Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Massive blaze in London, U.K. high-rise

Likely Guy

I was watching it when they first showed it over here, devastating!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

There are  just to many liberal  news channels  focusing on the Russia debate, instead of what's really going on in the world :(

Then find a right wing news source and link it to us for our edufication.

• Like 1

Sky News just said they are hearing that an appliance exploded, but they have no confirmation of that yet. I was watching the live broadcast. It's light there now and there is a lot of smoke and flames inside the building. Fire doesn't seem to be shooting up now like it was.

• Like 2

Just now, Likely Guy said:

Any claims of terrorists or suicide bombers?

Kind of early to find that out !

7 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Kind of early to find that out !

Yet you freely declared, Terrorists! And then blamed the liberal media for not telling the truth.

Your comments thusfar, are truly shameful.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 4

Found this being reported from, I believe, Australia.

http://www.news.com.au/world/europe/london-apartment-block-engulfed-in-fire-chilling-prediction-that-came-true/news-story/fd77ee8c4eb62cafb6d9f78811a900a7

Sounds like this building was a disaster waiting to happen. I'll see if I can find something else.

Editting, Yes, this report is from Britain.

http://www.lbc.co.uk/news/london/west/kensington-chelsea/residents-warned-grenfell-tower-was-a-fire-risk/

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

All I know if it was a local fire in a room, maintenance would have been on the spot   it seems the person with the ideology of suicide would  just let it go :(

Regarding the second to top floor. So far, I've found; "The London Fire Brigade tweeted that the fire involved the second to the top floor of the 27-story building."  

Nothing to say so far that's where the fire originated.

Fire hates to go downhill.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, docyabut2 said:

All I know if it was a local fire in a room, maintenance would have been on the spot   it seems the person with the ideology of suicide would  just let it go :(

Do you have a deeper purpose?

4 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Regarding the second to top floor. So far, I've found; "The London Fire Brigade tweeted that the fire involved the second to the top floor of the 27-story building."  

Nothing to say so far that's where the fire originated.

Fire hates to go downhill.

When the fire brigade arrived there was fire from the 2nd to the 27th floor, is what I've been hearing on TV. 

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 4

OMG. How can a fire spread that quickly? Those poor people didn't have much of a chance to realize what was going on before the fire was fully engaged. If those reports I found are true, it was known there was a serious danger of fire in this building. I don't want to put a lot of credit into them because it really isn't fair to report this and assume things before an actual cause is determined. That may take a couple days, or weeks.

• Like 4

FOX is now reporting on it and they said they were told the fire started on the 26th floor and moved down.

Edited by susieice

The trouble with the news at our finger tips. Everybody scrambles for the exclusive and the truth is sometimes muddled in the panic for ratings.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, susieice said:

FOX is now reporting on it and they said they were told the fire started on the 26th floor and moved down.

I just updated a link to Fox News which makes no mention of where the fire started. Do you have one Susie?

Edited by Likely Guy

Just now, Likely Guy said:

I just updated a link to Fox News which makes no mention of where the fire started. Do you have one Susie?

I was just watching it on TV. The report wasn't very long. Will look to see if it's on the website.

• Like 1

Copied from the live updates on Stuff.co.nz

Police are telling anyone trapped to cover their faces with a wet towel and try to get out as soon as possible, not wait for the fire brigade. Family members on the ground are reportedly on the phone with people trapped inside to transmit this info and, for some, say goodbye

My god that's heart breaking.

• Like 6

A guy who escaped from his 7th floor apartment has just said on TV the fire started on the 4th Floor.

Another witness has just said the 4th Floor too.

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 6

I think this is the same link that docy posted from FOX. Under the second pic, it says the fire is from the second to top floor. I would read that as being from the second floor up. Don't know where that report came from.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/06/14/high-rise-apartment-building-in-london-engulfed-in-flames-fear-residents-are-trapped.html

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Eldorado said:

A guy who escaped from his 7th floor apartment has just said on TV the fire started on the 4th Floor.

Another witness has just said the 4th Floor too.

That makes more sense El.

• Like 3

The live Sky News link I posted in #25 just said it was started by a refrigerator. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, susieice said:

That makes more sense El.

Way more sense.

When someone says "the fire is from the second to top floor", it doesn't mean that's where it started.

It means it's from the second to top floor.

I.E.: Those are the floors that are engulfed.

• Like 2

No reports of casualties, yet they can say it started from a refrigerator already?

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Likely Guy said:

No reports of casualties, yet they can say it started from a refrigerator?

30 people have been taken to hospitals.

• Like 2