Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

death sentence for blasphomous facebook post

OverSword

Just.....wow......I cry for the ignorance of these people

A Pakistani counter-terrorism court has sentenced to death a man who allegedly committed blasphemy on Facebook, a government prosecutor said on Sunday, the first time someone has been handed the death penalty for blaspheming on social media.

The conviction of Taimoor Raza, 30, follows a high-profile crackdown against blasphemy on social media by the government of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif.

Blasphemy is a highly sensitive topic in Muslim-majority Pakistan, where insulting the Prophet Mohammad is a capital crime for which dozens are sitting on death row. Even mere accusations are enough to spark mass uproar and mob justice.

Shafiq Qureshi, public prosecutor in Bahawalpur, about 500km (300 miles) south of provincial capital Lahore, said Raza was convicted for allegedly making derogatory remarks against Prophet Mohammad, his wives and companions.

Link

• Like 3

Can't wait for Sharia to come to my neighborhood.  Oh wait, it has.  We see it in places like Berkeley.

18 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Can't wait for Sharia to come to my neighborhood.  Oh wait, it has.  We see it in places like Berkeley.

Yes, but according to CNN your anti Muslim if you attended any of the anti Sharia Law protests over the weekend.

• Like 2

Not supporting the move, but in countries like Pakistan it's necessary to have such laws cause any blasphemy content usually results in riots in which innocent and minority communities are killed, looted and raped. These laws will not prevent but reduce people daring to post content casually knowing that they will be hunted down. 

No. 

the "riots" happen because the Imam's "rabble-rouse". Have you ever noticed that the mobs tend to form on Friday evening ?  After Friday "Prayers" at the mosque ? 

They are not spontaneous. The government could stop/defuse them before they happen. 

But they don't, because that would be haram. 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, kartikg said:

Not supporting the move, but in countries like Pakistan it's necessary to have such laws cause any blasphemy content usually results in riots in which innocent and minority communities are killed, looted and raped. These laws will not prevent but reduce people daring to post content casually knowing that they will be hunted down. 

You totally just supported the move. You said it's necessary in Pakistan 

• Like 1

Where are the feminists ? 

Where is the gay rights movement ? 

Where are all those "social justice warriors" ? 

Where is the anti-apartheid movement ? 

Where is the UN Human Rights Commission ? 

Oh wait.. they're all too busy protesting against Israel. 

Grrrrr...............................

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 4

"Fortunately", the American rodeo clown's punishment for blasphemy (putting on a mask of the Fraud president and making fun of him) was "only" the destruction of his career and lifetime banishment from the rodeo circuit.

37 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

You totally just supported the move. You said . it's necessary in Pakist, an 

Hmmm yes else the mob will kill you and burn your family and the police force is not capable of handling the riots. pakistan is islamic country more or less and majority of people will support this... overwhelming majority might support this law. 

1 hour ago, kartikg said:

...but in countries like Pakistan it's necessary to have such laws cause any blasphemy content usually results in riots in which innocent and minority communities are killed, looted and raped. These laws will not prevent but reduce people daring to post content casually knowing that they will be hunted down. 

Not commenting on whether you support the move or not but you have it exactly right.  I cannot complain with their mindset, if they wish to keep their society.  But if they wish to mingle on an equal footing with the rest of the world, then they must change.  They must accept the dissenting view in their faith.  But one of their worse sins is backbiting and slander (even if true).  RoofGardener is correct when he says that it is the Imam's "rabble-rousing" that trigger the riots but it is also the faith that enables the flame to catch.  You need both - the medium (ummah) and the leadership (Uluma).

It's amazing how adept the MSM and Academia is in adapting these very same tactics.

Edited by RavenHawk

Actually @Ravenhawk we also get to see the mindset of Americans and American business, Facebook is helping pakistan to take down such content and track down the poster, this indicates that Americans just care about business and money, the blood of that man is on the hands of both in this case. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kartikg said:

Actually @Ravenhawk we also get to see the mindset of Americans and American business, Facebook is helping pakistan to take down such content and track down the poster, this indicates that Americans just care about business and money, the blood of that man is on the hands of both in this case. 

Money does trump morality here in the US.  There is a reason Pakistan never made it on the "travel ban" list.  It's the same reason why we won't sanction Pakistan for doing this.  This same thing happens in Saudi Arabia as well.

15 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Where are the feminists ? 

Where is the gay rights movement ? 

Where are all those "social justice warriors" ? 

Where is the anti-apartheid movement ? 

Where is the UN Human Rights Commission ? 

Oh wait.. they're all too busy protesting against Israel. 

Grrrrr...............................

Where is our congress?  Where is our President?  Where is Facebook?   Oh, that's right.  They are complicit in this.

