Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US Rep Steve Scalise Shot

Lilly

13 minutes ago, susieice said:

Watching this report on TV now. A congressional aide was also injured and 2 Capitol police were killed. The shooter is in hospital but alive at last report.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/congressman-steve-scalise-shot-alexandria-virginia-park-n772111?cid=sm_npd_ms_fb_ma

Thanks for the update susie. But the Capitol police were not killed according to your link, they were non-life threatening wounded. Where did you see a link that said they were killed?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

debatable i think 

Records show that Loughner was registered as an Independent and voted in 2006 and 2008, but not in 2010.[39][40]

Loughner's high-school friend Zach Osler said, "He did not watch TV; he disliked the news; he didn't listen to political radio; he didn't take sides; he wasn't on the Left; he wasn't on the Right."[18] A former classmate, Caitie Parker, who attended high school and college with Loughner, described his political views prior to 2007, prior to his personality transformation, as "left wing, quite liberal,"[41] "radical."[42] The tone of Loughner's online writings and videos from immediately before the attack were described by The Guardian as "almost exclusively conservative and anti-government, with echoes of the populist campaigning of the Tea Party movement".[43]

I think he's just plain old crazy. 

• Like 1

Just now, hatecraft said:

I think he's just plain old crazy. 

Oh yeah dude is creepy crazy 

Edited by Farmer77

Just saw an interview with Democrat  Virginia governor Terry McAuliffe. He went straight to "There are too many guns on the street"

Why must they politicize at a time like this?

• Like 4

America is truly lost. When will you wake up and stop this?

I certainly hope you'll catch the relation. 

31 minutes ago, hatecraft said:

Jared Loughner isn't a right winger. 

Wait, you mean people just can't be divided into two categories!? 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, rashore said:

Thanks for the update susie. But the Capitol police were not killed according to your link, they were non-life threatening wounded. Where did you see a link that said they were killed?

I heard it on TV, not a link. Corrected it in another post. Had just got up and put the news on. 

• Like 1

Left wing twitterverse is celebrating and cheering.  Link on Drudge

Identified as Jon T. Hodgkinson and he has a profile picture on his Facebook page of Bernie Sanders.  'nuff said. 

Pretty sure it is him as they are saying he was an owner of a home inspection business and the Facebook page confirms that or it could be a newly created page.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 2

Just now, susieice said:

I heard it on TV, not a link. Corrected it in another post. Had just got up and put the news on. 

Just now, susieice said:

I heard it on TV, not a link. Corrected it in another post. Had just got up and put the news on. CNN is reporting 4 shot. They aren't including the shooter.

Just now, Merc14 said:

Left wing twitterverse is celebrating and cheering.  Link on Drudge

Identified as Jon T. Hodgkinson and he has a profile picture on his Facebook page of Bernie Sanders.  'nuff said.   https://www.facebook.com/jthodgkinson?ref=br_rs

Pretty sure it is him as they are saying he was an owner of a home inspection business and the Facebook page confirms that

Well can't be mad at a guy for letting his ass cash checks his mouth wrote. 

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

Well can't be mad at a guy for letting his ass cash checks his mouth wrote. 

I have no idea what this is supposed to mean.  :blink:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aztek said:

looks like an fake page. look at friends, 

fake.jpg

Not an expert on Facebook so don't  know but they are saying on the radio that he was a big fan of Bernie's, hardcore progressive as per interviews with his friends.   66 years old and never showed signs of violence. (No links because all on the radio, sorry.)

Edited by Merc14

Just now, Merc14 said:

Oh sorry, in the Heavy.com link provided earlier it quotes the shooter's FB page  " On March 22 he wrote, “Trump is a Traitor. Trump Has Destroyed Our Democracy. It’s Time to Destroy Trump & Co.” 

http://heavy.com/news/2017/06/james-hodgkinson-alexandria-gop-baseball-shooter-shooting-gunman-identified-illinois/ 

• Like 1

Just now, Merc14 said:

Not an expert on Facebook so don't  know.

do not need to be, those pics of same guy seth rich,  it is not uncommon to create fake profiles of many people, then get them be friends creating entire community of fake people.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

Oh sorry, in the Heavy.com link provided earlier it quotes the shooter's FB page  " On March 22 he wrote, “Trump is a Traitor. Trump Has Destroyed Our Democracy. It’s Time to Destroy Trump & Co.” 

http://heavy.com/news/2017/06/james-hodgkinson-alexandria-gop-baseball-shooter-shooting-gunman-identified-illinois/ 

ok thanks, missed that link/post

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

He's talking in Yammie speak--it doesn't mean anything.

• Like 1

Just now, aztek said:

do not need to be, those pics of same guy seth rich,  it is not uncommon to create fake profiles of many people, then get them be friends creating entire community of fake people.

Seems like the first thing i would do if I were creating a false persona. Good catch 

• Like 1

Just now, Hammerclaw said:

He's talking in Yammie speak--it doesn't mean anything.

Actually grumpy smurf, it means the dude said its time to destroy trump and co and he actually tried to do it. 

• Like 1

Just now, Farmer77 said:

Actually grumpy smurf, it means the dude said its time to destroy trump and co and he actually tried to do it. 

Sorry, the rest of us don't speak Yammie. Try English, next time, then we won't need an interpreter.

Just now, Hammerclaw said:

Sorry, the rest of us don't speak Yammie. Try English, next time, then we won't need an interpreter.

You've never heard the term writing checks your ass cant cash? Its a rather common colloquialism ...

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Lilly said:

I'm not saying this is about Trump. I'm saying that the tolerance of violent 'artistic expression' (if that's what it's called) in our society could lead to disturbed individuals thinking shooting those they disagree with politically to be a viable option.  

I disagree.  That's too slippery a slope to start down.  What's next?  TV shows and movies where people are killed?  Video games?  Books?  Crazy people are crazy regardless.

• Like 2