Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mark of the Beast

Opus Magnus

Mark of the Beast  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Would you take or receive the mark of the beast six hundred three score and six in your right hand or forehead?

• Yes
    • No

5 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

What amazes me is that people believe in this stuff.

So, are you taking it or not?

1 minute ago, Opus Magnus said:

Since it doesn't exist, it doesn't matter. Anything could be considered "the mark" if it agree with your beliefs. 

Now that I mention it. God does seem more like a devil and a lot of people have cross tattoo, I suppose that's the real mark of the beast. A cultural meme that's brainwashed many throughout the ages. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That's what the pharisees answered when Jesus asked them, "Did John the Baptist come from heaven, or humanly earth." And they said to one another, " If we say yes, from heaven then he will say then why didn't you believe him. And if we say no from earth, then the people will hate us because they thought he was a prophet." So they said they didn't know. So Jesus said, "Because you won't answer I won't tell you either."

On ‎5‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 5:46 AM, Opus Magnus said:

The roman coin?

On 6/4/2019 at 4:21 PM, XenoFish said:

Since it doesn't exist, it doesn't matter. Anything could be considered "the mark" if it agree with your beliefs. 

Now that I mention it. God does seem more like a devil and a lot of people have cross tattoo, I suppose that's the real mark of the beast. A cultural meme that's brainwashed many throughout the ages. 

I just assumed it was Brock Lesnars poorly drawn sword tattoo.

The Bible to me is like a Jesus centric comic book. If you die for not taking the mark and you believe in Jesus you go to heaven eventually. If you took the mark, asked forgiveness and repented you'd go to heaven eventually too. Just based on the rules set forth it wouldn't matter much. I guess if you took the mark and then didn't repent and ask forgiveness from God according to the rules you'd go to hell. But if you were a true believer why would care if you didn't take it and were killed or died of starvation or disease because you'd have still gone to heaven eventually. 

10 hours ago, darkmoonlady said:

If you die for not taking the mark and you believe in Jesus you go to heaven eventually. If you took the mark, asked forgiveness and repented you'd go to heaven eventually too. Just based on the rules set forth it wouldn't matter much.

This perfectly refutes all the 'Armageddon' bushwa. 

Supposedly, if one doesn't 'take the mark', you die.

But, since god is supposed to know 'what is in your heart', if you took the mark just to survive, but still worshipped your god, and sought forgiveness, you are spared.

And since many people have stated that the whole of Revelations has to do with Nero, and Rome, then all the rest is just fear mongering by the faithful, in order to bolster their own position.

Not to mention that the whole persona of Jesus in 'Revelations" is completely counter to his depiction in the NT. From "meek shepherd going to the slaughter" to "sword wielding slayer of the damned." Just another rendition of the bi-polar nature of the Judeo-Christian god.

On 04/06/2019 at 9:28 PM, Opus Magnus said:

Jesus asked them

"Did John the Baptist come from heaven, or humanly earth." 

What about his mother Elisheba? 

what it is with the writers of the bible, did they have any idea at all on how humans are born? 

Even Jesus had a mother and  father ( both humans), seems ridiculous that  he would ask this in the first place.

On 6/9/2017 at 3:14 AM, Opus Magnus said:

Just wondering, was curious, as to right now, how many people would be willing to take the mark of the beast in their right hands or forehead? 

What's in it for me? 

• Like 1

I didn't read the whole thread nor the scriptures because I just don't believe in that stuff. You have to remember that, to a person who has not been indoctrinated with these beliefs, these things mean absolutely NOTHING - it is mythology and fiction and not to be taken seriously by any rational person.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Mr Guitar said:

I didn't read the whole thread nor the scriptures because I just don't believe in that stuff. You have to remember that, to a person who has not been indoctrinated with these beliefs, these things mean absolutely NOTHING - it is mythology and fiction and not to be taken seriously by any rational person.

Exactly, that's why I asked what's in it for me? 

A badge just seems a bit p*** poor yaknow? 

• Like 1

When the Raptue comes and all the true believers are taken, I will most likely not be one of them. I suppose I will have to wait until it happens, before I can make a decision. I know this is a weak answer, because the answer should be a resounding no. But one thing I have learned over the years, you never know  what you may do until you are faced with it. I know that by saying no and sticking to it no matter what you will receive redemption, even with that said I still could not answer yes or no at this time.

i suppose I am just weak, however, I am also trying to answer honestly.

Edited by Manwon Lender

2 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

I suppose I will have to wait until it happens, before I can make a decision. I know this is a weak answer, because the answer should be a resounding no. But one thing I have learned over the years, you never know  what you may do until you are faced with it.

i suppose I am just weak, however, I am also trying to answer honestly.

Exactly!!! 

What if there's cookies involved!!!!!! 

Changes everything. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Exactly!!! 

What if there's cookies involved!!!!!! 

Changes everything. 

My experience in life has shown many times that people will make many claims, that they will do this or that and when confronted with the situation they will do just the opposite in most cases out of fear. 

JIMO

• 2 years later...

It looks like it has finally been 42 months since this thread was created. What does everyone think? Is Corona Virus related to the Mark of the Beast? Is mandatory vaccination akin to the Mark of the Beast? Shutdowns? Mask wearing? Everyone having to wear a mask habib? Try putting the mask on your forehead. I'm personally not worried about it. We finally made it here though. Unless we get 7 years or worse.... 