• Like 2

And here you have a classic example of moral relativism...and an example of why moral relativism does not work. Sharia Law allows for killing those who insult the Prophet, homosexuals, women who are the victims of sexual assault, infidels (people of other faiths) and various other 'crimes'. Torture, slavery, genital mutilation of female children and various other acts are condoned by Sharia Law. Yet,  according to moral relativism no system of 'justice' can be superior to any other.

You want to know what the left progressives thinks about all this...they are actually supporting the notion of moral relativism and Sharia Law. But that violates exactly what the progressive left stands for, right? Apparently not...I suggest everyone step back and digest this because it's very important to see the utter insanity at play here.

For further explanation see my post in this other thread:

• Like 3

No one should downplay Facebook's role in this. This man's blood is on their hands almost entirely.

Let's go back in time to March 2017..

Pakistan asks Facebook to help fight blasphemy

Pakistan says it has asked Facebook to help investigate "blasphemous content" posted on the social network by Pakistanis.

Facebook has agreed to send a team to Pakistan to address reservations about content on the social media site, according to the interior ministry.

WHY DOES FACEBOOK CARE ABOUT BLASPHEMY?!

They sent a team to Pakistan to investigate blasphemy against Islam? Is anyone else concerned about this?

The world's biggest social media site is working alongside Pakistan to uphold blasphemy laws. No matter how many times I say it, it still sounds unbelievable. Now, a man is sentenced to death because of Facebook's compliance with Islamic law.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

No one should downplay Facebook's role.  in this. This man's blood is on their hands almost entirely.

They sent a team to Pakistan to investigate blasphemy against Islam? Is anyone else concerned about this?

The world's biggest social media site is working alongside Pakistan to uphold blasphemy laws. No matter how many times I say it, it still sounds unbelievable. Now, a man is sentenced to death because of Facebook's compliance with Islamic law.

facebook has lot of users and revenue which they don't want to loose most companies including American companies care about money . wait till they expand their services to China with heavy censorship

2 minutes ago, kartikg said:

facebook has lot of users and revenue which they don't want to loose most companies including American companies care about money . wait till they expand their services to China with heavy censorship

With Zuckerberg's commitment to "fighting fake news" (AKA removing any content that does not follow the Leftist narrative,) and now literally upholding blasphemy laws for Islam, I'm about to jump ship. There are other ways to keep in touch with family. I can't believe Facebook caved so hard and so fast.

13 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

No one should downplay Facebook's role in this. This man's blood is on their hands almost entirely.

They probably did what they had to do in order to keep facebook in Pakistan.  Not because of greed but because our intelligence agencies need facebook there to help identify radicals.

5 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

With Zuckerberg's commitment to "fightin, g fake news" (AKA removing any content that does not follow the Leftist narrative,) and now literally upholding blasphemy laws for Islam, I'm about to jump ship. There are other ways to keep in touch with family. I can't believe Facebook caved so hard and so fast.

Yes it caved and I think its due to mark's leaning towards Leftist ideology . Apart from that I don't know why people want to read news on Facebook, it's a social networking site and for news read authentic news sources 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, OverSword said:

They probably did what they had to do in order to keep facebook in Pakistan.  Not because of greed but because our intelligence agencies need facebook there to help identify radicals.

I suppose you could make that argument but changing the site's policies just to cater to one single country? And not just any policy, but upholding blasphemy laws? They just underscore that old adage "the road to hell is paved with good intentions"

• Like 1

Just now, kartikg said:

Yes it caved and I think its due to mark's leaning towards Leftist ideology . Apart from that I don't know why people want to read news on Facebook, it's a social networking site and for news read authentic news sources 

After Zuck admitted that Facebook intentionally altered peoples news feeds in an attempt to affect their emotions I figure Facebook is more a social engineering site than anything else. 

• Like 1

Thread cleaned

Let's keep this civil and on topic please.

Probably old news for most but if you havent read about it, get ready to quit FB 

Facebook Manipulated 689,003 Users' Emotions For Science 

Facebook is the best human research lab ever. There’s no need to get experiment participants to sign pesky consent forms as they’ve already agreed to the site’s data use policy. A team of Facebook data scientists are constantly coming up with new ways to study human behavior through the social network. 

• Like 1

Blasphemy laws are also used to eliminate business competition, or just to remove coworkers that don't agree with the majority. 

Asia (Noreen) Bibi is just one of many examples:

"Noreen was involved in an argument with a group of Muslim women with whom she had been harvesting berries after the other women grew angry with her for drinking the same water as them." 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asia_Bibi_blasphemy_case

• Like 1

I would never make a Facebook page for myself mainly because I love my privacy. I remember when the first site like this came out a few years ago, I think it was called "My Page" or something like that, but my wife made a page for me without telling me and I started getting messages from people in my high school days and others I hadn't seen in 25 years. Drove me crazy. I finally just started ignoring everyone. 

My Daughter tells me about her Facebook thing and all her friends and so on, everyone seems to know everything about everyone. I guess privacy is becoming a thing of the past.