Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Elon Musk reveals vision for city on Mars

UM-Bot

The more I read about his ideas, the more respect he gains from me. Eccentricity aside, he's a true visionary. You've just got to admire the guy.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Stiff said:

The more I read about his ideas, the more respect he gains from me. Eccity aside, he's a true visionary. You've just got to admire the guy.

and when humanity succeds  it will be the result of  seeds sown by people like him . 

• Like 4

I'm so tired of Elon Musk, and everyone acting like he's some visionary. First, he didn't invent solar panels. Although, his solar panel company is hemorrhaging money. Second, he didn't invent hybrid cars. Although, he did take billions in government subsidies(our money) and make cars for the rich(while hemorrhaging money). Third, his vision for Mars isn't any more visionary than a dozen sci-fi writers, or movie-makers. Finally, I will give some credit for Space-X's limited success. Although, he didn't invent space rockets that can deliver payloads, either. Jules Vernes was more Visionary than he'll ever be. So there!

Edited by torchwoodchi
  • Like 3

Living inside a protective bubble on another planet isn't my idea of living. But hey... each to his own.

• Like 3

It's a nightmare to consider any problems going wrong with the main structures or infrastructure on such a remote planet.

It really would be a disaster waiting to happen, we are earth creatures nothing more.

I have to agree with those that are tired of hearing from Musk in areas where he has little to no expertise.  He's a businessman, not a visionary...at least not any more a visionary than you or I.  Most of his original ideas aren't profitable or practical and some are just downright bad (i.e. Hyperloop.)  I'm sure there's a reason he feels he needs to claim to be a visionary and I'm sure it has something to do with megalomania, but for those that don't worship people for personality but respect them for knowledge, Musk just doesn't cut it.  At least not in my eyes.

• Like 2

I'm not worried about it, it won't happen in my lifetime and even if it somehow managed to happen while I was still around I am not  smart enough to be needed or wanted in a colony out there somewhere

Elon Musk is a leader. He is able to share a vision, elicit support, take risks, and bring about change.

• Like 3

And for what could happen after we colonize Mars, watch SyFy's "The Expanse".  A lot of the show is a stretch of technology, but I can see this happening, especially with human nature.

Whether he is a visionary or not, Musk and his team have created over 40,000 jobs in the various corporations he is involved with.

• Like 4