Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US Rep Steve Scalise Shot

Lilly

2 hours ago, The Silver Thong said:

Damn, I might just be dumb enought to be a politician

Speaking as a leftie, this is ruddy sickening. 

Only a grub targets places where kids are. And if you target someone because of political stance you're a terrorist grub.

• Like 5

I think we have just entered very dangerous waters. Not so much because of what this lunatic did, but because of the reaction. From left wing main stream media no less. 

They have the guys friend saying he wasn't evil, but was just tired of the politics. And they didn't denounce that in anyway. They basically just opened the door to justifying this. 

And no I don't think this should be illegal. If this is where we are it's best to know it. These may have been the first shots fired in the second American civil war. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Alaric said:

CNN: "He wasn't evil... just tired of some the politics that's going on..."

No CNN, when people do this kind of thing it's evil...and if you're going to deny this reality then you (the media) are a big part of the problem.

This isn't just about guns, it isn't just another crime, it's a hideous act of violence that comes on the heels of the progressive far left's utter demonization of the Republican party....and it needs to stop right now.

*and BTW, I'm not a Republican*

• Like 7

Just now, Lilly said:

No CNN, when people do this kind of thing it's evil...and if you're going to deny this reality then you (the media) are a big part of the problem.

This isn't just about guns, it isn't just another crime, it's a hideous act of violence that comes on the heels of the progressive far left's utter demonization of the Republican party....and it needs to stop right now.

For the record CNN's header all day yesterday was about the "new face of evil". Perhaps it was one persons opinion that he wasnt evil but that certainly isnt how the network was actually telling it 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

For the record CNN's header all day yesterday was about the "new face of evil". Perhaps it was one persons opinion that he wasnt evil but that certainly isnt how the network was actually telling it 

Good, I'm glad to hear this.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lilly said:

Here's a novel idea, how about we denounce people murdering other people?

What a PREPOSTEROUS concept ! :P:D

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Merc14 said:

You know what is scary UM members? What is scary is how zero of our radical left frequent posters have denounced this assassination attempt.  Not one.  The only one I have seen here is  imaginarynumber saying that there is many on the right that are just the same with zero proof (who needs proof when the world is seen through progressive corrective lenses) and no apologies or excuses because?

because they want" by any means necessary". It started with them forcing people to be tolerant ( key word tolerant) of things that are wrong that they imposed onto society  and when people are not tolerant of what they forced onto others they became violent. Since they lost  & will be losing even more control as the Trump administration continues on forward in the right direction,dismantling them, I don't see the dems  and  rino's on the right ever changing for the better.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Also, Rep Scalise is still in critical condition: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-virginia-shooting-idUSKBN1951M1

It appears that the bullet entered his body through the hip area then moved in a trajectory that caused damage to internal organs.

That's really sad. They just went to play ball but the left keep playing this hate drama  hoping that a sick person will snap.

12 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

The Democrats really have to stop all these vicious attacks on the President,its just making a sick society:(   and all they bring up is gun control. The terrorists don't have to kill us we are doing enough to ourselves.:(   

I feel like the left & rino's too are terrorist, that's just the way i see them now, they can't be trusted..

10 hours ago, F3SS said:

93 million people a day sure is a lot. Seriously though, unless he was thinking about how many miles it is to the sun I cant think of any statistic he could be mixing up. He literally just made up what he said.

I think he was just thinking of a stat someone gave him once and wasn't thinking enough to get it right.  

Looks like he went off of info the Wiki used.

33,636 divided by 365 is 92.15.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_violence_in_the_United_States

Gun violence in the United States results in tens of thousands of deaths and injuries annually.[1] In 2013, there were 73,505 nonfatal firearm injuries (23.2 injuries per 100,000 U.S. citizens),[2][3] and 33,636 deaths due to "injury by firearms" (10.6 deaths per 100,000 U.S. citizens).[4] These deaths consisted of 11,208 homicides,[5] 21,175 suicides,[4] 505 deaths due to accidental or negligent discharge of a firearm, and 281 deaths due to firearms use with "undetermined intent".[4] Of the 2,596,993 total deaths in the US in 2013, 1.3% were related to firearms

• Like 2

Not to change the subject, but  what kind of softball game is going on at 7 in the morning?  

11 hours ago, Harte said:

Sanders, who immediately (and utterly erroneously) blamed "right-wing reactionaries" in the Gabby Giffords shooting wasn't so fast to blame this one on politics. He had a good reason. This from the Senate floor;

Source

Harte

That's the second Bernie supporter to go postal in just a few months.

