Band Slipknot, if you're 555, then I'm 666.

4 hours ago, Opus Magnus said:

I think it's ironic.  There are actually a lot of Jews that are Christian nowadays.  Plenty of Jews believe in Christ. 

I think it's ironic because, the wave of understanding is kind of past...  The whole point of Jesus is that he was doing powerful miracles when he was around.  We can't see him doing those miracles now, so it's pretty much reliant on faith, like he said to Timothy, I think, one of the apostles after he resurrected and Timothy wouldn't believe it was him until he put his hand in his side that the spear Longinus had pierced, Jesus said, "Blessed are those who believed in me before without needing to prove it." Paraphrased. 

But, I think it's ironic, because without being there, it makes common sense to stone Jesus to death, by what is said in Deuteronomy chapter 13.  A false prophet providing miracles and leading Israel to worship another God.  I mean, if you were there it'd make sense I think, but I think the Jews are condemned in faith because they got him betrayed and killed, so it doesn't really make sense anymore rationally to go that way, because it's kind of illegal to the Hebrews.  However, there are a lot of Jews who are Christian, and I don't really know what to say, but that it looks pretty ironic.

Anyway, it's a complex issue that I'm pretty sure God deals with deeply.....

The other thing, is that Revelation pretty much prophesizes that Christians are to be completely genocided, for refusing the mark of the beast.  But, according to Revelation, it's better to be killed then, and die with the Lord, because after that the plagues like which have never been seen before will fall on mankind and those with the mark or the number of the beast and they will be tormented before the Angels.

I was also thinking to myself yesterday, and thought that if someone in power wanted to do population control, and they knew Revelation they might say to themself, that's a great idea.  Enforce the mark of the beast when we can grapple the power, and then we'll depopulate everyone who doesn't take it.  Though, they laugh and say, "haha, because God isn't real, so we'll use the mark of the beast, and after that no plagues will happen, but humanity will just continue in bless because we've cleaned up the earth."

Another thing, is how I feel about their philosophy on the weak.  Because, I realized everyone is weak, strength itself can be a weakness when facing Power.  But, if you have wisdom you can use your weakness to become a great strength, like the power of a valley opposed to the power of a mountain...  Though, it's not hard to calculate their own weaknesses who preach this philosophy, and I think it's a distraction to the truth nature of weakness and strength.  I've learned a lot about this from the Tao Teh Ching, which says a lot of the same things as the Gospel, that Jesus said.  Because the Tao Teh Ching, means The Way, and Jesus himself says he is The Way, and that's one thing early Christians called themselves, The Way, so it's also ironic.....

Do you mean Hebrew Christians, because Jewish is a faith so it'should not likely that they would be Jewish Christians.

jmccr8

• Like 1

Just now, jmccr8 said:

Do you mean Hebrew Christians, because Jewish is a faith so it'should not likely that they would be Jewish Christians.

jmccr8

No, I mean there are plenty of Jewish people who are Christians.  I mean, they are raised hebrew, or whatever, I don't know.  I mean, it's not like all Jews are against Jesus, but they can be Christian like anyone else.

Because, one arguement some of these sects have, I think they have an error in their views.  Is the part in Revelation, where it says 144,000 Jews will be sealed and taken away, spared from the wrath, 144,000 virgins of Israel, who have never known a woman, and have no guile. 12,000 of each of the 12 tribes.

Well, a lot of these sects try to say that means only 144,000 Hebrews will be saved, and all the rest are damned....  This is not true, they are in error in reading correctly.  It means 144,000 virgins wlll be sealed.  Though, the rest of the Jews can be saved, who aren't virgins.  Any Jew can be saved like the rest of any of the people, God doesn't care.  God, just wants 144,000 Israelite virgins who have never known a woman, because, apparently virgins can sing better than people who have had sex.  As is known in our culture, sometimes young males would be eunichized, so that they could sing in the opera their whole lives.  I guess God wants, 144,000 Israelites of this nature to be able to sing on the mountain for him.

Though, a lot of sects misinterpret this as that only 144,000 Hebrews will be saved, this isn't true, all Jews can be saved.

2 hours ago, Opus Magnus said:

No, I mean there are plenty of Jewish people who are Christians.  I mean, they are raised hebrew, or whatever, I don't know.  I mean, it's not like all Jews are against Jesus, but they can be Christian like anyone else.

Because, one arguement some of these sects have, I think they have an error in their views.  Is the part in Revelation, where it says 144,000 Jews will be sealed and taken away, spared from the wrath, 144,000 virgins of Israel, who have never known a woman, and have no guile. 12,000 of each of the 12 tribes.

Well, a lot of these sects try to say that means only 144,000 Hebrews will be saved, and all the rest are damned....  This is not true, they are in error in reading correctly.  It means 144,000 virgins wlll be sealed.  Though, the rest of the Jews can be saved, who aren't virgins.  Any Jew can be saved like the rest of any of the people, God doesn't care.  God, just wants 144,000 Israelite virgins who have never known a woman, because, apparently virgins can sing better than people who have had sex.  As is known in our culture, sometimes young males would be eunichized, so that they could sing in the opera their whole lives.  I guess God wants, 144,000 Israelites of this nature to be able to sing on the mountain for him.

