Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US Rep Steve Scalise Shot

Lilly

Just now, Farmer77 said:

No dude as demonstrated by sweetpumpers last post , the right is offended by any and everything they can be anymore.

sure, whatever you say, lol

• Like 1

It's painful for me to see people advocating "thought police" in any given situation.

You may object to a certain situation and you would be totally destroyed by social media. I've said it before, I'm glad almost everyone we have refused service to was a white, male Christian.

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

:lol: I see you brought your sense of humor today ...ill just point ya to NC to dispel that little myth 

There are no absolutes on either side.

• Like 2

Just now, Merc14 said:

Aren't all these people already fully protected under federal law?

IDK i honestly dont fully understand the ins and outs of civil rights issues as it relates to local vs federal laws.  I have to say though if thats the case that makes the law passed seem even MORE bigoted, as if they did it just to say F You to the lgbt community. 

Just now, Hammerclaw said:

There are no absolutes on either side.

That is true amigo 

10 minutes ago, aztek said:

good, they are already  protected under anti discrimination laws. 

Everyone wants special rights.

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

No dude as demonstrated by sweetpumpers last post , the right is offended by any and everything they can be anymore. The chick wasnt saying the shooting was ok, nor was she saying the shooting was funny, she was saying some of the response to the shooting is funny.

Thats a huge difference.  

The Left is always dismayed when the Right treats them exactly the same they they treat the Right. It's like there's suppose to be a rule against it, or something.

Edited by Hammerclaw

21 hours ago, Merc14 said:

Hopefully the radical left doesn't target them.

It can serve as a litmus test. An individual is an extremist if they don't view their courageous acts in a positive light.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, and then said:

Ahh, but imagine the absolutely hysterical convulsions of indignation and revulsion had the shooter been some Republican voter from Alabama.  They'd be doing hit pieces on the individual, his family, the state and every other kind of angle they could contrive.  The fact is that THEY, the media themselves, have become the new face of "evil".

You ain't just whistling "Dixie" (bad pun). Look at the reaction to the Charleston church massacre. They banned Confederate battle flags left and right, and even Lynyrd Skynyrd did public penance. The "Dukes Of Hazard" became the new "Song Of The South".

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lilly said:

I tend to agree with a more conservative (usually Libertarian) position though.

Some things just make more sense Lilly.

2 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Oh they didnt but it seems like the right has equaled if not surpassed their level of sensitivity at this point. 

Not even close. When guys like me start accusing you of microagressions or telling you that you don't know what hard work is without showing you an image of slaves or start playing the victim card at every perceived slight then maybe, just maybe, equality has been achieved.

• Like 4

Just now, F3SS said:

Some things just make more sense Lilly.

Not even close. When guys like me start accusing you of microagressions or telling you that you don't know what hard work is without showing you an image of slaves or start playing the victim card at every perceived slight then maybe, just maybe, equality has been achieved.

I would say that throwing a fit because someone said a response to the shooting was "funny" is nearing microagression level of "outrage" . 

10 hours ago, Lilly said:

Well, that's a bunch of nonsense (from Ryan) as well. But, keep in mind Ms Pelosi is in a position of much, much higher regard than someone like Alex Jones.

However, I still think (considering what we saw after the election) that the back lash would be far worse had the shoe been on the other foot.

Is water wet? Pelosi sounds like a parody of dishonest progressive extremists. She's just like Harry Reid and Maxine Waters in that regard. I don't often use this phrase about people, but she's beneath contempt.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

Is water wet? Pelosi sounds like a parody of dishonest progressive extremists. She's just like Harry Reid and Maxine Waters in that regard. I don't often use this phrase about people, but she's beneath contempt.

She is definitely a swamp dweller.

• Like 4

Just now, F3SS said:

She is definitely a swamp dweller.

Maxine is the swamp thing. Nancy is the creature from the whack lagoon. 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Myles said:

I do the same.   I wish CNN still did the 1/2 version of their news all day.   I used to go home for lunch and watch it and in a 1/2 hour I'd know of most of the things going on.   

I look at the FoxNews website most often.  

I remember the old CHN. You could get the news in thirty minutes. That cool format was replaced by Dr. Drew and Nancy Grace. Now, it's crime show marathons late at night.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Merc14 said:

So not wanting a man peeing next to your little girl is bigoted?

It is in Canada. Make sure to use the "correct" pronoun when you're there.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

I remember the old CHN. You could get the news in thirty minutes. That cool format was replaced by Dr. Drew and Nancy Grace. Now, it's crime show marathons late at night.

I remember when HLN was watchable.  2 words: Robin Meade :whistle:

It's a disgrace now.

• Like 2

I'm staying out of the politics on this one because the person responsible for what happened is the person who pulled the trigger.

I found this article on Rep. Scalise's Injuries and why a bullet to the hip can be so damaging interesting. I really feel sorry for him and what he's going through and hope he has a full recovery.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Claire. said:

I'm staying out of the politics on this one because the person responsible for what happened is the person who pulled the trigger.

I found this article on Rep. Scalise's Injuries and why a bullet to the hip can be so damaging interesting. I really feel sorry for him and what he's going through and hope he has a full recovery.

and his family.  Can't imagine what they are going through.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

and his family.  Can't imagine what they are going through.

Scared half to death no doubt.

Doctors stated Scalise was at “imminent risk of death” when he arrived at the trauma center, having sustained a great deal of damage to organs and blood vessels. He's got hundreds of bullet fragments inside him, many of which cannot be removed because of the risk involved. He's also facing a number of surgeries. It's just horrific, but i am glad he's going to pull through, and also glad the others who were injured will be okay as well. I also feel sorry for the young boy who was there. I cannot even begin to imagine how traumatized he must be.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Claire. said:

Scared half to death no doubt.

Doctors stated Scalise was at “imminent risk of death” when he arrived at the trauma center, having sustained a great deal of damage to organs and blood vessels. He's got hundreds of bullet fragments inside him, many of which cannot be removed because of the risk involved. He's also facing a number of surgeries. It's just horrific, but i am glad he's going to pull through, and also glad the others who were injured will be okay as well. I also feel sorry for the young boy who was there. I cannot even begin to imagine how traumatized he must be.

Brilliant people keeping him alive.  A true testament to the dedication and work these folks do to save lives.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Merc14 said:

Brilliant people keeping him alive.  A true testament to the dedication and work these folks do to save lives.

Yeah and , Trump didn't just tweet about it, he and the First Lady actually went to the hospital to visit him.

2 hours ago, Ellapennella said:

Yeah and , Trump didn't just tweet about it, he and the First Lady actually went to the hospital to visit him.

and fake news tweeted he didn't see him or talk to the family just to have to take it all back

• Like 2