Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US Rep Steve Scalise Shot

Lilly

So I heard the "David Duke without the baggage" comment about Scalise yesterday but I assumed that was a leftist insult. Turns out the dude allegedly actually described himself like that : 

Report: Scalise’s Pitch 20 Years Ago: I’m ‘David Duke Without The Baggage

Yet another shoe has dropped in the scandal rocking Speaker John Boehner’s ally, House Majority Whip Steve Scalise. Nearly 20 years ago, when he was an up-and-coming politician, he reportedly told a reporter that he’s like “David Duke without the baggage.”

2 hours ago, Liquid Gardens said:

I'm surprised you haven't heard of this since it comes up whenever there is a terrorist attack by radical Muslims in the US. From page 4 of:

http://www.gao.gov/assets/690/683984.pdf

I'm glad you posted this. More Leftist number fudging.

Since September 12, 2001, the number of fatalities caused by domestic violent extremists has ranged from 1 to 49 in a given year."

You'll notice that almost all Liberal "terrorism" studies start on September 12th, 2001. Any guesses as to why that is?

Anyone?

Spoiler

Starting the study one day earlier adds 2200 deaths to the Islamic Terrorism count. Sneaky!

Edit to add--

This study is garbage. Look at what criteria they use to define "right wing terrorist":

Far right violent extremist attackers are characterized by ECDB as having beliefs that include some or all of the following:
•Fiercely nationalistic (as opposed to universal and international in
orientation);
• Anti-global;
• Suspicious of centralized federal authority;
• Reverent of individual liberty (especially right to own guns; be free of
taxes);

• Belief in conspiracy theories that involve a grave threat to national
sovereignty and/or personal liberty;
• Belief that one’s personal and/or national “way of life” is under attack
and is either already lost or that the threat is imminent

They just described half the country. Half the country is full of right-wing terrorists.

The new Liberal narrative, everybody. Big round of applause

Edited by Dark_Grey
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

The dudes twitter feed is going crazy : https://twitter.com/JesseBenn?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Im not real sure what the outrage is about. He's not wrong , violent resistance wont work unless its organized, thats a tactical statement not an endorsement. 

Again, it's all in the optics. The guy isn't endorsing anything.

Right or wrong, when you say or do a thing, timing must be considered or you'll probably regret it.

Either this guy considered the timing of his tweet, or he didn't.

If the former, he is a sick individual and needs professional help.

If the latter, then he still deserves disdain for not connecting his brain while tweeting.

Trump has recently become acquainted with the trouble bad optics can cause. 

Harte

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Uncle Sam said:

The owners of facebook has effective took down James T. Hodgkinson's facebook page, which is basically censoring all his hate-filled liberal left rants. Sounds more like burying the evidence so it can't be used as evidence that the mass media's hatred towards republicans has caused this issue. Way to destroy evidence which police could use and make it so others don't know the truth facebook. Ugh!

Facebook removes profile of shooter.

They also created a group to celebrate his shooting...

Shooter's facebook group celebrates attack

It's on the internet forever. Fortunately, Facebook doesn't control all information.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

That's the second Bernie supporter to go postal in just a few months.

Reveal hidden contents

That's also two more murders than were committed by White Supremacists this year :ph34r:

Can you imagine the media and Hollywood reactions if they were Trump supporters? They might talk about them as much as the nonsensical conspiracy theories about Russia. I respect the leftists who also see the hypocrisy. I have no use for the ones who deny it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

You'll notice that almost all Liberal "terrorism" studies start on September 12th, 2001. Any guesses as to why that is?

Anyone?

Hide contents

Starting the study one day earlier adds 2200 deaths to the Islamic Terrorism count. Sneaky!

Edit to add--

This study is garbage. Look at what criteria they use to define "right wing terrorist":

They just described half the country. Half the country is full of right-wing terrorists.

The new Liberal narrative, everybody. Big round of applause

That's the main reason. It's also a good way to hide the acts of terrorism, perpetrated by leftist groups, in the 1960s.

There is one positive thing to come out of this, and that is the brave and heroic reaction of the two officers. They probably prevented a massacre, one that could have impacted the whole world. They deserve the highest acclaim, as well as the highest awards. One act can change the course of history.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

There is one positive thing to come out of this, and that is the brave and heroic reaction of the two officers. They probably prevented a massacre, one that could have impacted the whole world. They deserve the highest acclaim, as well as the highest awards. One act can change the course of history.