Though, a lot of sects misinterpret this as that only 144,000 Hebrews will be saved, this isn't true, all Jews can be saved.

I am not sure that you understand, one wouldn't be a Christian and a member of the Jewish faith as it is a religion that is still waiting for Christ or the messiah. Being Jewish is a religion that gentiles may join if they turn away from other teachings.

jmccr8

1 hour ago, jmccr8 said:

I am not sure that you understand, one wouldn't be a Christian and a member of the Jewish faith as it is a religion that is still waiting for Christ or the messiah. Being Jewish is a religion that gentiles may join if they turn away from other teachings.

jmccr8

I think what he's saying has to do with the ethnicity/cultural aspect. Just like there are non-observant Jews. They're not Jewish in the religious sense, but still Jewish.

1 hour ago, ChaosRose said:

I think what he's saying has to do with the ethnicity/cultural aspect. Just like there are non-observant Jews. They're not Jewish in the religious sense, but still Jewish.

Then they would be Hebrew or Israeli and they may be of any faith, whereas a Jewish would be religious in Judaism ,Sammy Davis Jr.  Was a jew not trying to be abrasive just thought I'did make note.:D

jmccr8

Edited by jmccr8
Phone auto correct
  • Like 1

There are Messianic Jews. Who believe Jesus was the Messiah, but continue to live by Jewish law for some reason.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messianic_Judaism

Messianic Judaism is a syncretic movement that combines Christianity—most importantly, the Christian belief that Jesus is the Messiah—with elements of Judaism and Jewish tradition,[1][2][3][4][5] its current form emerging in the 1960s and 1970s.[1][2][6][7][8][9][10][11]

10 hours ago, Doug1o29 said:

From Jewish numerology.

Doug

I've never been sold on the 666 = Nero theory.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_of_the_Beast#Nero

Nero

Preterist theologians typically support the numerical interpretation that 666 is the equivalent of the name and title, Nero Caesar (Roman Emperor from 54-68).[20][21][22][23][24][25] (whose name, written in Aramaic, can be valued at 666, using the Hebrew numerology of gematria), a manner of speaking against the emperor without the Roman authorities knowing. Also "Nero Caesar" in the Hebrew alphabet is נרון קסר NRON QSR, which when used as numbersrepresent 50 200 6 50 100 60 200, which add to 666.

Preterists argue that Revelation was written before the destruction of the Temple, with Nero exiling John to Patmos.[28] Most scholars, however, argue it was written after Nero committed suicide in AD 68. The Catholic Encyclopediahas noted that Revelation was "written during the latter part of the reign of the Roman Emperor Domitian, probably in A.D. 95 or 96".[29]

I tend to feel that this theory came from people who wanted the events of Revelation to be in the past and so hacked/cobbled/massaged the numbers to get it all to fit. This kind of numerology was also used by many to suggest that President Obama was the Anti-Christ. 

The Book of Revelation is suspected to have been written well after Nero's reign, so then did John of Patmos already believe that most of Revelations was over? That seems unlikely. Revelation wasn't written as a history, but as a prophesy that was waiting to happen. 

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Then they would be Hebrew or Israeli and they may be of any faith, whereas a Jewish would be religious in Judaism ,Sammy Davis Jr.  Was a jew not trying to be abrasive just thought I'did make note.:D

jmccr8

I realize what you're saying, but again, there is a cultural and ethnic piece to Judaism (for non-converts) that doesn't exist in, say...Catholicism. A person raised Catholic can become an atheist and that's it. They're no longer Catholic. A person born a Jew is still going to be a Jew whether or not they are now an atheist. It's why people are called secular Jews. I don't think you're understanding the difference. For instance, people don't get a Gentile name because they found Jesus. 

If you toss away the religious aspect of all this. All of us already have the "mark of the beast", we're given it at birth. Our SSN is one of them. Same for our bank account numbers, hell anything that numerically connects us to anything. 

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

If you toss away the religious aspect of all this. All of us already have the "mark of the beast", we're given it at birth. Our SSN is one of them. Same for our bank account numbers, hell anything that numerically connects us to anything. 

But primarily, the "mark(s) of the beast" are simply those things in life that lean towards being animalistic or beastly vs those that are spiritual. 

I do not believe in the spiritual. I often associate the word spiritual with emotionality. As the spiritual is all about how people "feel". Which is chemical. 

5 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I do not believe in the spiritual. I often associate the word spiritual with emotionality. As the spiritual is all about how people "feel". Which is chemical. 

Well then, how ever you want to look at it. Then consider the term spiritual to be all those things that are a part of being human, which are in addition to the "mark(s) of the beast" of all the world's animals which are that "feeling" you mentioned, noble, upright, upstanding, honorable, selfless, altruistic and good. Whatever it is that's the difference, and makes us more than animals.