Spoiler

That's also two more murders than were committed by White Supremacists this year :ph34r:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lilly said:

CNN is helping to normalize violence against Republicans. Leftists couldn't force their agenda through the legal, electoral process so now they are spreading it through violence? If you listen to what college professors are telling students, it sounds more like organizing a militia than it does typical curriculum content. This is not going to end well for Leftists

• Like 1

Just now, Dark_Grey said:

CNN is helping to normalize violence against Republicans. Leftists couldn't force their agenda through the legal, electoral process so now they are spreading it through violence? If you listen to what college professors are telling students, it sounds more like organizing a militia than it does typical curriculum content. This is not going to end well for Leftists

Im dying to know which right wing radio host is spewing that mantra, i must have seen it 5 times now. Or maybe it was in the party's daily talking points so theyre all saying it.

The reality is CNN's website ran a massive header all day yesterday "THE NEW FACE OF EVIL" right above the picture of the shooter. CNN is not normalizing violence against anyone. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Im dying to know which right wing radio host is spewing that mantra, i must have seen it 5 times now. Or maybe it was in the party's daily talking points so theyre all saying it.

The reality is CNN's website ran a massive header all day yesterday "THE NEW FACE OF EVIL" right above the picture of the shooter. CNN is not normalizing violence against anyone. 

I haven't read the CNN content yet, but I was quoting Lillie who quoted CNN

CNN: "He wasn't evil... just tired of some the politics that's going on..."

That's making excuses for a killer and therefore normalizing the violence. #PUNCHNAZIS, "white privilege", etc. etc. We all know the propaganda that seeks to demonize people with right leaning opinions and normalize/excuse violence against them. After all, no one feels bad for beating up a Nazi ;)

• Like 2

Just now, Sweetpumper said:

Profs mock Scalise support for Second Amendment after shooting

One suggested that the assailant wasn't initially killed because he is white, while others ridiculed Scalise's involvement with the NRA.

http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=9316

Comeon thats kinda funny......like the anti seatbelt law advocate who died in a crash because he wasnt wearing a seatbelt, there is some (mildly sick) comedy in the irony

• Like 1

Lots of typical crap from both sides.

The left using this horrible event to spew anti gun propaganda.  

The right using this horrible event to criticism the media.

The quote - " He wasn't evil... just tired of some the politics that's going on" was not created by CNN.  It was what was said by a friend of the shooter.   Pretty typical.   The friend was wrong because it IS pretty evil to shoot people like that.  

• Like 1

Strange, but I don't see any of the "Face of Evil" stuff on CNN... all I see from the headline down to the 1st half dozen stories is ... "Trump!" ... "Russians!" ... "No, seriously ... TRUMP! ... RUSSIANS!" ... even if they changed their headline for 5 minutes yesterday... doesn't change what they do the other 99.9% of the time:

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.dailycaller.com/2017/06/14/for-chris-cillizza-here-are-five-fake-stories-cnn-pushed/

• Like 3

Just now, Alaric said:

Strange, but I don't see any of the "Face of Evil" stuff on CNN... all I see from the headline down to the 1st half dozen stories is ... "Trump!" ... "Russians!" ... "No, seriously ... TRUMP! ... RUSSIANS!" ... even if they changed their headline for 5 minutes yesterday... doesn't change what they do the other 99.9% of the time:

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.dailycaller.com/2017/06/14/for-chris-cillizza-here-are-five-fake-stories-cnn-pushed/

Ha I finally found it, its Alex Jones who is running the story that CNN is justifying violence against republicans. Jesus people on this board are spewing that headline word for word :lol: CNN JUSTIFIES VIOLENCE AGAINST REPUBLICANS 

The headline all day yesterday  was the face of evil stuff. Lets be honest though the POTUS being under investigation for obstruction of justice is a MUCH bigger story than a single nutjob shooting someone. 

• Like 1

CNN et al. pushes a false narrative about blacks being targeted by police ... police are targeted and killed...

CNN et al. pushes a false narrative equating the alt right with "Nazis" (racistsexisthomophobes) and mobs show up to harass speakers that "trigger" them... a lady giving an interview wearing a "Make Bitcoin Great Again" hat is pepper sprayed by a hand from out of a mob because her red hat looks similar to Trump's MAGA hat... similarly a hand out of a mob attacks a Trump supporter with a bike lock while he's standing around minding his own business...

Now we have this... but it's "nothing to do with nothing... nothing to see here, move along... nothing to see.. look over there... TRUMP! RUSSIANS!"

Say what you like, but some of us are starting to see a pattern here.

This guy's social media shows a guy that "liked" mainstream left pundits and politicians... he's not some far out whacko, his views and sentiments are shared by a great many on the left.

• Like 5