Hopefully the radical left doesn't target them.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

Hopefully the radical left doesn't target them.

Democrats aren't violent, I heard it here first. :huh:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

For the record CNN's header all day yesterday was about the "new face of evil". Perhaps it was one persons opinion that he wasnt evil but that certainly isnt how the network was actually telling it 

Ahh, but imagine the absolutely hysterical convulsions of indignation and revulsion had the shooter been some Republican voter from Alabama.  They'd be doing hit pieces on the individual, his family, the state and every other kind of angle they could contrive.  The fact is that THEY, the media themselves, have become the new face of "evil".

• Like 5

22 hours ago, Merc14 said:

You know what is scary UM members? What is scary is how zero of our radical left frequent posters have denounced this assassination attempt.  Not one.  The only one I have seen here is  imaginarynumber saying that there is many on the right that are just the same with zero proof (who needs proof when the world is seen through progressive corrective lenses) and no apologies or excuses because?

It was a heinous and horrible act and I only wish that he would have survived so that he would face the whole weight of the U.S, justice system.

*waits*

See, that didn't change a thing.

Up 'til now this thread has been mostly about bashing progs and lieberals.

Why would I, or anyone else who leans left, want to jump into a cesspit?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

I recognize that Trump and company havent really had any wins since the election

Hardly unexpected when his own party is working against him legislatively, but I'd say dismantling Obama's wall of destructive E.O.s is a productive first step.  He, with a "pen and a phone" undid most everything the jug-eared fool "accomplished" for his "legacy".  His election changed EVERYTHING, farmer77.  If he was back stabbed and pushed out the door tomorrow, nothing can cause the thinking people in this nation to "unsee" the corruption and obvious brokenness in DC.  Anyone with eyes to see now knows without doubt that Left and Right are just illusions.  They are all part of an establishment that will not be dislodged from within.  At least now we know what has to be done.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

Hahaha classic, that's your theory, the Government Accountability Office is biased to the left?  You know this because your vast experience in auditing and evaluation is superior?  

You'll notice that almost all Liberal "terrorism" studies start on September 12th, 2001. Any guesses as to why that is?

You don't understand why?  They didn't note Oklahoma City either, but god knows if you even see that as right wing terrorism and that was essentially one person, not 19 as in 9/11.  They also list the DC sniper attacks on the violent islamist side, and that is likewise questionable.

Errr, no, half the country is not full of right-wing terrorists because, let me know if I'm going too fast now, half the country does not attack other people violently because of their beliefs.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Let alone the absurdity of whatever makes one think there is some need or obligation to specifically denounce it.  On a discussion board on the internet.  Or worse, that there is then some larger conclusion to draw and to find 'scary'.  I didn't hear a single person at work outright denounce it even though we discussed it, it wouldn't even occur to me or most normal people to even note its absence.  What a bizarre expectation.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

It was a heinous and horrible act and I only wish that he would have survived so that he would face the whole weight of the U.S, justice system.

*waits*

Sometimes silence is acceptance and people would like a little reassurance people who lean left aren't all totally cold hearted. We aren't just a discussion forum...I think we have become more of a family for the most part. 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Michelle said:

Sometimes silence is acceptance and people would like a little reassurance people who lean left aren't all totally cold hearted. We aren't just a discussion forum...I think we have become more of a family for the most part. 

You excluded of course, but some of 'the family' are rabid anti-liberal anything and use every excuse to spew their vitriol at anyone who even smells like a leftist.

As evidenced in this thread.

• Like 3

Just now, Likely Guy said:

You excluded of course, but some of 'the family' are rabid anti-liberal anything and use every excuse to spew their vitriol at anyone who even smells like a leftist.

We all have black sheep of the families. :P You learn to deal with them, ignore them or skip holidays. ;)

• Like 4

Ted Nugent calms down, how about that?

“I cannot and I will not and I encourage even my friends/enemies on the left in the Democrat and liberal world that we got to be more civil to each other,” Nugent said. “The whole world is watching America where you have the God-given right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. And we have to be more respectful to the other side.”

He continued and said, “I’m gonna take a deep breath, and I’m gonna back down. And if it gets fiery, if it gets hateful, I’m going away and I’m not gonna engage in that hateful rhetoric anymore.”

