Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Bigfoot' prints discovered in Texas parks

Still Waters

An unknown creature may be exploring parks in Round Rock, according to city officials.

Photos posted to the Round Rock Parks and Recreation Department’s Facebook page reveal some rather large, semi-human footprints — which means Bigfoot may be, well, afoot in Williamson County.

http://www.statesman.com/news/local/bigfoot-the-loose-round-rock/X5fxUsUB6Sx4AWG5WIMqZO/

• Like 6

How is it that there are pine needles and other debris all around the print but the print itself as completely clear?

• Like 9

That's a regular Texan's footprint

• Like 9

One foot print eh. Where did it come from and where did it lead to. Can`t just be one print.

A one legged big foot..... affectionately known as Hoppy 

• Like 8

So Shaq was walking through the worlds barefoot.  There looks like there may be another impression near the time stamp on the lower left picture.  Short stride for an "entity" with those size feet.

• Like 1

Did the Park Rangers take there photos or just folks who later tagged them to the park?

Just now, Merc14 said:

Did the Park Rangers take there photos or just folks who later tagged them to the park?

I believe theyre saying it was the Park Rangers which took the photos 

• Like 2

Sketchy info, but notice there is no pivoting action showing foot movement and locomotion, almost too perfect. The rangers are likely interested in identifying the individuals performing the prank.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Russian Hare said:

That place isn't too far from where I am typing this.

When camping in that area my wife freaked out, swearing she heard a Big Foot howling. I didn't hear it. :lol:

• Like 6

Looks like a publicity stunt. They're definitely up to something...
Here's a play-by-play:

https://www.facebook.com/roundrockparksandrec/

Feb 2016 - May 2017 (I didn't look back further): No photos or mention of anything 'Bigfoot' related.

June 11: The three 'Bigfoot feet' photos above, were added to their photos and posted to their wall, captioned: 'Our Park Ranger surveillance has captured strange footprints at various parks & trails in the area. If you find these, or other unexplained phenomena, tag Round Rock Parks and Recreation Department on FB, or @roundrockpard on Twitter & Instagram. #RRSightings'

June 15: Three 'Bigfoot hair' photos were added to their photos and posted to their wall, captioned: 'UPDATE: Curious clumps of hair evidence found at parks east of Interstate 35. If you find these, or other unexplained phenomena, tag Round Rock Parks and Recreation Department on FB, or @roundrockpard on Twitter & Instagram. #RRSightings'
5944654f5869d_hair3sm.jpg.9099076a5c145285a9578ce581ded109.jpg5944655111c3c_hair1.jpg.b03ef58da6f00550d0551e0ba0e50138.jpg594465529f2c1_hair2.jpg.e4f7157289b4f269b6221156cdabe7a6.jpg

June 15-16: Three other posts on their wall, thanking 'Fox 7 News', 'Austin American-Statesman' and 'KSAT TV News San Antonio' for 'helping us get the word out.' about the Bigfoot feet and hair photos, links below:
http://www.fox7austin.com/news/local-news/261218552-story
http://www.statesman.com/news/local/bigfoot-the-loose-round-rock/X5fxUsUB6Sx4AWG5WIMqZO/
http://www.ksat.com/news/images-show-bigfoot-may-be-roaming-north-of-san-antonio-according-to-texas-park-officials

June 17: Another post thanking 'KXAN News' for 'helping us get the word out.' about Bigfoot crossing signs going up in Round Rock.
http://kxan.com/2017/06/15/bigfoot-sighting-signs-go-up-in-round-rock/
594467a7cf592_crossingsign.jpg.f31a17518f758cdac840835bba218c2b.jpg

So there you have it, it's all very fishy, and that's not even going into the validity of the photos...

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Timonthy said:

Looks like a publicity stunt. They're definitely up to something...
Here's a play-by-play:

So there you have it, it's all very fishy, and that's not even going into the validity of the photos...

Does look like a promotion of some kind to me also.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, OverSword said:

How is it that there are pine needles and other debris all around the print but the print itself as completely clear?

Curious. If they picked out the needles and such, you'd expect to see marks in the print at least. Either the BF just happened to step into a bare patch of mud, or.......

• Like 2

Maybe some helpful citizen will set up a trap camera and catch these rangers running around in the woods. OR... Maybe get a pic of BF!!

• Like 2

Yeah, this has just been verified as a hoax by the City to encourage kids to use the facilities. The government lied, who would have thought?

• Like 4

On 17/06/2017 at 9:24 AM, .ZZ. said:

That place isn't too far from where I am typing this.

When camping in that area my wife freaked out, swearing she heard a Big Foot howling. I didn't hear it. :lol:

No, your wife heard a Big Howler, completely different from a Big Foot.:whistle:

• Like 1

On 6/16/2017 at 10:46 AM, The Russian Hare said:

Having recently lived in Texas, I can confirm.

• 4 weeks later...

I googled it.Yes the City of Round Rock does reallyhave a parks and recreation department.They also on their website mentioned something about Bigfoot.
Now for those who don't know there is a town south of San Antonio actually called Bigfoot. But it's not refering to the one we all know and love, but rather to man who was aTexas Ranger

By the way, you might want to look up Palmetto State Park in the town of Ottine , Texas on the San Marcos River. There are hot springs in the area and there are several rehabilitation centers there. The closest town is Gonzales, where the first shot in the Texas Revolution was fired. Supposedly  way back when people have on occassion reported a hairy man like creature  in the park.

You would think tracking anything as big and smelly as Bigfoot with bloodhounds would be a piece of cake.

• Like 2