Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

196 dems to sue Trump over emoluments clause

Farmer77

Just now, CrimsonKing said:

Madcow really did make an ass of himself on that...

Haha:lol: I see what u did there

• Like 1

Trump reports assets of at least $1.4 billion in financial disclosure

President Donald Trump reported assets of at least $1.4 billion and income of at least $596.3 million in his latest financial disclosure released by the U.S. Office of Government Ethics on Friday. The 98-page document, which covers the 2016 calendar year, details his sprawling hotel and real estate empire, but does not provide an exact picture of his net worth. Trump has claimed he is worth in "excess of $10 billion" but Fortune put the number at less than $4 billion late last year.

Read more: POLITICO

• Like 1

How can a president be removed from office and for what reasons?
Article II § 4 of the Constitution provides as follows: "The President, Vice President and all civil officers of the United States, shall be removed from office on impeachment for, and conviction of, treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors."

I guess those Russians and Chinese order a lot of room service at his hotels.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Well the Chinese did make those two inspectors at Ivanka Trump's shoe factory in China disappear....... http://www.wbay.com/content/news/Men-investigating-Ivanka-Trump-shoe-factory-in-China-disappear-425403673.html 

and they just granted him 9 trademarks that they had previously denied .....but im sure him becoming POTUS has NOTHING to do with that :rolleyes:

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Presidential seal on Trump golf tees? A new low

This week, ProPublica reported that the Trump Organization ordered 12-inch replicas of the presidential seal to be used as tee markers at Trump golf courses. To review: A private, for-profit company -- one where the President's name appears everywhere you look, and one that continues to direct money, to the President's benefit, despite his official position -- is trying to further cash in by using a symbol that represents the chief servant of the American people?

• Like 4

On 6/14/2017 at 2:36 PM, Farmer77 said:

Nearly 200 Democratic members of Congress agreed to file a lawsuit Wednesday against President Trump alleging that by retaining interests in a global business empire he has violated constitutional restrictions on taking gifts and benefits from foreign leaders.

The lead senator filing the complaint in federal district court, Sen. Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.), said Tuesday that the lawsuit has already drawn more congressional plaintiffs — 196 — than any legal action previously taken against a president. No Republicans had joined in the lawsuit so far, although they will be invited to do so, Blumenthal said.

Congressional Democrats to file emoluments lawsuit against Trump 

This of course comes just days after the Attorney Generals for DC and Maryland filed similar suits  D.C. and Maryland AGs: Trump ‘flagrantly violating’ emoluments clause 

I really think in the end this is how they end up getting trump and he only has his own hubris to thank. 

Wow... just wow. So bitter. Every president I know has gotten gifts from foreign nations. So every president should have been impeached. 

4 hours ago, Uncle Sam said:

Wow... just wow. So bitter. Every president I know has gotten gifts from foreign nations. So every president should have been impeached. 

Yup.  That silly constitution again.  Reason why poor Jimmy Carter had to give up the peanut ranch.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Yup.  That silly constitution again.  Reason why poor Jimmy Carter had to give up the peanut ranch.

What gets me they ignored past presidents doing this, but they are going full bore on Trump with this. Hypocritical. If he is impeached for this, good, because it is part of the constitution. But this is really shows what the Democrats and Rinos are about, all they want to do is keep the power in their hands while beating down republicans. This election alone has shown a very nasty side of Democrats and Rinos.

Edited by Uncle Sam

4 hours ago, Gromdor said:

They counted every peanut.

Lol.

And now for something completely different...

3 hours ago, Uncle Sam said:

What gets me they ignored past presidents doing this, but they are going full bore on Trump with this. Hypocritical. If he is impeached for this, good, because it is part of the constitution. But this is really shows what the Democrats and Rinos are about, all they want to do is keep the power in their hands while beating down republicans. This election alone has shown a very nasty side of Democrats and Rinos.

I understand that it looks like hypocrisy but if you care about the nation over your party I think the appropriate response to that realization is : so what? 

It will look like hypocrisy to some when the alcoholic quits drinking, its still the right thing to do. 

11 hours ago, Uncle Sam said:

Not on the level we're discussing here. In fact the depth and breadth of the petty corruption and ethics violations we are seeing in Washington surely appears to be quite unprecedented in my lifetime. The article I just posted about the presidential symbol being used in the tee boxes of a Trump golf course just being the latest example. 

5 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

I understand that it looks like hypocrisy but if you care about the nation over your party I think the appropriate response to that realization is : so what? 

It will look like hypocrisy to some when the alcoholic quits drinking, its still the right thing to do. 

Not on the level we're discussing here. In fact the depth and breadth of the petty corruption and ethics violations we are seeing in Washington surely appears to be quite unprecedented in my lifetime. The article I just posted about the presidential symbol being used in the tee boxes of a Trump golf course just being the latest example. 

