Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mark of the Beast

Opus Magnus

Mark of the Beast  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Would you take or receive the mark of the beast six hundred three score and six in your right hand or forehead?

• Yes
    • No

1 minute ago, John Christian said:

The "man of perdition" was living at the time Paul was around, the man of perdition is who has been turned into some future Antichrist that will fool the world. It happened along time ago. 

Yes the man of perdition is "Satan", just a man who decieves the nations. He is the only man ever called Satan in the Bible. Just a man though

In Genesis 3:15" And I will put enmity Between you and the woman, And between your seed and her seed; He shall bruise you on the head, And you shall bruise him on the heel."

But in form you're talking about Nero a man like many that may have been possessed. I think this final thing is much more than that because I think it's it's last time of anything before judgement.

1 minute ago, Ellapennella said:

In Genesis 3:15" And I will put enmity Between you and the woman, And between your seed and her seed; He shall bruise you on the head, And you shall bruise him on the heel."

But in form you're talking about Nero a man like many that may have been possessed. I think this final thing is much more than that because I think it's it's last time of anything before judgement.

I'm not talking about Nero. I'm talking about the only man ever actually called Satan in the Bible. 

1 minute ago, CeresExpo2000 said:

You need to take a step back and look at the Big Picture.

Lucifer is a prisoner here on Earth.

Many others were thrown down here also. I hear the 1st 3 were: Lucifer, Beelzebub and Leviathan.

The Vatican knows about ALL of them.

That is your first clue.

How would they know?

The Vatican, if you look at it you can find a lot of symbolism of Babylon.

• Like 1

So in reading this twice I read where there was a misinterpretation of someone saying that Paul stated the day of the end day was in that day but Paul never said that , he corrected it and in doing so he said

The idea that the Day of the Lord had already come conflicted with what Paul had previously taught them about the Rapture. This error, which so upset the Thessalonians, is what Paul corrected (in verses 3-12). Where he showed that the day hadn’t come and couldn’t until certain realities were in place, most especially “the man of lawlessness” (verse 3).

4 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

No I'm referring to this

And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
Luke 4:8 KJV

7 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

The Vatican, if you look at it you can find a lot of symbolism of Babylon.

You mean the Vatican where the "chair of St peter" is?? Of course there is a lot of symbolism of Babylon there

The church that is at Babylon, elected together with you, saluteth you; and so doth Mark my son.
1 Peter 5:13 KJV

When revelation was written, Satan's seat was already established in that "church" at Babylon 

I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan's seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth.
Revelation 2:13 KJV

Just now, John Christian said:

No I'm referring to this

And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

But , you stated something about the man of perdition being in Paul's day but Paul said that hadn't happened yet.

Just now, Ellapennella said:

But , you stated something about the man of perdition being in Paul's day but Paul said that hadn't happened yet.

No, Paul said when he is revealed, not that he was around. It wouldn't be seen for a long time, but it would be revealed. 

The mystery of iniquity was already at work, and would eventually be revealed. 

That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.  Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;  Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.  Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?  And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.  For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.  And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
2 Thessalonians 2:2‭-‬8 KJV

No, Paul said when he is revealed, not that he was around. It wouldn't be seen for a long time, but it would be revealed. 

That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.  Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;  Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.  Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?  And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.  For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.  And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

And, was it revealed yet? ever?

2 minutes ago, John Christian said:

What I fully said was this :

So in reading this twice I read where there was a misinterpretation of someone saying that Paul stated the day of the end day was in that day but Paul never said that , he corrected it and in doing so he said

The idea that the Day of the Lord had already come conflicted with what Paul had previously taught them about the Rapture. This error, which so upset the Thessalonians, is what Paul corrected (in verses 3-12). Where he showed that the day hadn’t come and couldn’t until certain realities were in place, most especially “the man of lawlessness” (verse 3).

4 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

What I fully said was this :

Yeah I know what you said 

So,  the reality of this Mark of the beast,   is it a reality not necessarily a physical object  ? I personally understand it as when  Jesus said , Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

Matthew 22 : 37

7 minutes ago, John Christian said:

Yeah I know what you said 

I don't understand what point you're trying to make.

eta

about the man of perdition. I thought you stated that it was in Paul's day.

Edited by Ellapennella

21 minutes ago, John Christian said:

No I'm referring to this

You mean the Vatican where the "chair of St peter" is?? Of course there is a lot of symbolism of Babylon there

The church that is at Babylon, elected together with you, saluteth you; and so doth Mark my son.
1 Peter 5:13 KJV

When revelation was written, Satan's seat was already established in that "church" at Babylon 

I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan's seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth.
Revelation 2:13 KJV

So, it seems  you think it will come from the Vatican? What about the 3rd temple ?

eta

what about that seat?

Edited by Ellapennella

8 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

So,  the reality of this Mark of the beast,   is it a reality not necessarily a physical object  ? I personally understand it as when  Jesus said , Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

Matthew 22 : 37

Sure, and people will tell you how much they love him as they destroy everything he teaches. 

They will tell you he is risen, but every thoughts and deed that come from them says he isn't 

3 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

So, it seems  you think it will come from the Vatican? What about the 3rd temple ?

Third temple? 

Sure, and people will tell you how much they love him as they destroy everything he teaches. 

They will tell you he is risen, but every thoughts and deed that come from them says he isn't 

It's sad. Seems like we've  watched television too long without realizing we were being spoon feed what to think as God was being removed from the hearts & minds of the youths, us all. .

4 minutes ago, John Christian said:

Third temple? 

Sorry about misunderstanding you I was trying to figure out the son of perdition thing and i didn't fully get to read everything you were posting.

Yeah, the one in Jerusalem they are wanting to rebuild along with returning back to sacrifices of burnt offerings. 

https://prophecyinthenews.com/articles/where-in-jerusalem-will-the-third-temple-of-god-be-built-before-christ-returns/

It's sad. Seems like we've  watched television too long without realizing we were being spoon feed what to think as God was being removed from the hearts & minds of the youths, us all. .

You're right about that, but we allow ourselves to be spoon-fed, by those who are too willing to spoon feed us. If we would look for ourselves instead of allowing men to tell us how it is, it may be different 

Sorry about misunderstanding you I was trying to figure out the son of perdition thing and i didn't fully get to read everything you were posting.

Yeah, the one in Jerusalem they are wanting to rebuild along with returning back to sacrifices of burnt offerings. 

https://prophecyinthenews.com/articles/where-in-jerusalem-will-the-third-temple-of-god-be-built-before-christ-returns/

I just don't see that as a big deal, the temple is a spiritual one built without hands, not a brick and mortar one men put together 

I just don't see that as a big deal, the temple is a spiritual one built without hands, not a brick and mortar one men put together 

Okay so. you don't see it as a big deal , Do you think  Jesus will see it as a big deal? Do you think the son of perdition will see it as a big deal?

• Like 1

I'm thinking that I shouldn't of have doubted myself in how I perceived your  confusion.

eta

I think I was correct when I said I didn't understand you, again I don't understand you that is if you are a Christian, you seem to say a lot about Christians, are you one yourself?

Edited by Ellapennella

Okay so. you don't see it as a big deal , Do you think  Jesus will see it as a big deal? Do you think the son of perdition will see it as a big deal?

The "man of perdition" of course he sees it as a big deal since his mind is set on temporal or carnal things. 

I'm thinking that I shouldn't of have doubted myself in how I perceived your  confusion.

OK

5 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

eta

I think I was correct when I said I didn't understand you, again I don't understand you that is if you are a Christian, you seem to say a lot about Christians, are you one yourself?

What is it I say about Christians? 

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked