Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US Rep Steve Scalise Shot

Lilly

3 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I hope this dude's history of being a scumbag helps the nation to heal a little more quickly.  He's clearly a bad human being and that transcends political boundaries. 

The media, celebrities,  Obama , Hillary & others like Soros will not  stop enticing violence. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Yeah Trump doesnt really have any firm political positions. Thats one of my biggest knocks against him , he's an opportunist just like every other politician in history. 

I do know and have known many many groups of people on the right, hell my entire family is one of those groups, who have been arming and organizing since the Clinton years. 

I think that there's individual on both sides that are really one in the same who don't want him to be able to do anything so , it doesn't seem fair to criticize him on that just yet.

Just now, Ellapennella said:

The media, celebrities,  Obama , Hillary & others like Soros will not  stop enticing violence. 

I contend that the concept that the media is enticing violence is a myth which is perpetuating the victim mentality the right is becoming all too comfortable with. 

8 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I contend that the concept that the media is enticing violence is a myth which is perpetuating the victim mentality the right is becoming all too comfortable with. 

How can you contend that to not be part of the problem? As for a victim mentality, that would be coming from the left, for they cry for everything they feel they are entitled to have like as if they are victims if they don't get what they want.

Edited by Ellapennella

How can you contend that to not be part of the problem? As for a victim mentality, that would be coming from the left, for they cry for everything they feel they are entitled to have like as if they are victims.

Im saying it flat out isnt happening. Alex Jones ran a fake headline "CNN justifies violence" or something along those lines and everyone on the right has ran with that mantra but it just flat out is not true. 

The victim mentality im referring to has really taken over your side of the aisle. Of course you and they will never admit it but just look at any of these threads about Trump, the first response from Trump supporters is to act like Trump is being persecuted , hell look at trumps tweets themselves: 

Why is that Hillary Clintons family and Dems dealings with Russia are not looked at, but my non-dealings are?

Fake News is at an all time high. Where is their apology to me for all of the incorrect stories???  

That whining mentality has invaded your party. I mean hell you yourself said trump is the victim of a "deep state conspiracy"  furthering the victim mentality. 

10 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Im saying it flat out isnt happening. Alex Jones ran a fake headline "CNN justifies violence" or something along those lines and everyone on the right has ran with that mantra but it just flat out is not true. 

The victim mentality im referring to has really taken over your side of the aisle. Of course you and they will never admit it but just look at any of these threads about Trump, the first response from Trump supporters is to act like Trump is being persecuted , hell look at trumps tweets themselves: 

Why is that Hillary Clintons family and Dems dealings with Russia are not looked at, but my non-dealings are?

Fake News is at an all time high. Where is their apology to me for all of the incorrect stories???  

That whining mentality has invaded your party. I mean hell you yourself said trump is the victim of a "deep state conspiracy"  furthering the victim mentality. 

I was not aware of this believe it or not I don't always run to infowars but they are an outlet that I frequently read along with everything else I read from all other outlets. Let's take a look at it.

Watch LIVE: CNN Justifies Violence Against Republicans

"He wasn't evil, he was just tired of politics," friend of shooter says

Infowars.com - June 14, 2017

Infowars reporters David Knight and Jerome Corsi discuss the shocking clip in which CNN host Wolf Blitzer refuses to push back against claims that the gunman who shot republicans was not “evil.”

MORE: CNN Defends Shooter, “He Wasn’t Evil, He Was Just Tired Of Politics”

Watch: Wolf Blitzer Legitimizes Person Who Says Shooter Not Evil, Just Upset About Politics

The Truth About the Shooting of Congressman Scalise

Edited by Ellapennella

I was not aware of this believe it or not I don't always run to infowars but they are an outlet that I frequently read along with everything else I read from all other outlets. Let's take a look at it.

Watch LIVE: CNN Justifies Violence Against Republicans

"He wasn't evil, he was just tired of politics," friend of shooter says

Infowars.com - June 14, 2017

Infowars reporters David Knight and Jerome Corsi discuss the shocking clip in which CNN host Wolf Blitzer refuses to push back against claims that the gunman who shot republicans was not “evil.”

MORE: CNN Defends Shooter, “He Wasn’t Evil, He Was Just Tired Of Politics”

Watch: Wolf Blitzer Legitimizes Person Who Says Shooter Not Evil, Just Upset About Politics

The Truth About the Shooting of Congressman Scalise

As much as I hate the term what Alex is doing is promoting "fake news". Seriously.

