Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghosts in the machine

UM-Bot

microphone.jpg
Natural background noise or messages from the other side?Williamson, a 47-year-old former cleaner, is a dedicated collector of "electronic voice phenomena", commonly known as EVP - the mysterious voices or voice-like sounds, often distorted amid other extraneous noise, which can crop up on tape recordings, broadcasts, even telephone answering machines.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: Scotsman

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UM-Bot

• Great Big Sea

• pallidin

• psychic boy

Top Posters In This Topic

in which believers simply hear whatever they want to hear. However you may interpret it

Of course! It's just really noise, and some people will "hear" people talking and stuff. I find it interesting but a little creepy.

Though I believe in the potential of EVP, I would imagine that in this day and age of household computers and easily obtained audio software, that 80 % or more are simple fakes and hoaxes.

i think evp and ghost making sounds through a electrical object is cheezy but i still believe it is real cuz most people get attached to the objects they cant let go near death and the souls dont go to the light so they stay with their posetion and how evp work... i dont know. lol

EVP is never going to get scientific validation because to screen out the ambient noise for a clearer signal you block out the lower frequencies that the voices are in. But I have heard some fair samples on the different sights and do not rule out the possibility for future successful communications.

Mostly its just peoples brains telling them they are hearing something because they are trying to hear anything so very much!

But not always...................