• Haha 1

Just now, The_Phantom_Stranger said:

It looks like it has finally been 42 months since this thread was created. What does everyone think? Is Corona Virus related to the Mark of the Beast? Is mandatory vaccination akin to the Mark of the Beast? Shutdowns? Mask wearing? Everyone having to wear a mask habib? Try putting the mask on your forehead. I'm personally not worried about it. We finally made it here though. Unless we get 7 years or worse.... 

No to all your questions.

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
5 hours ago, The_Phantom_Stranger said:

Hi Phantom

No

• Like 2

5 hours ago, The_Phantom_Stranger said:

Well, it is a year late. Last winter would have been 42 months.

This year 2021-2022 is actually a sabbath year. The next year 2022-2023 is the real Jubilee year. However the official Jubilee year is 2029-2030.

This is because the official date of the sabbath and Jubilee years is taken from the destruction of the second temple in year 3829 (68-69 AD). This happens by chance to be divisible by 7 and lines up with the creation year to give the same sabbaths. 3829 is not divisible by 49 though, so Jubilees differ from the creation date. The current date from creation is 5782 and is divisible by 49. It would make next year the 118th Jubilee since creation. Not an extraordinary number. 5782-3829=1953 is not divisible by 49 though. Jump ahead 7 years to 5789 (2028-2029) and relating to the destruction of the second temple 5789-3829=1960. 1960 when divided by 49 comes out to the 40th Jubilee since the destruction of the second temple. 40 is a significant number.

If however what you are saying about the Corona Virus being the mark of the beast is true. Then we would only be 24 months into it 2 years. That would mean there is 18 months left or a year and a half. We are over halfway through it. Stay strong. God bless.

Edited by Opus Magnus
  • Like 1

On 6/8/2017 at 12:41 PM, OverSword said:

And this is supposing that you are aware that by taking this mark you are damning yourself?

I believe that it will be impossible NOT to understand what your choice will mean.  Considering the permanent consequences that will follow from a choice to receive the Mark, there will be the chance to decide what you believe prior to accepting it.  I think that most by far, who are alive at that time WILL decide to go with the comfort and eventually, the survival that comes with being able to feed yourself by having this "mark".  I believe that is the whole purpose of the mark.  Those alive at that time will finally have to choose God or Satan.  Since the vast majority no longer seem to believe there IS a God, it won't be a choice that causes very many any serious discomfort or excessive time in choosing.  

7 minutes ago, and then said:

I believe that it will be impossible NOT to understand what your choice will mean.  Considering the permanent consequences that will follow from a choice to receive the Mark, there will be the chance to decide what you believe prior to accepting it.  I think that most by far, who are alive at that time WILL decide to go with the comfort and eventually, the survival that comes with being able to feed yourself by having this "mark".  I believe that is the whole purpose of the mark.  Those alive at that time will finally have to choose God or Satan.  Since the vast majority no longer seem to believe there IS a God, it won't be a choice that causes very many any serious discomfort or excessive time in choosing.  

I don’t accept the book of revelation as legitimate.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Opus Magnus said:

If however what you are saying about the Corona Virus being the mark of the beast is true. Then we would only be 24 months into it 2 years. That would mean there is 18 months left or a year and a half. We are over halfway through it. Stay strong. God bless.

Unless Trump's "Abraham Accords" is the treaty spoken of in scripture then the clock can't be ticking on that 7-year period yet.  That is the first sign.  Israel will enter into a peace with the "many".  42 months later begins GREAT TRIBULATION.  That's precisely 1,260 days.  The Abraham Accord was signed on 8/13/20.  Also, there was no clause I'm aware of which includes any mention of a 7-year period associated with the treaty.  I've always assumed the 7 years would be due to a phased implementation as a measure for building confidence.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I don’t accept the book of revelation as legitimate.  

Several of the Major Prophets also explain these events.  Daniel and Isaiah as well as Ezekiel all cover most of the same events. Most today do not accept scripture of any book as legitimate.  I guess it will make the choice easier for them.  I think that as we get deeper into the unfolding of these events that have been clearly defined in scripture, it will become less and less a certainty for many people.  Those who are young today will be apt to go along more readily, I think.  A majority of them grew up in families that simply did not believe so how could they choose otherwise?  Look at how many are getting in line for vaccines that have clearly had a reason to be doubtful about?  People will take the mark for little more than convenience, at least initially.  Naturally, more awareness of scripture will be spread in the world so more people will begin to question it all anew. 

For example, if we see a charismatic world leader rise to power by bringing peace to the M.E., AND that treaty is say, implemented over a 7-year period for "confidence building measures" to unfold, would that cause you to pause and look at the issue again?  What about seeing Jerusalem "compassed" with armies that are going to invade?  There are several more distinct inflection points that will serve to bolster these claims but none of them will matter after one decides to pledge their allegiance to this leader.  He will openly profane and blaspheme the God of the Bible and those who take the mark will have seen and heard him do so.  If I read scripture aright, the point where this mark becomes mandatory will be at the mid-point of the seven years.  I assume the identifier will be voluntary in the beginning but eventually, people will be forced to choose.  This leader rises to power by making "peace" but at the midpoint (42 months or 1260 days) he will break the covenant, declare himself to be god and demand that people take his mark.  

Edited by and then
  • Like 1

There’s only one place in history that you will hear mention of the Mark of the Beast, and it occurs in the work entitled, “The Revelation” also known as the Apocalypse of John.  It is a failed prophecy that never occurred.  It’s one of the biggest reasons that I lost faith in the Bible, FWIW.

• Like 1