They interviewed a friend who said he wasnt evil. Thats not CNN saying it thats simply them interviewing people close to the situation. Hell what do ALL serial killers neighbors say ? "He was such a nice guy". 

6 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

As much as I hate the term what Alex is doing is promoting "fake news". Seriously.

They interviewed a friend who said he wasnt evil. Thats not CNN saying it thats simply them interviewing people close to the situation. Hell what do ALL serial killers neighbors say ? "He was such a nice guy". 

So you choose to believe that CNN or any other media outlet could not find this information about this man but could only find time to report that his friends say he was a nice guy.

James Hodgkinson’s first foster daughter committed suicide by lighting herself on fire, and he beat his second foster daughter. Three months ago he took ‘target practice’ at home.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/congressional-shooter-loved-bernie-sanders-hated-racist-and-sexist-republicans

Scroll through this gallery to see the police reports of his incidents with police:

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2017/06/14/virginia-shooter-james-hodgkinson-had-history-of-domestic-abuse-allegations/

Edited by Ellapennella

So you choose to believe that CNN or any other media outlet could not find this information about this man but could only find time to report that his friends say he was a nice guy.

No Im not saying that at all, and im also not saying that CNN didnt report it just that i didnt see or read it. For me once I saw his FB page there was no mystery as to why he did what he did so there wasnt much reason to look further into it. 

Ok so i did a quick bit of research and CNN does mention the family stuff : Suspect in congressional shooting was Bernie Sanders supporter, strongly anti-Trump 

Hmm.....

Does anyone have a longer clip of the CNN article ? Did Wolf Blitzer (the presenter) go on to comment about the "friends" statement, or challenge it ? If so, it would be illuminating to hear what he said. 

If he DIDN'T challenge the comment, then InfoWars has a point. If he DID, then InfoWars is lying and manipulating the footage. 

• Like 1

Just now, RoofGardener said:

Hmm.....

Does anyone have a longer clip of the CNN article ? Did Wolf Blitzer (the presenter) go on to comment about the "friends" statement, or challenge it ? If so, it would be illuminating to hear what he said. 

If he DIDN'T challenge the comment, then InfoWars has a point. If he DID, then InfoWars is lying and manipulating the footage. 

Wolf Blitzer " That's what we just heard, that perhaps he wasnt evil just tired of politics"  Thats just reporting IMO . Keep in mind that CNN's header that entire day was "the new face of evil" plastered above a pic of the shooter and their coverage the next day treated it as a national tragedy. 

Ive been looking and can only find the Jones cut up of the interview. 

10 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Hmm.....

In a media interview Wednesday, a childhood friend of the GOP baseball shooter claimed that James Hodgkinson “wasn’t evil.”

“He was always happy-go-lucky,” the friend said to reporters. “It just took me by surprise when I saw it on the news today that he did what he did.”

The friend said he grew up with Hodgkinson, who went by “Thomas” or “Tommy,” and last saw him two years ago.

The description of Hodgkinson differs drastically from that of people who encountered him in the month before the shooting. The mayor of Alexandria, VA said Hodgkinson appeared to be living out of his gym bag, and local restaurant workers described him as “creepy.”

“I want people to know he wasn’t evil,” the friend said, “that he was tired I guess of some of the politics going on.”

“I don’t know his politics, I don’t know what he thought about different things, I just know that, to me, he was a nice guy.”

WATCH:

http://dailycaller.com/2017/06/14/friend-of-shooter-claims-he-wasnt-evil-video/

Edited by Ellapennella

In a media interview Wednesday, a childhood friend of the GOP baseball shooter claimed that James Hodgkinson “wasn’t evil.”

“He was always happy-go-lucky,” the friend said to reporters. “It just took me by surprise when I saw it on the news today that he did what he did.”

The friend said he grew up with Hodgkinson, who went by “Thomas” or “Tommy,” and last saw him two years ago.

The description of Hodgkinson differs drastically from that of people who encountered him in the month before the shooting. The mayor of Alexandria, VA said Hodgkinson appeared to be living out of his gym bag, and local restaurant workers described him as “creepy.”

“I want people to know he wasn’t evil,” the friend said, “that he was tired I guess of some of the politics going on.”

