Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Strange Red Light

Gigi70

Last night at about 3:30 am, I was trying to fall asleep but I couldn't. I sat up to turn on my bedroom light but I noticed a strange red light glowing on my blankets. It was like a mist, but it was all over my blankets. I don't know what It was because all of my bedroom curtains and blinds were closed and we have no red lights in the house. Any idea what it could be?

6 minutes ago, Gigi70 said:

. Any idea what it could be?

hhmm.... sounds like the well known strange red light phenomena..

Not as bad as the green light phenomena I might add....

• Like 1

It would be nice if you show us your bedroom, as of now I am thinking it could be light from car filtered through your curtains. 

1 minute ago, kartikg said:

It would be nice if you show us your bedroom, as of now I am thinking it could be light from car filtered through your curtains. 

My bedroom is on the second floor of my house and the driveway is very long and covered by trees. I also had my blinds closed and they block out any sort of light very well. I also didn't hear any cars pass by. I'm also thinking that since my bed is far away from the window, it would be near impossible for any sort of light from a car to reflect onto my bed so well.

25 minutes ago, Gigi70 said:

My bedroom is on the s, econd floor of my house and the driveway is very long and covered by . trees. I also had my blinds closed and they block out any sort of light very well. I also didn't hear any cars pass by. I'm also thinking that since my bed is far away from the window, it would be near impossible for any sort of light from a car to reflect onto my bed so well.

ok I give up, I don't know what caused you to see the red light. My guess is it could be from a police car without siren or just something that our eyes and brain coordinate with dimlit environment to produce red hue. Better wait for some experts to reply. 

Actually I have had that same thing happen to me and ignore seeders post when you read this part but when I have this, for lack of a better word, hallucination, it is red at night and green when I first wake up from a nap in the day.  I've seen this off and on for thirty years and it often but not always precedes a migraine headache.

1 hour ago, Gigi70 said:

I sat up to turn on my bedroom light

This could be it...if it had been dark and you turn a light on...your eyes could have been trying to adjust. 

How long did you see the light for and what colour are the walls in your bedroom?

34 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

This could be it...if it had been dark and you turn a light on...your eyes could have been trying to adjust. 

How long did you see the light for and what colour are the walls in your bedroom?

The light wasn't on when I saw it, it was just complete darkness. I saw it for about 10 seconds but then I was a bit freaked out so I turned on the light and it was gone. I just kinda sat up and it was there. The walls are white.

Edited by Gigi70

4 hours ago, Gigi70 said:

The light wasn't on when I saw it, it was just complete darkness. I saw it for about 10 seconds but then I was a bit freaked out so I turned on the light and it was gone. I just kinda sat up and it was there. The walls are white.

Do you have an alarm clock or any electrical items with a small red light on it..eg: standby light?

If you catch even a quick glimse of a light it could seem bigger in a dark room as you look away.

the light could have come from behind you eye or from your brain.....especially as you had your eyes closed while you were trying to fall asleep.

There are many reasons why you could have seen a light.  

Do you wear glasses or contact lens...have you had any stress or anxiety......do you suffer from headaches or migraines?

if this happens again then you should get your eyes checked as it could be a sign there is a problem with your retina.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Just about five minutes ago I saw this strange light. floating there. It was red, and for sure it was not a radio tower. I was wathing telivition and I went to my backyard to put in my dogs, and I look up to the sky to see a glowing red light bouncing up and down. It was cold so I get a sweater and look outside. It moved but is was still visible, it quickly went on my computer and googled it and it brought me here. Then I sign up and I look back outside and it was gone. I was shooken and afraid, so here I am typing about it. Any explanations?

Edit: This happened NorthEast Texas.

Edited by anonymous 17

Good old "3:30 am". Must be magic.