Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Science Proofs: Sphinx is 800K year old

T.U.M

One of the most mysterious, and enigmatic monuments, on the surface of the planet, is without a doubt the Great Sphinx, at the Giza plateau in Egypt. It is an ancient construction, that has baffled researchers ever since its discovery and until today, no one has been able to accurately date the Sphinx, since there are no written records, or mentions in the past about it.

Now, two Ukrainian researchers have proposed a new provocative theory, where the two scientists propose, that the Great Sphinx of Egypt is around 800,000 years old. A Revolutionary theory, that is backed up by science.

The study was presented, at the International Conference of Geoarchaeology, and Archaeomineralogy, held in Sofia titled, GEOLOGICAL ASPECT, OF THE PROBLEM OF DATING, THE GREAT EGYPTIAN SPHINX CONSTRUCTION.

The authors of this paper, are scientists Manichev Vjacheslav, (Institute of Environmental Geochemistry, of the National Academy, of Sciences of Ukraine), and Alexander Parkhomenko, (Institute of Geography, of the National Academy, of Sciences of Ukraine).

The starting point of these two experts, is the paradigm shift initiated by West and Schoch, a ‘debate’ intended to overcome the orthodox view of Egyptology, referring to the possible remote origins of the Egyptian civilization, and on the other, physical evidence of water erosion present, at the monuments of the Giza Plateau.

The truth is that we have very little knowledge, when it comes to the origins of live, and modern civilization.

In a recently published study, experts concluded, that DIFFERENT ‘Complex’ life forms, may have once existed on Earth, before our species came into existence.

“This research shows that there was enough oxygen in the environment, to have allowed complex cells to have evolved…”

According to scientists, we are not the FIRST complex life forms, on planet Earth. In fact, another complex life form existed once, but disappeared at some point during Earth’s long history. Then, after a while, complex life forms reappeared.

Mainstream scholars, agree that given our ‘current’ knowledge of Earth’s history, complex life appeared on our planet, at least some 1 billion and 750 million years ago.

Full documentary is here: https://youtu.be/yZXToV5FmKM

• Like 3

Now that is flipping amazing,

I've heard that before to a much vauger degree and with little evidence so this definitely has my interest peeked.

I'll have to give this a watch in the next few days.  Thanks for sharing this with all of us btw.

Welcome to UM T.U.M. :st Please, take time to read the site rules, check out some threads, and enjoy your time here on UM :tu:

• Like 3

animated-smileys-egypt-15.gif

Edited by toast
  • Like 4

Hmm. I'd heard the theory of it going back to 10500 BC which may or may not be plausible, but 800K? I'm not sure I'm buying into that one just yet. Suspicious.gif

Welcome by the way, intriguing first post

• Like 2

3 hours ago, T.U.M said:

One of the most mysterious, and enigmatic monuments, on the surface of the planet, is without a doubt the Great Sphinx, at the Giza plateau in Egypt. It is an ancient construction, that has baffled researchers ever since its discovery and until today, no one has been able to accurately date the Sphinx, since there are no written records, or mentions in the past about it.

Now, two Ukrainian researchers have proposed a new provocative theory, where the two scientists propose, that the Great Sphinx of Egypt is around 800,000 years old. A Revolutionary theory, that is backed up by science.

The study was presented, at the International Conference of Geoarchaeology, and Archaeomineralogy, held in Sofia titled, GEOLOGICAL ASPECT, OF THE PROBLEM OF DATING, THE GREAT EGYPTIAN SPHINX CONSTRUCTION.

The authors of this paper, are scientists Manichev Vjacheslav, (Institute of Environmental Geochemistry, of the National Academy, of Sciences of Ukraine), and Alexander Parkhomenko, (Institute of Geography, of the National Academy, of Sciences of Ukraine).

The starting point of these two experts, is the paradigm shift initiated by West and Schoch, a ‘debate’ intended to overcome the orthodox view of Egyptology, referring to the possible remote origins of the Egyptian civilization, and on the other, physical evidence of water erosion present, at the monuments of the Giza Plateau.

The truth is that we have very little knowledge, when it comes to the origins of live, and modern civilization.

In a recently published study, experts concluded, that DIFFERENT ‘Complex’ life forms, may have once existed on Earth, before our species came into existence.

“This research shows that there was enough oxygen in the environment, to have allowed complex cells to have evolved…”

According to scientists, we are not the FIRST complex life forms, on planet Earth. In fact, another complex life form existed once, but disappeared at some point during Earth’s long history. Then, after a while, complex life forms reappeared.

Mainstream scholars, agree that given our ‘current’ knowledge of Earth’s history, complex life appeared on our planet, at least some 1 billion and 750 million years ago.

Full documentary is here: https://youtu.be/yZXToV5FmKM

Whaaat   ... that link is to  ' ancient mysteries no 7 '     

The rest of your post doesnt seem to say any thing is disjointed and all over the place .     

Maybe start again and try to be clear what it is you want to say or know , and link some of those unconnected threads together .

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Great Sphinx of Egypt is around 800,000 years old.? no proof of that .