The rocker also acknowledged his previous speeches directed at Democrats Hillary Clinton and former President Barack Obama, saying that the reason he would engage in such controversial rhetoric was because he was so hyped up and angry about the political climate.

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/06/15/ted-nugent-completely-flip-flops-on-political-rhetoric-in-this-bombshell-interview/

• Like 5

Just now, Michelle said:

I think we have become more of a family for the most part. 

Yep,every time i log into UM if i click on US politics it brings me back to my younger years of that half blitzed,know it all uncle during holidays who had all the damn answers to the worlds problems yet...though not stupid he really didn't know a damn thing about "the rest of the world"!

UM where it's best to "open your mouth and let everyone know your a fool,than ask questions of those who live there and actually become informed"...:lol:

No offense i actually like well most here but goddamn there is a reason i don't run to the politics sections of other countries and act like i've lived it...

Can't wait till next festivus a** holes! :lol:

• Like 9

"Here’s what those promoting the “police disproportionately kill black people” narrative consistently omit. Whites, despite being almost 65 percent of the population, disproportionately commit less of the nation’s violent crime – 10 percent. Blacks, at 13 percent of the population, disproportionately commit more violent crime. As to murders, black commit nearly half. Yet whites are 50 percent of cop killings."

"Criminology professor Peter Moskos looked at the numbers of those killed by officers from May 2013 to April 2015 and found that... “Adjusted for the homicide rate, whites are 1.7 times more likely than blacks to die at the hands of police.”

"What about traffic stops and race? ... according to the National Institute of Justice, the research arm of the Department of Justice. In its 2013 report, “Race, Trust and Police Legitimacy,”... it turns out blacks disproportionately commit traffic offenses, whether speeding, driving without a license, driving with expired tags, driving without the seat belt on or without a car seat for a baby, and so on. Numerical disparities, said the NIJ, result from “differences in offending” in addition to “differences in exposure to the police” and “differences in driving patterns.”

http://mobile.wnd.com/2016/07/the-truth-about-cops-killing-blacks/

As for the Alt Right being Nazis... their supposed leader is a gay Jew who likes black men... if you listen to the people that say Milo is a Nazi then you probably believe Pewdie Pie is a Nazi... for Pete's sake, that's a whole lot of mental gymnastics necessary to make all that work in your head... nuff said.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Fair enough, but suspecting that those in your 'family' are totally cold-hearted is almost contradictory, except in a true blood relation sense. In this context it at least puts a damper on how 'family' they really can be considered.  I don't know if I've read him but I've heard references to I think a ninja-somebody who was here, but regardless do you really question whether people here are really 'accepting' that GOP congressmen should be shot?  Maybe I've missed or just skimmed over the radical extremist leftist posters here and am not noticing the grounds for that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Likely Guy said:

*waits*

Because you always do when you try an pin on an alt-right.  Best stay out, you haven't a leg to stand on as this man is a purely progressive creation catalyzed bythe out of control hat speech your side is spewing.  Get used to it, he has energized your side to more violence.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

Fair enough, but suspecting that those in your 'family' are totally cold-hearted is almost contradictory, except in a true blood relation sense. In this context it at least puts a damper on how 'family' they really can be considered.  I don't know if I've read him but I've heard references to I think a ninja-somebody who was here, but regardless do you really question whether people here are really 'accepting' that GOP congressmen should be shot?  Maybe I've missed or just skimmed over the radical extremist leftist posters here and am not noticing the grounds for that.

I won't name names, but it seems some people justify these kinds of actions at every turn...even in this thread. It would be nice to hear some outright condemnation every once in a while.

I can recognize these traits and still get along with people.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Likely Guy said:

True, and I'm sure you'd agree we've got I think a couple rabid anti-conservatives too.  I do think it's Brady Bunch a lot of the time but sometimes it gets downright Manson family here.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

Wow bud think you are reading too far into things now...

Ninja-somebody has been here in the time frame of conversations you have probably participated in but MAY have been too far "party affiliated" for you to want to want to touch...the right has one of those notorius members here at the moment aswell EP...nothing can remove the blinders,what is well is and what must be must be...in minds like that...

I don't touch s*** like that and neither should anyone else,but it's become all the rage post Clinton...(Bill)

• Like 3