Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Car Rams Police in Paris

susieice

Breaking news. Some reports are saying the driver was armed. He is in custody and police are investigating. People are being told to avoid the area.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/06/19/suspected-attacker-drives-car-into-police-vehicle-in-champs-elysees-police-say.html

• Like 2

At this rate cars are going to be considered lethal wepons

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, susieice said:

Breaking news. Some reports are saying the driver was armed. He is in custody and police are investigating. People are being told to avoid the area.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/06/19/suspected-attacker-drives-car-into-police-vehicle-in-champs-elysees-police-say.html

It's a matter of who wants it more, who will fight the hardest for the nation? Europe's in trouble.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, susieice said:

Another one? Has it been 48 hours already?

• Like 4

How the heck did he manage to get so close to the police van to ram it  if under surveillance and how did they manage to miss him loading his car up with this lot? 

had a rifle and explosives in his vehicle,

Authorities discovered a gas tank and an AK-47 rife in the attacker's car, 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, The Silver Thong said:

Wonder how he got an AK-47

Probably a former red army rifle. Or from Yugoslavia after it broke down. Obtaining the rifle is relatively easy in comparison to obtaining functional ammunition. 

6 minutes ago, oldrover said:

Antique shop? 

I doubt it

Just now, The Silver Thong said:

I doubt it

And underground arms dealer. In the internet age it's not that hard to find. Never heard of the darknet? 

8 minutes ago, The Silver Thong said:

I doubt it

Sorry, I was being comically literal. Well...

The AK 47 has been extinct these many decades, the rifle we call an AK 47 is in fact an AKM 74. 

4 minutes ago, FLOMBIE said:

And underground arms dealer. In the internet age it's not that hard to find. Never heard of the darknet? 

The dark net is a bit spooky. I have been there a few times. You can get what ever you want but of course it costs money. If you did it on the regular net you might get a knock on your door.

4 minutes ago, oldrover said:

Sorry, I was being comically literal. Well...

The AK 47 has been extinct these many decades, the rifle we call an AK 47 is in fact an AKM 74. 

Ya I thought so but had to give ya a poke ;)

Edited by The Silver Thong
  • Like 1

The dark net is a bit spooky. I have been there a few times. You can get what ever you want but of course it costs money. If you did it on the regular net you might get a knock on your door.

So the darknet it is. And like I said, it is most likely a very old rifle. Former red army or Yugo army. Just likes the ones that were used in the Bataclan attack. 

1 minute ago, FLOMBIE said:

So the darknet it is. And like I said, it is most likely a very old rifle. Former red army or Yugo army. Just likes the ones that were used in the Bataclan attack. 

I don`t recommend going to the dark net. However 90% of the internet is there. Doesn`t really matter where the gun came from but how he got it.

I don`t recommend going to the dark net. However 90% of the internet is there. Doesn`t really matter where the gun came from but how he got it.

The darknet. There are auction houses for illegal guns. You buy them, and they will be delivered to you. No, not by mail. 

7 minutes ago, FLOMBIE said:

The darknet. There are auction houses for illegal guns. You buy them, and they will be delivered to you. No, not by mail. 

Damn right there are, you can get anything you want down there. I don`t know if you have to meet some guy in a dark alley or if he brings it to your house. One thing forsure I wouldn`t want the dude to know where I live. Like I said it`s spooky. No today if I was so inclined I could go a gun shop and buy an AK-47 but I could not use a 30 round banna clip. How did a guy in Paris get this gun as France has some very strict gun laws.

It`s kinda like a crime where you follow the money. Figure out where he got the gun and you might expose a bigger problem maybe even a sleeper cell.

Edited by The Silver Thong

3 minutes ago, The Silver Thong said:

Damn right there are, you can get anything you want down there. I don`t know if you have to meet some guy in a dark alley or if he brings it to your house. One thing forsure I wouldn`t want the dude to know where I live. Like I said it`s spooky. No today if I was so inclined I could go a gun shop and buy an AK-47 but I could not use a 30 round banna clip. How did a guy in Paris get this gun as France has some very strict gun laws.

I keep telling you. Are you not reading? He obtained it illegally. When Yugoslavia broke down, plenty of their guns and whatnot disappeared and is still being illegally sold. France's strict gun laws are the reason for this being a very old gun, because the traders still have to rely on those old caches. 

Edited by FLOMBIE

I hear what your saying for cryin out loud. Lets say a guy has a 30 year old gun, would that make it any less deadly no! Why do keep mentioning Yugoslavia, you don`t know where he got it, your making an assumption at best.

• Like 1

I hear what your saying for cryin out loud. Lets say a guy has a 30 year old gun, would that make it any less deadly no! Why do keep mentioning Yugoslavia, you don`t know where he got it, your making an assumption at best.

It's a very educated guess. Pretty much any arms dealer who was caught by the police had guns from the Yugo army. The Bataclan attackers had guns from the Yugo army. Most AKs in Europe, which are pretty much all illegal, are from former eastern European armies. It's more than an assumption. And is what any "expert" would be telling you as well. It's where the guns come from. You cannot buy an AK legally in the EU as a private person, and no army is still using them. 

And if you ask where to get the gun from, the darknet is the easiest source. If you know that place, like you said, you know how to get a gun. I don't understand your problem, or what you are aiming at. 

No, you can't say that. A 30 year old gun that is well maintained is as deadly as a new one. These are often not. Also, they often have to rely on faulty ammunition. If you have followed the Bataclan attack, you saw that the attacker's guns jammed on numerous occasions. We have video recordings of that. 

1 minute ago, FLOMBIE said:

It's a very educated guess. Pretty much any arms dealer who was caught by the police had guns from the Yugo army. The Bataclan attackers had guns from the Yugo army. Most AKs in Europe, which are pretty much all illegal, are from former eastern European armies. It's more than an assumption. And is what any "expert" would be telling you as well. It's where the guns come from. You cannot buy an AK legally in the EU as a private person, and no army is still using them. 

And if you ask where to get the gun from, the darknet is the easiest source. If you know that place, like you said, you know how to get a gun. I don't understand your problem, or what you are aiming at. 

No, you can't say that. A 30 year old gun that is well maintained is as deadly as a new one. These are often not. Also, they often have to rely on faulty ammunition. If you have followed the Bataclan attack, you saw that the attacker's guns jammed on numerous occasions. We have video recordings of that. 

What is your issue man. Your guessing so I have no reason to take what you say at face value maybe it did come from Yugoslavia maybe it didn`t. I never said where it came from, I said how and where did he get it. My dad has a 40 year old 30.30 that shots better than most off the shelf modles today. My POINT is figure out how and where the gun came from. I`m sure he didn`t drive to  Yugoslavia lol and bring it back notice I used the lol. Maby just maybe we use his cell phone and see where his gps has shown him to be and look into a few locations maybe get a leed and stop other nutbars from getting illegal guns. Your not getting it man. For example talk to his familey and friends maybe they know when he got it and bragged about it, they all do. Take that date and see where he was maybe within that week.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Silver Thong said:

What is your issue man. Your guessing so I have no reason to take what you say at face value maybe it did come from Yugoslavia maybe it didn`t. I never said where it came from, I said how and where did he get it. My dad has a 40 year old 30.30 that shots better than most off the shelf modles today. My POINT is figure out how and where the gun came from. I`m sure he didn`t drive to  Yugoslavia lol and bring it back notice I used the lol. Maby just maybe we use his cell phone and see where his gps has shown him to be and look into a few locations maybe get a leed and stop other nutbars from getting illegal guns. Your not getting it man. For example talk to his familey and friends maybe they know when he got it and bragged about it, they all do. Take that date and see where he was maybe within that week.

My issue is that you don't want to listen to what I say. Why not? It's all plausible and makes sense. It's not the first time an illegal AK appeared, you know?

See, there is the misunderstanding. I did not mean that he drove to Yugo. That is where the guns come from. They are floating around all over Europe. Someone brought it from Yugoslavia the France. An illegal arms trader. If you want to check out what they sell and for what the price, lock on to the darknet. It's the easiest way to get an illegal gun in Europe. 

• Like 1

Just now, FLOMBIE said:

See, there is the misunderstanding. I did not mean that he drove to Yugo

Just following along the convo, one quick question for you though Flombie. With the immense amount of weapons proliferation from former soviet states , are you using Yugoslovia as a generic term for all of those states? 

Nothing to see here. Just another guy who was on the terror watch list.

• Like 2