Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mark of the Beast

Opus Magnus

Mark of the Beast  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Would you take or receive the mark of the beast six hundred three score and six in your right hand or forehead?

• Yes
    • No

Reading this thread, it’s hard to see what people see as a benefit in believing Christianity.  Along with Job, I guess maybe the Revelation is the worst book in the bible from a theological perspective.  There is no mark of the beast and we are not in the end times.  I could prove this with Bible.....but eh....what’s the point?

• Like 3

Well, in my experience, Christianity is something that just happens to you. Seeing is believing, and if more is said in the lines of what you've experienced, you might expect it to happen.

But most religions have an example of the end of days. As far as I know, Ragnarok is an original idea, unless it is an early Christian conspiracy to overwrite religion. And, it would fit into the end of the thousand year reign, and the battle would be with the undead, the idea of zombies. "Let the dead rise and smell the incense!" But not all of these things are described in Revelation, but you can also find other religions that explain more about the start of Genesis. Even though you're not supposed to add to the sayings of the book without adding the plagues unto you.

But, I guess if this thread lasts another two and a half years, something might change because it's already been up almost a year, and the mark of the beast is only supposed to last 42 months.

But, only God can tell if the mark will be instituted. Jesus says not to worry about these things anyway, and only God, not even Jesus knows when the world will end, so says the Gospel.

But, anyone who would want to take a mark in their right hand or forehead sounds like a masochist to me. Even the people who have taken the verichip in their right hands sound like masochists. A small splinter causes perpetual nagging pain, so a chip the size of a grain of rice must be painful, even when they say it isn't, I'm sure they're lying. Talk about a mustard seed to move mountains.

• Like 1

In Jeiwsh numerology, the name CAESAR NERO is the number 666.  The Book of Revelation is a diatribe against Rome, couched in vague language so the writer didn't get himslef crucified or worse.

Doug

• Like 3

Where does the bible say "count the number" means gematria or numerology?

3 hours ago, MysticWolf said:

Where does the bible say "count the number" means gematria or numerology?

Ahhh, Revelation 13:18

Count or calculate the number of the beast.

Yeah, it probably means those things as well as all ways of counting it. Aleister Crowley goes over it a bit in his book in Gematria and it's a little interesting.

Also the M on monster energy drinks is really three representations of the hebrew letter Vau, which has a numerical value of 6. Then their slogan, "Unleash the beast," is another sign.

Because more than just hebrew letters have numerical values, I think, and it's not all linear. At least in English which is pretty abased.

But, I think there are people throughout history who add up to the number and it's probably all some things in line. Like how Casio the calculator company has a lot of stock in verichip developement. Ironic with the calculation verse, and Linux permissions, the purity markings on precious metals, today like how Ryleh said the mark was on the coin of Ceasar or whatever back in the day and everything else.

5 hours ago, Doug1o29 said:

In Jeiwsh numerology, the name CAESAR NERO is the number 666.  The Book of Revelation is a diatribe against Rome, couched in vague language so the writer didn't get himslef crucified or worse.

Doug

Depends on if you believe it was written using Jewish Numerology.

Myself, I don't believe in "Bible Code" and other back figuring codes. If you want to bad enough it is possible to shoe horn whatever you want into the Bible by using some kind of decoding.

I feel the same about the number equaling Nero, as I do about the idea that half of 666... 333 is the date of Jesus's death. :rolleyes: :blink:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DieChecker said:

Depends on if you believe it was written using Jewish Numerology.

Myself, I don't believe in "Bible Code" and other back figuring codes. If you want to bad enough it is possible to shoe horn whatever you want into the Bible by using some kind of decoding.

I feel the same about the number equaling Nero, as I do about the idea that half of 666... 333 is the date of Jesus's death. :rolleyes: :blink:

March 20, 33 AD would be the date of a partial eclipse visible from Jerusalem.  Now that I have seen a total eclipse, I realize that a partial eclipse might have passed unnoticed.  Unfortunately for the Bible story, this was two weeks before Passover that year, which was on April 3.

There was a great earthquake, variously dated as occurring in 33 AD (based on varve counts) and 31 AD (based on histories recording who was in power when).  Errors can occur in both.  By itself, this does not produce a date for Jesus' execution, but varve counts tend to be more accurate than ancient histories.  A great (>6.8) earthquake occurring on April 3, 33 AD would be consistent with known facts and the biblical story, at least until both the varve counts and histories can be double-checked.  Unfortunately for your little meme, that puts Jesus' execution in April.  Best fit does not equal only fit.

One other note on the earthquake:  there is building damage at Qumran, but none on surviving buildings in Jerusalem.  That is consistent with a more-southerly epicenter.  The quake may not have been all that impressive in Jerusalem.

Jewish numerology was in use at the time John of Patmos lived.  History does not record whether he was familiar with it.  BUT:  the rest of Revelation has many identifiable anti-Roman elemnets in it.  They make sense in Jewish tradition, but not in Roman.  So I'm sticking with Caesar Nero, but once again, best fit does not equal only fit.

Doug

• Like 2

OK so I am gonna sound like a liar because my story is phenomenal. My birthday is 11 01 1974 At 2:22 a.m. which I have reduced to 11 11 11 222 and life path 6. My twin brother was born on 2:27 11 01 1974 =6 my little brother 10 27 1976=6

I was raised around the occult or at leased versed in it started astrology young after tarot. I dated a man in the a order of the occut let's just say...and we had a son which my son was named Solomon Benecio Brown

1636465 2555396 29655=93

93 the occult number for agape. 

My sons birthday is 1 7 2005 =6

His dad 12 27 1965 =6

I happened to marry the dads cousin in 2014 because I wanted in the family and had known him 14 years longer than father. 

1 5 1971 you guessed it =6

Three Scorpios three Capricorns. These men destroyed my life with their narcissistic bullying however after many years later I have lifted the blind fold to what they would of rather had happened to me which was death or prison. I I just realized I am the only woman also. Please regard what I am staying is fact in my life and it freaks me out. I stated the secret society generically to not implicate anyone. I would love some more objective insight please. I just saw i am post 22 of 22.

Edited by Hedsalt

8 hours ago, Hedsalt said:

OK so I am gonna sound like a liar because my story is phenomenal. My birthday is 11 01 1974 At 2:22 a.m. which I have reduced to 11 11 11 222 and life path 6. My twin brother was born on 2:27 11 01 1974 =6 my little brother 10 27 1976=6

I was raised around the occult or at leased versed in it started astrology young after tarot. I dated a man in the a order of the occut let's just say...and we had a son which my son was named Solomon Benecio Brown

1636465 2555396 29655=93

93 the occult number for agape. 

My sons birthday is 1 7 2005 =6

His dad 12 27 1965 =6

I happened to marry the dads cousin in 2014 because I wanted in the family and had known him 14 years longer than father. 

1 5 1971 you guessed it =6

Three Scorpios three Capricorns. These men destroyed my life with their narcissistic bullying however after many years later I have lifted the blind fold to what they would of rather had happened to me which was death or prison. I I just realized I am the only woman also. Please regard what I am staying is fact in my life and it freaks me out. I stated the secret society generically to not implicate anyone. I would love some more objective insight please. I just saw i am post 22 of 22.

Yeah, idk. Wouldn't 11 01 1974 2:22 be 11 1 11 222 and not 11 11 11 222 ? Also if you use sidereal astrology, where the sun really is at the time they might not be in Capricorn and Scorpio really. Because most astrology is uncalibrated by about 30 degrees.  But my preference is to always use the actual location of the Sun and planets, because it doesn't make sense not to, and has probably deceived billions of people into misinterpereting their own Sun sign, without warning. But, God bless.

Edited by Opus Magnus

As for the practice of astrology. If it weren't for the three Magi practicing astrology and wise crafts, then baby Jesus wouldn't have gotten his gold, frankinsence, and myrhh. Initiating the warning to both parties that King Herod was coming to kill all boys two and under to protect his throne, changing the paths of both parties.

• 1 month later...

The payment of King Solomon in a year of gold was six hundred three-score and six of talents of gold. Kings 10:14

14Now the weight of gold that came to Solomon in one year was six hundred threescore and six talents of gold, 15Beside that he had of the merchantmen, and of the traffick of the spice merchants, and of all the kings of Arabia, and of the governors of the country

The parable of talents in the Gospel is all about spending talents to make more, or face the wrath of the King. With such an idea of the number of the beast and gold talents, by one of the most famous kings of Israel. It is a wonder if Jesus understands that in order to spend the talents we are given, sooner or later the number will be crossed. So, while there is time left, it's the will of God to spend these talents. 

Matthew 25

14 For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods.

15 And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey.

16 Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made them other five talents.

17 And likewise he that had received two, he also gained other two.

18 But he that had received one went and digged in the earth, and hid his lord's money.

19 After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and reckoneth with them.

20 And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more.

21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

22 He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them.

23 His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

24 Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed:

25 And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.

26 His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed:

27 Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.

28 Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.

29 For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.

30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Now it has been 2 years in this simulation. The mark of the beast is supposed to be on the whole world for 3.5 years. We're only a bit over half way done! Seems like longer.

Here is some more sixy information.

Kushner ended up selling his stake in the 666 5th avenue building last year. The building that houses Lucent technology that works on RFiD chips. They're free!

