Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Opus Magnus

Mark of the Beast

Mark of the Beast  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Would you take or receive the mark of the beast six hundred three score and six in your right hand or forehead?

• Yes
    • No

568 posts in this topic

Opus Magnus
Posted (edited)

I think it would be possible, if you were held captive that someone could just put the mark of the beast in someone's forehead unwillingly. That is when it does happen.

When I was growing up, on a side note. When cell phones were coming out in the area one of the numbers for our area, not the area code but the next three numbers was 666. I never had a cell phone back then, but a lot of my friends had 666 phones. Sometimes I would think about 666 a lot back then and this was probably why.

Edited by Opus Magnus

XenoFish

What amazes me is that people believe in this stuff.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Opus Magnus
5 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

What amazes me is that people believe in this stuff.

So, are you taking it or not?

XenoFish
1 minute ago, Opus Magnus said:

Since it doesn't exist, it doesn't matter. Anything could be considered "the mark" if it agree with your beliefs. 

Now that I mention it. God does seem more like a devil and a lot of people have cross tattoo, I suppose that's the real mark of the beast. A cultural meme that's brainwashed many throughout the ages. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

XenoFish

The crucifix is just a sigil for the Jesus servitor. 

Opus Magnus

That's what the pharisees answered when Jesus asked them, "Did John the Baptist come from heaven, or humanly earth." And they said to one another, " If we say yes, from heaven then he will say then why didn't you believe him. And if we say no from earth, then the people will hate us because they thought he was a prophet." So they said they didn't know. So Jesus said, "Because you won't answer I won't tell you either."

Rlyeh
On ‎5‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 5:46 AM, Opus Magnus said:

The roman coin?

Robotic Jew
On 6/4/2019 at 4:21 PM, XenoFish said:

Since it doesn't exist, it doesn't matter. Anything could be considered "the mark" if it agree with your beliefs. 

Now that I mention it. God does seem more like a devil and a lot of people have cross tattoo, I suppose that's the real mark of the beast. A cultural meme that's brainwashed many throughout the ages. 

I just assumed it was Brock Lesnars poorly drawn sword tattoo.

darkmoonlady

The Bible to me is like a Jesus centric comic book. If you die for not taking the mark and you believe in Jesus you go to heaven eventually. If you took the mark, asked forgiveness and repented you'd go to heaven eventually too. Just based on the rules set forth it wouldn't matter much. I guess if you took the mark and then didn't repent and ask forgiveness from God according to the rules you'd go to hell. But if you were a true believer why would care if you didn't take it and were killed or died of starvation or disease because you'd have still gone to heaven eventually. 

Jodie.Lynne
10 hours ago, darkmoonlady said:

If you die for not taking the mark and you believe in Jesus you go to heaven eventually. If you took the mark, asked forgiveness and repented you'd go to heaven eventually too. Just based on the rules set forth it wouldn't matter much.

This perfectly refutes all the 'Armageddon' bushwa. 

Supposedly, if one doesn't 'take the mark', you die.

But, since god is supposed to know 'what is in your heart', if you took the mark just to survive, but still worshipped your god, and sought forgiveness, you are spared.

And since many people have stated that the whole of Revelations has to do with Nero, and Rome, then all the rest is just fear mongering by the faithful, in order to bolster their own position.

Not to mention that the whole persona of Jesus in 'Revelations" is completely counter to his depiction in the NT. From "meek shepherd going to the slaughter" to "sword wielding slayer of the damned." Just another rendition of the bi-polar nature of the Judeo-Christian god.

freetoroam
On 04/06/2019 at 9:28 PM, Opus Magnus said:

Jesus asked them

"Did John the Baptist come from heaven, or humanly earth." 

What about his mother Elisheba? 

what it is with the writers of the bible, did they have any idea at all on how humans are born? 

Even Jesus had a mother and  father ( both humans), seems ridiculous that  he would ask this in the first place.

psyche101
On 6/9/2017 at 3:14 AM, Opus Magnus said:

Just wondering, was curious, as to right now, how many people would be willing to take the mark of the beast in their right hands or forehead? 

What's in it for me? 

XenoFish
31 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

What's in it for me? 

You get a badge.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcStAQQLMcSh5SWzyGvDMoB

• Haha 3

Mr Guitar

I didn't read the whole thread nor the scriptures because I just don't believe in that stuff. You have to remember that, to a person who has not been indoctrinated with these beliefs, these things mean absolutely NOTHING - it is mythology and fiction and not to be taken seriously by any rational person.

• Like 1

psyche101
26 minutes ago, Mr Guitar said:

I didn't read the whole thread nor the scriptures because I just don't believe in that stuff. You have to remember that, to a person who has not been indoctrinated with these beliefs, these things mean absolutely NOTHING - it is mythology and fiction and not to be taken seriously by any rational person.

Exactly, that's why I asked what's in it for me? 

A badge just seems a bit p*** poor yaknow? 

• Like 1

Manwon Lender
Posted (edited)

When the Raptue comes and all the true believers are taken, I will most likely not be one of them. I suppose I will have to wait until it happens, before I can make a decision. I know this is a weak answer, because the answer should be a resounding no. But one thing I have learned over the years, you never know  what you may do until you are faced with it. I know that by saying no and sticking to it no matter what you will receive redemption, even with that said I still could not answer yes or no at this time.

i suppose I am just weak, however, I am also trying to answer honestly.

Edited by Manwon Lender

psyche101
2 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

I suppose I will have to wait until it happens, before I can make a decision. I know this is a weak answer, because the answer should be a resounding no. But one thing I have learned over the years, you never know  what you may do until you are faced with it.

i suppose I am just weak, however, I am also trying to answer honestly.

Exactly!!! 

What if there's cookies involved!!!!!! 

Changes everything. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Manwon Lender
8 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Exactly!!! 

What if there's cookies involved!!!!!! 

Changes everything. 

My experience in life has shown many times that people will make many claims, that they will do this or that and when confronted with the situation they will do just the opposite in most cases out of fear. 

JIMO