Well, there's a Youtube video!  (irony on)  How could you debate that sort of proof? (irony off)

• Like 3

Djedefre  was the first to create a Sphinx in the history of Egypt  of his mother

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Djedefre

Hetepheres II in the form of a sphinx from www.egyptarchive.co.uk

Some believe that the sphinx of his wife, Hetepheres II, was the first sphinx created. It was part of Djedefre's pyramid complex at Abu Rawash. In 2004, evidence that Djedefre is responsible for the building of the Sphinx at Giza in the image of his father was reported by the French Egyptologist Vassil Dobrev.[18]

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 3

So, let's say it is 800k yo, would you consider it being made by a species of humans who went extinct, or created by a greater extraterrestrial intelligence? And if that, what would be the reason? I see no real secret meaning behind the Sphinx, just a lion with a Pharaon's head, which make sense to be built by humans, who are stupid enough to waste time and resources to build statues. 

If you can give me a reason of why someone else, besides egyptians pharaons would want to built that, I will believe that 800k years old.

It seems I can't edit to receive notifications if someone responds, but I guess you can quote me if you have anything to say.

Edited by Shinji
Wanted to receive notifications.
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Shinji said:

So, let's say it is 800k yo, would you consider it being made by a species of humans who went extinct, or created by a greater extraterrestrial intelligence? And if that, what would be the reason? I see no real secret meaning behind the Sphinx, just a lion with a Pharaon's head, which make sense to be built by humans, who are stupid enough to waste time and resources to build statues. 

If you can give me a reason of why someone else, besides egyptians pharaons would want to built that, I will believe that 800k years old.

It seems I can't edit to receive notifications if someone responds, but I guess you can quote me if you have anything to say.

There is no proof the sphinx was older then just about a few  thousand  years ago :)

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

Great Sphinx of Egypt is around 800,000 years old.? no proof of that .

modern man is what.....200 thousand years old?

1 hour ago, seeder said:

modern man is what.....200 thousand years old?

As I recall, it's now believed modern man emerged about 250,000 years ago Best to check with cormac on that figure.

So for the time being, we can just ignore those 550,000 years that are unaccounted for. Isn't that what "science" would do?

• Like 6

Thread cleaned

Just to clarify, it is acceptable to post a link to one's own YouTube channel/video as long as:

• The topic contains some useful or interesting information
  • There is something to actually discuss
  • The poster isn't spamming i.e. making multiple posts to the same channel or site

If you feel that someone is acting inappropriately, use the report button, don't post inflammatory comments or insults.

Let's give the OP a chance.

• Like 5

Basic gist is that in the authors' opinion, the erosion on the Sphinx was caused by waves, therefore the Sphinx must date to a period when sea levels were much higher.  And the last time they were high enough for the Sphinx to be on the coast (and thus affected by waves) was 800kya.   Ergo the Sphinx is 800,000 year old.

Not a very sound argument IMO!

• Like 4

This is a mixed bag of issues which do not have anything to do with the sphinx. The origins of life re billions of years ago. The poisoning of the atmosphere with oxygen happened billions of years ago. The sphinx is unrelated to those events.

I took a brief look at the paper and as Colito points out they do not consider anything other mechanism for the small bulges that have formed on the Sphinx. These could be due to aeolian erosion such as some of the images seen atthis site

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/456200637224557595/

It could be due to water percolating through the rock after the infrequent rain storm.

They call them wave cut hollow such as ones seen here

http://home.moravian.edu/users/phys/mejjg01/geology/geology pages/geo_map_folder/geo_map_pages/Wave Cut Platform.htm

What they do not show is that there are wave cut hollows at the same elevation as the marks on t he sphinx in other places in the same area. Are we to expect that inundation only formed wave cut hollows on the sphinx and nowhere else?

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Kenemet said:

Your source, I'm afraid, doesn't do a very good job of research.

The paper (which you can read here: http://mgu.bg/geoarchmin/naterials/64Manichev.pdf) is a real mess.  

I won't comment on what the chronically astonished flush onto YouTube but iirc this is the paper that cites, and in a sense relies on, the ''work'' of Helena Blavatsky, the proven fraudulent medium and author of racist tracts and books.

No need to look any further than that.

Harte

• Like 3

I can't get mind around something carved 800k years ago still being in such good condition.  Does not make sense to me

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

The problem with dating the Sphinx is that it never calls and if you DO manage to get it on the phone all it does it offer cryptic statements rather then organise a proper trip to the cinema or dinner out. 

AND it never picks up a cheque.

My sphinx is a  jinx .

My sphinx is a jinx, she's had too many drinks
Stood on too many brinks and got the shove
she speaks in riddles 'cause that's just the way she thinks

- she's taken too much abuse from above

I ask her point blank just too see if she blinks,
Was she ever seduced or in love ?
She tells me I'm talking just like one of her shrinks

and she touches my mouth with her glove.

I was in love she admits but we were opposites
in a battle of wits to the end ,

in a series of seizures and violent fits

that were mostly make believe and pretend . 

Isn't it hard when it finally hits
that your lover is less than a friend ?

Edited by back to earth
  • Like 6

9 hours ago, Irna said:

The constant need to come up with new fringe......even if it is old fringe rehashed, warmed over and beautified with a few sprinkles and sparkles

• Like 4