4 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Yeah, I agree the SSN looks like the number of the beast.  The scripture says it is the number of a man, and ironically the SSN is the number of men.  Also, the form to get a replacement SS card is numbered 6066 something.  They also made a law that part of the SSN cannot contain 666.  That is, the demographic part of the number that spans a large population.  Also, if you have consecutive 6's in your SSN you can legally get it changed, or for identity theft, and I was looking at a website where some lawyer claimed to have a loophole in the law where they will take your SSN off record altogether.

Anyway, the point is that the scripture says there will be a mark on the right hand or in the forehead.  That hasn't happened yet.  So when in Revelation it says, "Don't seal the sayings of this book, for the time is at hand."  Well, it obviously isn't at hand yet, literally, because they haven't started putting the mark on our hands yet.  Also, it's sort of unclear, but the false prophet is given 42 months to trample the saints and angels, so I think that also means the mark of the beast will be in effect for about 42 months.  These systems and numbers have been around for about a century, so it's impossible to exist with, because 42 months is a long time, and you'll most likely die if you refuse, but I think that's how long it's supposed to take.

You can buy and sell without the number of the beast too, without a SSN.  I proved this to myself to make a testimony to God, when I gathered a dollar in change off the ground and bought a soda, just so I could say to God that we can still buy and sell without the mark of the beast.  Currency has always  been around...

So, these numbers may be part of the number of the beast, but the mark isn't on our right hands or foreheads yet, so the time is obviously not at hand, not right now, so maybe the book should be sealed to shut up the cry of wolf that the mark of the beast is upon us.

Daniel Chapter 12

1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.
2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.
3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.
4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.
5 Then I Daniel looked, and, behold, there stood other two, the one on this side of the bank of the river, and the other on that side of the bank of the river.
6 And one said to the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, How long shall it be to the end of these wonders?
7 And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.
8 And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things?
9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.
10 Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.
11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.
12 Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.
13 But go thou thy way till the end be: for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot at the end of the days.

14 minutes ago, Opus Magnus said:

Yeah, I agree the SSN looks like the number of the beast.  The scripture says it is the number of a man, and ironically the SSN is the number of men.  Also, the form to get a replacement SS card is numbered 6066 something.  They also made a law that part of the SSN cannot contain 666.  That is, the demographic part of the number that spans a large population.  Also, if you have consecutive 6's in your SSN you can legally get it changed, or for identity theft, and I was looking at a website where some lawyer claimed to have a loophole in the law where they will take your SSN off record altogether.

Anyway, the point is that the scripture says there will be a mark on the right hand or in the forehead.  That hasn't happened yet.  So when in Revelation it says, "Don't seal the sayings of this book, for the time is at hand."  Well, it obviously isn't at hand yet, literally, because they haven't started putting the mark on our hands yet.  Also, it's sort of unclear, but the false prophet is given 42 months to trample the saints and angels, so I think that also means the mark of the beast will be in effect for about 42 months.  These systems and numbers have been around for about a century, so it's impossible to exist with, because 42 months is a long time, and you'll most likely die if you refuse, but I think that's how long it's supposed to take.

You can buy and sell without the number of the beast too, without a SSN.  I proved this to myself to make a testimony to God, when I gathered a dollar in change off the ground and bought a soda, just so I could say to God that we can still buy and sell without the mark of the beast.  Currency has always  been around...

So, these numbers may be part of the number of the beast, but the mark isn't on our right hands or foreheads yet, so the time is obviously not at hand, not right now, so maybe the book should be sealed to shut up the cry of wolf that the mark of the beast is upon us.

Some places you can pay for things by scanning your hand, and you can now unlock devices with your fingerprint. There's no need for a mark. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Some places you can pay for things by scanning your hand, and you can now unlock devices with your fingerprint. There's no need for a mark. 

Yeah, but it's not mandatory yet.

11 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Oh, I thought you were talking about the verichip.  Anyway something interesting about that is the calculator company CASIO does a lot of work on it, and in some translations it says, "For him who has understanding, let him calculate the number of the beast." But, in other translations it says count.  But, it being a calculator company I thought it was an interesting coincidence.

I've thought about how fingerprinting is like the number of the beast too, I mean mark.  But....  These things don't all fit it exactly.  I guess it doesn't matter, I guess it just comes down to that everyone who wants to buy or sell will have to have something done to their right hands or foreheads.  Also, retina scanners.  But...  Idk, it sounds kind of lame, but I guess we'll know when it becomes mandatory.

• Like 1

Just now, XenoFish said:

Regardless of whatever you want to read into any of this, it'll all be self fulfilling prophecy.

That's what I was already saying before, but that means a mass genocide too.

Just now, Opus Magnus said:

That's what I was already saying before, but that means a mass genocide too.

And? We are human, genocide seems to thrive within us from time to time. 

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked