Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US Rep Steve Scalise Shot

Lilly

House Majority Whip Steve Scalise was shot in the hip and at least one other aide was also hit in the chest by a gunman with a rifle who opened fire at a baseball practice in Virginia Wednesday morning, Fox News confirmed. 

House Whip Shot at Baseball Event

TV is reporting that the shooting went down for apx 10 minutes. People were taking cover and the shooter was trying to take out multiple people.

Thank goodness one of the Congressmen present had been a medic in Iraq and gave first aid while they were pinned down.

• Like 1

I hate to say it, but I'm thankful it wasn't democrats targeted.  I can't even imagine the draconian gun laws they'd try to pass.

My mom was just telling me about this, it's been on the news this morning. That guy knew what he was shooting for since he asked if the guys playing were reps or dems. How horrifying that someone up and shot some politicians, but at the same time I'm not surprised that someone has finally up and done this.

• Like 3

We really need to stop the 'severed heads' and 'artistic plays' where the POTUS is killed. IMO tolerance of things like that lead some disturbed people to think killing those one disagrees with is a viable option in our society.

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, Lilly said:

We really need to stop the 'severed heads' and 'artistic plays' where the POTUS is killed. IMO tolerance of things like that lead some disturbed people to think killing those one disagrees with is a viable option in our society.

That's the last thing we need to do.  Let the world see the left for the lunatics they truly are. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Lilly said:

I don't think this was about Trump, though.  If the gunman was angry at Trump, he has plenty of property and family to target.  This guy seemed angry at House Republicans in particular. My guess is this is about the ACA or something similar that the house passed recently.

12 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

I don't think this was about Trump, though.  If the gunman was angry at Trump, he has plenty of property and family to target.  This guy seemed angry at House Republicans in particular. My guess is this is about the ACA or something similar that the house passed recently.

I'm not saying this is about Trump. I'm saying that the tolerance of violent 'artistic expression' (if that's what it's called) in our society could lead to disturbed individuals thinking shooting those they disagree with politically to be a viable option.  

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

They were targets of opportunity.  SS agents make it far too difficult for the average nut to make a real attempt on the first family.  I just thank God this guy couldn't shoot well.  If the initial reports are accurate, this guy asked a departing congressman "is it Dems or Republicans that are practicing?".

12 minutes ago, WoIverine said:

I'm curious to see how the MSM will spin this once the attacker's details come out.

He was pushed to his emotional limit by the actions of the Trump presidency, of course.  The Dems better tread softly on this.

• Like 2

Just now, Lilly said:

Ironically the only national media coverage these plays get is when people say we should stop them. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, and then said:

He was pushed to his emotional limit by the actions of the Trump presidency, of course.  The Dems better tread softly on this.

At this point we are just assuming it is a democrat.  It could be ISIS for all we know. 

But, you probably are right.  I am expecting a left-wing version of the Gabrielle Gifford shooter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rashore said:

My mom was just telling me about this, it's been on the news this morning. That guy knew what he was shooting for since he asked if the guys playing were reps or dems. How horrifying that someone up and shot some politicians, but at the same time I'm not surprised that someone has finally up and done this.

I was just going to say that. With incredible divisiveness between people right now, the mentally unstable ones on the fringes will be the first to break and incite violence.

• Like 5

Just now, Gromdor said:

At this point we are just assuming it is a democrat.  It could be ISIS for all we know. 

But, you probably are right.  I am expecting a left-wing version of the Gabrielle Gifford shooter.

Im hoping for a classic anarchist 

Watching this report on TV now. A congressional aide was also injured and 2 Capitol police were killed. The shooter is in hospital but alive at last report.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/congressman-steve-scalise-shot-alexandria-virginia-park-n772111?cid=sm_npd_ms_fb_ma

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Jared Loughner isn't a right winger. 

• Like 5

Just now, hatecraft said:

Jared Loughner isn't a right winger. 

debatable i think 

Records show that Loughner was registered as an Independent and voted in 2006 and 2008, but not in 2010.[39][40]

Loughner's high-school friend Zach Osler said, "He did not watch TV; he disliked the news; he didn't listen to political radio; he didn't take sides; he wasn't on the Left; he wasn't on the Right."[18] A former classmate, Caitie Parker, who attended high school and college with Loughner, described his political views prior to 2007, prior to his personality transformation, as "left wing, quite liberal,"[41] "radical."[42] The tone of Loughner's online writings and videos from immediately before the attack were described by The Guardian as "almost exclusively conservative and anti-government, with echoes of the populist campaigning of the Tea Party movement".[43]

It doesn't sound now like anyone is deceased. As usual, conflicting reports. 

• Like 1