“I don’t know his politics, I don’t know what he thought about different things, I just know that, to me, he was a nice guy.”

WATCH:

http://dailycaller.com/2017/06/14/friend-of-shooter-claims-he-wasnt-evil-video/

So not only was Jones' description of CNN promoting violence wrong, they werent the only ones to air that interview. 

Do you Ella believe that interviewing a shocked friend is promoting or justifying violence? 

Edited by Farmer77

3 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Wolf Blitzer " That's what we just heard, that perhaps he wasnt evil just tired of politics"  Thats just reporting IMO . Keep in mind that CNN's header that entire day was "the new face of evil" plastered above a pic of the shooter and their coverage the next day treated it as a national tragedy. 

Ive been looking and can only find the Jones cut up of the interview. 

Because of networks like Infowars,  media outlets are not able  to run with fake news as they  do. They make it very difficult for them.

Because of networks like Infowars,  media outlets are not able  to run with fake news as they  do. They make it very difficult for them.

WHat? We just busted Infowars RUNNING FAKE NEWS. 

Dang i just turned CNN on and they just reported the shooter had a hit list in his pocket ...............Good news though Scalise is in good condition and is speaking to family. 

• Like 1

So not only was Jones' description of CNN promoting violence wrong, they werent the only ones to air that interview. 

Do you Ella believe that interviewing a shocked friend is promoting or justifying violence? 

I think that all media at times will run with a narrative if they could get away with it. I think that they are always thinking of controlling the narrative to best serve whoever it is they are serving.

Dang i just turned CNN on and they just reported the shooter had a hit list in his pocket ...............Good news though Scalise is in good condition and is speaking to family. 

Kind of hard for any of them to make the shooter the victim of politics, especially with that rap sheet he has. Seems that he was a bad man and because of that he may have felt that he had nothing left to live for. It is those individuals that the alt left want to trigger. I can see that media does play a role in it.

28 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Dang i just turned CNN on and they just reported the shooter had a hit list in his pocket ............... Good news though Scalise is in good condition and is speaking to family.

InfoWars running "fake news" (e.g. bad or biased journalism) ? Surely not ? :P 

Farmer77, I think you've made the only USEFUL contribution to this thread in... gosh.. dozens of posts. (highlighted bit). 

I'm glad to hear about it, and thanks for taking the time to post it :) 

• Like 1

Just now, RoofGardener said:

Farmer77, I think you've made the only USEFUL contribution to this thread in... gosh.. dozens of posts. (highlighted bit). 

I'm glad to hear about it, and thanks for taking the time to post it :) 

Yeah this is very good news! 

On 6/15/2017 at 11:48 PM, Tatetopa said:

That is just a little bit on the crazy side.  It might be a better time to express sympathy for the victims and the families and save the divisiveness for next week.  Sometimes when you hate to say something, that is the intelligent part of your brain trying to send a message to the impulsive part to hold off for a few days.

You're right.  I don't hate to say it. 

• Like 1

On 6/18/2017 at 7:00 AM, Rlyeh said:

Do you feel the same about drink driving laws?

Yes. If you are driving perfectly normally yet get pulled over at a checkpoint and ticketed for drunk driving is wrong. It is just a way to get money for the government.

• Like 2

Just now, Bama13 said:

Yes. If you are driving perfectly normally yet get pulled over at a checkpoint and ticketed for drunk driving is wrong. It is just a way to get money for the government.

I hate the concept of checkpoints of any sort. That **** seems flatly unamerican to me. "Show me your papers" is something that happens in other nations, not here. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I hate the concept of checkpoints of any sort. That **** seems flatly unamerican to me. "Show me your papers" is something that happens in other nations, not here. 

That should be asked whenever someone applies for a job, seeks government assistance or gets pulled over.   When getting pulled over, it'd be asking for a valid ID.

Just now, Myles said:

That should be asked whenever someone applies for a job, seeks government assistance or gets pulled over.   When getting pulled over, it'd be asking for a valid ID.

Only for the driver. 

I really was referring to the practice of setting up checkpoints under the guise of "public safety" thats a whole other ball of worms. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bama13 said:

Wow. So in your narcissistic little world you can drink as much as you like then hop in your car provided you don't hurt anyone? You're not one of these sovereign citizens?