Is that all? That isn't corruption aka ABUSE OF POWER. The clintons on the other hand would receive financial donations aka pay to play which allowed foreign nations to have a say in our foreign policies. THAT'S corruption.

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Uncle Sam said:

Is that all? That isn't corruption aka ABUSE OF POWER. The clintons on the other hand would receive financial donations aka pay to play which allowed foreign nations to have a say in our foreign policies. THAT'S corruption.

No, it really appears that there was a bit of pay to play with the Trump folks and the UAE and possibly Israel as well. Not to mention the 4 nations whom we know via intelligence intercepts were trying to manipulate our national agenda through Kushner's personal finances. 

Mueller team looking into possible United Arab Emirates money into Trump campaign: report 

This is just one small piece of the mosaic which is the corruption surrounding the Trump crowd. The EPA is another great place to look for pay to play corruption and if you really want to dig into it I imagine there's probably some corruption following these trump hires around :

What swamp? Lobbyists get ethics waivers to work for Trump

President Donald Trump and his appointees have stocked federal agencies with ex-lobbyists and corporate lawyers who now help regulate the very industries from which they previously collected paychecks, despite promising as a candidate to drain the swamp in Washington.

A week after his January 2017 inauguration, Trump signed an executive order that bars former lobbyists, lawyers and others from participating in any matter they lobbied or otherwise worked on for private clients within two years before going to work for the government.

But records reviewed by The Associated Press show Trump's top lawyer, White House counsel Don McGahn, has issued at least 24 ethics waivers to key administration officials at the White House and executive branch agencies.

• 7 months later...

Judge Slaps Down Trump's Attempt to Wriggle Out of Emoluments Lawsuit by Citing the President's Own Tweets

According to the Washington Post, U.S. District Judge Peter Messitte rejected the Justice Department's request to pause the lawsuit.

"One interesting part: @realDonaldTrump had argued that a lawsuit would distract him from his duties as POTUS. But judge notes that, while in office, Trump has found time to [threaten] lawsuits against Bannon, Stormy, Michael Wolff," observed Washington Post reporter David Fahrenthold. "The judge in the emoluments clause case cited this tweet from @realDonaldTrump to reject Trump's argument that any lawsuit would impose undue burdens on the presidency. In this tweet, Trump actually invited a lawsuit from one of his enemies! He's got time, it seems."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

This is a detailed piece:

Presidential Profiteering: Trump’s Conflicts Got Worse in Year Two

President Trump’s January 11, 2017 announcement that he would not divest from his interests in the Trump Organization while serving as president caused an ethics uproar. CREW Executive Director Noah Bookbinder predicted that “[e]very decision [Trump] will make as president will be followed by the specter of doubt, and will be questioned as to whether his decision is in the best interest of the American people or the best interest of his bottom line.”

Two years later, the results of President Trump’s decision not to divest would likely astound even those most dismayed by his original announcement. The conflicts of interest the president has caused are nothing short of an ethical catastrophe.

During President Trump’s second year in office, CREW recorded more than 900 interactions between the government, those trying to influence it, and the Trump Organization, each resulting in a conflict of interest for President Trump. Those instances bring the total number of known conflicts of interest involving the Trump Organization to more than 1,400, two years into the Trump administration. CREW identified these conflicts by reviewing news reports, public documents, newsletters, and social media, including a Twitter account that tracks who’s going to Trump’s properties.

President Trump has tried to use the presidency to enrich himself by promoting his businesses as extensions of his administration. That includes conducting government business at them, praising them in his official capacity, and even going so far as to offer exclusive perks to members of his clubs including access to government leaders, influence on government business, and in some cases, appointments to government positions.

Political_Spending_2_75.jpg

Before President Trump announced his presidential campaign, political committees had never spent more than $100,000 total at Trump properties in any year, going back at least as far as 2002. Since President Trump took office, however, political groups have spent $4.9 million at the president’s businesses, with $3.8 million coming from political groups other than President Trump’s reelection campaign.

These totals only include amounts that can be tracked in filings submitted to the Federal Election Commission (FEC) or the IRS and are, therefore, only a sliver of what various interest groups are spending at Trump-brand properties. For example, nonprofit organizations—some of which spend heavily on politics without disclosing their donors—don’t have to file detailed spending reports that are available to the public, and thus their contributions to the Trump Organization’s balance sheets can’t be tabulated.

• 7 months later...

And here we are, two years after this thread first started, and what has happened ? 

The case has been thrown out by two States, and is bouncing around various federal courts and appeal courts in DC. 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/district-court-hands-trump-a-win-on-dems-emoluments-clause-lawsuit-noting-law-is-unsettled