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/03/nyregion/kushners-building-fifth-avenue-brookfield-lease.html

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/kushner-family-escapes-burden-of-666-fifth-ave-via-lease-agreement-with-brookfield-2018-08-05

Edited by Opus Magnus
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Opus Magnus said:

Now it has been 2 years in this simulation. The mark of the beast is supposed to be on the whole world for 3.5 years. We're only a bit over half way done! Seems like longer.

Is it then your belief that we are over half way through the tribulation? Because according to Revelation “the mark” takes place in the last 3.5 years.

41 minutes ago, Ogbin said:

Is it then your belief that we are over half way through the tribulation? Because according to Revelation “the mark” takes place in the last 3.5 years.

Ok, no it's just a simulation. I always thought because it says in Revelation 13:5 the beast was given authority to continue for 42 months that that when he is fully destroyed by the lamb. I guess you're right there"s a second beast that comes out and gives the mark of the beast after the first one.

In Daniel, which I think is quite similar to the Revelation the King that speaks the blasphemies to God overthrows many countries but Edom, Moab, and the prominent people of Ammon escape his hand. This makes me wonder if on a global scale there is some safe place for the actual end. Daniel 11:41

Edited by Opus Magnus

According to the Bible, there can be no tribulation period, no end of days, no mark of the beast without a Jewish temple in Jerusalem where animal sacrifices are being offered daily.  That much is factual.

Personally, I don’t think it will ever happen because in today’s modern world people understand that sacrificing animals doesn’t take away sins, and the practice is barbaric, primitive, and superstitious.

• Like 3

And this, children, is what happens when people place their faith in superstitious beliefs rooted in primitive mumbo-jumbo.

Their brains rot.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Opus Magnus said:

In Daniel, which I think is quite similar to the Revelation the King that speaks the blasphemies to God overthrows many countries but Edom, Moab, and the prominent people of Ammon escape his hand. This makes me wonder if on a global scale there is some safe place for the actual end. Daniel 11:41

I believe halfway through the tribulation when the Jews flee from the anti-christ, that they go into the lands of Moab, Ammon and Edom, which are modern day Jordan. Daniel 11:41 and Revelation 12:13-17

On 3/26/2018 at 5:38 PM, Opus Magnus said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/547336001

"USA Today article"

"You Will Get Chipped - Eventually...."

It's things like this. Employees getting chipped in Wisconsin for their jobs. And some people want to pass a law making it mandatory for all workers to take a chip implant.

It fits into the prophecy. It doesn't take a genius to realize this is a cancerous idea. My hope is that our laws and constitutions protect us from some idiot bringing this into being until at least 200 years from now.

Remember when cell phones were a novelty?  The same thing will happen with biometrics.  I don't think that the chip or tattoo or image of a retina is what causes a person to be lost.  I think that type of technology will just be the vehicle for this leader to demand proof of a person's loyalty or worship.  It will probably be some actual number or symbol that will be implanted inside the tech that easily identifies the individual.  I believe that accepting this mark will not be something a person can do accidentally.  It will have to be a conscious choice.  Once made, it is irrevocable.

• Thanks 1

On 6/2/2019 at 6:25 PM, and then said:

Remember when cell phones were a novelty?  The same thing will happen with biometrics.  I don't think that the chip or tattoo or image of a retina is what causes a person to be lost.  I think that type of technology will just be the vehicle for this leader to demand proof of a person's loyalty or worship.  It will probably be some actual number or symbol that will be implanted inside the tech that easily identifies the individual.  I believe that accepting this mark will not be something a person can do accidentally.  It will have to be a conscious choice.  Once made, it is irrevocable.

And they know they are Denying Jesus in the process!

Rev. 6:13-17 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind. And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places. And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

Rev.9:20-27 And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk: Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts.

Rev. 16:8-11,21 And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire.And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory. And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues for pain, And blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and repented not of their deeds........And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great.

• Thanks 1

On 6/9/2017 at 6:28 PM, Stubbly_Dooright said:

I'm not going to read the bible. I didn't as a kid, and I'm not going to now. It's more than not reading as a child, and that it's something I'm foreign to now. It's also prohibited in my belief system. I would think you could go into explanation without telling someone to read a religious document. Couldn't you? 

Meanwhile, I don't get the thread. Why anyone choose to suffer and to not suffer, is beyond me. 

Why anyone choose to suffer and to not suffer, is beyond me. 

Some religions only have the turn and burn philosophy.

• Like 2

I think it would be possible, if you were held captive that someone could just put the mark of the beast in someone's forehead unwillingly. That is when it does happen.

When I was growing up, on a side note. When cell phones were coming out in the area one of the numbers for our area, not the area code but the next three numbers was 666. I never had a cell phone back then, but a lot of my friends had 666 phones. Sometimes I would think about 666 a lot back then and this was probably why.

Edited by Opus Magnus

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked